Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 614, 615, 616, 617, 618
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:01 pm 

Adam Zyglis

Rainer Hachfeld

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:33 am 

Dave Granlund

Steve Sack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:09 am 

When I was young, there was a joke about a fire in a fully crowded theater.
The owner comes on stage saying "Please, stay calm at your place to avoid panic"
They did.
They all burned.
:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:26 pm 

There's an irony whenever I see people who are so brainwashed by television that they vote for somebody from TV, who btw is the single biggest failure in presidential history, actually call everybody else who isn't a Trump supporter brainwashed.

Trump was literally handed nearly 10 straight record breaking economic growth records from Pres Obama and totally blew it. Once again Republicans live up to the leaving office with a net loss of jobs, massive business closures, high unemployment and skyrocketing homelessness...not even including the over 200,000 dead before election day...which they will proceed to blame on Biden.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:26 am 

Forrest Trump

https://play.stuff.co.nz/details/_6190818514001

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:00 am 

Trump is for dummies only !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:51 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:55 am 

I can hear him say "You have your snapshot ? Is it over ? I must go"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 pm 

^^^Another good photo op while he calls them losers, he is disgusting I have several family members who served including WWI & II and I find his treatment of John McCain and the Khan family was just to despicable to forgive... :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:38 pm 

TIME TO CELEBRATE PEDRO ! GRAB A BEER

over 200000 deaths !!! ANOTHER TRUMP TRIUMPH !!!
(according to his own words...)
And it took millions of idiots to follow Trump in his craziness !
:P
Yeah, science is an evil thing
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:23 pm 

Mij wrote:
TIME TO CELEBRATE, PEDRO! GRAB A BEER!
Pat Byrnes

Pat Byrnes is a long-time cartoonist for The New Yorker, illustrator, humorist, and winner of the National Cartoonist Society’s Silver Reuben. Previous careers include voice actor, ad copywriter, and aerospace engineer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:53 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:11 pm 

Michael Ramirez

Steve Sack

Bob Englehart

Guy Parsons

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:40 am 

Dave Granlund

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:22 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:28 pm 

...and news for you ! it's now over 202,000 !!!
But I guess a guy like a Trump brainwashed supporter don't care.

Not bad for an hoax, really !
:smoke:

Post subject: Re: CHUMP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:09 am 

Editors' Pick September the 17th, 2020, 02:23pm EDT

Trump Brags About Pro-Level Golf Score At Challenging U.S. Open Course

Siladitya Ray

Topline

President Donald Trump claimed that he has scored in the “low 70s” at the notoriously difficult Winged Foot Golf Club in New York, where the U.S. Open is being contested this week, adding to a list of dubious claims he’s made about his golfing prowess even though others have called him out for cheating.

Trump claims to have a handicap of 2.8 in golf, something that is refuted by people who have seen him play

Appearing on Fox Sports Radio ahead of the U.S. Open, Trump said that he had shot “low 70s, quite a bit” on the course, adding “I’ve been a member there a long time. I could do pretty well.”

The par score at Winged Foot is 70 and Geoff Ogilvy, who won the last U.S. Open held there, shot rounds of 71, 70, 72, and 72, winning with a score of five over par.

Trump has previously claimed he has a 2.8 handicap—which means he averages 2.8 shots above par per round—but this is something sportswriter Rick Reilly, who wrote a book about Trump’s golfing, has dismissed, stating, “If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter.”

Celebrities like Samuel L. Jackson, Alice Cooper and Oscar De La Hoya have all accused Trump of cheating at golf.

Crucial Quote

Reilly, who wrote about multiple instances of Trump’s cheating in his 2019 book Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump, told CNN in an interview last year, "He cheats like a mafia accountant. He cheats crazy. He cheats whether you're watching or not. He cheats whether you like it or not." According to Reilly, while playing against professional golfer Tiger Woods, Trump once hit two balls in the water and then claimed to have almost tied with him.

