Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 796  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:03 pm 

I could'nt agree more. If we haven't already passed the point of no return, we are dangerously close. The solutions, if there is even still a chance for them to work, are going to be difficult and painful, at least in regards to the level of comfort and convenience that we've all grown accustomed to.

Deregulation is like more nails in the living worlds coffin.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:33 pm 

In in other news......

10,000 troops leaving Afghanistan this year: report
Details of US withdrawal plans emerge ahead of Obama's primetime address

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43471826/ns ... ntral_asia

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is expected to withdraw roughly 10,000 U.S. troops from Afghanistan this year, with one brigade of about 5,000 forces leaving this summer and a second brigade of similar size coming home by the end of the year, a senior U.S. defense official said Tuesday.

Obama is also weighing a timetable for bringing home the 20,000 other "surge" troops he ordered to Afghanistan as part of his December 2009 decision to send reinforcements to reverse the Taliban's battlefield momentum.

CNN reported Tuesday that Obama is expected to announce that those troops will be withdrawn by the end of 2012.

Ahead of his primetime address Wednesday on U.S. plans for Afghanistan, Obama called Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to the White House Tuesday for an Afghanistan strategy session.

Obama will address the nation at 8 p.m. EDT, the White House said.

James Carney, Obama's press secretary, said the president finalized his decision on the Afghan drawdown Tuesday afternoon and that earlier reports were just "speculation," NBC News reported.

Carney said Obama would deliver his speech in primetime so he could "reach the American people and explain his decision," which is more easily done at night, NBC News reported.

Aides have said Obama wants to ensure that the drawdown set to begin next month puts the U.S. on a path toward giving Afghans control of their own security by 2014.

Obama was given a range of options for the withdrawal last week by Gen. David Petraeus, the top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan. The military favors a gradual reduction in troops but other advisers are advocating a significant decrease in the coming months.

The president has said he favors a significant withdrawal, but his advisers have not quantified that statement.

At a Democratic fundraiser in Washington Monday night, Obama said that by the end of the year, "we will be transitioning in Afghanistan to turn over more and more security to the Afghan people."

Following the announcement on the drawdown, Obama will visit troops Thursday at Fort Drum, the upstate New York military base that is home to the 10th Mountain Division, one of the most frequently deployed divisions to Afghanistan and Iraq.

How fast a drawdown debated

While much of the attention is focused on how many troops will leave Afghanistan next month, the more telling aspects of Obama's decision center on what happens after July, particularly how long the president plans to keep the surge forces in the country.

Military commanders want to keep as many of those forces in Afghanistan for as long as possible, arguing that too fast a withdrawal could undermine the fragile security gains in the fight against the Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan, the al-Qaida training ground for the Sept. 11 attacks. There are also concerns about pulling out a substantial number of U.S. forces as the heightened summer fighting season gets under way.

Gates has said he believes the initial drawdown should be "modest."

But other advisers backed a more significant withdrawal that starts in July and proceeds steadily through the following months. That camp believes the slow yet steady security gains in Afghanistan, combined with the death of Osama bin Laden and U.S. success in dismantling much of the al-Qaida network in the country, give the president an opportunity to make larger reductions this year.

Gates, who is retiring from the Pentagon next week, has said Obama's decision needs to incorporate domestic concerns about the war in Afghanistan into his decision on drawing down American troops there.

"It goes without saying that there are a lot of reservations in the Congress about the war in Afghanistan and our level of commitment. There are concerns among the American people who are tired of a decade of war," Gates said during a news conference at the State Department Tuesday.

Twenty-seven senators, Democrats as well as Republicans, sent Obama a letter last week pressing for a shift in Afghanistan strategy and major troop cuts.

"Given our successes, it is the right moment to initiate a sizable and sustained reduction in forces, with the goal of steadily redeploying all regular combat troops," the senators wrote. "The costs of prolonging the war far outweigh the benefits."

McCain: We can get the war 'wrapped up'

Arizona Sen. John McCain, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, differed with that assessment. He told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday that he agreed with Gates in hoping the withdrawal would be "modest."

"I believe that one more fighting season and we can get this thing pretty well wrapped up," McCain said.

There is broad public support for starting to withdraw U.S. troops. According to an Associated Press-GfK poll last month, 80 percent of Americans say they approve of Obama's decision to begin withdrawal of combat troops in July and end U.S. combat operations in Afghanistan by 2014. Just 15 percent disapprove.

Obama has tripled the number of U.S. forces in Afghanistan since taking office, bringing the total there to about 100,000. The 30,000-troop surge he announced at the end of 2009 came with the condition that he would start bringing forces home in July 2011.

