Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16533
Plook wrote:
My guess is if Cal found a joke from his mother funny... Oh Ma ha... :mrgreen:


From the man who finds TMZ funny. Ugh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 17092
Location: LumberTruckWest
calvin2hikers wrote:
Haha, the West Coast is left out.


Only in the first leg, man. 8) And stop laughing at us. :P

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 32513
Location: Somewhere in time
calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:
My guess is if Cal found a joke from his mother funny... Oh Ma ha... :mrgreen:


From the man who finds TMZ funny. Ugh.



TMZ is hilarous...you'll love... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16533
Plook wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:
My guess is if Cal found a joke from his mother funny... Oh Ma ha... :mrgreen:


From the man who finds TMZ funny. Ugh.



TMZ is hilarous...you'll love... :mrgreen:


We've been through this. It's horrible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 32513
Location: Somewhere in time
Your not watching the right show the writers are funny as hell, the ad libs are good too... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 17092
Location: LumberTruckWest
Plook wrote:
Your not watching the right show the writers are funny as hell, the ad libs are good too... :idea:

TMZ thread? Go for it!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 35
Jambase posted some of the dates.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/123356/ ... nniversary

The first leg of the tour, which takes place in North America with a focus on the South and Midwest will be announced later today, though some dates have already surfaced. Master classes taught by Dweezil wil also be offered at many tour stops. Tickets for most shows go on sale this Friday, November 21 at 10 a.m. local time.

Here's a list of the dates that have been announced by the venues thus far. Check back later for possible additions and expect additional legs to be announced in the future.

4/3 - Royal Oak, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theatre
4/4 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
4/6 - Munhall, PA @ Carnegie of Homestead Music Hall
4/9 - Portland, ME @ State Theatre
4/14 - Alexandria, VA @ Birchmere
4/15 - Knoxville, TN @ US Cellular Stage at Bijou
4/16 - Birmingham, AL @ Iron City
4/20 - St. Louis, MO @ Plush St. Louis
4/26 - Tucson, AZ @ Rialto Theatre
4/29 - Dallas, TX @ House Of Blues
5/3 - Houston, TX @ House Of Blues
5/5 - Jackson, MS @ Duling Hall
5/6 - Athens, GA @ Georgia Theatre
5/7 - Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
5/8 - Charlotte, NC @ Neighborhood Theatre
5/9 - Richmond, VA @ The National
5/10 - Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:35 pm
Posts: 291
lisab wrote:
4/3 - Royal Oak, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theatre
4/4 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
4/6 - Munhall, PA @ Carnegie of Homestead Music Hall
4/9 - Portland, ME @ State Theatre
4/14 - Alexandria, VA @ Birchmere
4/15 - Knoxville, TN @ US Cellular Stage at Bijou
4/16 - Birmingham, AL @ Iron City
4/20 - St. Louis, MO @ Plush St. Louis
4/26 - Tucson, AZ @ Rialto Theatre
4/29 - Dallas, TX @ House Of Blues
5/3 - Houston, TX @ House Of Blues
5/5 - Jackson, MS @ Duling Hall
5/6 - Athens, GA @ Georgia Theatre
5/7 - Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
5/8 - Charlotte, NC @ Neighborhood Theatre
5/9 - Richmond, VA @ The National
5/10 - Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live


I see a lot of open dates around Tucson, Chumcloud. Any chance of slipping an Albuquerque date in there?

_________________
"Republicans stand for raw, unbridled evil and greed and ignorance, smothered in balloons and ribbons."
~ Frank Zappa
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 17092
Location: LumberTruckWest
Tucson A-Z. 501 miles away from me :|

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 151
3/31/15 Buffalo, NY University At Buffalo Center For The Arts

4/1/15 Terrebonne, QC Theatre du Vieux-Terrebonne

4/2/15 Mississauga, ON Living Arts Centre - Hammerson Hall

4/3/15 Detroit, MI Royal Oak Music Theatre

4/4/15 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall

4/6/15 Munhall, PA Carnegie

4/7/15 Albany, NY The Egg

4/8/15 Northampton, MA Calvin Theatre

4/9/15 Portland, ME State Theatre

4/10/15 Ridgefield, CT Ridgefield Playhouse

4/11/15 Glenside, PA Keswick Theatre

4/12/15 Boston, MA Berklee Performance Center

4/14/15 Alexandria, VA Birchmere

4/15/15 Knoxville, TN Bijou Theatre

4/16/15 Birmingham, AL Iron City

4/18/15 Atlanta, GA Variety Playhouse

4/20/15 St. Louis, MO Plush

4/21/15 Chicago, IL Concord Music Hall

4/23/15 Denver, CO Colorado Symphony

4/24/15 Salt Lake City, UT The Depot

4/25/15 Las Vegas, NV Brooklyn Bowl Vegas

4/26/15 Tucson, AZ Rialto Theatre

4/28/15 Oklahoma City, OK ACM @ UCO Performance Lab

4/29/15 Dallas, TX House Of Blues - Dallas

4/30/15 San Antonio, TX Aztec Theatre

5/1/15 Austin, TX Emo's Austin

5/3/15 Houston, TX House Of Blues - Houston

5/5/15 Jackson, MS Duling Hall

5/6/15 Athens, GA Georgia Theatre

5/7/15 Nashville, TN Marathon

5/8/15 Charlotte, NC Neighborhood Theatre

5/9/15 Richmond, VA The National

5/10/15 Baltimore, MD Rams Head Live!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 17092
Location: LumberTruckWest
Viva Las Vegas! The Brooklyn Bowl has the event up. Tickets onsale Friday Nov 21st.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 32513
Location: Somewhere in time
Let's get everyone we can at that Vegas show...PIB, Kap, KU, OC, Dove, who's in???... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 151
I was just at Brooklyn Bowl in Vegas. Cool place to see the show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 32513
Location: Somewhere in time
chumcloud wrote:
I was just at Brooklyn Bowl in Vegas. Cool place to see the show.



