Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 806  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:42 am 

Speaking of the pro-Nader-but not really because it's the-pro-Palin-baddy vote.......

'Wall Street is in on the joke' about the vote, Chamber of Commerce exec says

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43231030/ns ... cal-fight/

Many House Republicans have said publicly that they either do not believe the government will default or that they do not fear it. Many embrace a proposal of Senator Patrick J. Toomey, a first-year Republican from Pennsylvania, for the Treasury to pay bondholders with incoming tax revenues and delay other government payments pending a resolution. Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner and many on Wall Street call the idea unworkable.

Also, many Republicans have made comments indicating that they do not understand or do not care that an increase in the debt limit is needed not only for new spending but also to cover Social Security checks, troops’ pay and myriad other agreed-to purposes, as well as for payments to creditors holding Treasury bonds.

Obvious scam.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:46 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
trying to pull some sort of Teabagger Palin reverse scooby doo bullshit on everybody, obvious
Yeah...either I'm trying to decieve everyone by trying to "pull a reverse scooby doo on everyone, or you're full of shit.

What are the odds I like Republcan Bombing better than Democrat bombing? I mean really people. I knocked Bush when he did it, now I knock Obama for doing it. I'm just giving SB the same treatment I would have given a Bush cheerleader if they had come in here supporting Bush and his bombing...no different.

Lol...let's see if you've been full of shit before SPACEBROTHER; let's see if you've tried to con all the forumers before "let's just have ourselves a test:"

SPACEBROTHER 4 October 2010 wrote:
Baddy, you never once criticised Bush for starting wars (including the one he lied about), escalating wars in Iraq, Afghanistan/Pakistan, using drone strike escalations, illegal imprisonments, authorising the use of torture and the countless murders of millions of innocents, all during the time while he was the president. Why is that baddy?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Curious.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
How come you never criticised Bush for Bushwars while Bush was president baddy?

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
At the time While Bush was running 2 wars, one started soley by him, and the other started by his father, baddy never once denounced either of them.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
You are a Republican. I'm now 100% convinced. You don't have to feel ashamed about it.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I no longer believe that. If baddy can provide links to his posts from the pre-primary 2008 time period where he placed blame on the massive failures and the wars started and ran by Bush, and all of the killing that happened between the years 2001-2008 on Bush's watch, then I might be convinced otherwise.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
You never criticised GW Bush, GHW Bush and the Republican's while they were in control.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
This leads me to believe that you are in fact a Republican posing as an Independant.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Baddy himself is actually a Republican. He likely voted for Bush/Quayle, Bob Dole, Bush/Cheney and McCain/Palin. It's a ruse. If you look back through every one of his posts in this thread, he only started to criticise Bush after he was finished, but never during

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
A typical ploy from someone who has an obvious misleader agenda, like you never criticising Bush while he was president.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Why is that? How come you never criticised Bush for Bushwars while Bush was president baddy?

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Baddy, you never once criticised Bush for starting wars (including the one he lied about), escalating wars in Iraq, Afghanistan/Pakistan, using drone strike escalations, illegal imprisonments, authorising the use of torture and the countless murders of millions of innocents, all during the time while he was the president. Why is that baddy?

Over and over and over again...that's just bullshit lies...

Never once criticized Bush? Let's find out how fuckin reliable your bullshit is...

baddy wrote:

It would be good to impeach Bush and Cheney.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10515&p=245669&hilit=Bush#p245669

baddy wrote:
Posted: 12 Dec 2006 09:23
Here's my list of things most desperatly needed in the US, (and the world)…
1. Impeach Bush and Cheney.

baddy wrote:
Bush and Cheney's could be the fastest impeachment the Constitution ever warranted. Some of the 734, 000 dead, and countless more injured and de-homed would even say justice demands impeachment.

baddy wrote:
Lying, breaking International Law resulting in mass murder, torture, conflict of interest, pick yer charges, the list goes on and on. They need to be impeached, and turned over to the World Court for crimes against humanity, not continue on as the damn President and Vice President of the United States, our country's office of highest esteem.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10734&p=251875&hilit=Bush#p251875

baddy wrote:
Posted: 15 Nov 2006 09:26
I say we impeach the bastards, both Bush and Cheney, this would make the Democrats in control of both branches of government, and free of Bush's veto.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10822&p=254860&hilit=Bush#p254860

baddy wrote:
Posted: 04 Apr 2006 07:26
Some say Kerry's better than Bush, to that I say: Gonorrhea's better than syphilis, but if you get either one of them you'd better get the pennicillin out and GET RID OF IT. http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5018&p=212576&hilit=bush#p212576

baddy wrote:
Posted: 16 Jun 2006 08:36
The list of Bush's crimes is long. The "Shock and Awe" invasion was Bush's war of aggression -- a crime identified as the "the Supreme international ...
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5018&p=227870&hilit=Bush#p227870

baddy wrote:
Posted: 13 Oct 2006 15:22
It's interesting to me. I would think that if we were to impeach Bush, we would also impeach Cheney, concurrently. I think that even if it didn't change the course of future events (because most of DC is corrupt), it would be good for the world to see America do this. I would also be for turning over Bush and Cheney to the Hague for trial, (this would also go a long way towards easing world tensions).

