Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: disco boy & pedro
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7680
Location: exile
Disco Boy wrote:
The entire Zappa forum does NOT disagree with my views.
pedro1 wrote:
What ' happened ' to me was the realization that while the Zappa freaks here know music , they are still unicorn chasers when it comes to reality.
Disco Boy wrote:
There are no truer words.

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Last edited by Lumpy Gravy on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 6052
Location: Over there! (last)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 32527
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
Image

_________________
hey punk, what are you doing with the constitution in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7477
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Since, according to your own posts, the entire Zappa forum disagree with your views, your ratings here would not appear to be particularly high. Thus, according to your own logic, you must be Fake News. Trump's popularity ratings are also currently the lowest of any US President since polling began, with the exception of Jimmy Carter. Is he Fake News, too? Conversely, the New York Times' online subscription revenue gained nearly 18 percent to reach $400 million in 2018. Therefore they cannot be Fake News.


The entire Zappa forum does NOT disagree with my views. Trump's approval ratings are NOT currently the lowest of any US President since polling began, with the exception of Jimmy Carter. And the New York Times' CEO just admitted that their publication is bias and consequently, they've also lost business since the Mueller Report was released in April.

YOU are FAKE NEWS. :roll:


pedro1 wrote:
The way idiots like you spin things , you would be much better working for MSNBC than me.
What ' happened ' to me was the realization that while the Zappa freaks here know music , they are still unicorn chasers when it comes to reality.


Disco Boy wrote:
There are no truer words.



As LG points out, it is amazing how DB manages to contradict his own argument in one post without realizing it.

Also there's this...
Disco Boy wrote:
The Z forum's IQs continue to shatter records by reaching even more record lows through perpetually refusing to accept Trump's amazing accomplishments


This doesn't seem to me to indicate that you consider your views to be very popular. But OK, the entire Zappa forum, minus one.

In Five Thirty Eight's Poll of Polls on approval ratings on day 867 of the presidencies...

1. George H. Bush 72.8%
2. Dwight D. Eisenhower 68.3%
3. John F. Kennedy 64.1%
4. George W. Bush 62.2%
5. Harry Truman 59.2%
6. Lyndon Johnson 57.2%
7. Gerald Ford 51.5%
8. Bill Clinton 49.3%
9. Barack Obama 48.2%
10. Richard Nixon 48.1%
11. Ronald Reagan 45.4%
12. Donald Trump 41.6%
13. Jimmy Carter 28.8%
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/



Which NYT CEO are you referring to? Is it perhaps the Mark Thompson referred to below?
On May 8th The Hill reported...

"New York Times reports strong first-quarter earnings


The New York Times Company on Wednesday reported first-quarter results exceeding analyst expectations, with the 167-year-old publication company showing increases in digital advertising and subscriptions that eclipse its continued decline in revenue in print.

The Times's total number of paid subscriptions surpassed 4.5 million, an all-time high for the company. Of that number, more than 3.5 million of those subscriptions were digital. The company also added 223,000 customers for its news, crossword and news applications during the quarter, marking nearly a 30 percent increase compared to the first quarter of 2018.

Revenues from online advertising were $55 million, a 19 percent increase. The Times says that revenue was particularly boosted by its podcast business, notably "The Daily," hosted by political journalist Michael Barbaro.

“The breadth and depth of our news report have allowed us to spin out two highly successful digital products beyond core news, NYT Cooking and Crossword," said Mark Thompson, president and chief executive officer of The New York Times Company.

"This quarter, our Crossword product passed the 500,000 total subscription mark, which makes it, in its own right, the 5th largest digital subscription product from a U.S. news provider. And today, we launched our newest product, Parenting, in beta."

“We saw very good year-over-year growth in digital advertising while total advertising was flat," he continued. "Subscription revenues made up two-thirds of the Company’s revenues and for the first time, digital-only subscription revenue was more than a quarter of total Company revenue. We will continue to invest in our journalism, product and marketing at elevated levels to attract and retain large numbers of new subscribers to The Times.”

