Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:54 pm 

Rick McKee

Pat Bagley

Steve Breen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:17 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Rick McKee

Pat Bagley

Steve Breen

fuckin funny :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:37 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Thanks for proving my point for me...

Delighted that you think I have been of service to you.

I'm delighted that you HAVE been of service to me.

Ecstatic that you are delighted.

Hope the following "misquote" makes you even happier...

"I was contacted by the Libertarian Party. They came here, and they wanted me to run for president on their ticket. And, I said, "Well, show me what your platform is ... And if I like it, I'll consider it." This guy flew here from Norman, Oklahoma, and we had, like, a 5 hour meeting right here in this room. That was about 3 months ago, just before their convention. And, I went thru their platform, and I studied it, and I looked at it, and some of the stuff I liked, and some of it I didn't. And I said, "I can't really stand up and support your platform whole heartedly because some of the stuff you have in here is either wrong or stupid. And, in order for me to be a candidate for your party, would they, in fact, nominate me if I couldn't be an ideologue and go the whole 9 yards." And, he said it was doubtful they would support you at the convention if you didn't just spew the whole thing. And I said; "Well, I'm not your boy. Thanks a lot. Goodbye."
- Frank Zappa, January 1988
http://www.afka.net/Articles/1988_Mother_People.htm

[edit] Following your wise lead, I was thinking about turning this into a "proper quote".

What do you think about...

"some of the the stuff you have in here [the Libertarian Platform] is either WRONG or STUPID"?

Last edited by Caputh on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:19 am 

I can't stop laughing.
The guy still thinks you got along with him.
He still thinks you helped him prove his point.
And you clearly didn't.

Irony is lost on some folks.
Cause some folks are lost.
They want so strongly to be right about something that their brain can't connect with reality anymore.

When you think about it, it's a sad thing, yeah, and it's also amazing that such peoples exist.

Hey, DiscoBrainwashed, I'm Trump, listen to me : 1 and 1 equal 3.
Now, pass the word.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:29 am 

Really... it's been some time since my last post and still I can't conceive that someone could be such an idiot, a fool. A gullible cretin.
It's beyond my wildest expectations.
(after all, I always thought that Zappa fans, even though with different opinions, have a minimum of brain)

Guess you never know...
:?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:14 am 

Mike Luckovich

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:22 pm 

https://youtu.be/p9_fw6j13s0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:05 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
I'm delighted that you HAVE been of service to me.

Ecstatic that you are delighted.

We've already been over this countless times. STOP playing dumb. The FZ quote in my below Z forum signature is NOT a misquote. And that's because I NEVER said FZ was strictly libertarian. He was, however, partly libertarian, as evidenced below... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:54 am 

More "proper quotes" from yesterday...

Disco Boy wrote:
And that is because FRANK ZAPPA WAS A SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE/LIBERTARIAN.

Disco Boy wrote:
His political beliefs were MOSTLYLibertarian, like the quote in my sig clearly displays.

Disco Boy wrote:
MOST of Zappa's beliefs were definitely Libertarian

Disco Boy wrote:
it's a FACT that MOST of Frank Zappa's beliefs were Libertarian-based.

...and today...

Disco Boy wrote:
And that's because I NEVER said FZ was strictly libertarian. He was, however, PARTLY libertarian, as evidenced below

Note also how in yesterday's "proper quotes" "Libertarian" is referenced. In today's it's: "libertarian".

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 am 

Trump ridiculed the losers. Now, at home and abroad, he is one of them

Martin Kettle

© AFP/Getty Images ‘Trump’s script was so anodyne, and his conduct so docile, that they could have been drafted and prescribed by Xi himself.’

It is one of Donald Trump’s favourite and most sneering insults. He has used it publicly about such people as Cher, John McCain, Rosie O’Donnell and Jeb Bush. In Trumpworld, all these people have been dismissed in tweets as “losers”. Right now, though, there is only one big loser in Trumpworld, and that loser is President Trump himself.

Trump was a loser in whichever direction you looked this week, both at home and abroad. As a candidate, Trump bragged about all the lessons he would teach China once he was president. He would stop China from “raping” the US economy and “toying” with the US over North Korea. He would bring trade cases against China in the US courts, slap heavy tariffs on Chinese goods and stop China manipulating its currency. He would ramp up the US military presence in the Asia-Pacific region. He might even renege on the holy of holies in Sino-American relations for the past 40 years – the One China doctrine that says Taiwan is a part of China, not a separate country.

Contrast that assertive Trump with the deflated one who made a joint appearance with Xi Jinping in Beijing on Thursday, as part of his five-nation Asian tour. In every respect, Trump’s script was so anodyne, and his conduct so docile, that they could have been drafted and prescribed by Xi himself. There were no threats on trade, no military posturing, and no mention of Taiwan or challenge to the One China policy.

There were no questions at the end of the joint statement either – another win for Xi – and a reminder of which of the two men now holds all the cards in the relationship. Talking about the trade imbalance that once fired so much campaign rhetoric, Trump even said, and on the radio it sounded as if there were a few titters off-stage as he said it: “I don’t blame China.”