baddy wrote:
For example the age old question from the 2004 election: "Why is a dead kerry Iraqi baby more desirable that a dead Bush Iraqi baby",
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4822&p=111062&hilit=bush#p111062

baddy wrote:
Posted: 23 Feb 2006 06:22
of course the obvious response is that we need to vote out not only Bush who unconstitutionally started the war, but all the corporate Senators and Representatives who had to first unconstitutionally give Bush the power to start the warhttp://www.zappa.com/messageboard/vi ... sh#p112690

baddy wrote:
Posted: 18 Apr 2006 10:36
Yes Bush is bad, but after him the wars will continue under the next corporate ruler, we have already advanced to this level of evil, it will advance from here, not reset). That's absolutly obvious because the top of the Rep's and Dems are utterly warlike; we have to change the policy, not the policy drivers. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9148&p=216143&hilit=bush#p216143

baddy wrote:
17 Apr 2006 07:37
For example, Bush stole $12 million from average people's pensions 4 days before the stock tanked, then broke the law 4 more times in not reporting to the FEC, (the Harken-Aloha Oil scandal, with Authur Anderson accounting, (yes, the Enron firm). viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9132&hilit=bush

baddy wrote:
Posted: 29 Jan 2006 09:26
First off, I think it's great to hate bush, but dumb to think his removal without also removing corporate from power in Washington is going to accomplish anything. We'll simply replace one head asshole with another, (as we saw a detirmined attempt to do in 2004 with Kerry and his desire to send additional troops to Iraq to "fight a smarter war").

Secondly, it's great to call him[Bush] dumb (or stupid or whatever), but it's dangerous to believe it because he had to be anything BUT dumb to get to where he is, and ESPECIALLY to get away with what he has gotten away with.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4781&p=109427&hilit=bush#p109427

baddy wrote:
04 Jan 2006 14:28
In the video below, notice that Condi gave that as the cause of terrorism, she did NOT say Bush bullshit like "the evil ones," or "they hate our way of life." Condi chose her words VERY carefully, but what she was ...viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4992&p=119592&hilit=bush#p119592

baddy wrote:
./viewtopic.php?p=106970Posted: 29 Dec 2005 08:51
... millions of American men are so far away watching football and gung ho corporate news. It's a crime that this info is not on our news, or that Bush gets away with saying "maybe around 30, 000," almost three years into the killing, [when bush claimed he killed only 30, 000 innocents].

baddy wrote:
Posted: 29 Dec 2005 09:04
Interesting article from Paul Craig Roberts, on the moral decay of the Bush administration. He relies a lot on former president carter...President Carter finds it unpleasant to write his assessment of the Bush administration, but he steadfastly makes it clear that the Bush/Cheney/neocon "war on terror" is in fact a war on America's reputation and civil liberties. He points out that the Bush administration has used the "war on terror" to justify actions "similar to those of abusive regimes that we have historically condemned."

Consequently, "the United States now has become one of the foremost targets of respected international organizations concerned about these basic principles of democratic life. American forces in Iraq have killed far more Iraqi civilians than they have insurgents.

The 70-92% who were initially behind Bush when he struck Iraq, and the 50-65% who are considering striking Iran make me seriously wonder what our nation is coming to. We gotta get that ...

In two years and eight months George W. Bush has directly caused the deaths of more innocents than Saddam had in ten years. Why shouldn't he be tried for genocide the same as "The Butcher of Baghdad" was?
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=bush&author=baddy&fid%5B%5D=10&start=300

baddy wrote:
I would say he's right up there to about an 8 on the asshole scale, (and due to the sheer numbers of innocent lives snuffed out, Clinton and Bush up there at about 10).
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10734&p=250638&hilit=Bush#p250638

baddy wrote:
Posted: 05 Nov 2006 09:30

It brings up an interesting queston. Should people who decide about other people's deaths be put to death? If so, where and how do we draw the line? For example, Bush went to war knowing full well innocent people would die as a result of his action, should Bush be put to death? Many probably think so, and many probably disagree. And what of the next level down who knew innocent people would die, the Senators and Representatives who knew innocent people would die as a result of their vote for war, should they also be put to death? And what of the next level down, the Americans who voted for politicans who they knew voted for (and will continue to vote for), war which would cause many innocent people to die?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10759&p=250041&hilit=Bush#p250041

baddy wrote:
16 Oct 2006 10:52
Also to mention, it wasn't the P.A.T.R.I.O.T Act that enabled the MCA or even the mass holding without charges, it was Bush's embelishment of Clinton's Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty bill. Bush just furthered the work of the Dems, (and both parties voted for it). viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10515&p=246105&hilit=Bush#p246105

baddy wrote:
07 Jan 2007 09:53
It is shameful watching so called leading Democrats supporting Bush in the Iraq War
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10759&p=257962&hilit=Bush#p257962

baddy wrote:
: 03 Jan 2007 10:09
the winds of media control, 3/4's of americans were behind Bush when he attacked Iraq, now most are against it. It means about 50% don't know what the fuck they're doing.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10759&p=257466&hilit=Bush#p257466

baddy wrote:
Posted: 18 Dec 2006 08:34
The people got what they voted for, the Dems are gonna approve a doubling in war spending to help end the war when they approve Bush's next, record breaking $160 billion dollar war request, (don't worry, the kids'll pay pack this additional debt, we don't have to pay).
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9955&p=255570&hilit=Bush#p255570

baddy wrote:
Posted: 13 Dec 2006 15:53
Either I got here late to the party, or zombie1210's SUPPORTING Bush? Maybe so, Bush has got a lot of supporters. If so, I would like to ask a question of zombie1210: Do you admire qualities of Bush, or do you not like him, but saw Bush as "the lesser evil," compared to Kerry?

