Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 805  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:21 pm 

Man is a war like being and will never be accepted by other beings that exist until we get over our war like nature...they are keeping us at arms lenght... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:37 pm 

who is they?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:49 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
tell me when there was no war
yeah. interesting. I've tried google to find out if there has ever been any periods in the history of the world without any war going on somewhere.
haven't been able to find a good answer. maybe I'm using the wrong search words...

If you take the "world" to have been the Roman Empire (which I suppose the Romans did), when there was peace they closed the doors of the Temple of Janus.

Quote:
The closing of the Temple doors was a very rare event. It is said to have happened for the first time under Numa Pompilius, for the second time under Titus Manlius in 235 BC, a third time by Augustus in 29 BC, a fourth time by Nero in 66 AD and only a fifth time under Vespasian in AD 70

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_ ... oman_Forum)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 am 

According to the history rule books of what is historically recognized, it was the Romans who first got everyone organized, hell the Europeans might still be wiping their ass with twigs if it wasn't for Italy... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:38 am 

Italians invented toilet paper?
Or did they simply ban the questionable practice of wiping ones' ass with twigs and/or bracken?

Quote:
It's amazing how often we get some variation of the questions, "When was toilet paper invented?", "Who invented toilet paper?", and "What did people use before toilet paper was invented?" Here are a few of the highlights in the evolution of toilet paper that we've compiled from various sources.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did people use before toilet paper? Well, just use your imagination: grass, leaves, fur, mussell shells, corncobs, stinging nettles... okay, maybe not that last, at least not more than once.

-The ancient Greeks used stones and pieces of clay; ancient Romans used sponges on the ends of sticks, kept in jugs filled with salty water. Mideasterners commonly used the left hand, which is supposedly still considered unclean in the Arabian region.

-"Official" toilet paper - that is, paper which was produced specifically for the purpose - dates back at least to the late 14th Century, when Chinese emperors ordered it in 2-foot x 3-foot sheets.

-Corncobs and pages torn from newspapers and magazines were commonly used in the early American West. The Sears catalogue was well-known in this context, and even produced such humorous spinoffs as the "Rears and Sorebutt" catalogue. The Farmer's Almanac had a hole in it so it could be hung on a hook and the pages torn off easily.

-Joseph C. Gayetty of New York started producing the first packaged toilet paper in the U.S. in 1857. It consisted of pre-moistened flat sheets medicated with aloe and was named "Gayetty’s Medicated Paper". Gayetty's name was printed on every sheet.

-Rolled and perforated toilet paper as we're familiar with today was invented around 1880. Various sources attribute it to the Albany Perforated Wrapping (A.P.W.) Paper Company in 1877, and to the Scott Paper company in 1879 or 1890. On a side note, the Scott Company was too embarrassed to put their name on their product, as the concept of toilet paper was a sensitive subject at the time, so they customized it for their customers... hence the Waldorf Hotel became a big name in toilet paper.

-In 1935, Northern Tissue advertised "splinter-free" toilet paper. Yep, you read that right; early paper production techniques sometimes left splinters embedded in the paper. And you thought you had it tough! In 1942, St. Andrew's Paper Mill in Great Britain introduced two-ply toilet paper

-America experienced its first toilet paper shortage in 1973.

-The Virtual Toilet Paper Museum opened its virtual doors in 1999.

Corncobs and splinters? Really?

What shitty topic...

Miasma!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 am 

Let's see SB...you complain about the election choices and you posted:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Expecting instant gratification in a mere 2 and a half year period is not only unrealistic, but considering these alternatives.......
During Monday’s event, there were two opposing poles and some GOP contenders in the middle.

Paul: Cut defense and withdraw the troops
The “cut debt and cut defense” pole was represented by Rep. Ron Paul of Texas.

“We should think about protecting our borders, rather than the borders between Iraq and Afghanistan. That doesn't make any sense to me,” he said, to applause from the audience, when immigration came up as a topic.

When Romney said he wanted the U.S. troops in Afghanistan “to come home… based upon the conditions on the ground determined by the generals,” Paul shot back, “I wouldn't wait for my generals. I'm the commander in chief ... I tell the generals what to do. I'd bring them home as quickly as possible. And I would get them out of Iraq as well."