Surprising Fact

In 2019, Golf Magazine reported that Trump claims to be the ‘2018 Men’s Club Champion’ at the West Palm Beach club, which he owns, despite the fact that he didn’t participate in the championship. According to the New Yorker, Trump, who claims to have won 18 club championships, has admitted to Reilly that they weren’t championships at all. Trump reportedly told Reilly, “Whenever I open a new golf course, I play the official opening round and then I just call that the first club championship. There you go! I’m the first club champion!"

Big Number

31. That’s the number of times Trump has gone to golf courses since March, when the coronavirus pandemic took off in the U.S., according to TrumpGolfCount.com. As of September 6th, Trump has played at least a total of 138 rounds of golf since the start of his presidency, by the website’s count. This excludes 140 other times that Trump has visited a golf course but there is no clear evidence of him playing.

Further Reading

President Trump won a 2018 club championship — without actually playing in it! (Golf Magazine)

The Serial Golf Cheat in the White House (New Yorker)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityar ... 3b6be97242

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:19 am 

I once played with a guy like him. An ol' chap about the same age.
It's simply a really sad thing that a guy has to lie about his score and cheat on the course.
I would never trust such a guy.
If a guy can lie in your face about something ridiculous as a golf score, nothing will stop him to lie about important matters.

Does he really think folks believe him ?
If he do believe, he's a crackpot.
And that guy is leading a country...
PATHETIC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:05 am 

Flashback: The ‘Greatest Music Video of All Time,’ According to Donald Trump
Who knew that Trump was a fan of ‘Use Your Illusion’–era Guns N’ Roses?

by Andy Greene

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/donald-trump-november-rain-video-1059876/

In a newly released excerpt from a book by Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the former White House press secretary reveals that Donald Trump told her and former White House communications director Hope Hicks to add Guns N’ Roses “November Rain” to his rally playlist back in 2018.

“He told us it was the ‘greatest music video of all time,'” Sanders writes, “and made us watch it to prove his point even though neither of us disagreed.”

This brings forth the rather odd image of the President of the United States and two of his top advisors pulling up YouTube in the Oval Office and loading up a 1992 Guns N’ Roses video that runs for nearly 10 minutes. But we must say, Trump isn’t totally wrong here. It is indeed a candidate for one of the greatest music videos of all time. Check it out right here.

Hicks and Huckabee were probably a little confused when the video ended, especially when it came to the death of Stephanie Seymour’s character. In one scene, she’s celebrating her wedding to Axl when it suddenly begins pouring. The guests act like they’re under enemy attack fire and began diving for cover. One fellow even dives through the wedding cake. We then transition right to a funeral and Seymour is in a coffin.

In our imaginary White House, Trump has given this matter a lot of thought. “Well, Sarah and Hope, did you notice that a bottle of red wine spills at the wedding?” Trump asks. “That’s meant to symbolize blood. And now look carefully at the casket. Do you see that mirror down the side of her head? It’s clear that her face was disfigured, possibly by a self-inflicted bullet, and they needed to hide the damage at the funeral. I also encourage you read to the Del James short story ‘Without You’ that inspired the video. It’ll give you much more insight into the characters and the tragedy. Personally, I think that leaving the death offscreen was an interesting creative choice by director Andy Morahan. Now, if you’ll turn your attention to the ‘Estranged’ video …”

In reality, Trump has probably given the plot of the “November Rain” video almost no thought at all. But the fact that he has any sort of opinion about the thing is quite amazing. Does he also like The Spaghetti Incident? Was he disappointed by Chinese Democracy? Is he hoping that Izzy Stradlin takes part in a future reunion tour? We’ll never know the answers to any of this, but we do know that Axl Rose detests Trump. He must have felt a little odd when he learned that the feeling is far from mutual.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:11 am 

While Trump view and analyse a music video . . . 202,640 deaths so far
Talk about putting your priority at the wrong place
:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:58 pm 

Aaand the Short-Fingered Vulgarian gets to pick another Supreme Court justice. We are well and truly fucked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:46 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 pm 

'Masters of the dark':
Former friend lifts the lid on Donald and Melania Trump's marriage

Michael Koziol - 10:35, September the 20th, 2020.

Getty Images
Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, Melania Trump and Donald Trump in 2008

The first lady of the United States is fully complicit in Donald Trump's actions and is "no different from her husband", according to a former friend and adviser of Melania Trump and the latest ex-White House insider to write a tell-all book.