I hate both the slithery bastards, I'm an equal opportunity hater
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10822&p=255026&hilit=Bush#p255026

baddy wrote:
Posted: 15 Nov 2006 09:26
then we re-elected Bush, driving home the point that Americans like these bastards the best.

baddy wrote:
If Americans impeached Bush and Cheney, it would make a strong statement to the world, "we police our own fucked up leaders," so to speak, Americans are not all mother fuckers like Bush and Cheney.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10734&p=251875&hilit=Bush#p251875

OK, THAT’S ENOUGH, I THINK MOST PEOPLE GET THE IDEA ABOUT SPACEBROTHER’S CLAIM THAT I "NEVER ONCE SAID ANYTHING AGAINST BUSH."

There's about 30 of my quotes criticising Bush...and there's a ton more. I guess we can see he is full of shit...some might say deliberately lying to try to pull the wool over his fellow forumers eyes.

AND BTW....“SPACEBROTHER, how can you claim you do not vote for war escalations when you voted for and continue to support Obama who greatly escalated the Afghanastan war from 33, 000 to 100, 000 troops.”

So what are the odds I'm trying to pull a "Teabagger Palin reverse scooby doo bullshit on everybody" as SPACEBROTHER puts it?

One of us is lying, which one?

Hmmm, let's see now, baddy just caught SPACEBROTHER lying about him 11 times and proved it 30 times...

...which one might be lying about baddy trying to "pull a Teabagger Palin reverse scooby doo bullshit on everybody." Is SPACEBROTHER lying again to get away from answering questions about his promoting of the bomber...or does baddy want Palin as president...hmmm that's a tuff one....the more you dig SB, the deeper you go.

He was full of shit about Bush, and he's full of shit about Palin. That's what he has to do to get away from the questions and points I'm making...try to baffle the forumers with bullshit he knows isn't true.

If one were a troll, how would it be any different?

Last edited by baddy on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:56 am 

...and so that our hard core Democrat bomber doesn't get to distract away from those questions, (ain't is a bitch SB, here they are again)...we're still listening SPACEBROTHER:

Afghans say NATO air strike kills 12 children, two women
Sun May 29, 3:24 am ET

LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan (Reuters) – An air strike called in by NATO-led troops in southern Afghanistan killed 12 children and two women, Afghan officials said on Sunday, one of the worst civilian death tolls by foreign forces in months.FULL STORY HERE

Why won't you oppose this SPACEBROTHER? Why must you back the one who kills these kids?

---------and-----------

If Pakistan drones were here killing citizens in California, how many deaths would you take before you got pissed off?

NATO Strikes Kill 32 Afghan Civilians and 20 Police
by Jason Ditz, May 29, 2011

NATO air strikes have killed at least 52 Afghans over the past 24 hours, including 32 civilians and 20 members of the police. The deaths came in two strikes, one in the Helmand Province and another in Nuristan.

The Helmand strike, late Saturday, saw NATO attack helicopters destroy a pair of homes, killing 2 women and 12 children.

FULL STORY HERE

Does this phase you SPACEBROTHER? You ready to criticize your "Great President" yet? There's a peace movement just waiting for guys like you to join...the guys who are promoting, thus causing the killing...you gotta join the other side. 50 citizens a day...is that too much for you? You are the problem SPACEBROTHER, your bombing is OK attitude is the core of the problem, not the answer. You bombing innocent is overlookable is what the peace movement MUST overcome.

Why'd they die SPACEBROTHER, can you even give us a reason?

You gonna vote for MORE? Is there any amount of killing of innocents that will stop you from promoting Obomba? Any amount? Can you give us a number, or is it unlimited?

C'mon SPACEBROTHER...enough bullshitting abouut other things and lets's answer the question...Obama is killing civillians by the scores and you're backing it...we wanna hear why they're dying and what makes you God that you can decise they must die so you can have your Democrat running the killing.

Why did they die and what gives you the right to decide that MORE must die as well? Why are you backing this killer, WHY, Why is thuis killing justified? Why do you feel it's necessary?

WHY DON'T YOU RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HERO OBOMBA'S KILLINGS?

You want us to vote for more of it, but we question it...so all fair questions.

If you evade some more, we'll all see you trying to weasel out of it AGAIN.

Why did they die, and why are you backing tomorrows killings?

We're still listening.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 am 

..in other news...

For years I have been saying that unless we get out of these labor arbetrage trade agreements that hold our jobs overseas that of course the jobs will not return until there is again cheap labor in this country...cheap enough to compete with the sweat shops of China. That's how the elites like it as they have become the hyper-rich.

Of course their representatives like Clinton (who pushed NAFTA and the WTO through originally, the original outsourcing president), Bush and now Obomba are not saying "we have to get our of these economy crippling agreements." It's not on TV wither, so the American public who largely does not go searching for news independently has no way of knowing what's happening to them...and so this richly resourced country which could provide plenty for all just continues the transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich....we get what we vote for, we reap what we create.

And with all that said, I spend most of my time trying to focus on ending the senseless killing quest for empire, rather than get distracted buy a certain democrat's distractive flailings to get away from questions...but here is some good news...it's finally entering mainstream...

May 31, 2011

Nobel Laureate: Globalism Has Been Ruinous for Americans
How Offshoring Has Destroyed the Economy

Good Ole Paul Craig Roberts...the FULL ARTICLE IS HERE

These are discouraging times, but once in a blue moon a bit of hope appears. I am pleased to report on the bit of hope delivered in March of 2011 by Michael Spence, a Nobel prize-winning economist, assisted by Sandile Hlatshwayo, a researcher at New York University. The two economists have taken a careful empirical look at jobs offshoring and concluded that it has ruined the income and employment prospects for most Americans.