And he added, "I wouldn't start a war in Libya. I'd quit bombing Yemen. And I'd quit bombing Pakistan.”
He said, “I'd start taking care of people here at home because we could save hundreds of billions of dollars.”

To which I posted that electing a President who will command his Generals to bring the troops out of these hell holes...which are killing and injuring both our troops and innocent civillians abroad...

...brings a post of ridicule in your defense?
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
baddy just saved humanity from ourselves...... :| Anyone got some extra windowpaynes?

Maybe a Kumbaya and three extra hits of windowpaynes will make the Nader go down a little smoother. choppy choppy, chop a line line now baddy.... :P :oops:

Lets argue about the obvious.....

Nader Decisions..... you got a Ron Paul & Kucinich job........You're such a dumbass gotta go job....

...and the murder accusations that you fling around....... makes you look like such a dumbass, cause you're a big fucking clown........

and the Kucinich decisions that you spew about, takes all of your money, cause you're such a broke ass cashless dummy......

...well then I would have to point out...
"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us."
- Thomas Jefferson

I also personally feel your multiple ridicules of my attempts to find a job are below what most of us would do.

And you know god-dam well I never called you a murderer, you keep twisting, omitting from, and taking that HYPOTHETICAL IF question out of context to hide behind it when you can't come up with an answer. Now you have progressed to lying through insinuation that I have done it multiple times...when I have not done it even once...(and the content and lucidity of my posts proves I am not a dumbass, that is just more of the childish name calling you use to defend your political position).

[quote=SPACEBROTHER"]that you fling around....... makes you look like such a dumbass[/quote]

People are sick of it too, you've hidden behind it so many times.

The IF in that question that makes it a question, not a statement is "IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO GO BACK ON YOUR WORD" and not critize Obama....and you know that full well...you are just hiding because you couldn't answer the question before it...

And if you are not planning to go back on your word, then you don't have to worry about the other half of that hypothetical QUESTION you keep posting.

...you are just using tactics hoping others won't realize it was a secondary hypothetical question as you try to incite others against me...maybe other forumers don't like you trying to manipulate them....did you ever think of that?

If someone is pointing out that you are voting to escalate senseless wars, and you realize you have no defense against that, perhaps instead of posting ridicule in defense of your message to escalate wars, you should instead realize you have no defense to war voting and have the decency to keep quiet...people die because of people voting power unto these killers...that's why we have wars...because of voters like you...ESPECIALLY voters like you because you are such a loudmouth about your insistance to support these killers.

Perhapes you should stand up for your brothers, rather than loudly promoting this nasty war hawk who is killing them...did you ever think of that? Did you ever think of your role in this?

...And in other news...
In response to everyone's discussions about voting for presidents who will order the troops home, yes, I believe we should do that.

If a president orders the troops home, he is the commander in chief, they ARE coming home.

Nothing can stop that.

...and as Ron Paul said, (quoted by SB above) :
Ron Paul wrote:
“I wouldn't wait for my generals. I'm the commander in chief ... I tell the generals what to do. I'd bring them home as quickly as possible. And I would get them out of Iraq as well."

"I wouldn't start a war in Libya. I'd quit bombing Yemen. And I'd quit bombing Pakistan.”

“I'd start taking care of people here at home because we could save hundreds of billions of dollars.”

I don't give a fuck if a Dem or an R or a Martian brings the troops home...let's bring them home REGARDLESS of which party does it.

BTW...Let's get our heros the fuck out of Obama's imperialist wars...

...and they are hero's, they put their lives on the line which is the definition of hero...Obomba-cannon-fodder is not good enough for them.

This just in...

Army suicides at highest level in a year

Washington (CNN) -- May was the worst month in a year for suicides and potential suicides in the active-duty Army, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

The Army reported 21 potential suicides among active-duty soldiers in May. One of them has been confirmed; the other 20 are under investigation. In the past, most of the cases investigated were confirmed to be suicides.

May's number was the highest for one month since June 2010, which at the time was the worst month in recent memory for Army suicides.

