Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465 ... 611  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 37873
Location: >>==> Wellington, New Zealand.
Image

President Trump doesn't have the gravitas for solemn occasions.....

_________________
hey punk where you goin' with no mask on your face.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 3842
did you know he is talking of leaving me for Britney :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 3842
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Image


That's going up in the Billiard room :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
a) There might be very many other conservatives on this board. I haven't seen them supporting your views on this thread. And you don't give the impression of a swell of enormous support for yourself.


The point is that there ARE more conservatives here than just pedro1 and myself.

Caputh wrote:
b) That isn't just one poll. It's an average of "almost all" polls.
Similar sites are e.g. Real Clear Politics, where Trump is currently at an average of 44.1% in the poll of polls https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html and the Huffington Post's Poll of 90 polls, where Trump is currently polling at an average of 43.1%. https://elections.huffingtonpost.com/po ... b-approval. In all 3 polls of polls Trumps has the least approval of American presidents since polling began, with the exception of Jimmy Carter.


There is NO such thing as an average of "almost all" polls. In fact, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, especially since poll #s sometimes change HOURLY.

Caputh wrote:
c) Please provide a source for the second quarter for the NYT subscriptions, which, as it isn't over yet is going to be fun. Also a source for your statement:
Disco Boy wrote:
the New York Times' CEO just admitted that their publication is bias and consequently, they've also lost business since the Mueller Report was released in April.


Of course the 2nd quarter isn't over yet, but anyone with a brain knows FAKE NEWS has lost a SHITLOAD of business since the Mueller Report was released in April.

And lastly, I already gave you an entire search engine page of sources PROVING the NYT has admitted their Trump bias (regardless if the current CEO didn't technically state that). :roll:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Last edited by Disco Boy on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 37873
Location: >>==> Wellington, New Zealand.
Image

_________________
hey punk where you goin' with no mask on your face.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
Now, back to reality...


https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/su ... month-2018



BLS: 164,000 Average Monthly Job Gains So Far in 2019 vs. 223,000/Month in 2018

By Susan Jones | June 7, 2019 | 8:52 AM EDT


(CNSNews.com) - Total nonfarm payroll employment edged up by 75,000 in May, below expectations, and the unemployment rate remained at its 50-year low of 3.6 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Friday.

The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for March was revised down from +189,000 to +153,000, and the change for April was revised down from +263,000 to +224,000. With those revisions, employment gains in March and April combined were 75,000 less than previously reported.

After revisions, job gains have averaged 151,000 per month over the last 3 months.

BLS noted that monthly job gains have averaged 164,000 so far in 2019, compared with an average gain of 223,000 per month in 2018. In May, employment continued to trend up in professional and business services and in health care.

The number of employed Americans, which has set 18 records so far in the Trump presidency, increased by 113,000 month-to-month, totaling 156,758,000 in May. That's slightly below the record 156,949,000 most recently set in February.

The number of unemployed Americans, which reached a 19-year low in April, increased by 64,000 to 5,888,000 last month.

In May, the nation’s civilian noninstitutionalized population, consisting of all people age 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 258,861,000. Of those, 162,646,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.

The 162,646,000 who participated in the labor force equaled 62.8 percent of the 258,861,000 civilian noninstitutionalized population. That's the same as last month's number.

Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men (3.3 percent), adult women (3.2 percent), teenagers (12.7 percent),Whites (3.3 percent), Blacks (6.2 percent), Asians (2.5 percent), and Hispanics (4.2 percent) showed little or no change in May.

In May, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls increased by 6 cents to $27.83. Over the year, average hourly earnings have increased by 3.1 percent.

'U.S. economy is in a good place'

"Midway through the second quarter of 2019, the U.S. economy is in a good place," Federal Reserve Vice Chair Richard Clarida said in a speech on May 30.

"Over the past four quarters, gross domestic product (GDP) growth has averaged 3.2 percent, which compares with an average growth rate of 2.3 percent since the recovery began in the summer of 2009."

Clarida noted that in July, the current U.S. economic expansion would become the longest on record.