The Times is often targeted by President Trump for its reporting, calling reports that don't cast a favorable light on his administration "fake news" and labeling the company as "the failing New York Times."

On Wednesday morning, the president lashed out at the Times over a piece published Tuesday that reported on his businesses losses. He labeled the newspaper’s story a “highly inaccurate Fake News hit job!”
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4426 ... r-earnings

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Last edited by Caputh on Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 32527
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
it's a which hunt, you can take your pick.....

_________________
hey punk, what are you doing with the constitution in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:34 am
Posts: 1509
Location: Plymouth England
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Image




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"no one looks good with brown lipstick on"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 6052
Location: Over there! (last)
Clay Jones
Image

Christopher Weyant
Image

David Fitzsimmons
Image

Adam Zyglis
Image

John Darkow
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
A dose of "reality" to Pedro's enjoyment...
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/06/politics/donald-trump-robert-mueller-russia-probe/index.html

... a vomit-inducing attitude
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
Another dose of reality or "How to build a crisis when you need one"
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/447374-trump-plans-to-declare-new-national-emergency-to-impose-tariffs

Some experts said that all those tariffs will average more than a thousand dollars in the family budget.
Where are those benefits promised by lying Trump if you're not one of the lucky fews ?
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
A BIG dose of reality
https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/watch/donald-trump-s-overseas-protest-delusion-61303365559

Hearing Trump says that thousands of protesters is "fake news" is one of its most stupid lie.
When every person on this planet could Watch it on TV.
His base fan won't even look. They're afraid of truth.
A wild bunch of idiots still hoping the "Messiah" will save them.
:P :P :P :P :P

Are you one of them ?
:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2934
Location: SLS
Mij wrote:
A dose of "reality" to Pedro's enjoyment...
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/06/politics/donald-trump-robert-mueller-russia-probe/index.html

... a vomit-inducing attitude
:P


CNN ?
The Hill ?
MSNBC ?

Really ???

Keep chasing that unicorn.
He's right around the corner .
:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
What do you call a guy who gets his infos at FOX ?

Dumb, deaf and blind.
The tragedy is that he does it on purpose !

:P

Do you still believe the "thousands" of supporters that just Trump saw ?
:smoke:

If so, you're at the DB level.
And you're chasing your unicorn !

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2934
Location: SLS
Mij , you're so invested in the little things that you can't see the forest.
Your un-reasoned hatred must be because you can't break out of your cliche.
Must suck to be so tunnel visioned and dependent on other's opinions.
:cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
pedro1 wrote:
Mij , you're so invested in the little things that you can't see the forest.
Your un-reasoned hatred must be because you can't break out of your cliche.
Must suck to be so tunnel visioned and dependent on other's opinions.
:cry:

Who cares about forest ?
The problem is not there. The problem is guys like you who cast their votes on stupid leaders.
You know those leaders are stupid but you keep voting for them.
THAT'S the problem ! And it's a big one.
Giving power to a 3 years old mental age imbecile. Yeah, that's a stupid thing to do. May he be Rep or Dem.

Still. the "thousands" ? You see as a little thing or a forest ?
You're laughable. So, let me laugh
:smoke: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 8597
Location: The Thumb
Donald gave a terrific speech for the 75th anniversary D-Day.

After he read what his speechwriter wrote for him to slowly read, he predictably went off script and did some petty political attacks against fellow Americans who don't agree with his policies. Stealing the attention back from the elderly vets and putting the spotlight directly on his own hurt feelings & over inflated ego. Super tacky.

_________________
*********************************************************************
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5371
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
As LG points out, it is amazing how DB manages to contradict his own argument in one post without realizing it.


There is NO contradiction. You two idiots are cherry-picking quotes and placing them where you want them to be. And we all know pedro1 is referring to most Zappa fans here, not all.

Caputh wrote:
But OK, the entire Zappa forum, minus one.


