Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:44 am 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
It sure is.

Many of the old Blues Masters weren't exactly nice to their women, either.

At least in their music.

And a lot of the music has nothing to do with beating up women. Or is sung by women.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:14 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
Fact is....there's NEVER an excuse for beating up women.

Period.

Not even if they are beating you up?

I remember a friend of mine back in elementary school who had an argument with a girl at school (who was a real tomboy - she was the only girl in our little league baseball league, and a darn good ballplayer at that), and she wanted to beat him up after school. A crowd gathered and she proceeded to whip his ass, and he just took it - because you're not supposed to hit girls. I hung out with him afterwards, and he was both furious and humiliated. I admired him for his restraint, though. And everyone forgot all about it in a couple of days. Just kids being kids I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:03 am 

Who cares if it is a man or women? Violence within a love relationship proves it's something wrong and not love, women or men doesn't matter. By the way, women are usually overrepresented when it comes to psychological terror...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:19 pm 

Both common sense and statistics say that the incidents of women-on-man violence is tiny compared to the other way around. It sucks either way though, and the courts have been really shitty in sorting it out, no matter who's the abuser.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:43 pm 
Banned

just plain doug wrote:
Help, I'm a Rock wrote:

Period.

Not even.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:55 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Help, I'm a Rock wrote:

Period.

Not even.

Damn, HIAR. That statement makes me sort of almost kind of think I maybe
might like you.
There really maybe sort of could possibly be hope for you after all. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:59 pm 
Banned

Thats the way it is. Men who hit women are scum. Pussies who can't go toe to toe with a man, so they beat up on women.

If your woman hits you, leave. End of story. Who needs that shit.

Woman beaters are only slightly better than child molesters. Slightly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:05 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
Thats the way it is. Men who hit women are scum. Pussies who can't go toe to toe with a man, so they beat up on women.

Woman beaters are only slightly better than child molesters. Slightly.

You have to wonder how they feel about their mothers.
Or what they witnessed as a child- their father hitting their mother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:11 pm 
Banned

They're fucked up in the head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:34 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:

OF COURSE the guy in Bamboozled should not have beat and burried her for blowing another guy. That's rash. Plus it let's the perpetrator (her, the blower) slip into the role of victim when you retaliate so rashly and everybody forgets that SHE is the one who brought this on herself and wronged YOU. No, you never punch a woman. I agree. I never have and never will.

So... how DO you handle this little trangression so that she doesn't get to play victim and you don't go to jail?

Here's what you do instead -- you make sure everybody knows what happened and you stay with her and you forgive her. Meanwhile, you go ahead and seduce her hotter sister AND her much hotter best friend. Get THEM to blow YOU. You gotta play it smart; don't let her friend and her sister know about each other. Get both of them to fall in love with you because you are a great guy for forgiving their unfaithful tramp of a sister/friend and she doesn't deserve you.

Then, when the time is right, you let all 3 find out about each other. As they fly into a massive catfight and are tearing each other to pieces in a jealous territorial rage, THEN, and ONLY THEN, then you leave. :twisted:

It's the ol' switcheroo...beat her at her own game.

Heyyyyy...THIS would make a good song, too!...where's my guitar?....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:41 pm 
Banned

swiftkicknow wrote:
Help, I'm a Rock wrote:

OF COURSE the guy in Bamboozled should not have beat and burried her for blowing another guy. That's rash. Plus it let's the perpetrator (her, the blower) slip into the role of victim when you retaliate so rashly and everybody forgets that SHE is the one who brought this on herself and wronged YOU. No, you never punch a woman. I agree. I never have and never will.

So... how DO you handle this little trangression so that she doesn't get to play victim and you don't go to jail?

Here's what you do instead -- you make sure everybody knows what happened and you stay with her and you forgive her. Meanwhile, you go ahead and seduce her hotter sister AND her much hotter best friend. Get THEM to blow YOU. You gotta play it smart; don't let her friend and her sister know about each other. Get both of them to fall in love with you because you are a great guy for forgiving their unfaithful tramp of a sister/friend and she doesn't deserve you.

Then, when the time is right, you let all 3 find out about each other. As they fly into a massive catfight and are tearing each other to pieces in a jealous territorial rage, THEN, and ONLY THEN, then you leave. :twisted:

It's the ol' switcheroo...beat her at her own game.

Heyyyyy...THIS would make a good song, too!...where's my guitar?....

That's some funny stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:29 pm 

I'm so tempted to give a big, fat, stinky Battie Award (No, don't worry!) to this thread for the fucking unbelievable depths of stupidity that were reached here by people whose native language is English I can almost smell it now! I was waiting to see somebody actually state Zappa was portraying "Mr. Titties 'N Beer Biker Guy" as someone he would admire and thought his listeners would or should too.

In fact, Swifty was the only one who knew humor when it was intended, knew Zappa wasn't a woman-hating wife-beater and had fun with caricatures of people. Are your heads that cemented by that obnoxiously absurd social rule that says, "Nobody must ever be offended and we have to enforce it, legally if necessary!"

Sorry, not in this reality! I know I'll be plenty pissed off in the future by lots of things and have been in the past -- but what the fuck? Where's my special treatment?

--Bat :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:59 pm 

Batchain1001 wrote:
... the fucking unbelievable depths of stupidity that were reached here by people whose native language is English ...

