Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:39 am 

punknaynowned wrote:
From The Hill:
Loser President Sends Jobs To Mexico
Illinois Manufacturer closes plant and moves to Mexico citing Trump's tarriffs.

:mrgreen:
More to come
:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:48 am 

Dan Wasserman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:57 am 

Mike Luckovich

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:55 am 

Paresh Nath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:19 pm 

Bob Englehart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:33 am 

I can't believe I feel compelled to :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:37 pm 

Mike Luckovich

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:04 pm 

"So help me understand this Supreme Court thing: it was OK to keep Scalia's seat open for over 400 days because fuck you, that's why, and right now it's imperative that we rush into a vote on Blackout Brett as soon as possible because fuck you, that's why, do I have that right?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:47 pm 

I'd have to say that you understand all the facts as they have been reported.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:02 pm 

"GOP doesn't investigate Russian attack on our democracy. They don't want to investigate accusations against Kavanaugh. But when it comes to the myth of widespread "voter fraud" or conspiracy theories on Benghazi, they're all in. It's about political power, not power of the truth."
- Dan Rather, 2pm EST, 26Sep18

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:06 pm 

punknaynowned wrote:
"So help me understand this Supreme Court thing: it was OK to keep Scalia's seat open for over 400 days because fuck you, that's why, and right now it's imperative that we rush into a vote on Blackout Brett as soon as possible because fuck you, that's why, do I have that right?"

Check and check...Check please.... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:06 pm 

Joe Heller

Democrats were elected governor in Michigan and Wisconsin, and before they can take over, the Republican-controlled legislatures in both states have called lame-duck sessions to rewrite state law to weaken the power of the incoming governor. When a Republican was governor, they had no interest whatsoever in doing this. Partisan politics at its finest.

In Wisconsin, the legislature's agenda includes limiting early voting (which generally helps Democrats) and moving the state's presidential primary from April to March (in an apparent attempt to help a conservative judge running in an April state Supreme Court election), among other things. Lawmakers introduced the bills Friday night, held hearings Monday, and passed the bills Tuesday. Outgoing Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) could sign them at any time. It is perfectly clear now that all that matters to Republicans is raw power.

In Michigan, Democratic women won the offices of governor, attorney general, and secretary of state, so the legislature introduced measures that would water down the powers of all three offices, including oversight of campaign financing. In 2016, the Republican-controlled legislature in North Carolina hamstrung the incoming Democratic governor in a lame-duck session in a similar way. It looks like this is becoming the new normal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:51 pm 

Bill Bramhall

Mike Luckovich

Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:02 am 

Nate Beeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:13 am 

Still stuck in the past as of ?:
Remember?

both sides do what now?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:45 pm 

Martyn Turner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:50 am 

"If the Mueller Report cleared Trump, you would have seen it by now. “Not going to indict” isn’t the same as “fit to be President” & Trump’s failure to follow through on commitments like being interviewed by Mueller & releasing the report, confirm it."

and...

Appearing on highways and subway platforms trafficked by millions in the US:

"Trump is taking away our healthcare because Putin wants us dead."

And FOX can't stop it, the Nat'l Enquirer can't stop it, his Press Secretary can't stop it, and all the white supremacists and bigoted state and city leaders can't stop it... the internet won't stop it, either. The Republican party could help for a change, but their lobbyists say wait until at least 2021...

Oh yeah, keep talking Clinton and Benghazi.
Oh, yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:48 am 

GOP at a loss over Trump's past praise for WikiLeaks

They have been quick to condemn WikiLeaks and its founder, Julian Assange -- and vow that justice will be served now that its leader has been arrested.

But when it comes to President Donald Trump's past praise of WikiLeaks, Senate Republicans are at a loss for words.

"You need to talk to the President about his comments," Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr said as he left the Capitol.

"That's up to the President," said Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham when asked about Trump's past praise.

They're hardly alone. On Thursday, few Republicans wanted to revisit Trump's past comments, instead drawing their ire toward Assange while offering their support for the US government's efforts to pursue his extradition and prosecution.

"I think it's about time," said Sen. Roy Blunt, a member of GOP leadership who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, when asked about Assange's arrest in London.

Yet when asked about Trump's past praise for WikiLeaks, Blunt paused for several seconds before saying: "Well, I think anytime people are releasing information that shouldn't be released, that's a troublesome thing."

