Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:11 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:37 pm
Posts: 1786
You're breakin' my heart
You're tearing it apart, so fuck you

:wink:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:40 am
Posts: 3493
Location: The Blue Light
I love Nillsson! One of my favorite songs!

_________________
Country music + Black music = Rock and Roll


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 4050
Location: Chicago, sort of.
swiftkicknow wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Quote:
.... In fact, Swifty was the only one who knew humor when it was intended, knew Zappa wasn't a woman-hating wife-beater and had fun with caricatures of people. Are your heads that cemented by that obnoxiously absurd social rule that says, "Nobody must ever be offended and we have to enforce it, legally if necessary!"
--Bat :roll:


Well, for the record, I understand the song is humorous. It doesn't make me laugh though. I also understand that Frank wasn't a woman-hating-wife-beater, and that he had fun with caricatures of people on a regular basis, and the majority of the time I love that stuff. All I was talking about was, to me, domestic violence ain't funny. I wouldn't change a thing about what Frank did or said in his work, but like I said earlier, it's ok to not like something he wrote, isn't it? Do we have enforced laughter in this forum? Does everyone have to agree on everything? If anyone wants to go back and look (god, how boring would that be? :mrgreen: ), all that shit Swifty laid on me was his own distortion of my words. I didn't post anything to say anything other that what I just said here.


Bullshit. You were throwing distortions left and right then and you're totally backpeddling now. Have a nice day.

You're so cute when you got nothin'. :lol:

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5793
Location: Closer than I Appear
I think there's a difference between being OFFENDED by a song and FEELING UNCOMFORTABLE about a song. My comment about Jumbo Go Away earlier falls into the latter category - as in, "aw, man... that's not cool..."
The former approach would be something like, "HEY! He can't say that!" To me, there's a difference. Like Nooms, I wouldn't ask Frank to change a thing. But we all have our sore spots, and that's what I presumed this thread was about. Actually, I originally thought it was about OTHER PEOPLE (i.e. the Plastic People outside this forum) who feel outrage at Frank's lyrics. But I think my Jumbo comment may have redirected this into a "You Either Get Frank or You Don't" kind of thread, which is not really the point. We all have different buttons that set us off, no big whoop.

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 36342
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Do we have enforced laughter in this forum?

I sentence you to be hung by the neck, until you cheer up!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 3860
Location: Attempt the absurd to achieve the impossible
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Quote:
.... In fact, Swifty was the only one who knew humor when it was intended, knew Zappa wasn't a woman-hating wife-beater and had fun with caricatures of people. Are your heads that cemented by that obnoxiously absurd social rule that says, "Nobody must ever be offended and we have to enforce it, legally if necessary!"
--Bat :roll:


Well, for the record, I understand the song is humorous. It doesn't make me laugh though. I also understand that Frank wasn't a woman-hating-wife-beater, and that he had fun with caricatures of people on a regular basis, and the majority of the time I love that stuff. All I was talking about was, to me, domestic violence ain't funny. I wouldn't change a thing about what Frank did or said in his work, but like I said earlier, it's ok to not like something he wrote, isn't it? Do we have enforced laughter in this forum? Does everyone have to agree on everything? If anyone wants to go back and look (god, how boring would that be? :mrgreen: ), all that shit Swifty laid on me was his own distortion of my words. I didn't post anything to say anything other that what I just said here.


Bullshit. You were throwing distortions left and right then and you're totally backpeddling now. Have a nice day.

You're so cute when you got nothin'. :lol:

Actually, I have all you're previous posts to speak for themselves.

_________________
“The person who stands up and says, 'This is stupid,' either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful 'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific!" -Frank Zappa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 4050
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Yeah, they do, don't they? :wink:

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 3860
Location: Attempt the absurd to achieve the impossible
Wow. Well I'm glad to see the Prozac has finally kicked in now and stopped you from foaming at the mouth, my ultrasensitive clueless reactionary blathering little ultra liberal forum buddy. Kind of feels floaty, don't it? Good good. Even got you thinking that Bamboozled By Love is humorous now? Good! There ya go, buddy. Stay in that happy place. Snuggle into that group hug from your sorority now. Safe and warm. There ya go...

_________________
“The person who stands up and says, 'This is stupid,' either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful 'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific!" -Frank Zappa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:40 am
Posts: 3493
Location: The Blue Light
Splendid performance. I give it 4 stars. :mrgreen:

_________________
Country music + Black music = Rock and Roll


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 3860
Location: Attempt the absurd to achieve the impossible
sabrinaIII wrote:
Splendid performance. I give it 4 stars. :mrgreen:


Noomies IS dramatic, isn't he, Sabby?! He plays the pathos marginally well, but his ethos is all twisted and his logos is DEEPLY lacking. Maybe you can help him with that during your next sorority meeting. You've always been deeply into drama.

_________________
“The person who stands up and says, 'This is stupid,' either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful 'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific!" -Frank Zappa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 36342
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
Splendid performance. I give it 4 stars. :mrgreen:


Noomies IS dramatic, isn't he, Sabby?! He plays the pathos marginally well, but his ethos is all twisted and his logos is DEEPLY lacking. Maybe you can help him with that during your next sorority meeting. You've always been deeply into drama.