To add to the amazement, their research report, “The Evolving Structure of the American Economy and the Employment Challenge,” was published by the very establishment Council on Foreign Relations.

For a decade I have warned that US corporations, pressed by Wall Street and large retailers such as Wal-Mart, to move offshore their production for US consumer markets, were simultaneously moving offshore US GDP, US tax base, US consumer income, and irreplaceable career opportunities for American citizens.

Among the serious consequences of offshoring are the dismantling of the ladders of upward mobility that made the US an “opportunity society,” an extraordinary worsening of the income distribution, and large trade and federal budget deficits that cannot be closed by normal means. These deficits now threaten the US dollar’s role as world reserve currency.

Sir James' book, The Trap, was published as long ago as 1993. His book, The Response, in which he replied to the “free trade” ideologues in the financial press and academia who denigrated his warning, was published in 1995.

Sir James called it correct, as did Roger Milliken. They predicted that the working and middle classes in the US and Europe would be ruined by the greed of Wall Street and corporations, who would boost corporate earnings by replacing their domestic work forces with foreign labor, which could be paid a fraction of labor’s productivity ...

the US economy has created new jobs only in nontradable services that cannot be offshored or be produced in locations distant from their market. For example, the services of barbers, waitresses, bar tenders, and hospital workers, unlike those of software engineers, cannot be exported...

Tradeable jobs are jobs that produce goods and services that can be exported and thus can be produced in locations distant from their market. Tradeable jobs result in higher value-added and, thereby, higher pay than most non-tradable jobs.

When a country’s tradeable goods and services are converted by offshoring into its imports, it is thrown back on low productivity domestic service jobs for its employment.
He could have added that jobs offshoring also gave us the Federal Reserve’s policy of pumping up consumer debt as a substitute for the missing growth in consumer income. There is an obvious limit to the ability to maintain the growth of consumer demand via the growth of indebtedness.

The offshored economy is the “New Economy,” which the “free trade” hirelings of Wall Street and the global corporations invented in order to pay, with grants from the offshoring corporations, for their summer homes in the Hamptons.

...resources are not inexhaustible and cannot be replicated by human capital, the world economy is being ruthlessly exploited to its detriment and to the detriment of life on earth.

Thanks to Bush/Cheney/Obama and the wars for military/security profits, we might not last long enough to test Daly’s hypothesis. As American hegemony confronts both China and Russia, hubris can rid the planet of humans before nature does.

To find a Nobel prize-winner documenting the high cost of globalism to developed economies is extraordinary. For the Council on Foreign Relations to publish it suggests that the Establishment, or some part of it, suspects that its hubris has run away with its fortunes, and that different thinking is needed to restore the US economy.

We must hope that Spence’s paper will encourage thought. On the other hand, the bought-and-paid-for-economists will confront Spence with their fantasies that the US would be enjoying full employment if only government did not discourage employment with unemployment compensation, food stamps, income support programs, unions, minimum wages, and regulation.

Recently, yet another high-level warning came from the International Monetary Fund. The IMF report said that the US economy has been seriously eroded and that the age of America is over.

Will the US business and economic establishments heed these warnings, or will the US become a third world country as I predicted at the beginning of this century?

Note to SPACEBROTHER:

Before you try to use this post as a lead in to distract away from the questions above with establisment numbers of bartender jobs that are't a drop in the bucket compared to the millions of manufacturing jobs that have been offshored, (we KNOW we're unemployed), perhaps you'll finally answer my repeated questions about your support for Obomba's killings and why we should support his future killings. Why do you judge that these troops and innocent civillians have to die? What are you gaining from that?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:20 pm 

Germany permanently closes eight nuclear plants and announces plans to abandon nuclear power by 2022.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_in_Germany

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:28 pm 

Close them all now !

Switzerland and Italy will turn them off as well.

But we're still surrounded by nuclear plants in France, Czechia (the good old Russian ones), etc. :x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:00 pm 

...and here, meanwhile, they are putting forward the plans to build the next 3 or 4 nuklear plants, regardless of current events or world tendencies... BTW, it was Germany which transferred the technology used in one out of only 2 reactors we have (strategically located in one of the most paradisaical places in here, so if shit happens, no one will be able to delight themselves over there...)

Just a trivial uncited/unreferrenced detail I just learned from Wikipedia:

Quote:
The name of the site where the power plant was built, called Itaorna, means "rotten stone" in the native Tupinamba language; this fact was unknown to the engineers before construction and became a focus of many jokes in Brazi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angra_I

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:24 pm 

Don't worry, Mr GG. Our government thinks german nuclear plants are safe. I don't trust them. Kick them out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:31 pm 

We fixed them all in the US, we just took them off the news...problem solved :lol:

(It was amazingly abrupt actually..for 2 weeks Fukushima was on 40 minutes out of the hour, then like a light switch one it dropped to 30 seconds at 20 after the hour, then nothing. They musta got the mess cleaned up :lol: )

Here in the US the banks won't lend the nuke industry any money so Obama is pushing for $54 billion in taxpayer backed loan guarantees so we can build some more plants :lol:

One fucken sick puppy.

Published on Saturday, May 7, 2011 by The Tennessean

Obama Should Back Off Risky Nuclear Loan Guarantees

FULL STORY HERE

Well before the catastrophe at Fukushima began unfolding, a familiar word was heard in discussions about plans to build a new generation of reactors in this country. That word: risk.