No, not the entire Z forum, minus one. There are other conservatives here. You know that.

Caputh wrote:
In Five Thirty Eight's Poll of Polls on approval ratings on day 867 of the presidencies...

1. George H. Bush 72.8%
2. Dwight D. Eisenhower 68.3%
3. John F. Kennedy 64.1%
4. George W. Bush 62.2%
5. Harry Truman 59.2%
6. Lyndon Johnson 57.2%
7. Gerald Ford 51.5%
8. Bill Clinton 49.3%
9. Barack Obama 48.2%
10. Richard Nixon 48.1%
11. Ronald Reagan 45.4%
12. Donald Trump 41.6%
13. Jimmy Carter 28.8%
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/


That's ONE poll. There are dozens, if not hundreds of other polls.

Caputh wrote:
Which NYT CEO are you referring to? Is it perhaps the Mark Thompson referred to below?
On May 8th The Hill reported...

"New York Times reports strong first-quarter earnings


The New York Times Company on Wednesday reported first-quarter results exceeding analyst expectations, with the 167-year-old publication company showing increases in digital advertising and subscriptions that eclipse its continued decline in revenue in print.

The Times's total number of paid subscriptions surpassed 4.5 million, an all-time high for the company. Of that number, more than 3.5 million of those subscriptions were digital. The company also added 223,000 customers for its news, crossword and news applications during the quarter, marking nearly a 30 percent increase compared to the first quarter of 2018.

Revenues from online advertising were $55 million, a 19 percent increase. The Times says that revenue was particularly boosted by its podcast business, notably "The Daily," hosted by political journalist Michael Barbaro.

“The breadth and depth of our news report have allowed us to spin out two highly successful digital products beyond core news, NYT Cooking and Crossword," said Mark Thompson, president and chief executive officer of The New York Times Company.

"This quarter, our Crossword product passed the 500,000 total subscription mark, which makes it, in its own right, the 5th largest digital subscription product from a U.S. news provider. And today, we launched our newest product, Parenting, in beta."

“We saw very good year-over-year growth in digital advertising while total advertising was flat," he continued. "Subscription revenues made up two-thirds of the Company’s revenues and for the first time, digital-only subscription revenue was more than a quarter of total Company revenue. We will continue to invest in our journalism, product and marketing at elevated levels to attract and retain large numbers of new subscribers to The Times.”

The Times is often targeted by President Trump for its reporting, calling reports that don't cast a favorable light on his administration "fake news" and labeling the company as "the failing New York Times."

On Wednesday morning, the president lashed out at the Times over a piece published Tuesday that reported on his businesses losses. He labeled the newspaper’s story a “highly inaccurate Fake News hit job!”
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4426 ... r-earnings


The Mueller Report was released in April of this year. April is NOT within the first quarter.

And here you'll find plenty of info on the NYT's admitted Trump bias. :roll:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
He's 3 years of mental age, Milton !
No matter what, he'll never improve.

His only talent is in lying to gullible peoples.
The problem is there's too many gullible peoples.
And it doesn't help this planet who deserves better.
:x :oops:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7477
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
As LG points out, it is amazing how DB manages to contradict his own argument in one post without realizing it.


There is NO contradiction. You two idiots are cherry-picking quotes and placing them where you want them to be. And we all know pedro1 is referring to most Zappa fans here, not all.

Caputh wrote:
But OK, the entire Zappa forum, minus one.


No, not the entire Z forum, minus one. There are other conservatives here. You know that.

Caputh wrote:
In Five Thirty Eight's Poll of Polls on approval ratings on day 867 of the presidencies...

1. George H. Bush 72.8%
2. Dwight D. Eisenhower 68.3%
3. John F. Kennedy 64.1%
4. George W. Bush 62.2%
5. Harry Truman 59.2%
6. Lyndon Johnson 57.2%
7. Gerald Ford 51.5%
8. Bill Clinton 49.3%
9. Barack Obama 48.2%
10. Richard Nixon 48.1%
11. Ronald Reagan 45.4%
12. Donald Trump 41.6%
13. Jimmy Carter 28.8%
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/


That's ONE poll. There are dozens, if not hundreds of other polls.