I'll make the tea! 8)

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:40 am
Posts: 3493
Location: The Blue Light
swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
Splendid performance. I give it 4 stars. :mrgreen:


Noomies IS dramatic, isn't he, Sabby?! He plays the pathos marginally well, but his ethos is all twisted and his logos is DEEPLY lacking. Maybe you can help him with that during your next sorority meeting. You've always been deeply into drama.


You should do something about that rampant paranoia of yours.

_________________
Country music + Black music = Rock and Roll


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 4050
Location: Chicago, sort of.
swiftkicknow wrote:
Wow. Well I'm glad to see the Prozac has finally kicked in now and stopped you from foaming at the mouth, my ultrasensitive clueless reactionary blathering little ultra liberal forum buddy. Kind of feels floaty, don't it? Good good. Even got you thinking that Bamboozled By Love is humorous now? Good! There ya go, buddy. Stay in that happy place. Snuggle into that group hug from your sorority now. Safe and warm. There ya go...

Ya still got nothing Swifty. :mrgreen:

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:40 am
Posts: 3493
Location: The Blue Light
just plain doug wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
Splendid performance. I give it 4 stars. :mrgreen:


Noomies IS dramatic, isn't he, Sabby?! He plays the pathos marginally well, but his ethos is all twisted and his logos is DEEPLY lacking. Maybe you can help him with that during your next sorority meeting. You've always been deeply into drama.

I'll make the tea! 8)


Thanks, I'll take milk in mine. :mrgreen:

_________________
Country music + Black music = Rock and Roll


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
Well said; Feets

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:01 pm
Posts: 2015
Location: East of the Sun West of the Moon
feetlightup wrote:
I think there's a difference between being OFFENDED by a song and FEELING UNCOMFORTABLE about a song. My comment about Jumbo Go Away earlier falls into the latter category - as in, "aw, man... that's not cool..."
The former approach would be something like, "HEY! He can't say that!" To me, there's a difference. Like Nooms, I wouldn't ask Frank to change a thing. But we all have our sore spots, and that's what I presumed this thread was about. Actually, I originally thought it was about OTHER PEOPLE (i.e. the Plastic People outside this forum) who feel outrage at Frank's lyrics. But I think my Jumbo comment may have redirected this into a "You Either Get Frank or You Don't" kind of thread, which is not really the point. We all have different buttons that set us off, no big whoop.

You've been nothing but trouble since you joined this forum :x.

I think it's just one persons interpretation of what was said. I myself was surprised Batters took it in that direction.
Yeah, I'm not big on making fun of peoples' appearances either.
I thought that kind of thinking shifted after about 7th grade.

_________________
GuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16756
But he can be so uplifting too. It was nice of him to say that us ugly motherfuckers were better than the beatuiful people.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:01 pm
Posts: 2015
Location: East of the Sun West of the Moon
calvin2hikers wrote:
But he can be so uplifting too. It was nice of him to say that us ugly motherfuckers were better than the beatuiful people.

I always thought of you as a handsome motherfucker, personally.
Hope Aspy won't mind.

_________________
GuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:49 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:37 pm
Posts: 1786
sabrinaIII wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
Splendid performance. I give it 4 stars. :mrgreen:


Noomies IS dramatic, isn't he, Sabby?! He plays the pathos marginally well, but his ethos is all twisted and his logos is DEEPLY lacking. Maybe you can help him with that during your next sorority meeting. You've always been deeply into drama.

I'll make the tea! 8)


Thanks, I'll take milk in mine. :mrgreen:


I'm not British, but I like milk in my tea, as well!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 67
I've always thought Illinois Enema Bandit pointed out the absurdity of there apparently being no law against forced enemas in the state of Illinois.
I've increasingly realized that people get offended by it.
They seem of think FZ was doing a Nelson Muntz style Ha-Ha.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
Posts: 4295
Location: En-Ger-Land
catpuke wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
But he can be so uplifting too. It was nice of him to say that us ugly motherfuckers were better than the beatuiful people.

I always thought of you as a handsome motherfucker, personally.
Hope Aspy won't mind.


Not at all, I wholeheartedly concur, pukey! :lol: You is a feline of marvellous tastes.

_________________
"Listen to that noise! It's like Barry White eating wasps."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 36342
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
Splendid performance. I give it 4 stars. :mrgreen:


Noomies IS dramatic, isn't he, Sabby?! He plays the pathos marginally well, but his ethos is all twisted and his logos is DEEPLY lacking. Maybe you can help him with that during your next sorority meeting. You've always been deeply into drama.

I'll make the tea! 8)


Thanks, I'll take milk in mine. :mrgreen:


I'm not British, but I like milk in my tea, as well!

I gwine need a bigger teapot, looky-like!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 4050
Location: Chicago, sort of.
The forum members prepare a nice spot of tea...

Image

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 2394
Location: Just N. of Boston, MA, USA
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
The forum members prepare a nice spot of tea...

Image
Please! Just don't let it be dat way-too-terrible green tea! Dat shit's juss too horrible an' wois dan Starfuck's battery-acid cawfee! :shock:

--Bat

_________________
Image<------PhotoArtWerk by debutante_daisy http://www.facebook.com/BatchainTheMovie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:32 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:37 pm
Posts: 1786
Green tea is for wussies......


:wink:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group