There were also 21 potential suicides among active-duty soldiers in June 2010, but that month also saw 11 potential suicides among the Guard and Reserves. Last month, there were six potential suicides in the National Guard and Reserves, so June 2010 remains worse.

The latest data continue to show that suicide statistics in the Army frequently fluctuate. April saw 16 potential suicides, more than twice the number in March, when seven cases were investigated.

The Army says it's tough to know why suicide cases increase even as the entire Pentagon is trying to solve the problem. But spokesman Lt. Col. Steve Warren said, "a spike in cases does not necessarily mean a trend."

END ARTICLE__________

Bring them home.

And while we're at it...let's bring the troops them home from the EMPIRE's expensive 800+ overseas bases...Let's let them live in American housing, eat at American restaraunts, stimulate the AMERICAN economy...and let them live in America where they belong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:42 am 

And there I was, after my time-out I was worried that my Baddy vs Spacebro comic was outdated, Baddy brings it back again.
Posting it might make things worse, but if you want to see it, raise your hand up!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:22 pm 

baddy wrote:
...And you know god-damn well I never called you a murderer,............

:roll: Pathological Liar

baddy wrote:
And if SPACEBROTHERS going to renig on his statement above....................................and how many thousands he's willing to kill to get it.

Not only did you accuse me of being a murderer once........

baddy wrote:
..............................rather than loudly promoting this nasty war hawk who is killing them...did you ever think of that?...... Did you ever think of your role in this?

Now you're accusing me of being an accessory to murder.

You have also used my recently deceased father in an argument against me.

So the scorecard is as follows: baddy accused me, not once, but twice of being a murderer and insulted my father during the same week he passed away. What kind of lowlife fuckface insults the memory of ones deceased parent plus accuses them of murder in the same week that the ones parent passed away?

BBP wrote:
And there I was, after my time-out I was worried that my Baddy vs Spacebro comic was outdated, Baddy brings it back again.
Posting it might make things worse, but if you want to see it, raise your hand up!

Not only has baddy brought it back again, he accused me of being murderer yet again.

I guarantee that baddy will come back with a post, making all kinds of excuses for himself and toss around more accusations.

I won't be offended if you post a cartoon BBP, so long as it doesn't insult my dead father in any way or accuse me of being a murder.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:04 pm 

I'd love to see your cartoon BBP. Let's see it!

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:38 am 

That's 2 vs 1 so far.

Come on! I need more voices people!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:45 am 

I say post it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:50 am 

No that's voting twice SB, doesn't count. Sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:01 am 

:mrgreen: I don't get two votes BBP? Aw shucks......I tried. :wink:

just to throw it out there........

baddy wrote:
.......you should instead realize you have no defense to war voting and have the decency to keep quiet...

So if any of us posts anything that doesn't give high praise to Nader and Ron Paul and/or if it paints Obama in a positive light of any sort, baddy wants us all to have the decency to just keep quiet. :lol: What a douchebag. baddy saying that to me is the same as if he's saying it to everybody here.

Not only am I going to continuosly remind him that he accused me of being a murderer, twice now, but also that he now wants me, or anybody for that matter who posts positive information about Obama, to have the decency to just keep quiet. Afterall, if you don't vote as he, you are a murderer, or in Ronnies case, a baby killer.

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:12 am 

It's just so very fucking important, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:19 am 

Post! :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:28 am 

Apparently it is to somebody leash. Important enough for someone to go as far as to exclaim "you should have the decency to keep quiet".

Speaking of positive Obama related news, looks like the troop withdrawals in Afghanistan are still on schedule........

Obama talks withdrawal with his Afghan commander
White House: President will inform public of troop reduction decision soon

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's top general in Afghanistan has given him a range of options for withdrawing American forces as a July deadline for starting the drawdown approaches.

Obama spokesman Jay Carney said Gen. David Petraeus, along with other members of the national security team, met with the president at the White House Wednesday. Petraeus, the top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan, has long been expected to give Obama multiple options for how to begin bringing U.S. forces home and at what pace.

White House officials wouldn't say what options Obama is considering, though they did say he will inform the public of his decision soon. Carney said Thursday that Obama will consult further with his national security team, including Petraeus, in the coming days.