Dam Chum if you show up and join the posse we can get some VIP action by proxy... :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 17092
Location: LumberTruckWest
Plook wrote:
chumcloud wrote:
I was just at Brooklyn Bowl in Vegas. Cool place to see the show.



Dam Chum if you show up and join the posse we can get some VIP action by proxy... :wink:

I looked and it's on a Saturday with $40GA or $75VIP. I'd better start saving. Gas and a room will be a big expense.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5261
Location: Vancouver, BC
Based on the above dates, I guess that means the West Coast, other parts of the Midwest and Metro NYC/NJ will get hit in the summer or fall?

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:33 am
Posts: 151
There will definitely be a fall leg that will be as long or longer
Summer stuff is still up in the air. Larger puzzle with a potential long overdue return to Europe hopefully.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: where the dogs roll by
This is fantastic news. OSFA is always in my top 3, and sometimes number 1!

Please play the State Theater in New Brunswick again.

_________________
I can't tell when you're telling the truth.
>I'm not.
How do I know anything you've said to me is...
>You don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:42 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: The Short Forest
Awesome :!: . Grabbed a ticket @ the box office this afternoon for 3/31 Buffalo(UB Amherst). 42.50, & no service charge. Venue recently changed to tickets.com. You think ticketmaster is bad? They are even higher online.
Good seats seemed to be moving quick, probably early bird online. I'm about halfway back on the floor, near soundboard. I figured that's better sound-wise than 4-5 rows from stage but far left or far right which can have obstructed view and/or worse sound.
Had third row right in front of Bozzio there in '06, and way up in balcony for the RTF tour in '11.

Sort of wish this show was first come first serve seating like Palace Theater in Syracuse a few months ago, but this works. Sound is always great in there.
First show of tour too :shock: . The good part is that they could play some obscure random tune with a few clams that gets dropped after the first night & no one else gets. Bad part is that opening night DZ could have "gear issues" from a crazy flight as happened @ Rochester Jazzfest '12. Hopefully they have all afternoon to do a full soundcheck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:09 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Off the Beaten Path...
jaypfunk wrote:
Very very cool. OSFA is in my top 5 FZ records.

sleeping in a jar wrote:
This is fantastic news. OSFA is always in my top 3, and sometimes number 1!

I'm with ya'll on this.

This is very exciting news(insert dancing pumpkin smilie) except....the west/northwest gets pooted on (insert barfing pumpkin smilie)

_________________
Oh well, you'll go anyplace, you'll do anything
Oh you'll give me your underpants
"I hope these aren't yours, buddy...
They're very nice, though..."


~FZ from The Blue Light


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 4532
Location: Approaching Death
Was hoping to take my son, but Marathon is 18 and over.

You going Grim? We could meet up and eat before the show.

_________________
"Everything dies baby that's a fact
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 32513
Location: Somewhere in time
Come to Las Vegas, trying to get others to meet there PIB is interested as well as codave, come folks let's do this!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:09 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Off the Beaten Path...
blsabob23 wrote:
lisab wrote:
4/3 - Royal Oak, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theatre
4/4 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
4/6 - Munhall, PA @ Carnegie of Homestead Music Hall
4/9 - Portland, ME @ State Theatre
4/14 - Alexandria, VA @ Birchmere
4/15 - Knoxville, TN @ US Cellular Stage at Bijou
4/16 - Birmingham, AL @ Iron City
4/20 - St. Louis, MO @ Plush St. Louis
4/26 - Tucson, AZ @ Rialto Theatre
4/29 - Dallas, TX @ House Of Blues
5/3 - Houston, TX @ House Of Blues
5/5 - Jackson, MS @ Duling Hall
5/6 - Athens, GA @ Georgia Theatre
5/7 - Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
5/8 - Charlotte, NC @ Neighborhood Theatre
5/9 - Richmond, VA @ The National
5/10 - Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live


I see a lot of open dates around Tucson, Chumcloud. Any chance of slipping an Albuquerque date in there?

Looks like they'll need some down time before that 7-shows-in-8-days race across the southeast!

_________________
Oh well, you'll go anyplace, you'll do anything
Oh you'll give me your underpants
"I hope these aren't yours, buddy...
They're very nice, though..."


~FZ from The Blue Light


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 3092
Location: Topsham, Maine
coevad wrote:
ImaginaryDiseases


This was the show opener on the first tour when I saw them in Boston. Still one of my favorite songs they play.
I would really love to see it return.

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 17092
Location: LumberTruckWest
BillyDaMt wrote:
coevad wrote:
ImaginaryDiseases


This was the show opener on the first tour when I saw them in Boston. Still one of my favorite songs they play.
I would really love to see it return.

It was the opener at my first show also. I'll never forget that night at HOB Disney 2006.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group