The president took months to settle on the surge strategy. This time around, aides say the process is far less formal and Obama is far more knowledgeable about the situation in Afghanistan than he was in 2009, his first year in office.

With the troop withdrawal set to begin next month, U.S. officials in Afghanistan said Tuesday they will shift their development priorities from quick-impact stability programs run by international agencies to infrastructure and economic growth projects that can be run by Afghans over the long term.

Officials speaking at a background briefing at the Kabul embassy said hydroelectric dams, roads, gas fields, mines, and increased agricultural production will be the focus of their efforts as the end of 2014 approaches, the president's promised deadline for the withdrawal of all combat troops.

There are also indications that the administration, having learned from the U.S. experience in Iraq, will set deadline dates for the drawdown as it progresses, in order to keep pressure on the Afghans and give Congress mileposts.

With Iraq as a blueprint, commanders will need time to figure out what they call "battlefield geometry" — what types of troops are needed where. Those could include trainers, intelligence officers, special operations forces, various support units — from medical and construction to air transport — as well as combat troops.

Much of that will depend on where the Afghan security forces are able to take the lead, as well as the state of the insurgency. Part of the debate will also require commanders to determine the appropriate ratio of trainers versus combat troops.

People will react to this news in three ways. There will be those who complain that the reductions aren't enough, there will be thoughs who will complain that it's too many, then there are those of us in or near the middle will believe that this is good news.

In the overall ultimate BIG PICTURE that the world faces in regards to environmentally related mass extinctions, as I posted above at the top of this page, there are by far, bigger and more pressing issues than "greater vs lesser evil" arguments that will have the ultimate ramifications for every living organism on the planet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:08 pm 

Why not wait for the actual facts to come out, hyperbole, innuendo, and just plain guessing the facts is boring enough in the media much less here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:15 pm 

Well obviously, some people just can't be bothered with inconveniences such as "fucking lame" facts, and would rather stick to the lies that they've allowed themselves to be programmed to believe, and/or at the very least, try to peddle and reiterate them upon everybody in some twisted form of self-fulfillment. There are far bigger issues in play with real global ramifications that trump everything else, including wars, money, politics, greater/lesser evilism's and religion. Plain and simple, you're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

...and here comes the piddle peddling of twisted self-fulfillment, 'long wif a two-week supply of IGNINT McNUGGET, de breakfast o' champiums......

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:53 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
You're either the problem or the solution.
You can say that again :oops:

NATO Admits Killing Civilians in Tripoli Attack
Claims 'Weapons System Failure' in Attack Which
Killed Toddlers

I made the words RED like blood so you could see 'em...not that it'll have any effect on you.

"NATO said the attack was targeting a missile site but instead hit a house full of civilians, saying they “regret the loss of innocent civilian lives”

Voting for more toddler killing SPACEBROTHER?

Is that a problem?

We should be like you and vote for the toddler killer?

I'll vote for killing some more toddlers, that's not being part of the problem, it's a DEMOCRAT killing the toddlers in the illegal war he decided to enter by HIMSELF, out Bushing Bush and not even consulting congress before ILLEGALLY attacking with multimillion dollars of bombs.

King Obama, the toddler killer.
No problem at all.

We should ALL vot for Obama, the toddler killer, that's not being part of the problem, is it.

Toddler killers are good, as long as they're DEMOCRAT toddler killers.

Good thing it wasn't your house huh SPACEBROTHER, phew, good thing it was somebody else!
NATO Admits Missile Hit a Civilian Home in Tripoli

"Reporters taken to the site and a nearby hospital saw at least five bodies, including those of a baby and a child. Libyan officials said at least four more civilians were killed.

When the journalists arrived, a body was sitting in an open ambulance. Another was carried out as emergency workers and neighborhood men pulled away the wreckage of a large cinderblock home. A short while later, reporters were taken to the Tripoli hospital and shown the bodies of a third adult and a baby, laid alongside the first two. A small child arrived on a stretcher, dead either on arrival or soon after. All the bodies appeared caked in dust from the rubble."

Good DEMOCRAT killing.

Good.

No problem at all...

Voting for more of thsat is NOT being part of the problem, is is..

The toddler killer, one of the "greatest Presidents in US history," huh SPACEBROTHER.

We should ALL vote for more toddler killing, that's not being part of the problem at all, is it SPACEBROTHER.

VOTE OBAMA 2012!

What's a few toddlers anyways, as long as they're not you, huh SPACEBROTHER.
That's GOOD DEMOCRAT killing.

That killing brings peace and democracy, THOSE DEMOCRAT bombs are GOOD...GO BLUE TEAM, GO SPACEBROTHER, Go OBAMA THE GOOD TODDLER KILLER :lol:

Voting for more senseless toddler killing, that's not being part of the problem :roll:

I got it right now :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:04 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
...and here comes the piddle peddling of twisted self-fulfillment, 'long wif a two-week supply of IGNINT McNUGGET, de breakfast o' champiums......

