Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 561, 562, 563, 564, 565, 566, 567 ... 608  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:13 pm 

Now, back to reality...

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/nationa ... r-increase

Record 158,803,000 Americans Employed; 1.85M Year-to-Year Increase

By Susan Jones | January 10, 2020 | 7:33am EST

(CNSNews.com) – “As we begin this new year, our economy is booming,” President Trump told a rally in Toledo, Ohio Thursday night. “Wages are soaring, workers are thriving, and America’s future has never looked brighter.”

Friday brought more good news, as the Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics announced that the number of employed Americans -- 158,803,000 -- set a 25th record under President Trump.

Year to year -- since December 2018 -- 1,858,000 more workers have been added to American payrolls.

In December, the number of unemployed Americans, 5,753,000, matched the Trump-era low set in September 2019. The unemployment rate remained at its 50-year low of 3.5 percent.

And the economy added 145,000 jobs in December, below November's (revised) 256,000 jobs added. Nevertheless, after revisions for October and November, job gains have averaged 184,000 over the last 3 months.

In December, the civilian non-institutional population in the United States was 260,181,000. That included all people 16 and older who did not live in an institution (such as a prison, nursing home or long-term care facility).

Of that civilian non-institutional population, 164,556,000 were participating in the labor force, meaning that they either had a job or were actively seeking one during the last month. This resulted in a labor force participation rate of 63.2 percent, not significantly different than it's been for months.

The labor force participation rate has never been higher than 67.3 percent, a level achieved in the early months of 2000. The Trump-era high was set in October at 63.3 percent. Economists say retiring baby boomers account for some of the decline since the turn of the century.

Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men (3.1 percent), adult women (3.2 percent), teenagers (12.6 percent), Whites (3.2 percent), Blacks (5.9 percent), Asians (2.5 percent), and Hispanics (4.2 percent) showed little or no change in December.

Average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose by 3 cents to $28.32 in the final month of 2019. Over the last 12 months, average hourly earnings have increased by 2.9 percent.

The U.S. economic expansion is now in its 11th year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:36 pm 

Now, here's yet another dose of reality (or as Caputh refers to it as, "WILDLY INACCURATE")...

2017-2020 Trump Administration Accomplishments (UPDATED):

~ over 65% of his 8 year agenda already accomplished
~ over $12 Trillion in wealth created
~ best job #s in quantity EVER (as of Dec. 2019, 158.803 million employed) - has broken TWENTY FIVE job creation quantity records
~ at FULL employment (meaning, there are more jobs available than people looking for them) for the first time EVER and for 20 months straight
~ more positively consistent monthly labor force participation rates (as of Dec. 2019, 63.2%) than most months Obama was in office
~ 2018 saw nearly 3% GDP growth
~ 2019 Q1 saw 2.7% GDP growth (revised down from 3.2%), despite the month-long Government shutdown in January
~ 2019 Q2 saw 2.3% GDP growth (revised up from 2.1%)
~ 2019 Q3 saw 2.1% GDP growth (revised up from 1.9%)
~ the largest tax cut bill (individual and corporate rates) in nearly 30 years - and as a result, 250+ companies have given 6 million employees over $1 BILLION in bonuses, including $100-200 million dollar bonuses (or the equivalent in stock options) from Apple, Fiat Chrysler, AT&T, Comcast, Walmart, Home Depot, Waste Mgmt., etc.
~ as a result of the above, employee wages & average hourly earnings, have increased between 3% & 3.5% since 2018
~ average hourly earnings have increased 3.5% over the past 12 months
~ Obamacare mandate repealed, giving free choice to consumers, instead of being financially penalized for not conforming to the plan
~ consumer confidence the highest it's been in 18 years
~ highest stock market performance EVER (currently, the DOW is nearly 29,000 - setting a new record high)
~ lowest unemployment rate in five decades (as of Dec. 2019, 3.5%)
~ lowest youth unemployment rate in nearly 30 years
~ one of the lowest female unemployment rates in decades (as of Dec. 2019, 3.5%)
~ one of the lowest Hispanic unemployment rate EVER (as of Dec. 2019, 4.2%)
~ one of the lowest African American unemployment rates EVER (as of Dec. 2019, 5.9%)
~ one of the lowest Asian unemployment rates EVER (as of Dec. 2019, 2.5%)
~ roughly 7 million jobs created since the 2016 Presidential election
~ highest Homeownership rate in 5 years
~ highest African American homeownership rate EVER
~ lowest unemployment rates EVER in 14 states
~ over 900 job-killing regulations eradicated
~ the US is now the world's #1 oil and energy producer
~ food stamp recipients at a several year low (roughly 7 million less people receiving them)
~ the Trump wall has officially commenced building, with ESTIMATES of over 135 miles completed and/or reconstructed
~ 70% less illegals crossing the US/Mexican border from 2018-2019, even without a fully completed Trump wall
~ a 58% increase in coal exports in the 1st quarter of 2017
~ an infrastructure bill (that includes eliminating wait times for large building permits/licenses and related regulations of up to 17 years down to 2 years)
~ a veterans' health care bill (that transfers almost all power to veterans, who then can fire their health care provider if they don't match their expectations)
~ signed health care legislation (to be enacted by 2021), thus forcing health care providers to inform customers of their service costs before billing
~ dozens of legislative & executive orders
~ Nearly all of ISIS have been eradicated from Syria & Iraq
~ ISIS leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in West Syria, after fleetingly moving throughout the Middle East
~ successfully aided in forcing Kim Jong-un to suspend nuke testing and has essentially ended (or at the very least, temporarily ended) the Korean War - deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize
~ successfully made Kim Jong-un return 55 sets of US soldier remains from the 1950's Korean War
~ after unfulfilled promises by Clinton, Bush Jnr. & Obama to make Jerusalem the capital of Israel and move the embassy there, Trump promises to do it and DOES it
~ the United States/Mexico/Canada Act (USMCA), replacing the horror that was NAFTA
~ new Supreme Court Justice, Judge Kavanaugh
~ trade tariffs implemented in China, Europe, Canada, etc., thus successfully forcing most of these countries/continents to stop over-charging the US on imported goods & services
~ NATO are now paying the majority of their own bills, and are no longer taking advantage of the US, who were paying 70-80% of their total beforehand
~ becomes the FIRST sitting US President to enter North Korea, through the demilitarized zone
~ assassinates terrorist & Iranian Military General, Qasem Soleimani, in retaliation for US Embassy bombing in Baghdad, that killed numerous Americans (Soleimani has killed over 600 Americans in total throughout the years)
Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:55 am 