Obama has said the initial withdrawal will be "significant,".......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43431021/ns ... ite_house/

"you should have the decency to keep quiet" rant, excuses, lies and more manipulations from Mr "and how many thousands he's willing to kill" and "Did you ever think of your role in this (insert - the word killing here because thats precisely what he is implying and will no doubt try to weasel out of it as he always does)?" in 5...4...3...2....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 am 

Yadda ,Yadda....why not wait and see what Obama's idea of significant withdrawal is. He has waffled on every thing else so far.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:20 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:19 pm 

baddy wrote:
And while we're at it...let's bring the troops them home from the EMPIRE's expensive 800+ overseas bases...Let's let them live in American housing, eat at American restaraunts, stimulate the AMERICAN economy...and let them live in America where they belong.
how patriotic of you, baddy. you think that will happen anytime soon?
even with one of your candidates as president?

how naive are you, anyway?

it's interesting how americans "support our troops."
some would like them to stay where they are, and some would like them to come home.
so, what's more important? doesn't really seem to matter. just as long as "our troops" are "supported."...
who supports them the most?

and, what's up with calling them "troops"? they're soldiers, right? individuals...
how many is one troop?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:31 pm 

Bristol Palin loses virginity while drunk! I can't wait for the memoir!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:05 am 

While y'all post and bicker over what the corporate media thinks is important, other things are happening that the media is not fully reporting on.

A guy in New Hampshire sets himself on fire outside a courthouse. Why? Read his fifteen page manifesto here:

http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/loca ... 03286.html

If you don't want to read it, I'll tell you what it boils down to. He was oppressed by the police state we now live in. Don't think we live in a police state? Just get out of line, and see what happens:

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/06/pri ... olice.html

Don't wanna read that? Here's a personal ancedote...a friend of mine's daughter went to court for a domestic violence charge recently. The court said five hundred cash would make it go away, or she could pay thirty dollars a week and go to domestic violence counseling, or she could do two years in jail. No trial, no lawyer...just those choices. She chose the counseling, because she didn't have five-hundred bucks.

O yeah...what was the crime? She slapped her boyfriend! I kid you not! Pussy called the cops on her!

Meanwhile, over in Japan, the nuclear meltdown has not been contained. The uninhabital area is now the size of seven Manhattans:

http://www.naturalnews.com/032751_Fukus ... ntium.html

Not worried about that? Only care about that fucking Obama? Well, how about a massive fucking flood of the likes we've never seen?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/ar ... 845a4.html

Don't think it can happen? It already is!

http://journalstar.com/news/state-and-r ... 9ed5b.html

Don't like to read? Would you rather watch a video?

...and let's add some nuclear nightmare to the story, too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDbB3Hq ... dded#at=67

Billions for war, spittle for flood control.

There are things to worry about, people, but what political party is in control or what some member of an obscure rock star fan forum said about anything is not really an appropriate outlet for the energy of human frustrations.

Out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:18 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
While y'all post and bicker over what the corporate media thinks is important, other things are happening that the media is not fully reporting on.

A guy in New Hampshire sets himself on fire outside a courthouse. Why? Read his fifteen page manifesto here:

http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/loca ... 03286.html

If you don't want to read it, I'll tell you what it boils down to. He was oppressed by the police state we now live in. Don't think we live in a police state? Just get out of line, and see what happens:

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/06/pri ... olice.html

Don't wanna read that? Here's a personal ancedote...a friend of mine's daughter went to court for a domestic violence charge recently. The court said five hundred cash would make it go away, or she could pay thirty dollars a week and go to domestic violence counseling, or she could do two years in jail. No trial, no lawyer...just those choices. She chose the counseling, because she didn't have five-hundred bucks.

O yeah...what was the crime? She slapped her boyfriend! I kid you not! Pussy called the cops on her!

