Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15926 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 632, 633, 634, 635, 636, 637, 638  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:43 pm 

Trump permanently banned from Twitter... :shock:

Post subject: Re: pedro and disco boy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:22 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I'm sure Pedro and Disco Boy still lurk but are too big of pussies to come back and post.
Mij wrote:
I had a check to see if they're still member here. . .
Last DB post was 23 Jun 2020 03:09
Last Pedro post was not stated. I didn't bother to scan further.

They'll keep quiet. I think they should quit. They won't find here what they're looking for.
:smoke:

who cares where they are?
no need for gloating... :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:03 pm 

SEDITION! - A Randy Rainbow Parody
(4 minutes long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT5kafhG3Qw&feature=emb_logo

8) posted 12 hours ago 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:51 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:06 pm 

Apparently he went to Parler and now Apple removed their app and Google gave them 24 hours.

Of course now Trump supporters hate free market capitalism because these privately owned businesses decided to excersise their constitutional rights to deny service to anybody at anytime for any reason based on their full ownership of content and discretion of use of their platforms per user agreements these idiots signed but didn't read.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:54 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:31 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:02 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I'm sure Pedro and Disco Boy still lurk but are too big of pussies to come back and post.
Mij wrote:
I had a check to see if they're still member here. . .
Last DB post was 23 Jun 2020 03:09
Last Pedro post was not stated. I didn't bother to scan further.

They'll keep quiet. I think they should quit. They won't find here what they're looking for.

who cares where they are?
no need for gloating... :roll:

After January 6th, if I were Disco Boy, I would seriously consider not only changing my forum name, but changing my identity completely and possibly moving to another continent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:09 pm 

I actually tweeted a response to the last tweet that Trump made and got deleted. I'm using my real name in Twitter now, not one based on Tero, my middle name.

He said something about 75 million loyal followers. I said "lock them up."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:50 pm 

Dale Cummings

Bart van Leeuwen

Dario Castillejos

Steve Sack

Emad Hajjaj

Rainer Hachfeld

Bruce Plante

Rick McKee

R. J. Matson

Peter Kuper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:28 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:57 am 

DC attorney general is looking at charging Trump and others for inciting violence
From CNN's Alison Main

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-impeachment-news-01-11-21/index.html

DC Attorney General Karl Racine said his office is looking at potentially charging President Trump and others for inciting violence when they spoke to a crowd that later breached the US Capitol on Jan. 6.

Racine told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell on Monday the investigation is ongoing, but he is looking at a charge that would apply "where there is a clear recognition that one's incitement could lead to foreseeable violence."

He called comments by Trump, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, his son Donald Trump Jr. and GOP Rep. Mo Brooks that riled up the crowd that would later descend on the Capitol in a violent riot "outrageous."

"Clearly the crowd was hyped up, juiced up, focused on the Capitol and rather than calm them down or at least emphasize the peaceful nature of what protests need to be, they really did encourage those folks and rile them up," he said.

Racine acknowledged the Office of Legal Counsel guidance discouraging the prosecution of a sitting president, but noted that Trump has only nine left days in office and that his office's investigation will go on much longer than that.

"I'm not targeting the President or anyone else," Racine assured, saying that his office and the US attorney's office will "follow the facts."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:21 pm 

Hey Bravo Sierra and Pedro.....how do you like your cop killer MAGA now? You guys cheer on your buddies while they bludgeoned a cop to death at your God Trumps order? How does it feel to be on the side of traitors and insurrectionists?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:04 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:50 am 

Petar Pismestrovic

Patrick Chappatte

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:19 pm 

Caputh wrote:
After January 6th, if I were Disco Boy, I would seriously consider not only changing my forum name, but changing my identity completely and possibly moving to another continent.

As long as he stops being Canadian, I'm OK with that.
8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:33 pm 

McConnel now in for Impeachment.... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:58 pm 

Clay Jones

Joep Bertrams

Steve Sack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:47 pm 

Donald Trump has been suspended from YouTube
Rachel Lerman
18:09, January the 13th, 2021.

YouTube has suspended US President Donald Trump's account from uploading videos to his official account for at least a week, joining fellow social media giants Twitter and Facebook in shutting the president out of his account because of concerns his posts will incite violence.