With President Barack Obama and Congress pushing ahead with efforts to offer up federal construction loan guarantees totaling $54.5 billion, what was the risk of taxpayers getting stuck holding the bag in the event these nuclear projects defaulted? And, why should taxpayers even be expected to assume such a risk?

Before those critical questions were satisfactorily addressed, we were sadly reminded of the other definition of risk when it comes to nuclear energy. The toll of Fukushima won’t be known for years, but assuredly the cost, both human and financial, will be huge.

As public debate over nuclear safety once again flares up — with industry’s familiar assurances that “it can’t happen here” — let’s not allow the financial risks inherent in this energy choice to be overlooked."
-----------------------------

Obama Seeks to Expand Loan Guarantees for Reactors

[url]FULL STORY HERE[/url]

The Obama administration will press ahead with efforts to expand loan guarantees for new nuclear reactors while investigating the failure of Japan’s power plants after an earthquake, Energy Secretary Steven Chu said.

The U.S. Energy Department is seeking to add $36 billion in loan-guarantee authority to the program’s existing $18.5 billion, Chu said today at a House Energy and Commerce Committee panel hearing. President Barack Obama asked lawmakers to expand the program in his February budget request.

The most frightening article I ever saw...cuz it's true...we store hundreds of tons more on site at fukishima. No ocean for the shit to blow out over as in Japan...if it happens here, half of the US is dead...and it will be too late to stop it.

I called my congressmen and said "What part of shut 'em down" don't you understand"..you can get your congressmens numbers HERE

The fucken shit's barely sub-critical now...one pool goes and we're all dead....it'll be too late to call our congressmen then, (I wonder if the 500, 000 inhabitants of Fukushima were calling their reps the day before their accident).

Oh yeah, did I mention that the spent fuel pools aren't in primary containment as the cores are..and they don't have the redundant coolant systems, (unless you want to count helecoptors with pilots on suicide missions dropping water to try to keep the elements covered).

It's not on the news though...so we're OK(:

Stupid is as stupid does.

US stores spent nuclear fuel rods at 4 times pool capacity

Each Fukushima spent fuel pool holds about 100 metric tons, he says, while each US pool holds from 500-700 metric tons. A single pool fire would release catastrophic amounts of radioactivity, rendering 17-22,000 square miles of area uninhabitable. That’s about the size of New Hampshire and Vermont – from one pool fire. {Image: Spent fuel pool at the top of a nuclear reactor.}

Engineer Keith Harmon Snow couldn’t agree more. He recently lambasted the NRC and mainstream media for downplaying the ongoing catastrophe in Japan. He notes that, “The atomic bomb that exploded at Hiroshima created about 2000 curies of radioactivity. The spent fuel pools at Vermont Yankee Nuclear Plant (U.S.) are said to hold about 75 million curies.” [emphasis added]

And that’s just one US nuclear plant, out of 104, not to ignore the undisclosed number of research sites. Then consider that several nuclear plants sit on geologic faults, as this image by Public Integrity reveals:

More at link above.

Which way does the wind blow if there's a problem in Dayton?

No pacific to catch the crap as in Japan..instead WE catch the crap....and it will be too late to stop it.

And for what, 20% of out energy?

Hell, we WASTE more than that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:38 pm 

Quick on the uptake as ever...
"Global war on drugs has 'failed' say former leaders;" suggest that legalisation is the only solution
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13624303

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:11 am 

baddy wrote:
Note to SPACEBROTHER:

Before you try to use this post as a lead in to distract away from the questions above with establisment numbers of bartender jobs that are't a drop in the bucket............

Ahh. So now you are better than everybody who works in the restaurant/bar business baddy? Gotcha...

If you work in a bar/restaurant, you are a murderer and the cause of cancer.... :P

Oh kay baddy. Whatever you say. :lol:

nutcase :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:02 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
baddy wrote:
Note to SPACEBROTHER:

Before you try to use this post as a lead in to distract away from the questions above with establisment numbers of bartender jobs that are't a drop in the bucket............

Ahh. So now you are better than everybody who works in the restaurant/bar business baddy? Gotcha...

If you work in a bar/restaurant, you are a murderer and the cause of cancer.... :P

Oh kay baddy. Whatever you say. :lol: {BADDY's NOTE: Mo, you didn't "getme" because that is a lie that I said that, why do you lie so much...is that all you have ? Lies, insults, and "Fuck You's?"}nutcase :roll:

Wrong again SPACEBROTHER, though you might like to imply to others that I think I am, (in fact you were pretty ridiculous that time).

The idea the country needs to EXPORT, not just import. We cannot keep borrowing hundreds of billions of dollars a year from China to buy everything down to our underwear from them. This is about the damage that outsourcing under the WTO and NAFTA has done to our country. No country can withstand the excavation of their manufacturing base...how long can we keep borrowing 600, 000, 000, 000 every year (600bn), to buy goods from China? How are the kids going to pay that back? We literally don't even make our own underwear anymore, slave labor abroad does and the hyper rich are keeping the difference for themselves. The end of the cycle has already begun as the people no longer can borrow to buy stuff made in China, so we are starting to go off the cliff of "having less." The definition of a third world country is exactly a country that deos not export, that has only internal domestic services. We have rapidly begun to become a third world country, and the march has it's cheerleaders...."more of the same-more of the same" is their mantra.

No country has ever survived this, (if they had, their currency would still be the world's reserve currency).

