Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 19605
Location: LumberTruckWest
dove_grey wrote:
T'was an excellent show, I say....were you with Plook's party? Or did someone tell me who you were and I just forgot? Oh well, wonderful show all the way around.

I did not attend.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 4532
Location: Approaching Death
coevad wrote:
dove_grey wrote:
T'was an excellent show, I say....were you with Plook's party? Or did someone tell me who you were and I just forgot? Oh well, wonderful show all the way around.

I did not attend.


He is helping all us unfortunates to see what we missed. :wink:

_________________
"Everything dies baby that's a fact
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 36856
Location: Somewhere in time
This gig was excellent, do not let that set list fool you like I almost did, they have taken the weaving of the songs together to a new level and this recipe is a 10... :smoke:

Dave and I did see the Roxy show together opening night, met a guy in SLO who was also at the Roxy when we went and took him out to dinner with us, he was very nice... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
September 10
Louisville, KY
Mercury Ballroom


The Gumbo Variations
Call Any Vegetable
Son of Suzy Creamcheese
Who Needs the Peace Corps?
Mother People
Tell Me You Love Me
City of Tiny Lights
Eat That Question
Zoot Allures
Dirty Love
Apostrophe
Cosmik Debris
Camarillo Brillo
Montana
RDNZL
Teenage Prostitute
Florentine Pogen

Dinah-Moe Humm
Muffin Man

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Last edited by Disco Boy on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 19605
Location: LumberTruckWest
Disco Boy wrote:
September 10
Louisville, KY
Mercury Ballroom


The Gumbo Variations
Call Any Vegetable
Son of Suzy Creamcheese
Who Needs the Peace Corps?
Mother People
Tell Me You Love Me
City of Tiny Lights
Zoot Allures
Apostrophe
Cosmik Debris
Camarillo Brillo
Dirty Love
Montana
RDNZL
Teenage Prostitute
Florentine Pogen

Dinah-Moe Humm
Muffin Man

Setlist.fm has Dirty Love earlier. Eat That Question before Zoot.
Whoever posted it has Muffin Man listed as a Zappa/Beefheart cover so....

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/zappa-pla ... f881e.html

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 19605
Location: LumberTruckWest
Set List for the Kalamzoo Show 9/9/14

Gumbo Variations

Suzy Creamcheese

Call Any Vegetable

Tell Me You Love Me

Who Needs the Peace Corps?

Mother People

Eat That Question

Zoot Alures

Dirty Love

Florentine Pogen

Cosmik Debris

Camarillo Brillo

Drum Solo - We'll call this 'Ryan is a MONSTER'

RDNZL

Montana

Teenage Prostitute

Apostrophe

Zomby Woof

Encore:

Black Napkins

Dinah Moe Humm

I'm the Slime

thanks TQ from DZW

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
coevad wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
September 10
Louisville, KY
Mercury Ballroom


The Gumbo Variations
Call Any Vegetable
Son of Suzy Creamcheese
Who Needs the Peace Corps?
Mother People
Tell Me You Love Me
City of Tiny Lights
Zoot Allures
Apostrophe
Cosmik Debris
Camarillo Brillo
Dirty Love
Montana
RDNZL
Teenage Prostitute
Florentine Pogen

Dinah-Moe Humm
Muffin Man

Setlist.fm has Dirty Love earlier. Eat That Question before Zoot.
Whoever posted it has Muffin Man listed as a Zappa/Beefheart cover so....

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/zappa-pla ... f881e.html


Not in the previous edit. :wink: But what you have is probably correct, considering the Kalamazoo setlist is so similar. So I've changed it...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 19605
Location: LumberTruckWest
Raleigh, NC

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/zappa-pla ... fe82f.html

it's too hot to type.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
September 12
Raleigh, NC
Lincoln Theater


The Gumbo Variations
Son of Suzy Creamcheese
Call Any Vegetable
Tell Me You Love Me
Who Needs the Peace Corps?
Mother People
Eat That Question
Zoot Allures
Dirty Love
Florentine Pogen (followed by unscheduled blues interlude)
City of Tiny Lights
Cosmik Debris
Camarillo Brillo
Drum Solo
RDNZL
Montana
Teenage Prostitute
Apostrophe
Zomby Woof

Dinah-Moe Humm
Muffin Man

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 19605
Location: LumberTruckWest
Well done.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 19605
Location: LumberTruckWest
Sept. 14th
Ziggy's By The Sea
Willmington, NC


The Gumbo Variations
Son of Suzy Creamcheese
Call Any Vegetable
Tell Me You Love Me
Who Needs the Peace Corps?
Mother People
Eat That Question
Zoot Allures
Dirty Love
Peg (Steely Dan cover excerpt)
Florentine Pogen
Cosmik Debris
Camarillo Brillo
Drum Solo
RDNZL
Montana
Teenage Prostitute
Apostrophe
I'm The Slime
Zomby Woof

Black Napkins
Dinah-Moe Humm
Muffin Man

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 45
coevad wrote:
Sept. 14th
Ziggy's By The Sea
Willmington, NC


The Gumbo Variations
Son of Suzy Creamcheese
Call Any Vegetable
Tell Me You Love Me
Who Needs the Peace Corps?
Mother People
Eat That Question
Zoot Allures
Dirty Love
Peg (Steely Dan cover excerpt)
Florentine Pogen
Cosmik Debris
Camarillo Brillo
Drum Solo
RDNZL
Montana
Teenage Prostitute
Apostrophe
I'm The Slime
Zomby Woof

Black Napkins
Dinah-Moe Humm
Muffin Man


Here's a recording of the 9/14 show.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=575126


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 19605
Location: LumberTruckWest
Careful.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group