Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 6068
Location: Over there! (last)
Adam Zyglis
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 32551
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
Image

_________________
hey punk, what are you doing with the constitution in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 2016
Goodness, I'm blushing now :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 32551
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
Thought you'd like that.....

_________________
hey punk, what are you doing with the constitution in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7481
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:

The point is that there ARE more conservatives here than just pedro1 and myself.


No, the point is that neither conservatives nor liberals, with the possible exception of pedro1, posts things that are in agreement with your views on this thread. You were the lone crusader battling the IQ challenged Z forum, according to you. But you've obviously decided to start disagreeing with yourself, as otherwise the logic of your argument that declining popularity indicates mendacity falls apart.



Disco Boy wrote:
There is NO such thing as an average of "almost all" polls. In fact, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, especially since poll #s sometimes change HOURLY.


It works this way, DB - they update the polling figures sometimes more than once a day. :smurf: It's in the title at Five Thirty Eight: "An updating calculation of the president's approval rating, accounting for each poll's quality, recency, sample size and partisan lean." https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/
The opinion pollsters consulted by Five Thirty Eight, many of them more than once, since May 14th are: Rasmussen Reports, Harris X, YouGov, Ipsos, Marist College, Morning Consult, CNN/SSRS, Harris Interactive, Gallup, American Research Group, CBS News, Ipsos, Monmouth University, Quinnipiac University, FOX News. Thus, they arrive at an approval rating for Trump of 41.6% as of today.

Real Clear Politics has polls from Rasmussen Reports, Economist/YouGov, NPR/PBS/Marist, Politico/Morning Consult, Reuters/Ipsos, Harvard-Harris, CNN, Economist/YouGov, The Hill/HarrisX, CNBC, Gallup, Economist/YouGov, CBS News, Monmouth, Quinnipiac, FOX News, Emerson a number of them more than once since the 14th of May. They arrive at an average approval rating for Trump of 44.3% as of the 6th of June. They call this the "RCP average". https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html

Perhaps you could tell me the pro-Trump pollsters they are both ignoring?



Disco Boy wrote:
Of course the 2nd quarter isn't over yet, but anyone with a brain knows FAKE NEWS has lost a SHITLOAD of business since the Mueller Report was released in April.

And lastly, I already gave you an entire search engine page of sources PROVING the NYT has admitted their Trump bias (regardless if the current CEO didn't technically state that). :roll:


So how do you know that the NYT has lost "a shitload of business"? Instinct? So the CEO didn't "technically" state that the NYT is biased against Trump? How did he "untechnically" state it, then?

In your search engine list, the first article states..."Overall, we rate the New York Times Left-Center biased based on word and story selection that moderately favors the left, but highly factual and considered one of the most reliable sources for information due to proper sourcing and well respected journalists/editors."
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/

The second article is about a former executive of the NYT who claims that the NYT has an anti-Trump bias, but...
"Given its mostly liberal audience, there was an implicit financial reward for the Times in running lots of Trump stories, almost all of them negative: they drove big traffic numbers and, despite the blip of cancellations after the election, inflated subscription orders to levels no one anticipated.”
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/01/02 ... ney-709134
This doesn't really prove your point that if anti-Trump news is published or broadcasted, revenues or viewing figures of the publishers/broadcasters will go down, because the public will recognize that they are publishing what you call "Fake News", as exactly the opposite appears to be the case.

The third article contains only a video which won't play and is from "Patriots for Truth". It does, however, contain a list of "traitors" e.g. Jeff Sessions, the Queen and the Pope.
https://patriots4truth.org/2019/01/13/n ... nst-trump/

I got bored after that. You do know that posting a search list entitled: "new york times admits Trump bias 2019" on bing is not really providing anyone with any concrete evidence of anything?

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5374
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
The point is that there ARE more conservatives here than just pedro1 and myself.


No, the point is that neither conservatives nor liberals, with the possible exception of pedro1, posts things that are in agreement with your views on this thread. You were the lone crusader battling the IQ challenged Z forum, according to you. But you've obviously decided to start disagreeing with yourself, as otherwise the logic of your argument that declining popularity indicates mendacity falls apart.


