Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 253  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 am 

Plook wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Plook wrote:
Cheeto Jr testifies that meeting with Russians was to get information on Clinton...crime 1 check collusion

So... if you had a Russian neighbour, and he was the only one with info on who keyed your car, you would rather not know?

It is illegal to collude with a foreign country in an US election...ignorance of the law is no excuse, except the some people who attended that meeting did and/or should have known that if Jr didn't... :idea:

Even worse the staff aboard air force 1 when Sr wrote the false narrative of that meeting all knew that what was happening was obstruction of justice...Kelley Anne and the rest are being subpoenaed to testify, they all need lawyers... :idea:

For me, I do think there is a slight difference between talking to a Russian friend about something that affected you personally adversely and attempting to gather negative information about an opposing presidential candidate so that your father will have better chances in the next election i.e. Hillary did not "key" Trump's car: Donald Trump jr. wanted to find out if she had shat in public and then use that information to help daddy. To provide evidence for this, he sought out a source that has shat in a lot of public places and was frightened of the competition.

“To the extent they had information concerning the fitness, character or qualifications of a presidential candidate, I believed that I should at least hear them out.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:07 am 

Still sounds like racism against Russians to me. Just 'cause we hate 'em, doesn't mean nothing they have to say is true. Even the Devil mixes truth in with his lies, to confound us.
Hear them out, then decide on what they say.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:18 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Still sounds like racism against Russians to me.
Russians are not a "race" of people. Discrimination, perhaps? 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:35 am 

I don't hate Russians. In fact, I find the Russians perspective easy to understand. They liked one candidate and they disliked the other.

However, Trump jr. went to a source he knew was connected to the Russian government, in the hope that it would have information (he didn't even know what information) that would help denigrate his father's opponent and thus help him to win the election. In America and in most countries this kind of counts as treason i.e. you are colluding with a foreign power to change things within your own country with their help.

I have enough problems believing in the existence of God, let al0one the Devil - but perhaps that's just me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:37 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Meanwhile, in Tecate:

That kid has got freakishly big hands! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:55 pm 

Caputh wrote:
I don't hate Russians. In fact, I find the Russians perspective easy to understand. They liked one candidate and they disliked the other.

However, Trump jr. went to a source he knew was connected to the Russian government, in the hope that it would have information (he didn't even know what information) that would help denigrate his father's opponent and thus help him to win the election. In America and in most countries this kind of counts as treason i.e. you are colluding with a foreign power to change things within your own country with their help.

I have enough problems believing in the existence of God, let al0one the Devil - but perhaps that's just me.

I have to guess that you think that when the other candidate was running around the world collecting ' donations ' from foreign leaders, it was ok ??

Kinda strange that those ' donations ' have dried up by about 87% since she lost.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:00 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Still sounds like racism against Russians to me. Just 'cause we hate 'em, doesn't mean nothing they have to say is true. Even the Devil mixes truth in with his lies, to confound us.
Hear them out, then decide on what they say.

Holy crap what part of it's illegal to collude with a foreign government in an election did you miss... :?

Secondly when they finish connecting the dots (which is outlined in the dossier from the MI6 agent...which seems to be proving 100% true except for maybe the pee thing) you will find in that meeting the Russians gave the Trump team a thumb drive with hacked documents from the DNC, that the Trump team delivered to Wikileaks, that they released, that were then weaponized by a team of hundreds of Russian paid hackers who created tens of thousands of robot identities that spread fake news stories all over the internet including fake facebook pages that totaled in the thousands , that eventually gave credence to stories that were based on such a sliver of truth that they were actually 95% crap, but it was just enough to tip 80,000 votes in 3 states to get you a cheeto who lost by 3 million votes elected... :!:

So ya that kinda shit matters... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:40 pm 

Plook wrote:
Holy crap what part of it's illegal to collude with a foreign government in an election did you miss... :?

Collude = come to a secret understanding.
From what I've heard, he listened, but didn't agree to do anything.