The problem I have with this is that there is no way to know who or what you're talking about. Name some names, quote some posts, tell us what it is that makes them unbelievable depths of stupidity and then maybe I might have some idea of your opinion and be able to comment on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:16 pm 

Why should he have to be bothered to fill out a detailed form just for you? I think he stated his overall impression pretty clearly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:39 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Batchain1001 wrote:
... the fucking unbelievable depths of stupidity that were reached here by people whose native language is English ...

The problem I have with this is that there is no way to know who or what you're talking about. Name some names, quote some posts, tell us what it is that makes them unbelievable depths of stupidity and then maybe I might have some idea of your opinion and be able to comment on it.
I want to thank Swifty for getting everything I said because I thought, as he did, I'd been perfectly clear. I don't know what you're confused about, Poly, and I can't imagine delivering some essay on the thread that would help you to comprehend what I said. That sounds fucking ridiculous! Really!

--Bat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:30 pm 

Batchain1001 wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Batchain1001 wrote:

I want to thank Swifty for getting everything I said because I thought, as he did, I'd been perfectly clear. I don't know what you're confused about, Poly, and I can't imagine delivering some essay on the thread that would help you to comprehend what I said. That sounds fucking ridiculous! Really!

--Bat

So, are you saying that everyone who has posted in this thread except Swifty has reached fucking unbelievable depths of stupidity? All I'm getting at about your comments being so general is that there are several posters in this thread that have either posted opinions that I sympathise with or have told stories that I can relate to and I don't think you can condemn the thread completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:24 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Batchain1001 wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Batchain1001 wrote:

--Bat

So, are you saying that everyone who has posted in this thread except Swifty has reached fucking unbelievable depths of stupidity? All I'm getting at about your comments being so general is that there are several posters in this thread that have either posted opinions that I sympathise with or have told stories that I can relate to and I don't think you can condemn the thread completely.
No, but you seem to be getting more and more confused and I don't know why.
I wasn't being general at all, in fact, I made my comments about the thread within the thread and I can't see why you're having such trouble understanding what I said. It was only my approach that differed from what was being said so much.
If it was just that my approach that threw you off just re-read it in focus and you can't mistake what I had said.
And of course I can add contrasting ideas and observations just as anyone added whatever they saw fit to post previous to my first post.

--Bat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:25 am 

Batchain1001 wrote:
... you seem to be getting more and more confused and I don't know why.
I wasn't being general at all, in fact, I made my comments about the thread within the thread and I can't see why you're having such trouble understanding what I said. It was only my approach that differed from what was being said so much.
If it was just that my approach that threw you off just re-read it in focus and you can't mistake what I had said.
And of course I can add contrasting ideas and observations just as anyone added whatever they saw fit to post previous to my first post.

I understand that you are saying that FZ obviously wasn't admiring the subject of the song in question and you give another example of that. But, are you also saying that it would be stupid to still be offended or uncomfortable with the song at the same time as understanding that FZ is not condoning the subject matter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 am 

With regard to lyrical content and beatings, why should some people be given special treatment? Dat's what I wants to know.

They never won't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:55 am 

I personally agree with Bill Hicks; there shouldn't be any lines, and if there are... ERASE THEM! I've never been offended in my life and I ain't gonna start now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:07 pm 

Quote:
.... In fact, Swifty was the only one who knew humor when it was intended, knew Zappa wasn't a woman-hating wife-beater and had fun with caricatures of people. Are your heads that cemented by that obnoxiously absurd social rule that says, "Nobody must ever be offended and we have to enforce it, legally if necessary!"

Well, for the record, I understand the song is humorous. It doesn't make me laugh though. I also understand that Frank wasn't a woman-hating-wife-beater, and that he had fun with caricatures of people on a regular basis, and the majority of the time I love that stuff. All I was talking about was, to me, domestic violence ain't funny. I wouldn't change a thing about what Frank did or said in his work, but like I said earlier, it's ok to not like something he wrote, isn't it? Do we have enforced laughter in this forum? Does everyone have to agree on everything? If anyone wants to go back and look (god, how boring would that be? :mrgreen: ), all that shit Swifty laid on me was his own distortion of my words. I didn't post anything to say anything other that what I just said here.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:15 pm 

I'm glad this thread is merely a joke. I mean, imagine if we were all serious about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:45 pm 

sabrinaIII wrote:
I'm glad this thread is merely a joke. I mean, imagine if we were all serious about this?

Aw, we're just funnin' around! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:21 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Quote:
.... In fact, Swifty was the only one who knew humor when it was intended, knew Zappa wasn't a woman-hating wife-beater and had fun with caricatures of people. Are your heads that cemented by that obnoxiously absurd social rule that says, "Nobody must ever be offended and we have to enforce it, legally if necessary!"

Well, for the record, I understand the song is humorous. It doesn't make me laugh though. I also understand that Frank wasn't a woman-hating-wife-beater, and that he had fun with caricatures of people on a regular basis, and the majority of the time I love that stuff. All I was talking about was, to me, domestic violence ain't funny. I wouldn't change a thing about what Frank did or said in his work, but like I said earlier, it's ok to not like something he wrote, isn't it? Do we have enforced laughter in this forum? Does everyone have to agree on everything? If anyone wants to go back and look (god, how boring would that be? :mrgreen: ), all that shit Swifty laid on me was his own distortion of my words. I didn't post anything to say anything other that what I just said here.

Bullshit. You were throwing distortions left and right then and you're totally backpeddling now. Have a nice day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:01 pm 

Being offended by music is an odd concept to me. For me, lyrics are secondary behind harmonic structure, rhythm, arrangement, tempo and tone, regardless of what style of music it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next