No, that is YOUR point, not mine. And it's not an accurate one, since other posters like BRAVO and jaypfunk, etc., have posted similar articles, stats, etc. :roll:

Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
There is NO such thing as an average of "almost all" polls. In fact, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, especially since poll #s sometimes change HOURLY.


It works this way, DB - they update the polling figures sometimes more than once a day. :smurf: It's in the title at Five Thirty Eight: "An updating calculation of the president's approval rating, accounting for each poll's quality, recency, sample size and partisan lean." https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/
The opinion pollsters consulted by Five Thirty Eight, many of them more than once, since May 14th are: Rasmussen Reports, Harris X, YouGov, Ipsos, Marist College, Morning Consult, CNN/SSRS, Harris Interactive, Gallup, American Research Group, CBS News, Ipsos, Monmouth University, Quinnipiac University, FOX News. Thus, they arrive at an approval rating for Trump of 41.6% as of today.

Real Clear Politics has polls from Rasmussen Reports, Economist/YouGov, NPR/PBS/Marist, Politico/Morning Consult, Reuters/Ipsos, Harvard-Harris, CNN, Economist/YouGov, The Hill/HarrisX, CNBC, Gallup, Economist/YouGov, CBS News, Monmouth, Quinnipiac, FOX News, Emerson a number of them more than once since the 14th of May. They arrive at an average approval rating for Trump of 44.3% as of the 6th of June. They call this the "RCP average". https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html

Perhaps you could tell me the pro-Trump pollsters they are both ignoring?


Again, you're TOTALLY missing the point. Which is, that it's not even possible to compile the total amount of active polls, like your link does, nor rely on them, especially since, a) there are THOUSANDS of polls, b) they sometimes change HOURLY, c) the sample rates aren't necessarily large or accurate and d) over 90% of all media are liberal and bias. If all poll #s were accurate, Hillary would be President right now... :roll:

Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Of course the 2nd quarter isn't over yet, but anyone with a brain knows FAKE NEWS has lost a SHITLOAD of business since the Mueller Report was released in April.

And lastly, I already gave you an entire search engine page of sources PROVING the NYT has admitted their Trump bias (regardless if the current CEO didn't technically state that). :roll:


So how do you know that the NYT has lost "a shitload of business"? Instinct? So the CEO didn't "technically" state that the NYT is biased against Trump? How did he "untechnically" state it, then?

In your search engine list, the first article states..."Overall, we rate the New York Times Left-Center biased based on word and story selection that moderately favors the left, but highly factual and considered one of the most reliable sources for information due to proper sourcing and well respected journalists/editors."
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/

The second article is about a former executive of the NYT who claims that the NYT has an anti-Trump bias, but...
"Given its mostly liberal audience, there was an implicit financial reward for the Times in running lots of Trump stories, almost all of them negative: they drove big traffic numbers and, despite the blip of cancellations after the election, inflated subscription orders to levels no one anticipated.”
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/01/02 ... ney-709134
This doesn't really prove your point that if anti-Trump news is published or broadcasted, revenues or viewing figures of the publishers/broadcasters will go down, because the public will recognize that they are publishing what you call "Fake News", as exactly the opposite appears to be the case.

The third article contains only a video which won't play and is from "Patriots for Truth". It does, however, contain a list of "traitors" e.g. Jeff Sessions, the Queen and the Pope.
https://patriots4truth.org/2019/01/13/n ... nst-trump/

I got bored after that. You do know that posting a search list entitled: "new york times admits Trump bias 2019" on bing is not really providing anyone with any concrete evidence of anything?


Are you fucking serious?!

EVERY liberal media source has lost $$$ (some more than others) since the Mueller report was released in April. Look at their ratings.

And there is PLENTY of concrete evidence supporting and PROVING an anti-Trump bias prevalent throughout liberal media (aka, FAKE NEWS), especially since there are even more links than that. Several pages worth, in fact. And of course, the Trump/Russian collusion HOAX, is the most egregious of all UNPROVEN stories.