See. I told you so. It only took a mere 38 minutes. Back to calling us baby killers again eh? How does that McMuffin taste baddy?

As I said, there are far bigger issues in play with real global ramifications that trump everything else, including wars, money, politics, greater/lesser evilism's and religion. Plain and simple, you're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

The death of a toddler from a NATO strike sucks, but the mass extinction of all of the rest of the toddlers on Earth plus all other life forms, all because baddy helps fund the corporations causing it all really sucks. Hope your cheeseburger was worth it dude. The day baddy stops giving money to all corporations who not only profit from the wars he's so against, but also profit from the complete annihilation of every living species, including toddlers, will be the day I will take him seriously. Until that day comes, he is an equal opportunity contributor to the death of the toddler from the NATO strike, whether he admits it or not.

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
In in other news......

10,000 troops leaving Afghanistan this year: report
Details of US withdrawal plans emerge ahead of Obama's primetime address

Yeah send in 67, 000 on top of the 33, 000 already there, and pull 10, 000...that's a drawdown, huh SB..

And fuck the drones that are killing thousands, we don't count that civillian killing by drones do we SB.

And Gates says pull troops but "leave the shooters."

How easily some are fooled...

Besides, you said you'd criticize Bush, I mean Obama if the war wasn't OVER BY JULY...Well, it's July and the war is not over..

You gonna keep your word now and criticize Bush, I mean Obama? Or are you gonna go back on your word.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
See. I told you so. It only took a mere 38 minutes. How does that McMuffin taste baddy? A toddler dies with every bite you take. Even mass global extinctions won't stop a fool and his McNugget eating frenzy.

That's your response?
Of course I objected to your support of Obomba the toddler killer...and that's all you can say in response to all I wrote above???

That's your defense of voting for the toddler killer that we all should follow?

I rest my case.

Now that IS motherfucking lame.

Evil is ugly...as ugly as evil.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 pm 

Yes, that was my response. I see you require the longer version to further make you look like the clown you make yourself out to be.

But first and formost, to bolster your case.........The day baddy stops giving his money to corporations who not only profit from the very wars he's so against, but also profit from the complete annihilation of every living species, including toddlers, will be the day I will take him seriously. Until that day comes, he is just another equal opportunity contributor to the death of the toddler from the NATO strikes, whether he wants to admit it or not.

Simply, you are just as guilty as everybody else. You have no case. You never had a case and you never will. Regardless of who you vote for, or don't vote for, you are consequential in the war deaths of toddlers based on where you spend your money on consumption.

Until baddy grows his own food and livestock, supplies his own energy needs, makes his own cloths, digs his own well for water, builds his own communications system for internet/phone that is independant of all corporate carriers, then he actually will have a legitimate case. Otherwise, to send his own words that he directed towards me right back at him, he's a "fucking lame" hypocrit whose corporate teet suckling is precisely why toddlers die in wars.

Defunding the corporations will defund wars. Deregulation is the nail in everyones coffins. It doesn't take rocket science, or even 9th grade D average calculus to realise that number one ain't you, you ain't even number two.

As I said above to BRAVO, some people just can't be bothered with inconveniences such as facts. baddy just so happens to be another definition and prime example of that.

Thats my response and I made my point. Checkmate.

Billions served......

....and murdered........and baddy contributed, if not by voting, then certainly and simply by consuming. Perhaps baddy should just change his name to baddy McDonald, the cheeseburger eating OCD clown.

Enjoy your Big Mac baddy. Millions of people have died, including toddlers, just for your measily and pathetic luxeries, conveniences, and yes, your crappy ass cheeseburger. Hope you're proud of your hypocritical self.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:50 am 

Man robs bank to get medical care in jail

Some people who need medical care but can't afford it go to the emergency room. Others just hope they'll get better. James Richard Verone robbed a bank.

Earlier this month, Verone (pictured), a 59-year-old convenience store clerk, walked into a Gaston, N.C., bank and handed the cashier a note demanding $1 and medical attention. Then he waited calmly for police to show up.

He's now in jail and has an appointment with a doctor this week.

Verone's problems started when he lost the job he'd held for 17 years as a Coca Cola deliveryman, amid the economic downturn. He found new work driving a truck, but it didn't last. Eventually, he took a part-time position at the convenience store.

But Verone's body wasn't up to it. The bending and lifting made his back ache. He had problems with his left foot, making him limp. He also suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis.