Plook wrote:
Secondly when they finish connecting the dots

Good idea. Wait until they finish, and can change "seems to prove" into an actual fact.

It still sounds like you'd rather not know something that might be wrong with Clinton's behavior, if the source is someone you don't like.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I guess if yer just gonna copy me, I'll have to remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanx!

Caputh wrote:
^^^^^^
But give him credit - he did use :D instead of his usual :roll:.

Translation:

We've still got NOTHING.

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:15 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I guess if yer just gonna copy me, I'll have to remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanx!

Caputh wrote:
^^^^^^
But give him credit - he did use :D instead of his usual :roll:.

Translation:

We've still got NOTHING.

No, we've got YOU; which is slightly more than NOTHING, but not much more than :roll: at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:21 am 

JPD - I don't have to succeed in my collusion in order for it to be collusion.

Pedro - I didn't mention Hillary because we were talking about Trump. But, if she received money from foreign powers on the understanding she would do them favours, then that also is collusion. And would seem to be equally illegal. However, you seem to be indicating that if Hillary did it, then Trump can do it, too. That is rather like saying that if one man commits rape then every man commit rape, imo.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:23 am 

Sorry , Cap , I'm NOT suggesting that it's ok for anybody to do it.
What I AM saying is this.

There is probably more truth in the fact that HRC did , indeed , collude with other gov'ts in order to curry favor than there is proof that Trump did.
Seems people like you and Plook have been running around for over a year trying to find something and you can't.
If you dug into HRC and her corrupt machine , you would find it but that's not the result you want to find.

Some on here suggested that you can't be a Trump fan and a FZ fan at the same time , or something like that.

Frank was not a R & R star in the normal sense of the phrase.
Trump was not a politician in the normal sense of the word.
FZ was a businessman that did things his way.
Trump was mostly the same.
FZ ran his life without beholding to anybody else for the most part.
FZ hated the red tape he had to muddle through to get things done.

Now if you look at HRC and her machine , none of that rings true.
She was more like the Monkees.
Made up , fake and dependent on others for her success.

If one side can't find shit after more than a year , it's probably time to give it up.
That shit's more than 2 tours old.
Got anything new besides a sack full of papers from a paid stooge by the DNC that has proven to be false ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 am 

The compariosns between Frank and Trump are simply irrelevant.
Based on what Frank wrote and sang, he would have bashed Trump so hard, you wouldn't even be tempted to even try to
put Frank and Trump in the same sentence.

And as far as we know, HC hasn't been proved guilty of anything, and this case is older than Trump's one.
There seem to be more "subtance" in the Trump's affair.

Anyway, that doesn't alter the fact that Trump is not fit for the job in so many ways.
Lucky for him he has something else to distract attention these days.
BTW, Bravo for life's little ironies. All these horrible storms happens in a country where the leader
doesn't believe in climatic change. Would he now ????

And just to make things clear (cause some here may want to distort my thoughts),
I don't find storms funny at all
and hope it will stop soon. I went to Florida some years ago and I liked it.
A lot of folks were friendly too when I was there with my family.
8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:48 am 

Your opinion
Mij wrote:
Anyway, that doesn't alter the fact that Trump is not fit for the job in so many ways.

Opinion , not fact.

Mij wrote:
Lucky for him he has something else to distract attention these days.
BTW, Bravo for life's little ironies. All these horrible storms happens in a country where the leader
doesn't believe in climatic change. Would he now ????

I assume you think Trump had something to do with the earthquake in Mexico as well ?

Statements like your's just make you look dumber than usual.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 am 

pedro1 wrote:

There is probably more truth in the fact that HRC did , indeed , collude with other gov'ts in order to curry favor than there is proof that Trump did.
Seems people like you and Plook have been running around for over a year trying to find something and you can't.
If you dug into HRC and her corrupt machine , you would find it but that's not the result you want to find.