2 million people work for the US government. The majority report to Trump. In his second term he will fire as many as he can. "We don't need the Weather Bureau, because you can see the weather on TV." EPA, FDA, gone. USDA (checks your meat) gone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:05 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:42 pm 

Unfortunately, (like most of this forum) Tero needs to develop reading comprehension skills.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:20 pm 

Tero wrote:
2 million people work for the US government. The majority report to Trump. In his second term he will fire as many as he can. "We don't need the Weather Bureau, because you can see the weather on TV." EPA, FDA, gone. USDA (checks your meat) gone.

Whose gonna check my meat then? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:25 pm 

Rudy Giuliani

Post subject: Re: disco trump
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:32 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Unfortunately, (like most of this forum) Tero needs to develop reading comprehension skills.

unfortunately, disco boy is a fool.

on a more serious note, though, donald trump is a lunatic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:39 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
unfortunately, disco boy is a fool

Helpless, worthless, misguided fool. Deeply uncurable. A completely wasted mind.
A Canadian shame. From Vancouver, not from Quebec * !!!
:smoke:

* Une chance, tabarnac !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:44 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Comes to mind lyrics from King Crimson
The fate of all mankind I see
Is in the hands of fools

Are they prophets or what ? . . .
:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:25 pm 

Post subject: Re: lumpy shit
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

unfortunately, disco boy is a fool.

Unfortunately, you are also in desperate need of developing reading comprehension skills...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:18 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
I added that the co-worker who's training me belittled me several times by saying, "...your comprehension of the English language is very poor..."

Sad to say, but I wonder how many agree with Disco Boy's former co-worker? Things do not seem to have improved in the last 12 and a half years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:58 pm 

OK, what time is it, boys and girls ?
Time to laugh at Trump and all his stupid followers, specialy those who think money matters more than our planet...

It's fascinating how much some Americans love to be lied to. . .

Some fun facts for those obsessed with that Economy thing . . .

Sadly true !

HE'S LAUGHING AT YOU , AMERICANS !!!
Still too stupid to see it ?!?

Stephen Hawking Explaining How Donald Trump Happened

I know... I know... Trump dislikes whistleblowers...

AND THE REASON WHY WE'RE SUFFERING THIS SHIT . . .