But Melania Trump has been "usurped" by the president's favourite daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner, who have prevailed over the first lady in their fight for power and whose "need for control" is imperilling the United States, the former insider says.

Stephanie Winston Wolkoff portrays a conniving and Machiavellian partnership in which Melania Trump is prepared to do whatever it takes to support Trump's hold on power but accepts playing second fiddle to his favourite daughter, Ivanka, from his first marriage.

In an exclusive Australian interview to air on Sunday, Wolkoff tells 60 Minutes that despite often giving the impression they can't stand each other, the Trumps are "masters of the dark" who use distractions to deflect attention from activities they would prefer to shroud.

Several times Melania Trump has been seen refusing to hold her husband's hand and swatting it away, prompting speculation about the status of their marriage. Wolkoff believes it is "100 per cent" deliberate and says the first time the act caused controversy, Melania Trump hadn't even realised she had done it.

"They are aligned in a way that everything is done for a reason. Nothing just happens," she says. "You have to understand who they are to understand what they're trying to do, which is fleece the nation... She's no different from her husband."

Wolkoff describes a relationship not dissimilar to the psychopathic Underwoods from House of Cards; a "transactional marriage" which is all about supporting the "showman" Trump.

However, unlike Claire Underwood, Melania Trump has few policy or political aspirations and does not covet power herself. "She was happy at Trump Tower. She loved Trump Tower. She was thrilled at her life," Wolkoff says.

60 MINUTES / NINE NETWORK
Stephanie Winston Wolkoff first met Melania Trump in 2003 while she was special event director at Vogue magazine.

If her husband loses the presidency at the November 3 election, "she'll be in the south of France on a really big yacht with a really big brim hat doing what she's always wanted to do: nothing".

In her view, the first lady's apparent aloofness and superficiality is a way of avoiding scrutiny. "By remaining mysterious, by keeping up that steel wall, she doesn't have to answer to anyone. To make her human, and to make her feel, would mean opening herself up for criticism," Wolkoff says.

"Melania looks unapologetically, authentically skin-deep... The reality is she is not unhappy, she is complicit."

Wolkoff became friends with Melania Trump in 2003, when Wolkoff was directing special events for Vogue magazine, including New York City's famed Met Gala. They were regular lunchers, but the friendship didn't canvass politics.

Wolkoff helped organise the Trump inauguration, which became infamous for its low turnout despite the president's claims to the contrary. She then joined the first lady's office as a special adviser, working on a children's wellbeing initiative called "Be Best". Wolkoff says she tried to explain to Melania Trump that the name was "illiterate" and "doesn't make sense".

Their relationship deteriorated after The New York Times reported Wolkoff's company received US$26 million ($38 million) to plan the inauguration. In the story, an inauguration committee operative said Wolkoff was personally paid US$1.6 million, although she says her actual fee was US$480,000.

Wolkoff left the first lady's office in early 2018, and her book Melania and Me relies heavily on quotes taken from conversations she secretly recorded with her boss after their friendship began to deteriorate.

"I pressed record for my safety, my protection and my validation, because of course they were going to turn around and say none of it was true," Wolkoff tells 60 Minutes. "I do not regret pressing record at all."

The former White House insider says the relationship between Melania Trump and her stepdaughter Ivanka is genuinely strained, with the two rarely sitting down to talk face-to-face. She says the Trump presidency has been fundamentally altered for the worse by the ambitions of Ivanka and Kushner, who is also a special adviser to his father-in-law.

"Melania has been usurped by Ivanka. It's a very fair assessment to say that Ivanka and Jared's need to have control of the office and initiatives has won.

"That entire new ring of power is pretty much hidden from the rest of the world. I don't think our country would be in such peril today if Donald actually was president and he didn't have the two of them there with him. I think it was the worst thing that could have happened for our country."

Trump would love nothing more than for his daughter to become president, Wolkoff says. "The fact that he's literally getting Ivanka ready to become a president and already putting that in people's minds is sick, is just insane. And it can happen."

Sydney Morning Herald

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... s-marriage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:28 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 614, 615, 616, 617, 618