Average monthly job gains, according to Clarida, have continued to outpace the increases needed to provide jobs for people entering the labor force. And he said wages have been rising.

This week, the Federal Reserve released its Beige Book, a summary of current economic conditions across the 12 Federal Reserve Districts.

The Beige Book noted that employment has continued to increase nationwide. While there was "solid hiring demand" for retail, business services, technical, manufacturing, and construction jobs, and by staffing agencies in general, that stronger employment growth "continued to be constrained by labor markets, with Districts citing shortages of both high- and low-skill workers."

The recent uncertainty over tariffs and trade is expected to be a factor in the months ahead, as some businesses are expressing concern about the effect on their bottom lines.

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
Now, here's yet another dose of reality:


2017-2019 Trump Administration Accomplishments (UPDATED):


~ over 65% of his 8 year agenda already accomplished
~ over $12 Trillion in wealth created
~ best job #s in quantity EVER (as of May 2019, 156.748 million employed) - has broken FIFTEEN job creation quantity records
~ at FULL employment (meaning, there are more jobs available than people looking for them) for the first time EVER and for 13 months straight
~ more positively consistent monthly labor force participation rates (as of May 2019, 62.8%) than most months Obama was in office
~ 2018 saw over 3.1% GDP growth
~ 2019 Q1 saw 3.2% GDP growth (the highest in 4 years), despite the month-long Government shutdown in January
~ the largest tax cut bill (individual and corporate rates) in nearly 30 years - and as a result, 250+ companies have given 6 million employees over $1 BILLION in bonuses, including $100-200 million dollar bonuses (or the equivalent in stock options) from Apple, Fiat Chrysler, AT&T, Comcast, Walmart, Home Depot, Waste Mgmt., etc.
~ as a result of the above, employee wages & average hourly earnings, have increased 3.2% & 3.4% over the past year
~ Obamacare mandate repealed, giving free choice to consumers, instead of being financially penalized for not conforming to the plan
~ consumer confidence the highest it's been in 18 years
~ highest stock market performance EVER (currently, the DOW is nearly 26,000)
~ lowest unemployment rate in five decades (as of May 2019, 3.6%)
~ lowest youth unemployment rate in nearly 30 years
~ one of the lowest female unemployment rates in decades (as of May 2019, 3.5%)
~ the lowest Hispanic unemployment rate EVER (as of May 2019, 4.2%)
~ one of the lowest African American unemployment rates EVER (as of May 2019, 6.2%)
~ one of the lowest Asian unemployment rate EVER (as of May 2019, 2.5%)
~ over 5.5 million jobs created since the 2016 Presidential election
~ highest Homeownership rate in 5 years
~ highest African American homeownership rate EVER
~ lowest unemployment rates EVER in 14 states
~ over 900 job-killing regulations eradicated
~ the US is now the world's #1 oil and energy producer
~ food stamp recipients at a several year low (5.5 million+ less people receiving them)
~ the Trump wall has officially commenced building, with over 115 miles completed
~ less illegals crossing the US/Mexican border already, even without a fully completed Trump wall
~ a 58% increase in coal exports in the 1st quarter of 2017
~ an infrastructure bill (that includes eliminating wait times for large building permits/licenses and related regulations of up to 17 years down to 2 years)
~ a veterans' health care bill (that transfers almost all power to veterans, who then can fire their health care provider if they don't match their expectations)
~ dozens of legislative & executive orders
~ ALL of ISIS have been eradicated from Syria & while nearly all of ISIS have been eradicated from Iraq
~ successfully aided in forcing Kim Jong-un to suspend nuke testing and has essentially ended (or at the very least, temporarily ended) the Korean War - deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize
~ successfully made Kim Jong-un return 55 sets of US soldier remains from the 1950's Korean War
~ after unfulfilled promises by Clinton, Bush Jnr. & Obama to make Jerusalem the capital of Israel and move the embassy there, Trump promises to do it and DOES it
~ the United States/Mexico/Canada Act (USMCA), replacing the horror that was NAFTA
~ new Supreme Court Justice, Judge Kavanaugh
~ trade tariffs implemented in China, Europe, Canada, etc., thus successfully forcing these countries/continents to stop over-charging the US on imported goods & services
~ NATO are now paying the majority of their own bills, and are no longer taking advantage of the US, who were paying 70-80% of their total beforehand

Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 7777
Location: Over there! (last)
Adam Zyglis
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 37873
Location: >>==> Wellington, New Zealand.
Image

_________________
hey punk where you goin' with no mask on your face.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 3842
Goodness, I'm blushing now :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 37873
Location: >>==> Wellington, New Zealand.
Thought you'd like that.....