YouTube, the streaming video service owned by Google, said it removed new content uploaded to the president's account for violating its policies and "in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence."

YOUTUBE
YouTube has suspended US President Donald Trump's account from uploading videos for at least a week.

It will not allow Trump to add new videos for a minimum of seven days, it said in a Twitter post late Tuesday night. It will also disable comments on his entire channel for an indefinite period of time.

Twitter on Friday banned Trump from its site, which had been a favourite communication tool of the president. Twitter cited the potential for future violence stemming from the president's tweets, particularly concerning the inauguration of US President elect Joe Biden.

Social media companies have been cracking down on Trump's posts for the past year, labelling and fact-checking posts that contained misinformation about the coronavirus and the 2020 election. But after the attack on the US Capitol last week, which Trump did not immediately condemn, the mainstream social media companies decided the risk was too great to keep Trump online.

Facebook suspended the president's account at least until the inauguration, while Twitter's ban is permanent. YouTube was the final holdout of the major social networks.

It is unclear what YouTube removed from the president's account before suspending it. The company issues "strikes" against users for violating policies. This first strike means no new videos can be added for seven days. A second strike within 90 days carries a two weeks suspension, and a third strike means the channel is banned.

The Washington Post

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... om-youtube

wow, at least a week.....can they do any less to this guy.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:44 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 am 

Anyway, only idiots religiously followed Trump in these social medias.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:27 am 

House poised to impeach Trump for second time: 'Incitement of insurrection'
It's a historic vote. No president has faced the sanction twice. How many Republicans will join?

Jan. 13, 2021, 4:42 AM PST / Updated Jan. 13, 2021, 7:25 AM PST
By Rebecca Shabad

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-poised-impeach-trump-second-time-incitement-insurrection-n1254051

WASHINGTON — The House on Wednesday was poised to impeach President Donald Trump a second time, which will make him the first president to face possible removal twice.

House lawmakers are expected to vote on a single article of impeachment around 3 p.m. ET, charging Trump with "incitement of insurrection" in the wake of a pro-Trump mob that violently stormed the U.S. Capitol last Wednesday.

The vote comes exactly one week before Inauguration Day, when Trump will leave office and Joe Biden will be sworn in as president on the steps of the Capitol.

Early Wednesday morning, before the House was scheduled to begin debate, a large security presence fanned out across the Capitol complex.

Hundreds of National Guard troops slept in the Capitol Visitors Center, located below the U.S. Capitol and normally used to usher thousands of tourists through the building each day. Troops told NBC News that they had slept there overnight.

In downtown Washington, D.C., between the White House and the Capitol, police close streets and parked military vehicles to block off roads. Tall fences have been erected around the perimeter of the Capitol.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., said that the insurrection was "recruited by and deployed by" Trump.

"I've served with Ronald Reagan, with George H.W. Bush and George Bush. I have respect for all of those presidents. They cared about our country, they honored our Constitution and they executed the duties of their office, consistent with the Constitution and laws of our country. That is not true of this president — and therefore, he ought to be removed, " Hoyer said. "Is there a little time left? Yes. But it is never too late to do the right thing."

Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., top Republican on the Rules Committee, said Wednesday that he opposes the impeachment effort and echoed the argument made by a number of other Republicans that Democrats rushed to impeachment and didn't go through the normal legislative process.

"after the traumatic events of last week, the majority should be taking steps to unite us. Instead, they are only dividing us further," Cole said in remarks on the House floor. "They're rushing to judgment in my opinion and bringing up impeachment after failing to follow any meaningful process whatsoever. No hearings have been held, no witnesses heard, no process or opportunity to respond was provided to the president. No members had an opportunity to review or amend this article before it came to the floor. This is hardly the way the House should undertake such a serious act."

Several members, including at least three Democrats who tested positive for Covid-19 this week, are expected to take advantage of proxy voting and will cast their votes remotely because they are isolating.

On Tuesday night, Democrats, joined by a handful of Republicans, passed a resolution calling on Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office. But before the vote, Pence made clear he would not do so, saying that he didn’t believe "that such a course of action is in the best interest of our Nation or consistent with our Constitution."