Caputh wrote:
Which NYT CEO are you referring to? Is it perhaps the Mark Thompson referred to below?
On May 8th The Hill reported...

"New York Times reports strong first-quarter earnings


The New York Times Company on Wednesday reported first-quarter results exceeding analyst expectations, with the 167-year-old publication company showing increases in digital advertising and subscriptions that eclipse its continued decline in revenue in print.

The Times's total number of paid subscriptions surpassed 4.5 million, an all-time high for the company. Of that number, more than 3.5 million of those subscriptions were digital. The company also added 223,000 customers for its news, crossword and news applications during the quarter, marking nearly a 30 percent increase compared to the first quarter of 2018.

Revenues from online advertising were $55 million, a 19 percent increase. The Times says that revenue was particularly boosted by its podcast business, notably "The Daily," hosted by political journalist Michael Barbaro.

“The breadth and depth of our news report have allowed us to spin out two highly successful digital products beyond core news, NYT Cooking and Crossword," said Mark Thompson, president and chief executive officer of The New York Times Company.

"This quarter, our Crossword product passed the 500,000 total subscription mark, which makes it, in its own right, the 5th largest digital subscription product from a U.S. news provider. And today, we launched our newest product, Parenting, in beta."

“We saw very good year-over-year growth in digital advertising while total advertising was flat," he continued. "Subscription revenues made up two-thirds of the Company’s revenues and for the first time, digital-only subscription revenue was more than a quarter of total Company revenue. We will continue to invest in our journalism, product and marketing at elevated levels to attract and retain large numbers of new subscribers to The Times.”

The Times is often targeted by President Trump for its reporting, calling reports that don't cast a favorable light on his administration "fake news" and labeling the company as "the failing New York Times."

On Wednesday morning, the president lashed out at the Times over a piece published Tuesday that reported on his businesses losses. He labeled the newspaper’s story a “highly inaccurate Fake News hit job!”
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4426 ... r-earnings


The Mueller Report was released in April of this year. April is NOT within the first quarter.

And here you'll find plenty of info on the NYT's admitted Trump bias. :roll:


a) There might be very many other conservatives on this board. I haven't seen them supporting your views on this thread. And you don't give the impression of a swell of enormous support for yourself.
Disco Boy wrote:
the Z forum's IQ is now at such an incredibly low level

Disco Boy wrote:
the Z forum's IQ levels have dropped even further

Disco Boy wrote:
the Z forum's IQ levels have dropped even further

Disco Boy wrote:
the Z forum's IQ levels continue to drop considerably


b) That isn't just one poll. It's an average of "almost all" polls.
Similar sites are e.g. Real Clear Politics, where Trump is currently at an average of 44.1% in the poll of polls https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html and the Huffington Post's Poll of 90 polls, where Trump is currently polling at an average of 43.1%. https://elections.huffingtonpost.com/po ... b-approval. In all 3 polls of polls Trumps has the least approval of American presidents since polling began, with the exception of Jimmy Carter.

c) Please provide a source for the second quarter for the NYT subscriptions, which, as it isn't over yet is going to be fun. Also a source for your statement: [quote="Disco Boy"]the New York Times' CEO just admitted that their publication is bias and consequently, they've also lost business since the Mueller Report was released in April.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 32527
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
Image

President Trump doesn't have the gravitas for solemn occasions.....

_________________
hey punk, what are you doing with the constitution in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:08 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 1994
did you know he is talking of leaving me for Britney :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:11 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 1994
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Image


That's going up in the Billiard room :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5371
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
a) There might be very many other conservatives on this board. I haven't seen them supporting your views on this thread. And you don't give the impression of a swell of enormous support for yourself.


The point is that there ARE more conservatives here than just pedro1 and myself.