It's absolutely absurd that you're actually trying to deny liberal media isn't bias?! :roll:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 2016
I like Mexihicans, they piss best than Donald can and they got real hands and a big normal Dick :smoke:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 307
Location: USA
Humor on that very topic
https://karireport.blogspot.com/2019/02 ... g.html?m=1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 10067
^^
^^
^^
The fact that DB willingly hops in bed with BRAVO and especially jaypfunk is enough to make me throw up (or laugh) though by no means is it surprising. Jaypfunk is no longer a member of the forum as I recall because he couldn’t behave himself because of his uncontrollable racist and homophobic tendencies. I hope BRAVO is ok as we haven’t heard from him in some time either. I remember he was having some health problems. Before he disappeared he just seemed like a bitter old man. It seems it’s just DB and Pedro left to carry on the cause. A sad little club.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: disco boy and pedro
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7688
Location: exile
KUIII wrote:
It seems it’s just DB and Pedro left to carry on the cause. A sad little club.
very sad indeed. and kinda desperate too. 8)

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5294
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
It won't make me cry.
:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 32551
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
I have it on good authority "the little club" is Melania's pet name for Donald's penile protuberance.....

_________________
hey punk, what are you doing with the constitution in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7481
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:

No, that is YOUR point, not mine. And it's not an accurate one, since other posters like BRAVO and jaypfunk, etc., have posted similar articles, stats, etc. :roll:


Ah, so that would be the jaypfunk, who previously referred to you as a...
jaypfunk wrote:
retard

jaypfunk wrote:
fanboy douche

jaypfunk wrote:
Disco Douche [who] couldn't get any stupider

jaypfunk wrote:
idiot

...and then went into a racist, homophobic, Trumpophile meltdown in which you joined? That jaypfunk? Or another jaypfunk? If the former, you might not have noticed, but he's been banned.

And BRAVO? His last post on this thread was on August 1. 2018. I sincerely hope he's doing OK, but I haven't seen him leaping to your defence recently.

Disco Boy wrote:
Again, you're TOTALLY missing the point. Which is, that it's not even possible to compile the total amount of active polls, like your link does, nor rely on them, especially since, a) there are THOUSANDS of polls, b) they sometimes change HOURLY, c) the sample rates aren't necessarily large or accurate and d) over 90% of all media are liberal and bias. If all poll #s were accurate, Hillary would be President right now... :roll:


There is, in fact, only one daily nationally recognized poll of Presidential approval ratings - the Trump friendly Rasmussen Reports. "Now that Gallup has quit the field, Rasmussen Reports is the only nationally recognized public opinion firm that still tracks President Trump's job approval ratings on a daily basis." http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... rack_jun07. They consistently put Trump's approval ratings higher than other polls. Thus, at the moment, they give the highest possible approval rating for Trump at this point in time of his presidency at 48%. In comparison, Obama was at 49%, according to Rasmussen. Thus, even in the most favourable poll for Trump, Obama is currently 1% more believable, according to your logic.

Five Thirty Eight describes in detail their methodology in collating and weighting such polls. They give more weight to greater sample size, previous accuracy and then give it a grade. Thus Rasmussen Reports, gets a grade of only C+ as they poll daily (giving their polls disproportionate weight), they don't allow the answer "don't know" and they completely fucked up in their polling for the House elections last time. FOX, on the other hand, gets an A.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... l-ratings/

Your original claim was...
Disco Boy wrote:
There is NO such thing as an average of "almost all" polls

I have now given you two examples of exactly such averages. Could you point out the active national polling companies that Five Thirty Eight and Real Clear Politics are not consulting?

Disco Boy wrote:
Are you fucking serious?!

EVERY liberal media source has lost $$$ (some more than others) since the Mueller report was released in April. Look at their ratings.

And there is PLENTY of concrete evidence supporting and PROVING an anti-Trump bias prevalent throughout liberal media (aka, FAKE NEWS), especially since there are even more links than that. Several pages worth, in fact. And of course, the Trump/Russian collusion HOAX, is the most egregious of all UNPROVEN stories.

It's absolutely absurd that you're actually trying to deny liberal media isn't bias?!