Oh, time's up !!!
See you later !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:52 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:54 am 

Responses in bold. Don't get yer hopes up DB. I won't be responding to your cute little lists every time. It was kinda hard to even take you serious this time when there is so many levels of Dumb going on. Caputh, more power to you, I don't know how you stand this crap so often.

Disco Boy wrote:
Now, here's yet another dose of reality (or as Caputh refers to it as, "WILDLY INACCURATE")...

2017-2020 Trump Administration Accomplishments (UPDATED):

~ over 65% of his 8 year agenda already accomplished - Hilarious and unprovable
~ over $12 Trillion in wealth created - The Rich Get Richer
~ best job #s in quantity EVER (as of Dec. 2019, 158.803 million employed) - has broken TWENTY FIVE job creation quantity records - Not good jobs, but you seem fine with that
~ at FULL employment (meaning, there are more jobs available than people looking for them) for the first time EVER and for 20 months straight - repeat above
~ more positively consistent monthly labor force participation rates (as of Dec. 2019, 63.2%) than most months Obama was in office - repeat above
~ 2018 saw nearly 3% GDP growth - The Rich Get Richer
~ 2019 Q1 saw 2.7% GDP growth (revised down from 3.2%), despite the month-long Government shutdown in January - repeat above
~ 2019 Q2 saw 2.3% GDP growth (revised up from 2.1%) - repeat above
~ 2019 Q3 saw 2.1% GDP growth (revised up from 1.9%) - repeat above
~ the largest tax cut bill (individual and corporate rates) in nearly 30 years - and as a result, 250+ companies have given 6 million employees over $1 BILLION in bonuses, including $100-200 million dollar bonuses (or the equivalent in stock options) from Apple, Fiat Chrysler, AT&T, Comcast, Walmart, Home Depot, Waste Mgmt., etc. = Hahahaha, Walmart as a savior for the working man, hahahaha, repeat above
~ as a result of the above, employee wages & average hourly earnings, have increased between 3% & 3.5% since 2018 - Nonsense, the Rich Get Richer
~ average hourly earnings have increased 3.5% over the past 12 months - repeat above
~ Obamacare mandate repealed, giving free choice to consumers, instead of being financially penalized for not conforming to the plan - Hahahaha, I see you are a fan of "Trumpcare", hahaha
~ consumer confidence the highest it's been in 18 years - What a dumbass metric
~ highest stock market performance EVER (currently, the DOW is nearly 29,000 - setting a new record high) - The Rich Get Richer
~ lowest unemployment rate in five decades (as of Dec. 2019, 3.5%) - Not good jobs, but you seem fine with that
~ lowest youth unemployment rate in nearly 30 years - Hmmm very important metric. Kids working the farm, eh?
~ one of the lowest female unemployment rates in decades (as of Dec. 2019, 3.5%) - Not good jobs, but you seem fine with that
~ one of the lowest Hispanic unemployment rate EVER (as of Dec. 2019, 4.2%) - repeat above
~ one of the lowest African American unemployment rates EVER (as of Dec. 2019, 5.9%) - repeat above
~ one of the lowest Asian unemployment rates EVER (as of Dec. 2019, 2.5%) - Tell us how worried you have been about the Asian Unemployment Rate in the US
~ roughly 7 million jobs created since the 2016 Presidential election - Not good jobs, but you seem fine with that
~ highest Homeownership rate in 5 years - Hmmm... I'm at least hoping you are conflicted on this, but very little hope
~ highest African American homeownership rate EVER = You thought maybe African-Americans should have less homes now... why?
~ lowest unemployment rates EVER in 14 states - Not good jobs, but you seem fine with that
~ over 900 job-killing regulations eradicated - I'm sure you will list all 900, itemizing them in order of importance
~ the US is now the world's #1 oil and energy producer - Gotta love clean water, right?
~ food stamp recipients at a several year low (roughly 7 million less people receiving them) - For good reason, right?
~ the Trump wall has officially commenced building, with ESTIMATES of over 135 miles completed and/or reconstructed - Why do you bother bullshitting? Same as Trump I suppose.
~ 70% less illegals crossing the US/Mexican border from 2018-2019, even without a fully completed Trump wall - repeat above
~ a 58% increase in coal exports in the 1st quarter of 2017 - Hahahahaha, no response necessary
~ an infrastructure bill (that includes eliminating wait times for large building permits/licenses and related regulations of up to 17 years down to 2 years) - Safety first, right?
~ a veterans' health care bill (that transfers almost all power to veterans, who then can fire their health care provider if they don't match their expectations) - Funny how you seem to think this is a good thing. Funny as in sad.
~ signed health care legislation (to be enacted by 2021), thus forcing health care providers to inform customers of their service costs before billing - Isn't this bullshit done yet?
~ dozens of legislative & executive orders - repeat above
~ Nearly all of ISIS have been eradicated from Syria & Iraq - OMG, The Dumb just keeps going
~ ISIS leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in West Syria, after fleetingly moving throughout the Middle East = I'm sure your self-righteousness is peaking
~ successfully aided in forcing Kim Jong-un to suspend nuke testing and has essentially ended (or at the very least, temporarily ended) the Korean War - deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize - This should win you some kind of King Sucker Award
~ successfully made Kim Jong-un return 55 sets of US soldier remains from the 1950's Korean War - Irrespective of their condition
~ after unfulfilled promises by Clinton, Bush Jnr. & Obama to make Jerusalem the capital of Israel and move the embassy there, Trump promises to do it and DOES it - Why do you think its good? Because Trump sez so.
~ the United States/Mexico/Canada Act (USMCA), replacing the horror that was NAFTA - Horror, hahaha, drama queen
~ new Supreme Court Justice, Judge Kavanaugh - A stain on the US
~ trade tariffs implemented in China, Europe, Canada, etc., thus successfully forcing most of these countries/continents to stop over-charging the US on imported goods & services - Right, fuck the farmers
~ NATO are now paying the majority of their own bills, and are no longer taking advantage of the US, who were paying 70-80% of their total beforehand - Good thing you have gone over all those numbers, hahaha ;)
~ becomes the FIRST sitting US President to enter North Korea, through the demilitarized zone - A Historically Shameful Embarrassment for the US via Trump
~ assassinates terrorist & Iranian Military General, Qasem Soleimani, in retaliation for US Embassy bombing in Baghdad, that killed numerous Americans (Soleimani has killed over 600 Americans in total throughout the years) - A Historically Shameful Embarrassment for the US via Trump
Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:04 pm 

