Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472, 473 ... 493  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5980
Location: Over there! (last)
Mij wrote:
Orange baboon reaches new stupidity high every day. :P
Baboons are able to acquire orthographic processing skills, which form part of the ability to read, something which Trump doesn't do. Quit picking on baboons. :mrgreen:

Sean Delonas
Image

Adam Zyglis
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5228
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
Yeah, you're right !
Comparing Trump to any living thing on this planet is... well... an insult to any living thing on this planet !

:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5980
Location: Over there! (last)
Dave Granlund
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 295
Location: USA
https://mobile.twitter.com/P_Lepinkaine ... 4464884737


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6811
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Disco Boy wrote:
Listen, you ultra-stupid fuck ... you're far BEYOND stupid ...
It's quite obvious that I'm not and also that you're not, that's why I called you a fuck head and not a stupid fuck head. There are some very affable stupid people. You are neither affable nor stupid. This debate has nothing to do with IQ - that is, if you're talking about the same IQ that psychologists speak of. There are high IQs on all sides of this argument. I suppose I could at least question your IQ, given that you persist in pursuing a very low rent form of argument that assumes that anyone who believes what you believe must have a high IQ and insist that anyone who doesn't, must have a very low IQ. Also, you seem to enjoy pissing in the wind - another reason to question your IQ.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Last edited by polydigm on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: for #LandofDolt45
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 5381
87 month sentence and then, sixteen more indictments (which can't be pardoned):
Image
https://www.manhattanda.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Manafort-Indictment.pdf

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7440
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
polydigm wrote:
I suppose I could at least question your IQ, given that you persist in pursuing a very low rent form of argument that assumes that anyone who believes what you believe must have a high IQ and insist that anyone who doesn't, must be have a very low IQ. Also, you seem to enjoy pissing in the wind - another reason to question your IQ.

I agree completely and this article has something to say about people who like to discuss their, or other's IQ...
"How Actual Smart People Talk About Themselves

Hint: not by discussing IQ"

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... es/549878/


And here's Steven Hawking...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lwFK1ImzcA

But it's something that DB and Trump would appear to have in common.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5228
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
So, it is called the Dunning-Kruger effect !
"Unskilled and unaware of it".

Personally, I would have add that believing lies, day after day, is a sure sign of stupidity.
And trying to cover it by encouraging others to believe these lies too doesn't make one less stupid.

:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 295
Location: USA
He is going to veto. I promised him a wall:
https://mobile.twitter.com/P_Lepinkaine ... 9462377474


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 9950
polydigm wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Listen, you ultra-stupid fuck ... you're far BEYOND stupid ...
It's quite obvious that I'm not and also that you're not, that's why I called you a fuck head and not a stupid fuck head. There are some very affable stupid people. You are neither affable nor stupid. This debate has nothing to do with IQ - that is, if you're talking about the same IQ that psychologists speak of. There are high IQs on all sides of this argument. I suppose I could at least question your IQ, given that you persist in pursuing a very low rent form of argument that assumes that anyone who believes what you believe must have a high IQ and insist that anyone who doesn't, must be have a very low IQ. Also, you seem to enjoy pissing in the wind - another reason to question your IQ.

He used to constantly criticize people on this forum for using ad hominems in debates with him. He seems to have lowered his own standards.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5980
Location: Over there! (last)
KUIII wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Listen, you ultra-stupid fuck ... you're far BEYOND stupid ...
It's quite obvious that I'm not and also that you're not, that's why I called you a fuck head and not a stupid fuck head. There are some very affable stupid people. You are neither affable nor stupid. This debate has nothing to do with IQ - that is, if you're talking about the same IQ that psychologists speak of. There are high IQs on all sides of this argument. I suppose I could at least question your IQ, given that you persist in pursuing a very low rent form of argument that assumes that anyone who believes what you believe must have a high IQ and insist that anyone who doesn't, must be have a very low IQ. Also, you seem to enjoy pissing in the wind - another reason to question your IQ.
He used to constantly criticize people on this forum for using ad hominems in debates with him. He seems to have lowered his own standards.
Perhaps, it was his doppelgänger. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5351
Location: Vancouver, BC
polydigm wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Listen, you ultra-stupid fuck ... you're far BEYOND stupid ...
It's quite obvious that I'm not and also that you're not, that's why I called you a fuck head and not a stupid fuck head. There are some very affable stupid people. You are neither affable nor stupid. This debate has nothing to do with IQ - that is, if you're talking about the same IQ that psychologists speak of. There are high IQs on all sides of this argument. I suppose I could at least question your IQ, given that you persist in pursuing a very low rent form of argument that assumes that anyone who believes what you believe must have a high IQ and insist that anyone who doesn't, must be have a very low IQ. Also, you seem to enjoy pissing in the wind - another reason to question your IQ.


So...statistical FACTS are, "a very low rent form of argument"?! Really?! Shit, it's quite obvious you're even dumber than I thought...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6811
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Disco Boy wrote:
So...statistical FACTS are, "a very low rent form of argument"?!

I did not say they were, although they’re generally open to several interpretations - some more plausible than others.
Disco Boy wrote:
Really?! Shit, it's quite obvious you're even dumber than I thought...

This is the low rent I’m referring to.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5228
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
Trump, as an inspiration...
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/zealand-mosques-attack-suspect-praised-trump-manifesto-190315100143150.html

:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5228
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
Let's have a laugh
https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/watch/status-report-from-mueller-indicates-trump-s-legal-woes-are-far-from-over-1459154499906
:mrgreen:

...wondering what sleeping pill he's taking to get some rest ?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5228
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
So... there's a POTUS who claims that if things don't go his way, there will be violence from some "groups".
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/commentisfree/2019/mar/16/donald-trump-breitbart-interview-white-supremacy
Looks like threats and menaces to me.