I was referring specifically to the NYT. You then made the claim that they had lost subscriptions since the Mueller Report and that a nameless CEO had confirmed that this was a result of their bias, but were then absolutely unable to provide any proof for the truth of either statement. Instead, you provided a list of search engine results, the first three of which I consulted. The first result on your list (and remember - it's your list not mine), seemingly refutes the point you made about liberal media bias. Thus, I am not necessarily denying liberal media bias in this context, the very first source on your search engine results is. The second result seemingly refutes your claim that the NYT has lost subscriptions as a result of anti-Trump bias, as the ex-executive quoted says exactly the opposite is the case. The third result accuses the Queen and the Pope of being traitors.
My point is that your search engine results provide no useful proof, at least in the first three results, for what you were originally claiming, in fact they are totally counterproductive to your argument. Now, I'm sure that somewhere in the internet there might be information that might support some or all of your contentions. You have yet to provide accurate links to them, however and thus have, once again, argued purely by assertion.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5294
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
I imagine DB pulling out his hair and panicking each time Caputh demolishes his misleading arguments.
Unconsciously or not, DB really thinks we're a bunch of gullible imbeciles.
I couldn't thank enough Caputh for the work done and time spent to twart the plans of that Trump's damned soul.
I lost patience long ago. Couldn't stand that illogical irrational stubbornness anymore.

Yeah I imagine DB going crazy at every Caputh's post.
And robbing the FOX web site and others Right-Wing facist medias of every ounce of partisan lying and half-truth he can find.
At best, a misguided puppet, at worst, a complete moron.
Either case, he's bad company in a wrong crowd.

:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7481
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Thank you for your kind words, Mij. In some ways, communicating with DB is rather like I imagine communicating with Trump is; there is the same tendency to extravagant statements that have little or no evidential foundation, the same erroneous belief in the power of repetition, the same wildly contradictory counter arguments, the same attempts to ignore reality even though the counter evidence is staring you in the face, the attempts to bury previous statements are also similar and the final resort is always personal invective. The mysterious thing is that he perfected this "technique" long before Trump's rise. Maybe Trump has been following DB rather than the other way around? Still it seems to work on over 40 per cent of Americans. DB's problem is that it doesn't seem to work particularly well here. I wonder why.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 6068
Location: Over there! (last)
Caputh wrote:
Maybe Trump has been following DB rather than the other way around?
. . . or, perhaps, DB has been following jaypfunk, who has been following Rush Limbaugh . . . 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7481
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
So Limbaugh + jaypfunk + DB = Trump? :D

(Mind you, he'd probably take that as a compliment.)

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5294
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
Caputh wrote:
Thank you for your kind words, Mij. In some ways, communicating with DB is rather like I imagine communicating with Trump is; there is the same tendency to extravagant statements that have little or no evidential foundation, the same erroneous belief in the power of repetition, the same wildly contradictory counter arguments, the same attempts to ignore reality even though the counter evidence is staring you in the face, the attempts to bury previous statements are also similar and the final resort is always personal invective. The mysterious thing is that he perfected this "technique" long before Trump's rise. Maybe Trump has been following DB rather than the other way around? Still it seems to work on over 40 per cent of Americans. DB's problem is that it doesn't seem to work particularly well here. I wonder why.

The saddest thing is that DB will read your post and won't understand what you're talking about. But the rest of us do.
Guys like DB in this world is "d'une infinie tristesse"(unspeakable/infinite sorrow).
Only one life and having to deal with them, trying to teach them a thing or two, in vain.
There's a huge difference between being right or wanting to be right.
The seconds don't care about what's true.
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 6068
Location: Over there! (last)
Randall Enos
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5374
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh,

Again, the point is that there are other conservatives here (jaypfunk's quotes you provided weren't even about politics). Whether or not they "jump to my defense", does NOT detract from that FACT - which is the POINT. Whereas, you made it seem like pedro1 and I are the only ones here that are conservatives. Which, of course, is NOT true. :roll:

ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

Again, you're TOTALLY missing the point. Which is, that it's not even possible to compile the total amount of active polls, like your link does, nor rely on them, especially since, a) there are THOUSANDS of polls, b) they sometimes change HOURLY, c) the sample rates aren't necessarily large or accurate and d) over 90% of all media are liberal and bias. If all poll #s were accurate, Hillary would be President right now...

EVERY liberal media source has lost $$$ (some more than others) since the Mueller report was released in April. Look at their ratings.