_________________
hey punk where you goin' with no mask on your face.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7804
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:

The point is that there ARE more conservatives here than just pedro1 and myself.


No, the point is that neither conservatives nor liberals, with the possible exception of pedro1, posts things that are in agreement with your views on this thread. You were the lone crusader battling the IQ challenged Z forum, according to you. But you've obviously decided to start disagreeing with yourself, as otherwise the logic of your argument that declining popularity indicates mendacity falls apart.



Disco Boy wrote:
There is NO such thing as an average of "almost all" polls. In fact, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, especially since poll #s sometimes change HOURLY.


It works this way, DB - they update the polling figures sometimes more than once a day. :smurf: It's in the title at Five Thirty Eight: "An updating calculation of the president's approval rating, accounting for each poll's quality, recency, sample size and partisan lean." https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/
The opinion pollsters consulted by Five Thirty Eight, many of them more than once, since May 14th are: Rasmussen Reports, Harris X, YouGov, Ipsos, Marist College, Morning Consult, CNN/SSRS, Harris Interactive, Gallup, American Research Group, CBS News, Ipsos, Monmouth University, Quinnipiac University, FOX News. Thus, they arrive at an approval rating for Trump of 41.6% as of today.

Real Clear Politics has polls from Rasmussen Reports, Economist/YouGov, NPR/PBS/Marist, Politico/Morning Consult, Reuters/Ipsos, Harvard-Harris, CNN, Economist/YouGov, The Hill/HarrisX, CNBC, Gallup, Economist/YouGov, CBS News, Monmouth, Quinnipiac, FOX News, Emerson a number of them more than once since the 14th of May. They arrive at an average approval rating for Trump of 44.3% as of the 6th of June. They call this the "RCP average". https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html

Perhaps you could tell me the pro-Trump pollsters they are both ignoring?



Disco Boy wrote:
Of course the 2nd quarter isn't over yet, but anyone with a brain knows FAKE NEWS has lost a SHITLOAD of business since the Mueller Report was released in April.

And lastly, I already gave you an entire search engine page of sources PROVING the NYT has admitted their Trump bias (regardless if the current CEO didn't technically state that). :roll:


So how do you know that the NYT has lost "a shitload of business"? Instinct? So the CEO didn't "technically" state that the NYT is biased against Trump? How did he "untechnically" state it, then?

In your search engine list, the first article states..."Overall, we rate the New York Times Left-Center biased based on word and story selection that moderately favors the left, but highly factual and considered one of the most reliable sources for information due to proper sourcing and well respected journalists/editors."
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/

The second article is about a former executive of the NYT who claims that the NYT has an anti-Trump bias, but...
"Given its mostly liberal audience, there was an implicit financial reward for the Times in running lots of Trump stories, almost all of them negative: they drove big traffic numbers and, despite the blip of cancellations after the election, inflated subscription orders to levels no one anticipated.”
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/01/02 ... ney-709134
This doesn't really prove your point that if anti-Trump news is published or broadcasted, revenues or viewing figures of the publishers/broadcasters will go down, because the public will recognize that they are publishing what you call "Fake News", as exactly the opposite appears to be the case.

The third article contains only a video which won't play and is from "Patriots for Truth". It does, however, contain a list of "traitors" e.g. Jeff Sessions, the Queen and the Pope.
https://patriots4truth.org/2019/01/13/n ... nst-trump/

I got bored after that. You do know that posting a search list entitled: "new york times admits Trump bias 2019" on bing is not really providing anyone with any concrete evidence of anything?

