Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:11 pm 
Banned

You're breakin' my heart
You're tearing it apart, so fuck you

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:21 pm 

I love Nillsson! One of my favorite songs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:22 pm 

swiftkicknow wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Quote:
.... In fact, Swifty was the only one who knew humor when it was intended, knew Zappa wasn't a woman-hating wife-beater and had fun with caricatures of people. Are your heads that cemented by that obnoxiously absurd social rule that says, "Nobody must ever be offended and we have to enforce it, legally if necessary!"
--Bat :roll:

Well, for the record, I understand the song is humorous. It doesn't make me laugh though. I also understand that Frank wasn't a woman-hating-wife-beater, and that he had fun with caricatures of people on a regular basis, and the majority of the time I love that stuff. All I was talking about was, to me, domestic violence ain't funny. I wouldn't change a thing about what Frank did or said in his work, but like I said earlier, it's ok to not like something he wrote, isn't it? Do we have enforced laughter in this forum? Does everyone have to agree on everything? If anyone wants to go back and look (god, how boring would that be? :mrgreen: ), all that shit Swifty laid on me was his own distortion of my words. I didn't post anything to say anything other that what I just said here.

Bullshit. You were throwing distortions left and right then and you're totally backpeddling now. Have a nice day.

You're so cute when you got nothin'. :lol:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:29 pm 

I think there's a difference between being OFFENDED by a song and FEELING UNCOMFORTABLE about a song. My comment about Jumbo Go Away earlier falls into the latter category - as in, "aw, man... that's not cool..."
The former approach would be something like, "HEY! He can't say that!" To me, there's a difference. Like Nooms, I wouldn't ask Frank to change a thing. But we all have our sore spots, and that's what I presumed this thread was about. Actually, I originally thought it was about OTHER PEOPLE (i.e. the Plastic People outside this forum) who feel outrage at Frank's lyrics. But I think my Jumbo comment may have redirected this into a "You Either Get Frank or You Don't" kind of thread, which is not really the point. We all have different buttons that set us off, no big whoop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:32 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Do we have enforced laughter in this forum?

I sentence you to be hung by the neck, until you cheer up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:00 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Quote:
.... In fact, Swifty was the only one who knew humor when it was intended, knew Zappa wasn't a woman-hating wife-beater and had fun with caricatures of people. Are your heads that cemented by that obnoxiously absurd social rule that says, "Nobody must ever be offended and we have to enforce it, legally if necessary!"
--Bat :roll:

Well, for the record, I understand the song is humorous. It doesn't make me laugh though. I also understand that Frank wasn't a woman-hating-wife-beater, and that he had fun with caricatures of people on a regular basis, and the majority of the time I love that stuff. All I was talking about was, to me, domestic violence ain't funny. I wouldn't change a thing about what Frank did or said in his work, but like I said earlier, it's ok to not like something he wrote, isn't it? Do we have enforced laughter in this forum? Does everyone have to agree on everything? If anyone wants to go back and look (god, how boring would that be? :mrgreen: ), all that shit Swifty laid on me was his own distortion of my words. I didn't post anything to say anything other that what I just said here.

Bullshit. You were throwing distortions left and right then and you're totally backpeddling now. Have a nice day.

You're so cute when you got nothin'. :lol:

Actually, I have all you're previous posts to speak for themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:07 pm 

Yeah, they do, don't they? :wink:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:58 pm 

Wow. Well I'm glad to see the Prozac has finally kicked in now and stopped you from foaming at the mouth, my ultrasensitive clueless reactionary blathering little ultra liberal forum buddy. Kind of feels floaty, don't it? Good good. Even got you thinking that Bamboozled By Love is humorous now? Good! There ya go, buddy. Stay in that happy place. Snuggle into that group hug from your sorority now. Safe and warm. There ya go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:36 pm 

Splendid performance. I give it 4 stars. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:57 pm 

sabrinaIII wrote:

Noomies IS dramatic, isn't he, Sabby?! He plays the pathos marginally well, but his ethos is all twisted and his logos is DEEPLY lacking. Maybe you can help him with that during your next sorority meeting. You've always been deeply into drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:42 pm 

swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:

Noomies IS dramatic, isn't he, Sabby?! He plays the pathos marginally well, but his ethos is all twisted and his logos is DEEPLY lacking. Maybe you can help him with that during your next sorority meeting. You've always been deeply into drama.

I'll make the tea! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:34 am 

swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:

You should do something about that rampant paranoia of yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:18 am 

swiftkicknow wrote:
Wow. Well I'm glad to see the Prozac has finally kicked in now and stopped you from foaming at the mouth, my ultrasensitive clueless reactionary blathering little ultra liberal forum buddy. Kind of feels floaty, don't it? Good good. Even got you thinking that Bamboozled By Love is humorous now? Good! There ya go, buddy. Stay in that happy place. Snuggle into that group hug from your sorority now. Safe and warm. There ya go...

Ya still got nothing Swifty. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:29 am 

just plain doug wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:

I'll make the tea! 8)

Thanks, I'll take milk in mine. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:36 am 

Well said; Feets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:00 pm 

feetlightup wrote:
I think there's a difference between being OFFENDED by a song and FEELING UNCOMFORTABLE about a song. My comment about Jumbo Go Away earlier falls into the latter category - as in, "aw, man... that's not cool..."
The former approach would be something like, "HEY! He can't say that!" To me, there's a difference. Like Nooms, I wouldn't ask Frank to change a thing. But we all have our sore spots, and that's what I presumed this thread was about. Actually, I originally thought it was about OTHER PEOPLE (i.e. the Plastic People outside this forum) who feel outrage at Frank's lyrics. But I think my Jumbo comment may have redirected this into a "You Either Get Frank or You Don't" kind of thread, which is not really the point. We all have different buttons that set us off, no big whoop.

You've been nothing but trouble since you joined this forum :x.

I think it's just one persons interpretation of what was said. I myself was surprised Batters took it in that direction.
Yeah, I'm not big on making fun of peoples' appearances either.
I thought that kind of thinking shifted after about 7th grade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:09 pm 

But he can be so uplifting too. It was nice of him to say that us ugly motherfuckers were better than the beatuiful people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:46 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
But he can be so uplifting too. It was nice of him to say that us ugly motherfuckers were better than the beatuiful people.

I always thought of you as a handsome motherfucker, personally.
Hope Aspy won't mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:49 pm 
Banned

sabrinaIII wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:

I'll make the tea! 8)

I'm not British, but I like milk in my tea, as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:13 pm 

I've always thought Illinois Enema Bandit pointed out the absurdity of there apparently being no law against forced enemas in the state of Illinois.
I've increasingly realized that people get offended by it.
They seem of think FZ was doing a Nelson Muntz style Ha-Ha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:42 pm 

catpuke wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

I always thought of you as a handsome motherfucker, personally.
Hope Aspy won't mind.

Not at all, I wholeheartedly concur, pukey! :lol: You is a feline of marvellous tastes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:34 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:

I'll make the tea! 8)

I'm not British, but I like milk in my tea, as well!

I gwine need a bigger teapot, looky-like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:39 pm 

The forum members prepare a nice spot of tea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:17 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
The forum members prepare a nice spot of tea...

Please! Just don't let it be dat way-too-terrible green tea! Dat shit's juss too horrible an' wois dan Starfuck's battery-acid cawfee! :shock:

--Bat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:32 am 
Banned

Green tea is for wussies......

:wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next