If you knew something about economics you would have understood the difference between manufacturing/exporting jobs, and domestic services jobs....and you wouldn't have written that stupid post.

It has nothing to do with the people working....it is about what is happening to our jobs. We've lost our manufacturing base and only generate domestic services and government jobs now...no country has ever survived that.

But Obama isn't talking about that is he...so people like you don't know about that do they.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
And I think the forumers all can recognize this bullshit for what it is; you're exposing your weaknesses by posting it.

And I'll repost so we don't get "accidentally" distracted and snowed away from the questions you don't want to answer...we're still listening:

...and so that our hard core Democrat bomber doesn't get to distract away from those questions again, (ain't is a bitch SB, here they are again)...we're still listening SPACEBROTHER:

LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan (Reuters) – An air strike called in by NATO-led troops in southern Afghanistan killed 12 children and two women, Afghan officials said on Sunday, one of the worst civilian death tolls by foreign forces in months.FULL STORY HERE

Why won't you oppose this SPACEBROTHER? Why must you back the one who kills these kids?

---------and-----------

If Pakistan drones were here killing citizens in California, how many deaths would you take before you got pissed off?

NATO air strikes have killed at least 52 Afghans over the past 24 hours, including 32 civilians and 20 members of the police. The deaths came in two strikes, one in the Helmand Province and another in Nuristan.

The Helmand strike, late Saturday, saw NATO attack helicopters destroy a pair of homes, killing 2 women and 12 children.

You got any heart for those children SPACEBROTHER? Perhaps you could tell them why they, and THOUSANDS of others have already died and why MORE MUST die...what are they dieing for SPACEBROTHER...you're supporting their killer, why don't you tell us why they must die and what gives you the right to decide about them?

Important questions and you're not answering them. The absence of any answer is a huge weakness, especially since we're talking about your presidents killing of innocents by the thousands...why do yuo keep supporting him in face of his killing, you must have a reason that their deaths are OK with you. Enlighten us as to your wisdom.

We're listening.

FULL STORY HERE

Does this phase you SPACEBROTHER? You ready to criticize your "Great President" yet? There's a peace movement just waiting for guys like you to join...the guys who are promoting, thus causing the killing...you gotta join the other side. 50 citizens a day...is that too much for you? You are the problem SPACEBROTHER, your bombing is OK attitude is the core of the problem, not the answer. You bombing innocent is overlookable is what the peace movement MUST overcome.

Why'd they die SPACEBROTHER, can you even give us a reason?

You gonna vote for MORE? Is there any amount of killing of innocents that will stop you from promoting Obomba? Any amount? Can you give us a number, or is it unlimited?

C'mon SPACEBROTHER...enough bullshitting and distracting about other things and lets's answer the question...Obama is killing civillians by the scores and you're backing it...we wanna hear why they're dying and what makes you God that you can decise they must die so you can have your Democrat running the killing.

Why did they die and what gives you the right to decide that MORE must die as well? Why are you backing this killer, WHY, Why is this killing justified? Why do you feel it's necessary?

We're still listening.

Last edited by baddy on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:50 am 

Here's a little more on the damage we are doing to ourselves by continuing to support and vote for people who won't change tax law and wont talk about the urgent need to get out of the crippling trade agreements of the WTO and NAFTA that the super rich are becoming the hyper rich (at our expense), off of...

The truth just rings true, doesn't it, (lol, well to MOST of us).

Blind to the Consequences of Offshoring
Paul Craig Roberts (a former Asst. Sec. to yhr US Treasury)

FULL ARTICLE HERE

"Both the U.S. government and U.S. consumers are accumulating debt at a rapid pace. Debt-driven consumption is exceeding U.S. output by a sum in excess of $800 billion annually."

"It is this replacement of U.S. workforces by foreign workers that explains the extraordinary rise in CEO compensation and the flow of most of the income and wealth gains to the few people at the top. By offshoring their workforces, CEOs cut their costs and make or exceed their earnings forecasts, thus receiving bonuses that are many multiples of their salaries. Shareholders also benefit. When plants are closed and jobs are offshored, American employees lose their livelihoods, but managements and shareholders prosper. Offshoring is causing an extraordinary increase in American income inequality."

"Offshoring is causing dire problems for the United States. I have suggested that one necessary reform will be to break the connection between CEO pay and short-run profit performance. As long as CEOs can get filthy rich in a few years by dumping their U.S. workforce, the trade deficit will continue to rise, and more college graduates will be employed as waitresses and bartenders."

"As long as the dollar retains its reserve currency role, Americans can continue to hand over paper for real goods and services. But how long can the United States retain the reserve currency role when its economy does not make things to export; when its work force is employed in domestic services; and when its foreign creditors own its assets?"

As Jobs Leave America's Shores...
The New Face of Class War

By PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS

"Te attacks on middle-class jobs are lending new meaning to the phrase "class war". The ladders of upward mobility are being dismantled. America, the land of opportunity, is giving way to ever deepening polarization between rich and poor."

"NAFTA and the various so-called trade agreements were never trade deals. The agreements were enabling acts that enabled U.S. corporations to dump their American workers, avoid Social Security taxes, health care and pensions, and move their factories offshore to locations where labor is cheap.

The offshore outsourcing of American jobs has nothing to do with free trade based on comparative advantage. Offshoring is labor arbitrage. First world capital and technology are not seeking comparative advantage at home in order to compete abroad. They are seeking absolute advantage abroad in cheap labor."