Then he noticed a protrusion on his chest. "The pain was beyond the tolerance that I could accept," Verone told the Gaston Gazette. "I kind of hit a brick wall with everything."

Verone knew he needed help--and he didn't want to be a burden on his sister and brothers. He applied for food stamps, but they weren't enough either.

So he hatched a plan. On June 9, he woke up, showered, ironed his shirt. He mailed a letter to the Gazette, listing the return address as the Gaston County Jail.

"When you receive this a bank robbery will have been committed by me," Verone wrote in the letter. "This robbery is being committed by me for one dollar. I am of sound mind but not so much sound body."...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookou ... re-in-jail

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Well obviously, some people just can't be bothered with inconveniences such as "fucking lame" facts, and would rather stick to the lies that they've allowed themselves to be programmed to believe, and/or at the very least, try to peddle and reiterate them upon everybody in some twisted form of self-fulfillment. There are far bigger issues in play with real global ramifications that trump everything else, including wars, money, politics, greater/lesser evilism's and religion. Plain and simple, you're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

Or just blather and puke up shit that you know nothing about... just to sound like you have inside info? or...........................

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:41 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Why not wait for the actual facts to come out, hyperbole, innuendo, and just plain guessing the facts is boring enough in the media much less here.

And BRAVO SIERRA is right here...I forget to mention that last night when you did some 'mo of your baby killer promotin... How many will leave....ALL of them? I doubt it. And whatever the number is, HOW LONG will it take to remove that number? Months? Years?

Whatr gets me is how the dems want to believe so badly. Obama can fool them so easily by tossing them a bone, leabing the "shooters" and drones in..while the war grinds on and the killing continues.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
You have also used my recently deceased father in an argument against me.

...and insulted my father.

I don't think anyopne believes I did that as they never saw me do that, (although they did see me offer my condolonces after I saw you posted he died).

So who is it using your father's death here?

Post where I "used your deceaced father in an argument against you...or post where I insulted him.

I just needed to post that in case someone who didn't know what was going on before came in here, saw that, and believed you.

A little something to help SB's baddy attack posts go down:

And again, McDonalds sells hamburgers to our troops in Iraq, would you deny our troops a hamburger? Deny them a little piece of home and have them survive on rations on their THIRD tour in one of the war's they're fighting as a result of your Obomba voting advice?

McDonalds didn't order the troops into Obama's absolutely illegal one man decision war on Lybia, OBOMBA did...your hero who killed the toddlers the other day....would you have us vote for more Obomba? For MORE toddler killing? That's what you WANT us to vote for? More killing?

2 Top Lawyers Lost to Obama in Libya War Policy Debate

WASHINGTON — President Obama rejected the views of top lawyers at the Pentagon and the Justice Department when he decided that he had the legal authority to continue American military participation in the air war in Libya without Congressional authorization, according to officials familiar with internal administration deliberations.

He's a ONE MAN FUCKIN WAR PIG, that is clear...and you're promoting him at the cost of thousands of innocents lives.

You know ahead of time that thousands of troops and innocents, even women, toddlers and babies will be injured and KILLED as a result of your voting advice...yet you go ahead and advise it anyway. The high cost of not admitting you were wrong about obomba.

I define evil as when a person knows others will be hurt as a result of his action, and he goes ahead and does it anyway.

You know toddlers will be killed as a result of your vote and voting advice, yet got go ahead and do it anyway.
Folks who vote(d) for obomba because they thought he would end wars made a mistake, (he fostered that impression). Folks who promote obomba KNOWING AHEAD OF TIME that others will be hurt as a result of their action /advice, are in a different catagory from those who made a mistake.

This doesn't say The Justice Department told RONALD THE CLOWN:

Pentagon, Justice Dept Both Told Obama He Needed Authorization for Libya War
President Dismissed Legal Advice in Libya War Policy Debate

President Obama’s claims this week that the War Powers Act doesn’t apply to the Libyan War on the grounds that it falls short of “hostilities” sounded ridiculous when he made them. The behind the scenes debate that led to this announcement, however, was nothing short of incredible.

That’s because President Obama’s claim not only didn’t convince Congress, it didn’t convince his own legal advisers, and both the Pentagon and the Justice Department counsels told the president unequivocally that the war required Congressional approval.

It seems surprising, in retrospect, that President Obama even had to ask if dropping bombs on a country counted as “hostilities.” But having heard from his top legal minds that yes, these are “hostilities,” the unfathomable truth is that he simply decided to ignore it.

Could Obama Be Impeached for Waging War in Libya Without Approval of Congress?

video here
The New York Times recently broke the story that President Obama rejected the views of top administration lawyers when he decided he had the legal authority to continue U.S. military participation in the war in Libya without congressional authorization.