And there is PLENTY of concrete evidence supporting and PROVING an anti-Trump bias prevalent throughout liberal media (aka, FAKE NEWS), including the NYT, especially since there are even more links than that. Several pages worth, in fact. And of course, the Trump/Russian collusion HOAX, is the most egregious of all UNPROVEN stories. :roll:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: disco trump
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7688
Location: exile
Disco Boy wrote:
A. RIDICULOUS. AMOUNT. OF. MORE. TIMES. FOR. THE. WORLD.

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: trump
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7688
Location: exile
Mij wrote:
I couldn't thank enough Caputh for the work done and time spent to twart the plans of that Trump's damned soul.
agreed. you're doing a great job, caputh.

and also; another thank you to mr. nice guy for posting all these excellent cartoons. 8)

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7481
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Thank you, LG.
As DB has gone into his final default repetition mode, I thought I'd sum up how we got here, so that people don't have to plough through the whole thing. For those who find this boring, I apologize..

- DB claims that we can see that "Fake News" is "Fake News" because the ratings of CNN and MSNBC have gone down since the publishing of the Mueller report.

- I point out that if this statement were logical, then he must be "Fake News" as his views are not shared by those on this forum, Trump is the least popular President with the exception of Jimmy Carter and the NYT's subscription rates have gone up, making them not "Fake News".

- DB claims that his views are shared by others on this forum, that Trump is not the least popular president since Jimmy Carter and that the CEO of the NYT has admitted their bias and says that their ratings have gone down as a result. He provides no evidence for these statements.

- I provide quotes that DB has repeatedly claimed that the Z forum has a low IQ, indicating that he does not apparently think they share his views. I give the results of 3 average polls, all indicating very low poll approval ratings for Trump. I give the rising subscription figures for the NYT in 2018 and the first quarter of 2019 and a speech by the CEO of the NYT emphasizing rising subscription figures.

- DB points out that pedro1 agrees with his views and claims that average polls of "almost all polls" do not exist. He states that only the first quarter of NYR subscriptions are presented. HE ontinies to claim that the NYT subscription levels have dropped. He provides a search engine list to prove that the NYT is biased.

- I concede that pedro1 might share his views, but that nobody else seems to. I provide a list of the polls Five Thirty Eight and Real Clear Politics use. I point out that his search engine results are a) irrelevant to what it is being argued b) that the first result on his list does not prove that the NYT is biased and the second result does not prove that the NYT has lost sales since April and that the third result is plain weird. I ask for concrete evidence for the subscription sales of the NYT in the second quarter.

- DB claims that jaypfunk and BRAVO also share his "conservative" views. DB claims that average polls of almost all polls still do not exist as there are too many polls to collate. He also seems to claim that all polls are biased. DB claims that "Fake News Media" has lost viewers since April. He refers once again to his search engine list, but does not provide any evidence of subscription sales for the NYT. He concedes that the NYT's CEO did not "technically" state what he had previously claimed.

- I and othera point out that jaypfunk is banned and that BRAVO hasn't posted in 10 months. I point out that the possible conservatives here have not expressed agreement with his views. I present the methodology and results of 2 average polls to show that they do exist. I ask for evidence for the "thousands of polls" that are not included in the respective averages. I point out that in the poll that is most favourable to Trump he is currently behind Obama. Thus, according to DB's logic, Obama is more trustworthy.

- DB is now claiming that there are other conservatives on this board, even though they do not express vocal support for him. DB claims once again that average polls of almost all polls still do not exist as there are too many polls to collate. He provides no evidence of the "thousands" of polls that are not consulted by Five Thirty Eight and Real Clear Politics. He also seems to claim that nearly all polls are biased. He provides no evidence for this. DB claims that all "Fake News Media" has lost viewers since April. He refers once again to his search engine list, but does not provide any evidence of subscription sales for the NYT. He writes ONE.MORE.TIME.FOR.THE.WORLD for the first time in the exchange, indicating that he is going to repeat the same post over and over again.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Last edited by Caputh on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5294
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
DB is just a moron who wants us to say he's right, but he's so wrong.
Sadly, he can't perceive he is.
Reading his posts is a complete waste of time.
I banned him and that's a good thing.
There's a limit at being stupid.
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5294
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
Interesting articles about how Trump's tariff can hurt economy.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-border-town-feels-stress-trump-tariff-threat-against-mexico-n1015551

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group