"...offshoring is destroying entire industries, occupations and communities in the United States. The devastation of U.S. manufacturing employment was waved away with promises that a "new economy" based on high-tech knowledge jobs would take its place. Education and retraining were touted as the answer."

"The BLS payroll jobs data contradict the hype from business organizations, such as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, that offshore outsourcing is good for America. Large corporations, which have individually dismissed thousands of their U.S. employees and replaced them with foreigners, claim that jobs outsourcing allows them to save money that can be used to hire more Americans. The corporations and the business organizations are very successful in placing this disinformation in the media. The lie is repeated everywhere and has become a mantra among no-think economists and politicians. "

All of the occupations with the largest projected employment growth (in terms of the number of jobs) over the next decade are in nontradable domestic services. The top ten sources of the most jobs in "superpower" America are: retail salespersons, registered nurses, postsecondary teachers, customer service representatives, janitors and cleaners, waiters and waitresses, food preparation (includes fast food), home health aides, nursing aides, orderlies and attendants, general and operations managers.9 Note than none of this projected employment growth will contribute one nickel toward producing goods and services that could be exported to help close the huge U.S. trade deficit.

{baddy's note: This part in green is what SPACEBROTHER doesn't understand and hense came up with accusing me of putting myself "above" bartenders...which is absurd.

I am not asserting that I'm "better" than bartenders...I AM talking about closing the trade deficit before we become a third world country. As long as the rich have cheerleaders like SPACEBROTHER, we will not close the trade deficit and we WILL become a third world country. Under SPACEBROTHER's plan the jobs will be back when there is again cheap labor in the US...when US pay is the same as Chinese slave labor...is that what we want?}

"America is seeing a widening polarization into rich and poor. The resulting political instability and social strife will be terrible."
FULL ARTICLE HERE

America's Third World Economy

By PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS
"The millions of unemployed today are blamed on the popped real estate bubble and the subprime derivative financial crisis. However, the US economy has been losing jobs for a decade. As manufacturing, information technology, software engineering, research, development, and tradable professional services have been moved offshore, the American middle class has shriveled. The ladders of upward mobility that made American an “opportunity society” have been dismantled.

The loss of middle class jobs and incomes was covered up for years by the expansion of consumer debt to substitute for the lack of income growth. Americans refinanced their homes and spent the equity, and they maxed out their credit cards.

Consumer debt expansion has run its course, and there is no possibility of continuing to drive the economy with additions to consumer debt. "

..and so on and so on...

"The writing is on the wall...unfortunately, it is right behind the TV set."
-baddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:48 am 

Call any vegetable? Not in Germany at the moment:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/f ... 502269.stm
Also interesting - a gender specific illness. Conspiracy theorists could have a field day!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:43 am 

Caputh wrote:
Also interesting - a gender specific illness. Conspiracy theorists could have a field day!

It's obvious "They" keep experimenting with ways to kill down the population, unfortunately while war is effective, there is nothing like a good old fashion outbreak. but when introducing a viral component into the general population one must be sure not to "let the cat out of the bag" and hence endanger ones self or ones choosen group of servivors. Sooner or later "They" will get the right mix in the right delivery system and "They" will get the world population down to "Their" desired quantity...anyone think they can guess this number?

:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:19 pm 

It is very bad news. Because of the bad rip on Spanish cucumbers, which are probably not the cause, Dutch and German farmers now have great trouble selling their cucumbers. For instance, Russia has forbidden all import of Dutch vegetables, even though the source is still very unclear and probably not Dutch.

Me? I love cucumbers and would love to see them lower in price.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:43 pm 

Maybe someone oughtta think of making some pickles? :|

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:27 pm 

Caputh wrote:
"Global war on drugs has 'failed' say former leaders;" suggest that legalisation is the only solution

Cui bono from the illegal drug trade? Did you ask the CIA(among others)?

A major worry in Brazil is that in case of the legalization of some drugs the heavy armament used by drug dealers in the slums of Rio would have to be used in other even more violent (or at least more violent for people on the rich areas of the city) criminal activities, if criminals are to make ends meet their way...

Plook wrote:
Caputh wrote:

It's obvious "They" keep experimenting with ways to kill down the population, unfortunately while war is effective, there is nothing like a good old fashion outbreak. but when introducing a viral component into the general population one must be sure not to "let the cat out of the bag" and hence endanger ones self or ones choosen group of servivors. Sooner or later "They" will get the right mix in the right delivery system and "They" will get the world population down to "Their" desired quantity...anyone think they can guess this number?

Figures could be as low as one sixth (or ~16%) to one thenth (600 million individuals world wide) of the current population, according some conspiracy theorist( :roll: )!

I have little doubt of what is behind this new outbreak. Swine Flu, anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:07 pm 

Here in OZ, due to the flood disasters and cyclone, etc, the price of bananas has gone up to at least $15 a kg. It's normally about $5. We're not eating bananas here very often at the moment, but get a couple every now and then as a treat. So, in general, life's a bit of a pickle and everyone's gone bananas. Ho ho.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:21 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Cui bono from the illegal drug trade? Did you ask the CIA(among others)?

A major worry in Brazil is that in case of the legalization of some drugs the heavy armament used by drug dealers in the slums of Rio would have to be used in other even more violent (or at least more violent for people on the rich areas of the city) criminal activities, if criminals are to make ends meet their way...

Plook wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Figures could be as low as one sixth (or ~16%) to one thenth (600 million individuals world wide) of the current population, according some conspiracy theorist( :roll: )!