Some on here suggested that you can't be a Trump fan and a FZ fan at the same time , or something like that.

If one side can't find shit after more than a year , it's probably time to give it up.
Got anything new besides a sack full of papers from a paid stooge by the DNC that has proven to be false ?

Well, I think there is quite a lot of evidence already that Trump did collude...
a) his son certainly had the intention to do so
b) his claim that he has never had business or indeed any contacts with Russia is manifestly untrue
c) there is a dossier on his contacts with Russia by MI6 which has yet to be disproved, or, indeed, fully published
d) he has either fired or attempted to put pressure on anybody investigating his contacts
e) he seems to be unusually chummy with Putin - why?
f) it has been proven that a number of members of his campaign had contacts with Russia that they were reluctant to declare.

I would have thought it important to at least allow an investigation into such contacts. IMHO as he won the election and is actually the President, perhaps the investigation should take the priority over an investigation of the losing candidate whose importance is entirerly theoretical today. Though, if the accusations are true, she should obviously be prosecuted.

I think one can expect this investigation to go on for rather a long time 'till we find out the whole truth- look how long Watergate took and how the information came out in little bits over a period of 2 years. Imagine how many people at the time, (Nixon included) were saying enough is enough during that time. The Trump investigation only really began in January.

BTW, I, like Frank, always liked the Monkees. He liked them so much that he appeared as a guest on their TV show and in the movie "Head", as well as offering Dolenz the drummer seat in the Mothers.

Also, I was just thinking that I could almost replace the word "Trump" with "Hitler" in your list above - not that I'm saying Trump is Hitler, of course, or that you can't be a fan of Trump and Zappa at the same time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:18 am 

Trump proved so many times that he's not fit for the job that only a die-hard fan would say otherwise.
It's not just an opinion.
Worldwide they came to the same conclusion.

I didn't say a word about Trump and Mexico.
I guess you can't read.
And you're desperate for an argument.
That makes YOU look dumber than you usualy are.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:53 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:50 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:05 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Trump

Caputh wrote:
Hitler

pedro1 wrote:
FZ

Mij wrote:
YOU

Trump, Hitler, FZ and YOU.

Ghost is pinch hitting for Mr Nice who is currently
Gray_Ghost wrote:
icing his balls. These cartoons don't seem to be changing any minds. In other words, they are doing their job maintaining the status quo. Good work Ghost/Mr Nice! The status quo must be maintained in order for you to continue your rabid consumerism unabated. Alice Cooper and DZ thank you.

As far as Trump groupies go...Nice, Ghost, Pedro, Mij, Caputh and Discoboy can't be beat. These guys are Trump's number one fans. They think about him everyday. Yet only two of them were eligible to vote in the election!! It's kinda fucked. But don't think too much about it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:32 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:54 pm 

Caputh wrote:
No, we've got YOU; which is slightly more than NOTHING, but not much more than :roll: at the moment.

You're actually keeping your BS to a minimum this time?! Well done! :D

pedro1 wrote:

BINGO!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:25 pm 

BINGO Pedro! Bingo!! It's almost as if you and DB are hanging out in the same Adult Care Facility together. Bingo! Potato wedges and chipped beef for dinner tonight.

Trump, Hitler, New Zealand, FZ, Clinton, Europe, Canada and YOU. Find out what it's all about right here on the Zappa board!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:42 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
BINGO Pedro! Bingo!! It's almost as if you and DB are hanging out in the same Adult Care Facility together. Bingo! Potato wedges and chipped beef for dinner tonight.

Trump, Hitler, New Zealand, FZ, Clinton, Europe, Canada and YOU. Find out what it's all about right here on the Zappa board!

NEWS FLASH

the cow escaped, the chipped beef is off, tonight it's pulled pork

here for the laughs since 2ōō5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:52 pm 

Bingo at BUPA.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:29 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:

You blow me away , Downer.
How anybody can't be in awe from your multiverse of wisdom and knowledge , well , it's beyond me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 253  Next