I can't help but imagine that a Civil War may be on the way. Number 2 indeed.
His loyal fans, looking like those supemacists in Germany in the 30's, may rise to the occasion.
Those alt-right supremacists can't stand to have their vision of a pure white caucasian (aryan ?) nation mingling with others.
Hate is sitting on the Throne now.
De-evolution of human kind.
With a not yet evoluted human like him, given all that power, it's bound to happen it seems...

I can very well imagine the riots, shootings, and all sort of troubles happening in that ol' Divided States of America.
And I can picture Russia openly laughing.
Reinforcing the idea that, after all, collusion or not, Trump was working for Russia.
:evil:

Honestly, I can't find an argument that could defend Trump. For you stupids out there, Presidency is not only an economic affair.
I sense Trump's fans in this forum will stay pretty quiet if it happens this way...

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 295
Location: USA
Motor cycle gangs? I’ll get my pool cue.
(Reference to Rolling Stones and Altamont)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5228
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
Seems pretty stupid, yeah...
But we're not at the bottom of the stupidity barrel yet.
:smoke:

Trump now is a trapped animal.
He'll stop at nothing. He's so sure he's right and the rest of the world is wrong.

:roll:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5351
Location: Vancouver, BC
polydigm wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
So...statistical FACTS are, "a very low rent form of argument"?!

I did not say they were, although they’re generally open to several interpretations - some more plausible than others.


But you essentially did...because that's all I was pointing out. Then you went on a tangent about "low rent" dialogue, which was totally missing my point. Statistical FACTS are FACTS and are NOT open to interpretation at all. You either choose to accept them or ignore them (most of this forum choose to completely ignore them).

polydigm wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Really?! Shit, it's quite obvious you're even dumber than I thought...

This is the low rent I’m referring to.


Well, I don't think you're smart (and because of other reasons too, especially your previous comments about socialism, etc.). Sorry. What am I supposed to say?! That you are smart when I don't think you are?!

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 1875
Thanks goodness its me turn to fuck Donald up the Arse today

there is a calendar schedule you know :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6811
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Disco Boy wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
So...statistical FACTS are, "a very low rent form of argument"?!

I did not say they were, although they’re generally open to several interpretations - some more plausible than others.

But you essentially did...because that's all I was pointing out. Then you went on a tangent about "low rent" dialogue, which was totally missing my point.

It's hardly a tangent to point out that you use ad hominem in your political posts. If you really care about people getting your points, there are ways of getting them across other than alienating the people your talking to by telling them they're stupid fucks.

Disco Boy wrote:
Statistical FACTS are FACTS and are NOT open to interpretation at all. You either choose to accept them or ignore them (most of this forum choose to completely ignore them).

You do know what the field of statistical analysis entails, don't you? You're saying that there's a sole correlation between the statistics you believe are favourable to your ideology and Donald Trump as president. The validity of your assumed correlation is not an absolute fact and has a probability that could be compared with the validity of other possible correlations, in fact in a world this complex, the most likely scenario is multiple correlations in combination.

polydigm wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Really?! Shit, it's quite obvious you're even dumber than I thought...

This is the low rent I’m referring to.

Disco Boy wrote:
Well, I don't think you're smart (and because of other reasons too, especially your previous comments about socialism, etc.). Sorry. What am I supposed to say?! That you are smart when I don't think you are?!

I certainly haven't asked you to say I'm smart and I'm past caring what you think about me. The point here is to demonstrate the fallacies of your reasoning and to highlight your Trump sycophancy.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7440
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
I had also never realized that phrases like "deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize" were "statistical facts". Still, with DB you live and learn.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 5228
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
HaHaHa !!!
And what have you learned ???
:? :? :?

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5351
Location: Vancouver, BC
polydigm wrote:
It's hardly a tangent to point out that you use ad hominem in your political posts. If you really care about people getting your points, there are ways of getting them across other than alienating the people your talking to by telling them they're stupid fucks.


It WAS a tangent. Especially since I wasn't using ad hominems. I was stating FACTS first and then any comments I made following those #s were beside the points made. You clearly do not know how to differentiate between opinions and FACTS. But then again, you're a moron. So this doesn't surprise me.

polydigm wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Statistical FACTS are FACTS and are NOT open to interpretation at all. You either choose to accept them or ignore them (most of this forum choose to completely ignore them).

You do know what the field of statistical analysis entails, don't you? You're saying that there's a sole correlation between the statistics you believe are favourable to your ideology and Donald Trump as president. The validity of your assumed correlation is not an absolute fact and has a probability that could be compared with the validity of other possible correlations, in fact in a world this complex, the most likely scenario is multiple correlations in combination.


Wtf are you rambling on about now?! FACTS are FACTS, regardless of who the administration in power currently is. And until you can PROVE those #s aren't correct, virtually NOTHING you state above is true. The burden of proof is on you.

polydigm wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Well, I don't think you're smart (and because of other reasons too, especially your previous comments about socialism, etc.). Sorry. What am I supposed to say?! That you are smart when I don't think you are?!

I certainly haven't asked you to say I'm smart and I'm past caring what you think about me. The point here is to demonstrate the fallacies of your reasoning and to highlight your Trump sycophancy.


If that was your point, then you've FAILED miserably.

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6811
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Caputh wrote:
... Still, with DB you live and learn.

As Mij asked, I'd also like to know, what have you learned?

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472, 473 ... 493  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group