Caputh wrote:
b) That isn't just one poll. It's an average of "almost all" polls.
Similar sites are e.g. Real Clear Politics, where Trump is currently at an average of 44.1% in the poll of polls https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html and the Huffington Post's Poll of 90 polls, where Trump is currently polling at an average of 43.1%. https://elections.huffingtonpost.com/po ... b-approval. In all 3 polls of polls Trumps has the least approval of American presidents since polling began, with the exception of Jimmy Carter.


There is NO such thing as an average of "almost all" polls. In fact, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, especially since poll #s sometimes change HOURLY.

Caputh wrote:
c) Please provide a source for the second quarter for the NYT subscriptions, which, as it isn't over yet is going to be fun. Also a source for your statement:
Disco Boy wrote:
the New York Times' CEO just admitted that their publication is bias and consequently, they've also lost business since the Mueller Report was released in April.


Of course the 2nd quarter isn't over yet, but anyone with a brain knows FAKE NEWS has lost a SHITLOAD of business since the Mueller Report was released in April.

And lastly, I already gave you an entire search engine page of sources PROVING the NYT has admitted their Trump bias (regardless if the current CEO didn't technically state that). :roll:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Last edited by Disco Boy on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 32527
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
Image

_________________
hey punk, what are you doing with the constitution in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5371
Location: Vancouver, BC
Now, back to reality...


https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/su ... month-2018



BLS: 164,000 Average Monthly Job Gains So Far in 2019 vs. 223,000/Month in 2018

By Susan Jones | June 7, 2019 | 8:52 AM EDT


(CNSNews.com) - Total nonfarm payroll employment edged up by 75,000 in May, below expectations, and the unemployment rate remained at its 50-year low of 3.6 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Friday.

The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for March was revised down from +189,000 to +153,000, and the change for April was revised down from +263,000 to +224,000. With those revisions, employment gains in March and April combined were 75,000 less than previously reported.

After revisions, job gains have averaged 151,000 per month over the last 3 months.

BLS noted that monthly job gains have averaged 164,000 so far in 2019, compared with an average gain of 223,000 per month in 2018. In May, employment continued to trend up in professional and business services and in health care.

The number of employed Americans, which has set 18 records so far in the Trump presidency, increased by 113,000 month-to-month, totaling 156,758,000 in May. That's slightly below the record 156,949,000 most recently set in February.

The number of unemployed Americans, which reached a 19-year low in April, increased by 64,000 to 5,888,000 last month.

In May, the nation’s civilian noninstitutionalized population, consisting of all people age 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 258,861,000. Of those, 162,646,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.

The 162,646,000 who participated in the labor force equaled 62.8 percent of the 258,861,000 civilian noninstitutionalized population. That's the same as last month's number.

Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men (3.3 percent), adult women (3.2 percent), teenagers (12.7 percent),Whites (3.3 percent), Blacks (6.2 percent), Asians (2.5 percent), and Hispanics (4.2 percent) showed little or no change in May.

In May, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls increased by 6 cents to $27.83. Over the year, average hourly earnings have increased by 3.1 percent.

'U.S. economy is in a good place'

"Midway through the second quarter of 2019, the U.S. economy is in a good place," Federal Reserve Vice Chair Richard Clarida said in a speech on May 30.

"Over the past four quarters, gross domestic product (GDP) growth has averaged 3.2 percent, which compares with an average growth rate of 2.3 percent since the recovery began in the summer of 2009."

Clarida noted that in July, the current U.S. economic expansion would become the longest on record.

Average monthly job gains, according to Clarida, have continued to outpace the increases needed to provide jobs for people entering the labor force. And he said wages have been rising.

This week, the Federal Reserve released its Beige Book, a summary of current economic conditions across the 12 Federal Reserve Districts.

The Beige Book noted that employment has continued to increase nationwide. While there was "solid hiring demand" for retail, business services, technical, manufacturing, and construction jobs, and by staffing agencies in general, that stronger employment growth "continued to be constrained by labor markets, with Districts citing shortages of both high- and low-skill workers."