Gates Warns Congress Against Cutting Off Libya War Funding
Insists War Will Turn Out 'OK' If Allowed to Continue

Speaking today on CNN’s State of the Union, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates rejected the notion of Congress withholding funds from he Libyan War on legal grounds, saying it is “always a mistake” to cut off funding from an ongoing war.

Not to worry however, because even though officials have no idea when the war will actually end and don’t believe Congress has any oversight over the conflict, the outgoing Secretary Gates says he believes the war eventually “end ok” if it is allowed to continue

---------------------

Hey...wait a minute, didn't King Olair tell us the libya war would "last days, not weeks," hasn't it been months now with no end in sight? That little lying bit seems to be a common trait among evil, a little trick he picked up from Bush.

What was thay saying, "we won't get fooled again?"

Apparantly a few of us have been, eh SPACEBROTHER?

Meanwhile back in SPACEBROTHERS other illegal wars:

8 NATO troopers killed in 1 day in Afghanistan
KABUL, Afghanistan – NATO forces say an international service member has been killed in an insurgent attack in Afghanistan, making it the eighth person killed in one day.

NATO had previously reported three other service members died in fighting on Saturday. And the coalition said another four were killed in a vehicle accident.

NATO did not provide details on the incidents or the nationality of the dead, in keeping with a policy of waiting for national authorities to released such information.

The latest death brings the total to 38 NATO service members killed so far this month, and 244 for the year.

June 21, 2011

The Wars Come Home
The Traumatic Brain Injury Epidemic

By CONN HALLINAN

"We are facing a massive mental health problem as a result of our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. As a country we have not responded adequately to the problem. Unless we act urgently and wisely, we will be dealing with an epidemic of service related psychological wounds for years to come."

Bobby Muller, President Veterans for America

According to official Defense Department (DOD) figures, 332,000 soldiers have suffered brain injuries since 2000, although most independent experts estimate that the number is over 400,000. Many of these are mild traumatic brain injuries (mTBI), a term that is profoundly misleading.

As David Hovda, director of the Brain Injury Research Center at the University of California at Los Angeles, points out, "I don't know what makes it 'mild,' because it can evolve into anxiety disorders, personality changes, and depression." It can also set off a constellation of physical disabilities from chronic pain to sexual dysfunction and insomnia.

MORE HERE

Bring the troops home...ALL of them.
Vote for politicians who will order his generals to bring them home.
Even if it's politicians that can't afford hundreds of million dollars worth of fancy TV ads to razzle-dazzle you into thinking they're delicious.
Don't fall for the liars or the razzle dazzle, and tell your neighbors too not to fall for it.

Bring then home.

I got HW to do...back in a few days...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:44 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Or just blather and puke up shit that you know nothing about... just to sound like you have inside info? or...........................

I posted above that people will react in three ways to the announcement of Obama's plan to start pulling troops out of Afghanistan starting with 10,000, they'll either complain that it's not enough, it's too much, or those of us in the middle think it's great that he's putting an end to the mess created by Bush and the Republican party.

There is a fourth reaction obviously that I should mention here, that blatant racists will never accept any positive accomplishments by the "black man" in the White House.

This inside info you refer too can be found and read by anyone who cares and who has an intellect above that of a Bigoted Tea Party Redneck from SD.....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:18 am 

Keep it up lads, so I have all the time inking the comic... and colouring it...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 am 

baddy wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
You have also used my recently deceased father in an argument against me.

...and insulted my father.

I don't think anyopne believes I did that as they never saw me do that, (although they did see me offer my condolonces after I saw you posted he died).

So who is it using your father's death here?

Post where I "used your deceaced father in an argument against you...or post where I insulted him.

I just needed to post that in case someone who didn't know what was going on before came in here, saw that, and believed you.

After you went back and changed your post 3 times? Are you kidding? Before you changed your post, you drew a comparison between my dead father and the accusations of you blaming me for being a murderer because of how I vote.

But of course in typical baddy fashion......

Here is the post. As a note, baddy originally posted this on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:06 am and Last edited by baddy on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total, 5 hours after your original post. In typical lying hypocrit fashion, realising that he crossed a line, he went back and edited this post three times to cover his ass so he could repeatedly lie to everybody on the forum, as he always does.

baddy wrote:
A little something to help SB's baddy attack posts go down:

So what exactly does the salt represent? Your way of pouring salt on my wound after accusing me of being a murderer and insulting my dead father the same week he died?

You just can't help yourself can you?

baddy wrote:
And again, McDonalds sells hamburgers to our troops in Iraq, would you deny our troops a hamburger? Deny them a little piece of home and have them survive on rations on their THIRD tour in one of the war's they're fighting as a result of your Obomba voting advice?