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
The point is that there ARE more conservatives here than just pedro1 and myself.


No, the point is that neither conservatives nor liberals, with the possible exception of pedro1, posts things that are in agreement with your views on this thread. You were the lone crusader battling the IQ challenged Z forum, according to you. But you've obviously decided to start disagreeing with yourself, as otherwise the logic of your argument that declining popularity indicates mendacity falls apart.


No, that is YOUR point, not mine. And it's not an accurate one, since other posters like BRAVO and jaypfunk, etc., have posted similar articles, stats, etc. :roll:

Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
There is NO such thing as an average of "almost all" polls. In fact, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, especially since poll #s sometimes change HOURLY.


It works this way, DB - they update the polling figures sometimes more than once a day. :smurf: It's in the title at Five Thirty Eight: "An updating calculation of the president's approval rating, accounting for each poll's quality, recency, sample size and partisan lean." https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/
The opinion pollsters consulted by Five Thirty Eight, many of them more than once, since May 14th are: Rasmussen Reports, Harris X, YouGov, Ipsos, Marist College, Morning Consult, CNN/SSRS, Harris Interactive, Gallup, American Research Group, CBS News, Ipsos, Monmouth University, Quinnipiac University, FOX News. Thus, they arrive at an approval rating for Trump of 41.6% as of today.

Real Clear Politics has polls from Rasmussen Reports, Economist/YouGov, NPR/PBS/Marist, Politico/Morning Consult, Reuters/Ipsos, Harvard-Harris, CNN, Economist/YouGov, The Hill/HarrisX, CNBC, Gallup, Economist/YouGov, CBS News, Monmouth, Quinnipiac, FOX News, Emerson a number of them more than once since the 14th of May. They arrive at an average approval rating for Trump of 44.3% as of the 6th of June. They call this the "RCP average". https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html

Perhaps you could tell me the pro-Trump pollsters they are both ignoring?


Again, you're TOTALLY missing the point. Which is, that it's not even possible to compile the total amount of active polls, like your link does, nor rely on them, especially since, a) there are THOUSANDS of polls, b) they sometimes change HOURLY, c) the sample rates aren't necessarily large or accurate and d) over 90% of all media are liberal and bias. If all poll #s were accurate, Hillary would be President right now... :roll:

Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Of course the 2nd quarter isn't over yet, but anyone with a brain knows FAKE NEWS has lost a SHITLOAD of business since the Mueller Report was released in April.

And lastly, I already gave you an entire search engine page of sources PROVING the NYT has admitted their Trump bias (regardless if the current CEO didn't technically state that). :roll:


So how do you know that the NYT has lost "a shitload of business"? Instinct? So the CEO didn't "technically" state that the NYT is biased against Trump? How did he "untechnically" state it, then?

In your search engine list, the first article states..."Overall, we rate the New York Times Left-Center biased based on word and story selection that moderately favors the left, but highly factual and considered one of the most reliable sources for information due to proper sourcing and well respected journalists/editors."
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/

The second article is about a former executive of the NYT who claims that the NYT has an anti-Trump bias, but...
"Given its mostly liberal audience, there was an implicit financial reward for the Times in running lots of Trump stories, almost all of them negative: they drove big traffic numbers and, despite the blip of cancellations after the election, inflated subscription orders to levels no one anticipated.”
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/01/02 ... ney-709134
This doesn't really prove your point that if anti-Trump news is published or broadcasted, revenues or viewing figures of the publishers/broadcasters will go down, because the public will recognize that they are publishing what you call "Fake News", as exactly the opposite appears to be the case.

The third article contains only a video which won't play and is from "Patriots for Truth". It does, however, contain a list of "traitors" e.g. Jeff Sessions, the Queen and the Pope.
https://patriots4truth.org/2019/01/13/n ... nst-trump/

I got bored after that. You do know that posting a search list entitled: "new york times admits Trump bias 2019" on bing is not really providing anyone with any concrete evidence of anything?


Are you fucking serious?!

EVERY liberal media source has lost $$$ (some more than others) since the Mueller report was released in April. Look at their ratings.