The recent uncertainty over tariffs and trade is expected to be a factor in the months ahead, as some businesses are expressing concern about the effect on their bottom lines.

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5371
Location: Vancouver, BC
Now, here's yet another dose of reality:


2017-2019 Trump Administration Accomplishments (UPDATED):


~ over 65% of his 8 year agenda already accomplished
~ over $12 Trillion in wealth created
~ best job #s in quantity EVER (as of May 2019, 156.748 million employed) - has broken FIFTEEN job creation quantity records
~ at FULL employment (meaning, there are more jobs available than people looking for them) for the first time EVER and for 13 months straight
~ more positively consistent monthly labor force participation rates (as of May 2019, 62.8%) than most months Obama was in office
~ 2018 saw over 3.1% GDP growth
~ 2019 Q1 saw 3.2% GDP growth (the highest in 4 years), despite the month-long Government shutdown in January
~ the largest tax cut bill (individual and corporate rates) in nearly 30 years - and as a result, 250+ companies have given 6 million employees over $1 BILLION in bonuses, including $100-200 million dollar bonuses (or the equivalent in stock options) from Apple, Fiat Chrysler, AT&T, Comcast, Walmart, Home Depot, Waste Mgmt., etc.
~ as a result of the above, employee wages & average hourly earnings, have increased 3.2% & 3.4% over the past year
~ Obamacare mandate repealed, giving free choice to consumers, instead of being financially penalized for not conforming to the plan
~ consumer confidence the highest it's been in 18 years
~ highest stock market performance EVER (currently, the DOW is nearly 26,000)
~ lowest unemployment rate in five decades (as of May 2019, 3.6%)
~ lowest youth unemployment rate in nearly 30 years
~ one of the lowest female unemployment rates in decades (as of May 2019, 3.5%)
~ the lowest Hispanic unemployment rate EVER (as of May 2019, 4.2%)
~ one of the lowest African American unemployment rates EVER (as of May 2019, 6.2%)
~ one of the lowest Asian unemployment rate EVER (as of May 2019, 2.5%)
~ over 5.5 million jobs created since the 2016 Presidential election
~ highest Homeownership rate in 5 years
~ highest African American homeownership rate EVER
~ lowest unemployment rates EVER in 14 states
~ over 900 job-killing regulations eradicated
~ the US is now the world's #1 oil and energy producer
~ food stamp recipients at a several year low (5.5 million+ less people receiving them)
~ the Trump wall has officially commenced building, with over 115 miles completed
~ less illegals crossing the US/Mexican border already, even without a fully completed Trump wall
~ a 58% increase in coal exports in the 1st quarter of 2017
~ an infrastructure bill (that includes eliminating wait times for large building permits/licenses and related regulations of up to 17 years down to 2 years)
~ a veterans' health care bill (that transfers almost all power to veterans, who then can fire their health care provider if they don't match their expectations)
~ dozens of legislative & executive orders
~ ALL of ISIS have been eradicated from Syria & while nearly all of ISIS have been eradicated from Iraq
~ successfully aided in forcing Kim Jong-un to suspend nuke testing and has essentially ended (or at the very least, temporarily ended) the Korean War - deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize
~ successfully made Kim Jong-un return 55 sets of US soldier remains from the 1950's Korean War
~ after unfulfilled promises by Clinton, Bush Jnr. & Obama to make Jerusalem the capital of Israel and move the embassy there, Trump promises to do it and DOES it
~ the United States/Mexico/Canada Act (USMCA), replacing the horror that was NAFTA
~ new Supreme Court Justice, Judge Kavanaugh
~ trade tariffs implemented in China, Europe, Canada, etc., thus successfully forcing these countries/continents to stop over-charging the US on imported goods & services
~ NATO are now paying the majority of their own bills, and are no longer taking advantage of the US, who were paying 70-80% of their total beforehand

Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Melania Trump and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group