McDonalds didn't order the troops into Obama's absolutely illegal one man decision war on Lybia, OBOMBA did...your hero who killed the toddlers the other day....would you have us vote for more Obomba? For MORE toddler killing? That's what you WANT us to vote for? More killing?

Way to distract, manipulate and use the typical Republican ploy by attempting to switch responsibility from yourself to the troops once again. A typical ploy of a hypocrit, liar and Republican.

Ultimately.......

Quote:
The day baddy stops giving his money to corporations who not only profit from the very wars he's so against, but also profit from the complete annihilation of every living species, including toddlers, will be the day I will take him seriously. Until that day comes, he is just another equal opportunity contributor to the death of the toddler from the NATO strikes, whether he wants to admit it or not.

Simply, you are just as guilty as everybody else. You have no case. You never had a case and you never will. Regardless of who you vote for, or don't vote for, you are consequential in the war deaths of toddlers based on where you spend your money on consumption.

Until baddy grows his own food and livestock, supplies his own energy needs, makes his own cloths, digs his own well for water, builds his own communications system for internet/phone that is independant of all corporate carriers, then he actually will have a legitimate case. Otherwise, to send his own words that he directed towards me right back at him, he's a "fucking lame" hypocrit whose corporate teet suckling is precisely why toddlers die in wars.

Defunding the corporations will defund wars. Deregulation is the nail in everyones coffins. Billions served..........and murdered........and baddy contributed, if not by voting, then certainly and simply by consuming.

Enjoy your Big Mac baddy. Millions of people have died, including toddlers, just for your measily and pathetic luxeries, conveniences, and yes, your crappy ass cheeseburger. Hope you're proud of your hypocritical self.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:55 am 

BBP wrote:

You called it in this post......

BBP wrote:
Baddy: you're not solving anything by visiting the Zappa.com forum and ranting on calling respected fellow forumers murderers. Don't kid yourself. What you're doing now is you're only pissing someone off who is dear to me.

And FYI: you're not "solving" the problem. You are approaching it and naming a scapegoat. I didn't want to put it that way literally in my initial post since I wanted you to figure it out for yourself, but apparently, like most people, unless it's spelled out with neat little graphics and tons of evidence you are not going to think anything that would require change of opinion.

That the scapegoat is a lot of people doesn't make a difference. Roots of the issue you address lie a lot deeper than you pinpoint, but you're now blaming millions of individuals simply because they hardly have a choice. Take a good hard look at the entire US voting system, the construction of the political and industrial system, the US market, the US position in the world, etc etc.
And listen a little more to FZ.

In the mean time, the least you could do is learn how to spell my name.

He obviously will never figure it out.

Looking forward to the cartoon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:17 am 

Looking forward to the comix BBP!

As for the baddy/Spacebrother battle...
baddy has proposed a difficult concept. One that forces a response. In support of your chosen politicians, how do their decisions reflect back on you, specifically, if a politician orders killings, does that make you a killer? Maybe baddy didn't call it out that specifically, but that it what I'm getting out of it. My response is: Yes, I have supported killings, whether one rationalizes it by saying that a politician is voted in and then they order a killing or not. Democracy forces the issue to make it "we". We, the US, are in 3 wars. People get killed in wars. Citizens are becoming detatched from military activity as though its just another bureau of the government that is too difficult to figure out. But, its not. And worse are the people who treat war that as something that proves our greatness, as a business opportunity, or a strong foreign policy. Not that we're really following war-related policies lately anyway. Obama should have gone to Congress for Libya. A drawdown of 10000 is still wayyyyy too many people in Afghanistan. If there was a draft, we likely wouldn't be in any wars.
The US population as a whole gives reverence to military in general, and by extension war. We don't treat it as something to be avoided or only as a last resort. We see it as means to an end, nation-building, cops-of-the-world and in general, the population approves of these things. We can't exorcize ourselves from these notions simply by saying that our only choices are Democrat vs. Republican. This only keeps the machine going. The green party, tea party and every other alternate party has failed to grab enough of the populations attention to create a viable 3rd party, much less one that is against war. Maybe it will happen one day. I hope so. But, until that time, if your party has a policy, particularly a war policy, you don't get to pick and choose which elements of it you personally back. You are part of a group and how that group behaves reflects on you. You get to back the politician and then the politician represents you. Hold their feet to the fire because the choices that they make are YOUR policies. It simply isn't the case that Obama is a killer and the rest of us are all innocents. He is acting on our behalf. We need to act as though we recognize that fact. If we don't want killings, WE need to do something about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:16 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
[So what exactly does the salt represent?]

No it doesn't mean "pouring salt into your wound," it means when you say something, it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Another words beware of half truths embelished into meaning something else.