Trump’s strategy of reaching out to a left-behind industrial base with a racial message is not sustaining itself

Trump is unpredictable. This sudden kowtowing to China and its ascendant leader this week could be abandoned as quickly as it has arrived, perhaps as soon as Trump’s visit to Vietnam or the Philippines in the coming days. There is a recent precedent, after all. In the summer, Trump abruptly abandoned his scripted statesmanship over the racist violence in Charlottesville in favour of an attack on anti-racists, and an indulgent defence of the 19th-century pro-slavery Confederacy.

Even so, it is hard to disagree with the Obama-era official Tony Blinken in his assessment that the Trump visit to Beijing showed two leaders heading in very different directions. While Trump builds walls, Blinken wrote this week, Xi builds bridges. While Trump shuns multilateralism and global governance, Xi embraces them. While Trump makes quixotic and backward-looking attempts to reinvent the coal industry, even promoting the role of fossil fuels in this week’s climate-change conference in Bonn, Xi has a 30-year programme designed to ensure China dominates the global economy, including in information technology, robotics and AI.

Trump’s defenders will say there is nevertheless consistency here. Trump was an “America first” candidate, and he is an “America first” president. America’s role as the guarantor of the peace and the liberal order in the Asia-Pacific region and in Europe remains of secondary importance to him. His stage is America, not the world. The jobs and livelihoods that matter to him are at home, not elsewhere. His voters are in the United States and nowhere else. He is retreating from world leadership to win at home.

(November 5, 2017) Japan

Trump warns of the North Korean threat and says Japanese orders for US-made military equipment will help keep Japan safe.

(November 7, 2017) South Korea

The North Korea rhetoric softens as the president suggests he is open to diplomatic efforts to resolve the nuclear crisis.

(November 8, 2017) China

Xi Jinping rolls out the red carpet for Trump, who lavishes praise on his host and blames his American predecessors for the 'huge' trade deficit between the US and China.

(November 10, 2017) Vietnam

Trump swings through Da Nang for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting (featuring one Vladimir Putin), before flying to Hanoi for talks with Vietnam’s president about boosting economic and security cooperation.

(November 12, 2017) Philippines

US-Filipino relations have plummeted under President Rodrigo Duterte, who shares some populist and mercurial characteristics with his guest. The war on drugs and Islamic terror could join North Korea on the agenda.

This brings us to this week’s remarkable US elections. Although the bigger test of the Trump presidency will come in 12 months’ time, in the midterm elections that involve every one of the 50 states, this week’s “off year” contests have a message, too. A simple and clear one. They were a stunning defeat for Trump, and for the belief that he has remade the dynamics of US politics.

Many have argued that Trump has upended modern politics, not just in the US but more broadly, along with Brexit and the populist upsurges in many parts of Europe. Trump didn’t merely win the White House, this argument says. He represents a broader sea change, in which the public has revolted against the centre left and the centre right, in favour of more radical demands.

This week’s results cast serious doubt on that simplistic analysis and the intellectual panic that it has generated. For the unmistakable message of these elections is that Trump has lost, not won, and that the traditional alternative party, the Democrats, have scooped the pool without distinction between their moderates and their radicals.

Yes, this week’s contests took place in only a minority of states, and predominantly in states in which the Democrats could expect to do well in a good year. But voters in Virginia, New Jersey, Maine, Washington state and many cities sent a consistent signal. The suburbs, full of the aspirational, low-tax, middle-class families, voted Democrat again. Women, college-educated and minority voters led the way.

As EJ Dionne puts it in his Washington Post column this week: “It’s now clear that the backlash against Trump is the most consequential fact of American politics.” Trump’s strategy of reaching out to a left-behind industrial base with a racial message is not sustaining itself. Those historically low approval ratings, on which some have refused to rely because polling is supposedly now discredited, have turned out to be a better indicator than many believed.

None of this is to say that US politics is now set immovably in Tuesday’s pro-Democratic template, even though the anti-Trump majority was unmistakable. Nor is it to pretend that Trump has terminally abandoned the world to Xi’s China, even though it is beginning to look that way. But one year in, Trump has been rumbled and a lot of the air has gone out of his balloon. His enemies are not, as he would have it in his tweets, “haters and losers”. On the contrary. They are optimists and winners. Right now, Trump is the loser..

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/tru ... ocid=ientp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:12 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
We've already been over this countless times.
That's not true. The times can be counted. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:54 am 

Even if they are fictitious or hyperbolic?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:45 am 

Trump says Putin told him he didn't meddle in the election.

Well, I 'm glad we finally cleared that up...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:54 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Trump says Putin told him he didn't meddle in the election.

Well, I 'm glad we finally cleared that up...

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:20 am 

And Trump believes him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:44 am 

Looks like Trump is wrong... again.

In our newspapers here, we can read, transalation of a report, in the New York Times Nov. 7th edition, about guns in the USA.
Trump said, when commenting about Dallas last gun massacre, that the problem was one of mental health, not guns.

