Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: conspiracy....
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:38 pm 

hee hee hee.....

'What the hell happened?'
NZ conspiracy group shocked and in disarray
after almost nobody turns up to anti-lockdown protest

Matt Burrows 22 hours ago

A New Zealand conspiracy group is in disarray, turning on each other and lamenting a poor turnout after barely anyone turned up to an anti-lockdown protest in the hell hole that is Auckland CBD
last week.

Police arrived at Aotea Square to break up a demonstration on Friday after being alerted to chatter about it on social media, but told Newshub only one person arrived with the intention of protesting.

"Police have been in the area and have spoken to one person who arrived intending to attend the protest," a spokesperson said. "Police spoke to the individual who was encouraged to comply with alert level 4 restrictions and chose to leave."

The embarrassing turnout has caused ructions within a prominent New Zealand conspiracy group, with one furious anti-lockdown protester turning on their fellow members and demanding answers for the no-show.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED NEW ZEALAND????? Where were all you people?" they wrote in a chat on instant messaging service Telegram.

"I was there, only to see an empty Aotea Square, bar one man holding a placard and a few NZ Nazi's (sic). To those who made up this poster, you are gutless, yes GUTLESS to not show up at the protest.

"If this is anything to go by, I don't hold much hope for the 'silent protest' outside the government buildings that is supposed to be happening."

Others laid the blame with protest organisers for poor communication. They said they were confused about whether the protest was still on, and remonstrated with fellow group members to "step up" their organisational skills and "mobilize properly".

"They let us down big time," one person said of the event organisers.

"I blame the abysmal lack of communication amongst us truthers for why that event was a no show," said another. "I specifically asked... is that event still on, and couldn't get 1 damn answer from anyone."

One person said they turned up with two others at Aotea Square to see if the protest was legitimate, but ended up not joining in when they saw the turnout.

Another called it "a non-event".

"We were there and we knew of 3 others, so not much to report I'm afraid. It seems New Zealand loves its servitude."

The plan to protest on Friday came from a conspiracy theory Instagram account which called on people "who see the bigger picture" to get involved - despite saying it wasn't involved in the protest and had no idea who was behind it.

The post was accompanied by a busy graphic which read "enough is enough" in capital letters at the top. It went on to say: "How long will you let her destroy our country. NZ calling all who call NZ home - it is time to take a stand! A stand for the future we want. Our NZ."

On the first day of lockdown, conspiracy theorists Billy Te Kahika and Vinny Eastwood were apprehended and later charged after attending an anti-lockdown protest outside TVNZ's thhti Auckland headquarters.

Police Commissioner Andrew Coster later said police had "a low tolerance for unlawful gatherings, but particularly in the context of a Delta variant outbreak".

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national ... ar-AANSyNF

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:50 am 

Jeff Koterba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:56 am 

ok plewk/guys, check this out...
this seems to best the best/clearest footage since the patterson–gimlin film.
it kicks off at the 9:02 timestamp.

BUCKLE-UP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9lgf97Hloo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:07 am 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:48 pm 

Patrick Chappatte

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:03 am 

David Fitzsimmons

It looks like the Arizona audit is going out with a whimper. The official count was more than 99.9% accurate. Has that silenced the folks who claim that Trump won Arizona? Absolutely not. Far from it. Many voices on the right just ignored the conclusions and said that the report makes it clear that there was widespread fraud and more restrictions on voting are needed, despite the report not concluding that at all. Donald Trump himself led the charge by lying, his specialty, saying: "There is fraud and cheating in Arizona and it must be criminally investigated!"

Mark Finchem, a Republican candidate for the open secretary of state position, said: "Now that the audit of Maricopa is wrapping up, we need to audit Pima County—the 2nd largest county in AZ." He is not technically lying here, but the message is pretty clear to Trump's base: "If I am elected, you can count on my putting my thumb, hand, or maybe boot, on the scales to help Trump and Republicans in the future." It used to be that Democrats and Republicans differed on taxes, spending, immigration, etc., but now the big divide is whether to have honest elections or not. This debate is not terribly good for democracy.

State Sen. Wendy Rogers (R) and others made up a new slogan: "Canvass Maricopa." They didn't define what that means, but it sure sounds like they think the count is ongoing and not over yet. Former Missouri governor Eric Greitens (R), who blackmailed his mistress after photographing her nude and was nearly impeached for it, but still wants to be a U.S. Senator, said: "Arizona must decertify. We must have forensic audits across the country." He failed to note that the one in Arizona didn't change anything. But a belief that the election was stolen has become the most important plank in just about every Republican's platform.

Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs (D), who is running for governor, noted that the audit has not changed any minds, saying: "I wish I could tell you that I'm excited to put all this to rest, but I'm not naive. I know far-right Republicans and conspiracy theorists will continue to come after me regardless of the results."

At this point, most Republicans know there is no mechanism to decertify the election. What all this noise is about is to make the public disbelieve election results, that is, to end the public's faith in democracy. In other words, the right has become the left. Republicans are carrying out Russian President Vladimir Putin's program for him, for free, and without any danger of Putin getting caught. On a practical level, having almost half the country not believe in election results sets the stage for any Republican who loses in 2022 or 2024 to claim the election was stolen and have almost half the country believe it. We are not in a good place.

Joe Heller

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5