You said I insulted your dead father...that's a nasty accusation.

I changed nothing of the sort...go find it and post it and show the date I supposidly changed it and it better be not only an insult to your father or the date better be after this morning's date after you just accused me of it.

...or you're a liar.

Back it up or take it back.

I never insulted your father after his death...I offered my condolences TWICE...there's a grain of salt situation...I wonder how many fourmers think I ever insulted your father after his death, (or before either, for that matter).

Who's using him now.

It's not worth arguing with you. Someone with an ego so big as to recomend voting to escalate the senseless killing of innocents and troops will never shut up...it's a black hole of nastyness and infinate accusations as distractions from the arguments you'r losing about your killing promotion position....lose an argument, make an untrue accusation to cover for it.

It doesn't even matter to you if it's true or not, just so long as it distracts away from the argument you lost.

The argument has gone away from being about you telling others to vote to escalate killing...to one of defending against your false accusations about your father.

That's what it takes to be a militant democrat with a bloody king as your hero.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:19 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:

baddy has proposed a difficult concept. One that forces a response. In support of your chosen politicians, how do their decisions reflect back on you, specifically, if a politician orders killings, does that make you a killer? Maybe baddy didn't call it out that specifically, but that is what I'm getting out of it. My response is: Yes, I have supported killings, whether one rationalizes it by saying that a politician is voted in and then they order a killing or not. Democracy forces the issue to make it "we". We, the US, are in 3 wars. People get killed in wars. Citizens are becoming detatched from military activity as though its just another bureau of the government that is too difficult to figure out. But, its not. And worse are the people who treat war that as something that proves our greatness, as a business opportunity, or a strong foreign policy. Not that we're really following war-related policies lately anyway. Obama should have gone to Congress for Libya. A drawdown of 10000 is still wayyyyy too many people in Afghanistan. If there was a draft, we likely wouldn't be in any wars.
The US population as a whole gives reverence to military in general, and by extension war. We don't treat it as something to be avoided or only as a last resort. We see it as means to an end, nation-building, cops-of-the-world and in general, the population approves of these things. We can't exorcize ourselves from these notions simply by saying that our only choices are Democrat vs. Republican. This only keeps the machine going. The green party, tea party and every other alternate party has failed to grab enough of the populations attention to create a viable 3rd party, much less one that is against war. Maybe it will happen one day. I hope so. But, until that time, if your party has a policy, particularly a war policy, you don't get to pick and choose which elements of it you personally back. You are part of a group and how that group behaves reflects on you. You get to back the politician and then the politician represents you. Hold their feet to the fire because the choices that they make are YOUR policies. It simply isn't the case that Obama is a killer and the rest of us are all innocents. He is acting on our behalf. We need to act as though we recognize that fact. If we don't want killings, WE need to do something about it.

To take that point further, everyone who is a consumer of products and services by the multi-national corporations who control energy, agriculture, medical, construction, metals, plastics, technologies and communications all share in the blame, regardless of who they choose to, or not to vote for.

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Just an observation: Baddy has now alienated yet another antiwar person from joining his cause, because he doesn't measure up in his twisted mind. That's good recruiting to the cause baddy. :roll:

Baddy, you can bellyache about Spacebrother answering your little question about criticizing Obama until the cows come home. But have you no response to calling him a KILLER? Like you did to me, and anyone else who didn't vote for an independent candidate? How delusional are you? You have the nerve to tell us to stop swearing??????

BBP wrote:
baddy wrote:
Either that or you just give up and I am using reason.

Proof: Baddy lives in a dream world.

BBP wrote:
How about you just get off your computer and study for your exam? This is pretty pointless and very, very, very annoying. Like someone else once upon a time you seem to fail to comprehend just what it is you're doing so wrong that you got four people against you. Take a few days off and you'll see.

The number is growing beyond 4.

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
baddy wrote:
Well, I don't have any time for this...
we don't either. just leave it, bad boy.

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Baddy i have to reply, If you did not like russert, then who the hell gives a better interview?, and to the good riddance remark, I'll just say, you are worse than the folks you criticize!!.

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
At least Baddy admitted that his actions during the election only served to make him feel better about himself, and didn't have any effect on any actual, happening events/problems in his own "neighbourhood".

yeah, I guess that's a perfect position to be in.
vote for a candidate who hasn't got a chance in hell to get in, and then you can sit comfortably back, feel good about yourself, and say that it's everybody else's fault that things are the way they are...