Meanwhile, over in Japan, the nuclear meltdown has not been contained. The uninhabital area is now the size of seven Manhattans:

http://www.naturalnews.com/032751_Fukus ... ntium.html

Not worried about that? Only care about that fucking Obama? Well, how about a massive fucking flood of the likes we've never seen?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/ar ... 845a4.html

Don't think it can happen? It already is!

http://journalstar.com/news/state-and-r ... 9ed5b.html

Don't like to read? Would you rather watch a video?

...and let's add some nuclear nightmare to the story, too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDbB3Hq ... dded#at=67

Billions for war, spittle for flood control.

There are things to worry about, people, but what political party is in control or what some member of an obscure rock star fan forum said about anything is not really an appropriate outlet for the energy of human frustrations.

Out.

Never mind.... Have a nice cup of tea :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:39 am 

The Tea Baggers in my area are freaking out because the City Councel voted for a General Plan that included a section concerning air quality that was based on a UN recommendation...somehow they think the UN is going to take control of the county...

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:45 pm 

The most important breaking news item that WILL affect everyone, regardless of your age, where you live, what your political and religious beliefs are or where you get your news from. This is going to be a lengthy post with a lot of information, so please bear with me.

Oceans heading for mass extinctions, experts warn
Scientist: Situation is 'more dire' than any of us thought

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43479398/ns ... vironment/

WASHINGTON — Mass extinctions of species in the world's oceans are inevitable if current trends of overfishing, habitat loss, global warming and pollution continue, a panel of renowned marine scientists warned Tuesday.

The combination of problems suggests there's a brewing worldwide die-off of species that would rival past mass extinctions, the 27 scientists said in a preliminary report presented to the United Nations.

Vanishing species — from sea turtles to coral — would upend the ocean's ecosystem. Fish are the main source of protein for a fifth of the world's population and the seas cycle oxygen and help absorb carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse gas from human activities.

"Things seem to be going wrong on several different levels," said Carl Lundin, director of global marine programs at the International Union for Conservation of Nature, which helped produce the report with the International Programme on the State of the Ocean.

Some of the changes affecting the world's seas — which have been warned about individually in the past — are happening faster than the worst case scenarios that were predicted just a few years ago, the report said.

"It was a more dire report than any of us thought because we look at our own little issues," Lundin said. "When you put them all together, it's a pretty bleak situation."

Climate and coral

Coral deaths alone would be considered a mass extinction, according to study chief author Alex Rogers of the University of Oxford. A single bleaching event in 1998 killed one-sixth of the world's tropical coral reefs.

Lundin pointed to deaths of 1,000-year-old coral in the Indian Ocean and called it "really unprecedented."

"Not only are we already experiencing severe declines in many species to the point of commercial extinction in some cases, and an unparalleled rate of regional extinctions of habitat types (e.g. mangroves and seagrass meadows), but we now face losing marine species and entire marine ecosystems, such as coral reefs, within a single generation," the experts said.

The chief causes for extinctions at the moment are overfishing and habitat loss, but global warming is "increasingly adding to this," the report said.

Carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels ends up sinking in the oceans, which then become more acidic, devastating sensitive coral reefs. Warmer ocean temperatures also are shifting species from their normal habitats, Rogers said. Non-native species moving into new areas can cause havoc to those ecosystems.

Jelle Bijma, of the Alfred Wegener Institute, said the seas faced a "deadly trio" of threats of higher temperatures, acidification and lack of oxygen that had featured in several past mass extinctions.

Runoff from fertilizers into rivers and seas has reduced oxygen in those areas, creating dozens of "dead zones" around the globe. The U.S. Geological Survey earlier this month said it expects the dead zone from the Mississippi River to set a record when it builds later this summer due to flooding runoff.

"From a geological point of view, mass extinctions happen overnight, but on human timescales we may not realize that we are in the middle of such an event," Bijma wrote.

Chemicals and plastics from daily life also are causing problems for sea creatures, the report said. Overall, the world's oceans just cannot bounce back from problems — such as oil spills — like they used to because of all the compounding factors, scientists said.

Confounding the most dire predictions, the Gulf of Mexico has bounced back from last year's major oil spill, but it is still dealing with the growing "dead zone" and above average sea temperatures.