THE ARTICLE
The spending in USA for mental health is nothing shy of what is spent in other countries. In proportion, the number of professionals for that domain is not less than the number in countries where there's much less mass murders.
More crimes in the USA ? No. It's just that consequences are far more devastating.
A Londonian has the same chances to be victim of a crime, but 54 less chances to be killed in the process.
There's 33 homicides by guns in the USA in a pool of one million of peoples. 5 in Canada, 0,7 in Great Britain.
The exact proportion of guns owning.
In China , between 2010 and 2012 there's been a dozen attacks in schools, totaling 25 deaths. They used only knifes.
For the same period, 5 similar attacks (in schools) in the USA added up to 78 deaths. (it would have totaled 187 for a dozen)
In USA, there's 270 millions of guns in circulation. The highest total. The second highest number in another country is 46 millions.
Between 1996 and 2012, there's been 90 mass shootings in the USA.
The highest number in another country is 18.
Americans are 4,4% of the world population and owns 42% of all the weapons on this planet.

So... the only explanation at these high american figures is the number of mass killing arms.
There's crazy peoples everywhere in the World. But only in USA could they find these killing machines so easily.
END OF THE ARTICLE

So, Mr. Trump, about your own theory... FUCK YOU ! You're wrong AGAIN !!!
:evil:

Americans must hate themselves very deeply to carry on with that violent gun's culture.
So, to be ironic... what the fuck ? In most cases, it's only Americans killing other Americans.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:03 pm 

Caputh wrote:
And Trump believes him.

The liars have got to stick together

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:53 pm 

^Politicians stick together.

Language is a virus.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:27 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
We've already been over this countless times.
That's not true. The times can be counted. 8)

You obviously don't understand what a figure of speech is. :roll:

Caputh wrote:
And Trump believes him.

I'd LOVE to see that quote!

Caputh wrote:
More "proper quotes" from yesterday...

Disco Boy wrote:
And that is because FRANK ZAPPA WAS A SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE/LIBERTARIAN.

Disco Boy wrote:
His political beliefs were MOSTLYLibertarian, like the quote in my sig clearly displays.

Disco Boy wrote:
MOST of Zappa's beliefs were definitely Libertarian

Disco Boy wrote:
it's a FACT that MOST of Frank Zappa's beliefs were Libertarian-based.

...and today...

Disco Boy wrote:
And that's because I NEVER said FZ was strictly libertarian. He was, however, PARTLY libertarian, as evidenced below

Note also how in yesterday's "proper quotes" "Libertarian" is referenced. In today's it's: "libertarian".

You're trying to show contradictions but as usual, you're FAILING. You're grasping at straws here... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:34 pm 

Language is a virus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:08 pm 

The other pick by Trump's own Karl Rove, Steve Bannon.....

Roy Moore's former colleague: It was 'common knowledge' that Moore 'dated high school girls'
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBERdre

...so there's 30 witnesses and court documents that confirm the accusers allegations.

So, blatant racism didn't stop Republican's/conservatives from voting for/supporting Trump. His supporters still back him, despite his treasonous Russian activities. His supporters still back Trump despite him being a sexual predator and caught on tape descibing his committing a sexual predatory act.

I have a question for the like of pedro, and any other trump supporter/Republican here....

How the fuck do you stupid brainwashed fuckers sleep at night, knowing that your side is willing to put politics before justice regarding the possible electing of a child molestor....all just to keep a senate seat to push an agenda to help Trump? Didn't happen to anybody you know, so your ok with it? Please explain. Are you really that fucking stupid to go along with that, or do you actually have a conscience when it comes to child molestors and your sides agenda?

...and please, spare me your "whataboutitism" argument that somebody else did it, making excuses for your guy to get away with it.

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:59 pm 

You need some serious help.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:19 am 

Actually, YOU need serious help for going along with that Republicunt bullshit. Willingness to look the other way regarding a child molester, so long as it helps fulfill a political agenda? Shame on you. All the racism, sexual predatory behavior and looking another economic collapse and nuclear wars right in the face, not to mention treason. You don't deserve the honor of calling yourself an American. Plus making a death threat to boot, and you're telling me to get help? The definition of brainwashed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:43 am 

Caputh wrote:
And Trump believes him.

Disco Boy wrote:
I'd LOVE to see that quote!

"He [Putin] said he didn’t meddle. He said he didn’t meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times... Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that,' and I believe, I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it. I think he is very insulted by it.” http://wtvr.com/2017/11/11/trump-putin- ... lieve-him/

So Trump shouldn't believe him? The consequence of this would be that Russia did interfere in the election in favour of Trump.

Disco Boy wrote:
You're grasping at straws here... :roll:

Too true. This is because I am quoting you and, rather like most straws, very little of what you post has any substance at all.

Last edited by Caputh on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:06 am 

Yep, they'll even knowingly vote for a child molestor...

In Alabama, Republican Voters Stand by Roy Moore
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

...how the fuck do you stupid fucking brainwashed Republican assholes live with yourselves? Supporting traitors and pedophiles....sick. :evil:

If this guy gets voted in, and you're a Republican, you'll NEVER hear the end of it....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276  Next