And there is PLENTY of concrete evidence supporting and PROVING an anti-Trump bias prevalent throughout liberal media (aka, FAKE NEWS), especially since there are even more links than that. Several pages worth, in fact. And of course, the Trump/Russian collusion HOAX, is the most egregious of all UNPROVEN stories.

It's absolutely absurd that you're actually trying to deny liberal media isn't bias?! :roll:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 3842
I like Mexihicans, they piss best than Donald can and they got real hands and a big normal Dick :smoke:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 614
Location: USA
Humor on that very topic
https://karireport.blogspot.com/2019/02 ... g.html?m=1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 11233
^^
^^
^^
The fact that DB willingly hops in bed with BRAVO and especially jaypfunk is enough to make me throw up (or laugh) though by no means is it surprising. Jaypfunk is no longer a member of the forum as I recall because he couldn’t behave himself because of his uncontrollable racist and homophobic tendencies. I hope BRAVO is ok as we haven’t heard from him in some time either. I remember he was having some health problems. Before he disappeared he just seemed like a bitter old man. It seems it’s just DB and Pedro left to carry on the cause. A sad little club.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: disco boy and pedro
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 8160
Location: exile
KUIII wrote:
It seems it’s just DB and Pedro left to carry on the cause. A sad little club.
very sad indeed. and kinda desperate too. 8)

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6799
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
It won't make me cry.
:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 37873
Location: >>==> Wellington, New Zealand.
I have it on good authority "the little club" is Melania's pet name for Donald's penile protuberance.....

_________________
hey punk where you goin' with no mask on your face.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7804
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:

No, that is YOUR point, not mine. And it's not an accurate one, since other posters like BRAVO and jaypfunk, etc., have posted similar articles, stats, etc. :roll:


Ah, so that would be the jaypfunk, who previously referred to you as a...
jaypfunk wrote:
retard

jaypfunk wrote:
fanboy douche

jaypfunk wrote:
Disco Douche [who] couldn't get any stupider

jaypfunk wrote:
idiot

...and then went into a racist, homophobic, Trumpophile meltdown in which you joined? That jaypfunk? Or another jaypfunk? If the former, you might not have noticed, but he's been banned.

And BRAVO? His last post on this thread was on August 1. 2018. I sincerely hope he's doing OK, but I haven't seen him leaping to your defence recently.

Disco Boy wrote:
Again, you're TOTALLY missing the point. Which is, that it's not even possible to compile the total amount of active polls, like your link does, nor rely on them, especially since, a) there are THOUSANDS of polls, b) they sometimes change HOURLY, c) the sample rates aren't necessarily large or accurate and d) over 90% of all media are liberal and bias. If all poll #s were accurate, Hillary would be President right now... :roll:


There is, in fact, only one daily nationally recognized poll of Presidential approval ratings - the Trump friendly Rasmussen Reports. "Now that Gallup has quit the field, Rasmussen Reports is the only nationally recognized public opinion firm that still tracks President Trump's job approval ratings on a daily basis." http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... rack_jun07. They consistently put Trump's approval ratings higher than other polls. Thus, at the moment, they give the highest possible approval rating for Trump at this point in time of his presidency at 48%. In comparison, Obama was at 49%, according to Rasmussen. Thus, even in the most favourable poll for Trump, Obama is currently 1% more believable, according to your logic.

Five Thirty Eight describes in detail their methodology in collating and weighting such polls. They give more weight to greater sample size, previous accuracy and then give it a grade. Thus Rasmussen Reports, gets a grade of only C+ as they poll daily (giving their polls disproportionate weight), they don't allow the answer "don't know" and they completely fucked up in their polling for the House elections last time. FOX, on the other hand, gets an A.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... l-ratings/

Your original claim was...
Disco Boy wrote:
There is NO such thing as an average of "almost all" polls

I have now given you two examples of exactly such averages. Could you point out the active national polling companies that Five Thirty Eight and Real Clear Politics are not consulting?

Disco Boy wrote:
Are you fucking serious?!