Similar 'stressors' in past extinctions

Describing the multiple events affecting the world's oceans as high intensity "stressors," the experts said similar compounding led to the previous five mass extinction events in the past 600 million years — most recently when the dinosaurs vanished 65 million years ago, apparently after an asteroid struck.

The conclusions follow an international meeting this spring in England to discuss the fate of the world's oceans. A full report will be published later this year, the panel said.

Lundin said that "some of these things are reversible if we change our behavior."

Overfishing is the easiest for governments to address, the experts said.

"Unlike climate change, it can be directly, immediately and effectively tackled by policy change," said William Cheung of the University of East Anglia. "Overfishing is now estimated to account for over 60 percent of the known local and global extinction of marine fishes."

Among examples of overfishing are the Chinese bahaba. Its swim bladder is desired in Asia as a medicinal product, and the cost per kilo (2.2 pounds) has risen from a few dollars in the 1930s to $20,000-$70,000 today.

Listed as critically endangered, the bahaba is just one of more than 500 marine species threatened by overfishing, Cheung noted. "The only chance for many of these species to recover is to stop overfishing and protect them so that the populations can rebuild," he added.

"If action is not taken immediately, our generation will see many more species follow the footsteps of the Chinese bahaba," Cheung said.

Steve Murawski, a University of South Florida professor and previously chief science advisor for the U.S. National Marine Fisheries Service, said "it's difficult to judge the veracity of the results or the scientific support" for the findings because the full report hasn't been published.

But he noted that in the United States "a strong set of management requirements backed by the force of law have resulted in an end to domestic overfishing."

"This is of course a very hopeful sign because the USA is such an important fishing nation," he added. "Is the record commensurate globally? No it is not, and thus I would certainly support" the panel's advice to reduce global fishing "to levels commensurate with long-term sustainability of fisheries and the marine environment."

Here in the United States, there are those of a certain neo-political ideology who will gloss over all of with absolute denial, despite that the worlwide scientific community is unaminous with these findings. Despite how much phyisical and documented evidence is presented to them, they will refuse to accept it.

We can squabble over "lesser evil" arguments 'till we're blue in the face, but the ramifications are more dire than worrying about whose bombs are better/worse. For those who choose to throw their vote away, it comes down to two simple choices; a few people die, or everybody dies. In a perfect world nobody would die from wars, but the reality is, as long as there are those who use religion to strike fear those dumb enough to follow it, and as long as there are greedy imperialistic corporate interests (nuclear energy, oil, coal, agriculture - including Murder McNuggets, fishwiches and Coca Cola -, big phar-ma, precious metals/minerals, ect), there will be wars. It's as simple as that. You buy a Big Mac, and people will die, not just from the imperialistic war greed, but from the pollution. "Fucking lame"? If you even have to put that label on it because of a narrow one dimensional argument, there is a much bigger issue that effects every living entity on Earth, and you are part of the problem, not part the solution. Deregulation will kill us all.

I'm glad to see that some people in the world are actively taking steps into the right direction.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... landpetrol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13592208

Top 10 Eco Friendly Countries
http://www.ecofriendlydaily.com/news/fr ... countries/

COUNTRY SCORES
The 2010 Environmental Performance Index (EPI) ranks 163 countries on 25 performance indicators tracked across ten policy categories covering both environmental public health and ecosystem vitality. These indicators provide a gauge at a national government scale of how close countries are to established environmental policy goals. The EPI’s proximity-to-target methodology facilitates cross-country comparisons as well as analysis of how the global community is doing collectively on each particular policy issue.

http://epi.yale.edu/Countries

The United States score is a dismal 63.5% at a ranking of #61 of #163 countries.

Are you the problem or the solution?

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:58 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The most important breaking news item that WILL affect everyone, regardless of your age, where you live, what your political and religious beliefs are or where you get your news from....

I saw a tv show several months ago that had about 6-8 guys on it and each one had his own "most important" topic. The loss of fresh water, the collapse of markets, the dependence on oil, global warming, nuclear threat... they ended up trying to out-do each other in the importance of their own topic, rather than looking at how these things are inter-related. Some super-geniuses need to plan to save the planet rather than bits and pieces of it. Everything is everything (not it is what it is!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 805  Next