Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 pm 

jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
Because she has burned her bridge with Cal, as she has with so many others whom previously had worked for Frank.

Come on Jimmie, you're the one so picky about people's grammar around here. It's "who previously had worked for Frank".
Apply the he/him test. If you were saying Cal is the person with whom she burnt her bridges then she burnt her bridges with him => whom. If you were saying there are so many others who previously had worked for Frank then they had worked for Frank => who.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:39 pm 

besides little things like "teh" or obvious misspellings...wait, no, i take that back. about the grammar....

WHO THE FUCK CARES????

it's a forum, most folks around here are guilty of a misstep now and then that have something to do with the abc's. you'll get no argument from me that education in america is seriously lacking. yes,one of my pet peeves is bad spelling and grammar, but i've learned it's what you'd call RUDE to constantly correct or point out such mistakes. drop it. now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:31 am 

dove_grey wrote:
WHO THE FUCK CARES????

Is that aimed at me? If so, be sure I don't care either. Have you not noticed how many times Jimmie D has given grammar lessons on this forum? I'm just having a dig at him and no-one else.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:43 pm 

Hello. We are animation filmmakers from Russia and would like kindly to ask to use some Zappa songs for one short animation. It's non commercial project with zero budget. I think that visually it's very "Zapping" – quite crazy and funny with a great artistic work, and I hope Zappa's fans will enjoy of this film.
I will be happy if someone can help me with the contact of "Zappa Family Trust".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:15 pm 

svirskaia wrote:
Hello. We are animation filmmakers from Russia and would like kindly to ask to use some Zappa songs for one short animation...

dear mr. svirskaia:

i am mr. quentin r. maguba, west continental regional manager, bills & exchange at the foreign remittance
department of the nigerian branch of the wells fargo bank of america, one of the largest international banks
in the world, and am writing this letter to ask for your support and cooperation to carry out a unique and
time-sensitive business opportunity in my department

we discovered a previously undisclosed sum of
85,002,120 [eighty five million two thousand one hundred and
twenty euros] in an apparently abandoned account that belonged to one of our nigerian customers who died
along with his entire family of a wife and three children in november 2014 in a plane crash while trying to fly
over the mountains of montana

unfortunately, neither family member nor distant relative has ever appeared to claim the said fund; upon this
discovery, i and other wells fargo bank officials in my department also discovered the deceased held the rights
to use
zappa songs for one short animation, have agreed to make business with you and not only release
the total amount into your account since no one came for it or discovered he maintained account with
our bank, but also transfer full authorization of ownership of the zappa songs for one short animation,
otherwise all will be returned to the banks' treasury as unclaimed estate ...

we have agreed that our ratio of sharing will be as stated thus; 49% for you as foreign partner, 44½ % for
us the officials in my department and 6½ % for the settlement of all local and foreign expenses incurred
by us and you during the course of this business

to commence this transaction, under u.s., nigerian and international banking laws, we require you to
immediately send me the nominal sum
85,002.12 to enable us to file a letter of claim to the appropriate
departments for necessary approvals before the transfer can be made

note also, this transaction must be kept strictly confidential because of its nature

looking forward to receiving your prompt response

dr. quentin r. muguba
wells fargo bank international
west continental regional office [wcro]
82-419 lake chad crescent
maabuja, nigeria
telex: [051] 100_914_04190 0914z n¥×$ttlžžx ×c
tel: +234 : 91 4 41914 811; 70 40 555 818 ext 419

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:16 am 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:54 am 

I'm down wit da vinacular and what you gwine become, sometimes :wink: cow do make da hams!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6