EVERY liberal media source has lost $$$ (some more than others) since the Mueller report was released in April. Look at their ratings.

And there is PLENTY of concrete evidence supporting and PROVING an anti-Trump bias prevalent throughout liberal media (aka, FAKE NEWS), especially since there are even more links than that. Several pages worth, in fact. And of course, the Trump/Russian collusion HOAX, is the most egregious of all UNPROVEN stories.

It's absolutely absurd that you're actually trying to deny liberal media isn't bias?!


I was referring specifically to the NYT. You then made the claim that they had lost subscriptions since the Mueller Report and that a nameless CEO had confirmed that this was a result of their bias, but were then absolutely unable to provide any proof for the truth of either statement. Instead, you provided a list of search engine results, the first three of which I consulted. The first result on your list (and remember - it's your list not mine), seemingly refutes the point you made about liberal media bias. Thus, I am not necessarily denying liberal media bias in this context, the very first source on your search engine results is. The second result seemingly refutes your claim that the NYT has lost subscriptions as a result of anti-Trump bias, as the ex-executive quoted says exactly the opposite is the case. The third result accuses the Queen and the Pope of being traitors.
My point is that your search engine results provide no useful proof, at least in the first three results, for what you were originally claiming, in fact they are totally counterproductive to your argument. Now, I'm sure that somewhere in the internet there might be information that might support some or all of your contentions. You have yet to provide accurate links to them, however and thus have, once again, argued purely by assertion.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6799
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
I imagine DB pulling out his hair and panicking each time Caputh demolishes his misleading arguments.
Unconsciously or not, DB really thinks we're a bunch of gullible imbeciles.
I couldn't thank enough Caputh for the work done and time spent to twart the plans of that Trump's damned soul.
I lost patience long ago. Couldn't stand that illogical irrational stubbornness anymore.

Yeah I imagine DB going crazy at every Caputh's post.
And robbing the FOX web site and others Right-Wing facist medias of every ounce of partisan lying and half-truth he can find.
At best, a misguided puppet, at worst, a complete moron.
Either case, he's bad company in a wrong crowd.

:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7804
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Thank you for your kind words, Mij. In some ways, communicating with DB is rather like I imagine communicating with Trump is; there is the same tendency to extravagant statements that have little or no evidential foundation, the same erroneous belief in the power of repetition, the same wildly contradictory counter arguments, the same attempts to ignore reality even though the counter evidence is staring you in the face, the attempts to bury previous statements are also similar and the final resort is always personal invective. The mysterious thing is that he perfected this "technique" long before Trump's rise. Maybe Trump has been following DB rather than the other way around? Still it seems to work on over 40 per cent of Americans. DB's problem is that it doesn't seem to work particularly well here. I wonder why.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 7777
Location: Over there! (last)
Caputh wrote:
Maybe Trump has been following DB rather than the other way around?
. . . or, perhaps, DB has been following jaypfunk, who has been following Rush Limbaugh . . . 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7804
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
So Limbaugh + jaypfunk + DB = Trump? :D

(Mind you, he'd probably take that as a compliment.)

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6799
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
Caputh wrote:
Thank you for your kind words, Mij. In some ways, communicating with DB is rather like I imagine communicating with Trump is; there is the same tendency to extravagant statements that have little or no evidential foundation, the same erroneous belief in the power of repetition, the same wildly contradictory counter arguments, the same attempts to ignore reality even though the counter evidence is staring you in the face, the attempts to bury previous statements are also similar and the final resort is always personal invective. The mysterious thing is that he perfected this "technique" long before Trump's rise. Maybe Trump has been following DB rather than the other way around? Still it seems to work on over 40 per cent of Americans. DB's problem is that it doesn't seem to work particularly well here. I wonder why.

The saddest thing is that DB will read your post and won't understand what you're talking about. But the rest of us do.
Guys like DB in this world is "d'une infinie tristesse"(unspeakable/infinite sorrow).
Only one life and having to deal with them, trying to teach them a thing or two, in vain.
There's a huge difference between being right or wanting to be right.
The seconds don't care about what's true.
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465 ... 611  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group