Democrats have overwhelmingly voiced support for impeaching Trump and as of Tuesday night, a handful of Republicans said that they planned to join their counterparts and vote to impeach him during Wednesday's vote. They include the House Republican conference chairwoman, Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the most high-profile one, as well as Reps. Fred Upton of Michigan, Jaime Herrera Beutler of Washington, Adam Kinzinger of Illinois and John Ka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:18 am 

Trump Administration Executes Only Woman On Federal Death Row
The government killed Lisa Montgomery despite objections that her mental state rendered her incompetent for execution.

01/13/2021 01:45 am ET Updated 22 hours ago

By Melissa Jeltsen

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lisa-montgomery-execution-trump_n_5ffdfb67c5b656719889aec5

The Trump administration executed Lisa Montgomery, 52, in the early hours of Wednesday morning, ending the tortured life of the only woman on federal death row.

The government killed Montgomery with a lethal injection of pentobarbital over objections by her lawyers that her mental state rendered her incompetent for execution.

Montgomery, who was diagnosed with bipolar disorder with psychotic features and complex post-traumatic stress disorder, had lost touch with reality and was unable to comprehend what was happening, her lawyers wrote in court filings before her death. In the days leading up to her execution, she was having auditory hallucinations of her abusive mother’s voice, her lawyers said, and believed that God was speaking with her through connect-the-dot puzzles.

She was pronounced dead at 1:31 a.m. at the federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana. She was the first woman to be executed by the federal government in nearly 70 years.

“The craven bloodlust of a failed administration was on full display tonight,” said Kelley Henry, one of Montgomery’s lawyers, in a statement. “Everyone who participated in the execution of Lisa Montgomery should feel shame.”

In what her lawyers called a final insult, the government did not allow Montgomery’s spiritual adviser, Assemblies of God pastor John Francisco, to stand with her in the execution chamber.

“It was a needless indignity and a deprivation of really her basic humanity,” said Amy Harwell, another one of Montgomery’s lawyers, in a phone call following the execution. “He could have provided comfort and a prayer.”

Montgomery was a textbook example of the potent effect of childhood abuse. On the Adverse Childhood Experiences scale, which tallies how much trauma a child suffers before the age of 18, she scored a 9 out of 10.

According to reports from family members, her mother beat her and withheld all forms of affection. Her stepfather began to molest her at age 11. Later, he built a room onto the side of a trailer to isolate her from the family for the purposes of sexual violence. Even after Montgomery’s mother walked in on her husband raping her daughter, she did not report it to authorities. Montgomery told a cousin at the time that her parents were also allowing other men to rape her in exchange for work done around the house.

Experts who have evaluated Montgomery believe that she began to dissociate with reality to survive the extreme trauma of her childhood.

“Lisa’s childhood in which she was brutally beaten, humiliated, and ultimately raped for several years by a stepfather, created conditions for her to develop profoundly distorted perceptions of interpersonal relationships, human emotions and even her own body,” wrote Katherine Porterfield, a clinical psychologist at the Bellevue/New York University Program for Survivors of Torture who examined Montgomery in prison. “These developmental impairments had tragic consequences in this woman’s life and the life of those around her.”

Montgomery was sentenced to death for the 2004 murder of Bobbie Jo Stinnett, a woman who was eight months pregnant. Montgomery strangled Stinnett and removed the fetus, pretending to friends and family that the baby was hers.

The baby girl was rescued the following day and returned to her father. The child, now 16, has not spoken publicly about the incident.

Montgomery’s lawyers contend that their client killed Stinnett during a psychotic episode. Since her arrest, she has been medicated and received psychiatric care. She was incarcerated at a Texas prison for women with special mental health needs prior to her execution.

The crime of fetal abduction is extraordinarily rare.

Researchers at the Cornell Center on the Death Penalty Worldwide were only able to find 16 instances of similar crimes in the U.S. in the last 35 years. In most cases, the perpetrator was a woman with documented mental illness.

Montgomery’s execution followed a flurry of last-minute legal exchanges between her lawyers and the Department of Justice.

Three separate federal courts issued a stay of execution in the hours before Montgomery was scheduled to be put to death.