Mij wrote:
............Baddy and you want the best really, but I stopped reading you a long time ago.
No offenses.
In my own view, you're too dogmatic. And it leads nowhere, except keeping your own slate clean, so we can't throw stones.

calvin2hikers wrote:
This isn't the Breaking News thread anymore - it's the Argue With Baddy thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 am 

BBP wrote:

Do a panel with SB as a guy wearing an 'A' frame sign that says 'The end is near" and ringing a bell, maybe put him in a monks robe for a nice touch... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:44 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

I posted above that people will react in three ways to the announcement of Obama's plan to start pulling troops out of Afghanistan starting with 10,000, they'll either complain that it's not enough, it's too much, or those of us in the middle think it's great that he's putting an end to the mess created by Bush and the Republican party.

There is a fourth reaction obviously that I should mention here, that blatant racists will never accept any positive accomplishments by the "black man" in the White House.

This inside info you refer too can be found and read by anyone who cares and who has an intellect above that of a Bigoted Tea Party Redneck from SD.....

Are you saying that you know now what obama is going to say? And yes I am now saying you are a fucking idiot, check your narcissism at the door please. Again put down the pipe you can NOT read minds or predict the future, you are as worthless as the media.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:15 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Are you saying that you know now what obama is going to say? And yes I am now saying you are a fucking idiot, check your narcissism at the door please. Again put down the pipe you can NOT read minds or predict the future, you are as worthless as the media.

I merely posted an article and here is the link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43471826/ns ... ntral_asia

If by reading minds and predicting the future, you are refering to my post where I added after the article......

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
People will react to this news in three ways. There will be those who complain that the reductions aren't enough, there will be thoughs who will complain that it's too many, then there are those of us in or near the middle will believe that this is good news.

then obviously the additional reaction I added pertains directly to you....
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Case and point....
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Did you hear Kentucky fried chicken has a new bucket, it's the Obama,......

A person doesn't require telepathic or time travel abilities to easily recognise that a person who is a racist is (to borrow your terminology) a "fucking idiot".

Incidently, I knew that by posting an article favorable of Obama, that either you and/or baddy would panic and have a petulant frenzy, and well, I was right. I guess I can see into the future afterall.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:

baddy has proposed a difficult concept. One that forces a response. In support of your chosen politicians, how do their decisions reflect back on you, specifically, if a politician orders killings, does that make you a killer? Maybe baddy didn't call it out that specifically, but that it what I'm getting out of it. My response is: Yes, I have supported killings, whether one rationalizes it by saying that a politician is voted in and then they order a killing or not. Democracy forces the issue to make it "we". We, the US, are in 3 wars. People get killed in wars. Citizens are becoming detatched from military activity as though its just another bureau of the government that is too difficult to figure out. But, its not. And worse are the people who treat war that as something that proves our greatness, as a business opportunity, or a strong foreign policy. Not that we're really following war-related policies lately anyway. Obama should have gone to Congress for Libya. A drawdown of 10000 is still wayyyyy too many people in Afghanistan. If there was a draft, we likely wouldn't be in any wars.

I would have posted my own opinion- but Arkay has summed up my position much better than I could have myself. The only thing I would have added is that I don't think this is an argument to which "Fuck you!" should be the answer...
P.S. I'm looking forward to the comix, too!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 am 

Caputh, it never was a case of which fuck you is better from my perspective. Here is my take.

Initially I posted a point along the lines that there are many other factors involved with why wars happen. Particularly that it isn't only about politicians. It's the corporations who not only benefit from wars, but those who choose to do business with them, regardless of whether they are in the business of energy, agriculture, construction, pharm-a-ceuticals, precious/nonprecious metals and minerals, plastics, technologies, communications and logistics, and religion.

In short, I drew comparisons to eating cheeseburgers from McDonalds and equating that to people dying in wars.

For making this straightforward and simple point, baddy called "fucking lame".

It was then after posting articles that view Obama in a favorable light where baddy decided to accuse me of being a murderer, and I'm not the only one he did that too by the way. Ask Ronnie what baddy called him. A large number of people here have called him out on that.

As far as I'm concerned, the moment and timing of when baddy accused me of being a murderer, the first time he did that is, is when the dynamic of this debate changed from constructive dialog, to a the joke that this thread has become. It's not a matter of whose "fuck you's" are better. It's a matter that baddy has earned every single "fuck you" that I have personally directed towards him.

I believe I've adequetly explained myself with this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 pm 

My comic will be done once I'm done with the backgrounds, my estimation is tomorrow. It primarily explains my view of what is going on here.
Spent hours drawing on it today (inking edges with colour pens) but I still need to pencil the backgrounds and some of the leads. My elbow really hurts from it.

Have no news to add. I stopped watching the news and reading papers because it became too depressing, all the budget cuts with horrible consequences for everything I hold dear, all the awful politicians...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 796  Next