Let it be said...
Caputh is a Saint !!!

:smoke:

I don't know anybody else who has the patience to deal with a moron like DB.

HATS OFF !!!

I know he'll be modest as usual but that changes nothing.

Post subject: Re: trump
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:05 pm 

awesome post, arkay.

and, hats off to caputh, as well.
8)

Last edited by Lumpy Gravy on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:26 pm 

HeHeHe.... Boys and girls, the President of United States !

You know, I can go on for days, no stopping...
The level of stupidity of all that's Trump related, he himself, his asslickers aides, his brainwashed idiots followers,
really, is bottomless.
But, so much for today !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:47 am 

Bloody hell, it's not every day you get called a Saint. Thank you very much, everyone; I just hope it's not one of those bastard saints (e.g St. Martin, who, despite cutting his cloak in half to give to a poor man, spent the rest of his time persecuting "heathens", burning down their temples and defacing statues and art). I've just been reading all about them in this very good book...

I liked Arkay's answer very much, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:00 am 

Republicans claim victory while Trump is under fire
https://twitter.com/dvillella/status/12 ... 7292233728
but as the Daily Show points out, Trump only fixed what he broke.

There is no way to police China stealing intellectual property (electronics, chemicals) that they produce under contract. They can make the same product for their huge domestic market and nobody will ever check how it was made.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:37 am 

I was wondering if there was a book about the errors made by all the Popes since the beginning up to now.
With dates and all the détails.
It seems yours only cover the dark age.
Incomplete for me but surely a good read anyway...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:06 am 

Parnas interview embedded in a tweet
https://mobile.twitter.com/fortismind/s ... 8202523649

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:36 pm 

Mij wrote:
I was wondering if there was a book about the errors made by all the Popes since the beginning up to now.
With dates and all the détails.
It seems yours only cover the dark age.
Incomplete for me but surely a good read anyway...

Unfortunately, I only have 2 books on the history of the papacy - both in German. Fuhrmann offers an amusing overview from Peter to Benedict XVI ("Die Päpste", Becksche Reihe, 2004). Schimmelpfennig ("Das Papsttum", Primus Verlag, 2009) is less anecdotal but only goes up to the Renaissance. As far as I can make out, neither has been translated into English, but perhaps into French?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:58 pm 

I searched and nothing in French or English.
It seems it was published in German only... which I don't speak.
I guess one day I'll find one book on that matter. As for now, I'll wait.
Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 561, 562, 563, 564, 565, 566, 567 ... 608  Next