The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana was receptive to Montgomery’s claim that she was not competent to be killed and temporarily blocked her execution pending a competency evaluation. The government appealed, and the stay of execution was vacated by the U.S. Court Of Appeals for the 7th Circuit. The other two stays, which involved procedural legal claims, were vacated by the U.S. Supreme Court, clearing the path for the government to proceed with the execution.

Montgomery was the 11th person executed under the Trump administration, which restarted federal capital punishment last summer amid the coronavirus pandemic. Before Trump took office, the last federal execution had taken place in 2003.

Holding executions during a pandemic has resulted in predictable issues.

Both of Montgomery’s attorneys contracted COVID-19 after traveling to visit her in prison to prepare her clemency petition. Her execution was originally scheduled for Dec. 8 but was temporarily blocked to give her lawyers time to recover. Others, such as the spiritual adviser for death row prisoner Orlando Hall, contracted the coronavirus after attending an execution.

The Trump administration had planned to execute two other people in its last week — Corey Johnson on Thursday and Dustin Higgs on Friday. But on Tuesday, a federal judge halted their executions due to their recent COVID-19 illnesses. Both men contracted the coronavirus in December during a massive outbreak at the federal correctional complex where death row is housed.

The men have argued in court filings that their lung damage from coronavirus is likely to make their executions excruciatingly painful, violating constitutional protections against cruel and unusual punishment. The government is appealing the temporary stay.

President-elect Joe Biden, who is set to be inaugurated in one week, is opposed to the death penalty and has said he will work to end its use. He is expected to pause federal executions once he takes office.

Henry, Montgomery’s lawyer, said that she was disappointed that outgoing President Donald Trump did not commute Montgomery’s sentence to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

“He had not even the decency to formally deny ― or even acknowledge ― Lisa’s clemency application, though it is hard to imagine a case more deserving of executive intervention than this one,” she said in a statement. “This failed government adds itself to the long list of people and institutions who failed Lisa.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:22 am 

House impeaches Trump for Capitol riot in historic bipartisan rebuke

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/trump-impeachment-house-bipartisan-capitol-riot/

By Grace Segers, Melissa Quinn, Stefan Becket, Kathryn Watson, Sarah Lynch Baldwin, Victoria Albert

Updated on: January 14, 2021 / 8:59 AM / CBS NEWS

Washington — The House of Representatives voted to impeach President Trump for inciting an insurrection at the Capitol that left five people dead, cementing his place in history as the only president to be impeached twice in a bipartisan rebuke that was approved with unprecedented speed.

The final vote was 232 to 197, with 10 Republicans joining all 222 Democrats in supporting a single article of impeachment charging the president with "incitement of insurrection."

"We know that the president of the United State incited this insurrection, this armed rebellion, against our common country," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said ahead of the vote. "He must go. He is a clear and present danger to the nation that we all love."

Mr. Trump was first impeached in December 2019 for his efforts to pressure Ukraine to investigate the Biden family. His second impeachment comes just one week before President-elect Joe Biden will be sworn into office as his successor. Only two other presidents have been impeached since the founding of the republic.

On January 6, the president addressed supporters near the White House, urging them to "fight like hell" as members of Congress prepared to formalize Mr. Biden's win. An angry mob subsequently marched on the Capitol and stormed the complex, shattering windows and breaking down doors to gain access to the halls of Congress. The mob managed to halt the counting of the electoral votes for several hours.

House Democrats brought the impeachment resolution to a vote with an unprecedented speed that reflected the severity of the assault on the Capitol and the limited time remaining in Mr. Trump's term. The resolution was first introduced on Monday, with Democrats forgoing the typical process of holding hearings and conducting an investigation.

The article of impeachment will soon head to the Senate, where lawmakers must hold a trial on whether to convict Mr. Trump and remove him from office. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Wednesday he has not made a decision on whether he will vote to convict the president at trial.

With just seven days left in Mr. Trump's term, the Senate trial could potentially stretch into the term of his successor. If that happens, the Senate could still choose to convict Mr. Trump and bar him from holding any federal office in the future. A vote to convict requires a vote of two-thirds of the Senate.

The president has refused to take responsibility for his role in inciting the mob that stormed the Capitol, insisting on Tuesday that his speech before the riot was "totally appropriate."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:20 am 

Trump is going to have to fire Trump now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15926 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 632, 633, 634, 635, 636, 637, 638  Next