The Missouri Republican then added: "I don't have anything else to say beyond that."

On Thursday, Trump himself sought to distance himself from his own remarks, saying: "I know nothing about WikiLeaks. It's not my thing."

Yet, time and again on the campaign trail in 2016, Trump trumpeted WikiLeaks and the drip of damaging information about the Clinton campaign -- even as the authorities warned that the Russians were behind the hacked emails.

"I love reading those WikiLeaks," Trump said in November 2016, a common refrain at his rallies.

At the time in 2016, GOP Sen. Marco Rubio warned the GOP not to tout the WikiLeaks information.

"Because it was the work of a foreign intelligence agency, and it was designed to play a role in our elections," Rubio said Thursday, recalling why he raised his past concerns.

"I told people not to do that, because today it was Hillary Clinton, but tomorrow it will be a Republican, or anyone," Rubio told CNN when asked about Trump's praise at the time.

The Florida Republican on Thursday blamed the media for covering the stolen emails, saying that gives incentive for other foreign powers to replicate Russians' actions of 2016.

"In the future, if foreign adversaries know if they can get access to things that are salacious and put them out there in the public domain, the media's going to focus a little bit on how that became public, but mostly on the contents of that salacious content," Rubio said.

Yet when asked if Trump should re-examine his past rhetoric touting WikiLeaks, Rubio said: "During the campaign, you have to ask him why he said that. Perhaps he wasn't as familiar at the time as he is now."

On Thursday morning, the 47-year-old Assange was arrested and dragged out of the Ecuadorian embassy in the United Kingdom, where had been in asylum for seven years, as the US seeks his extradition on charges that he engaged in a 2010 conspiracy to break into a classified federal computer and leak secret records that officials say endangered national security.

When asked what he thought about Trump's past praise, Graham instead discussed his own personal views of Assange.

"I've repeatedly condemned the guy," Graham said. "He'll be offered a fair trial. The wheels of justice are finally turning. He's never been a hero."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/politics/republican-reaction-trump-wikileaks/index.html

greatest hits video here :arrow: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-47902968/does-trump-still-love-wikileaks-or-whatu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
GOP at a loss over Trump's past praise for WikiLeaks

On Thursday, Trump himself sought to distance himself from his own remarks, saying: "I know nothing about WikiLeaks. It's not my thing."

Yet, time and again on the campaign trail in 2016, Trump trumpeted WikiLeaks and the drip of damaging information about the Clinton campaign -- even as the authorities warned that the Russians were behind the hacked emails.

"I love reading those WikiLeaks," Trump said in November 2016, a common refrain at his rallies.
:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:51 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 pm 

R. J. Matson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:48 am 

Iowa's longest-serving GOP lawmaker joins Democrats because of Trump

Dave Whamond

Iowa's longest-serving Republican state lawmaker is ditching the party in a protest of what he called President Donald Trump's "unacceptable behavior" and is joining the Democrats.

State Rep. Andy McKean, a moderate from eastern Iowa whose 29 years in the legislature include stints in the House and Senate, announced his party switch at a news conference Tuesday. He called Trump "a poor example for the nation and particularly for our children" and said he'll seek re-election in 2020 as a Democrat.

"With the 2020 president election looming on the horizon, I feel as a Republican that I need to be able to support the standard bearer of our party. Unfortunately, that is not something I am able to do," McKean said Tuesday of Trump.

"He sets, in my opinion, a poor example for the nation and particularly for our children by personally insulting -- often in a crude and juvenile fashion -- those who disagree with him, being a bully at a time when we are attempting to discourage bullying, his frequent disregard for the truth and his willingness to ridicule or marginalize people for their appearance, ethnicity or disability," he said.

The move -- which narrows the GOP's hold on the state House to 53 seats to Democrats' 47 -- is an embarrassment for Trump in a state that's under a constant political microscope due to its role as the first to cast votes in presidential nominating contests. Democratic presidential contenders will battle for the next nine months ahead of the state's caucuses next year.

more here :arrow: https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/23/politics/andy-mckean-iowa-gop-lawmaker-change-party/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:30 am 

Steve Sack

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:35 pm 

Worse, the WH and GOP want to do it again.
Sen. Amy Klobuchar on her bill for paper ballots and talking to AG Barr:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 am 

Bob Englehart

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next