I have little doubt of what is behind this new outbreak. Swine Flu, anyone?

I have heard as low as 200,000,000, which seems outrageously low, a more workable number seems to be 2 Billion which would remove approximately 2/3 of the current population. That would be a more manageable number anything more could lead to a complete loss of population or such a small bottle neck, that extinction would be a real possibility. I’m not for the removal of anyone, but the Earth may be in need of a good old fashion thinning of the heard. It does seem ironic that all the advance we have made in medicine and science have caused the planet to kick in its natural defenses in order to cleanse itself of the infestation that is causing its troubles. Maybe “They” are trying to facilitate the process in order to stop the planet from causing a worldwide catastrophe needed to cleanse itself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:25 pm 

baddy wrote:
The idea the country needs to EXPORT, not just import. We cannot keep borrowing hundreds of billions of dollars a year from China to buy everything down to our underwear from them. This is about the damage that outsourcing under the WTO and NAFTA has done to our country. No country can withstand the excavation of their manufacturing base...how long can we keep borrowing 600, 000, 000, 000 every year (600bn), to buy goods from China? How are the kids going to pay that back? We literally don't even make our own underwear anymore, slave labor abroad does and the hyper rich are keeping the difference for themselves. The end of the cycle has already begun as the people no longer can borrow to buy stuff made in China, so we are starting to go off the cliff of "having less." The definition of a third world country is exactly a country that deos not export, that has only internal domestic services. We have rapidly begun to become a third world country, and the march has it's cheerleaders...."more of the same-more of the same" is their mantra.

No country has ever survived this, (if they had, their currency would still be the world's reserve currency).

If you knew something about economics you would have understood the difference between manufacturing/exporting jobs, and domestic services jobs....and you wouldn't have written that stupid post.

It has nothing to do with the people working....it is about what is happening to our jobs. We've lost our manufacturing base and only generate domestic services and government jobs now...no country has ever survived that.

Anyone with a half of a brain cell can look at the timeline on the graph you posted and see that the economic collapse happened well before Obama took office. Interesting that you blame it on Obama though, but not Bush and the Republicans, who were in control and faciltated the economic crash, as they always do.

Also, I know the difference between the service industry and manufacturing. Hell, here in Michigan, GM and Chrysler, for the first time in decades, are actually creating new manufacturing jobs. You're obviously just blowing smoke up everybodies asses.

Study your graph again, you've obviously missed or selectively ignored the information and timelines it contains, that is unless of course, you are too busy calling everybody murderers and putting yourself above restaurant/bar owners/employee's.

Speaking of stupid posts.......

baddy wrote:
And if SPACEBROTHERS going to renig on his statement above............. and how many thousands he's willing to kill to get it.

......I'm never going to let you live this one down.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:20 pm 

Wow spacer once again you have it all figured out.. good to hear the economy is doing so well..looks like Obama and his experts have it going great so you can take a bow and STOP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:12 pm 

Here's Obomba's killings for today...SPACEBROTHER says these people in a country that never attacked the US were killed by one of the Greatest Presidents in History. Under the constitution and under International Law it is illegal to attack in a country that we are not presently attack from or under imminent attack from. These attacks and their killing are illegal.

I keep asking SPACEBROTHER over and over to answer the question of why these people and our troops must die and why he figures we should vote for more of it...but he never seems to answer the questions about the killing he is supporting.

Yet he keeps coming back and saying Obomba is great...oooking the other way to the killing and giving advice we should vote for him.

I just keep asking the simple question about this part of this voting advice...want me to vote for Obama SPACEBROTHER, but what about all this futile warring and killing?

A lot of people don't want to vote for more war and vote for futile killing, so it's a FAIR QUESTION. You're not trying to fool us into voting for your hero are you SPACEBROTHER? You're not hoping we will just follow your advice and not notice the furile warring and killing are you?

OR are you hoping we just won't care about our brothers in the service, in Pakistan, Lybia and Afghanastan?

War is not thhe answer...you can't bomb your way to peace.

US Drone Strike Kills Seven in South Waziristan

"At least seven people were killed today when US drones attacked a home in South Waziristan Agency, firing three missiles into what was termed a “suspected militant hideout.” The identities of the slain were unknown.

...Pakistan’s government has repeatedly demanded that the US stop its drone attacks against the tribal areas, the continuation of which have been a major part of the rising tensions between the two nations.

The drone strikes have been hugely unpopular among Pakistanis, and reports coming out of the tribal areas suggest the attacks are largely conducted on the basis of faulty intelligence, which would explain why the vast, vast majority of the victims are random, unnamed tribesmen."

And so we don't get distracted off the subject again, I'll post it again:

Maybe you'll answer this time...
baddy wrote:
And I'll repost so we don't get "accidentally" distracted and snowed away from the questions you don't want to answer...we're still listening:

...and so that our hard core Democrat bomber doesn't get to distract away from those questions again, (ain't is a bitch SB, here they are again)...we're still listening SPACEBROTHER:

---------and-----------

You got any heart for those children SPACEBROTHER? Perhaps you could tell them why they, and THOUSANDS of others have already died and why MORE MUST die...what are they dieing for SPACEBROTHER...you're supporting their killer, why don't you tell us why they must die and what gives you the right to decide they must die?[/size]

Important questions and you're not answering any of them. The absence of any answer is a huge weakness, especially since we're talking about your presidents killing of innocents by the thousands...why do you keep supporting him in face of his killing, you must have a reason that their deaths are OK with you. Enlighten us as to your wisdom.

We're listening.

FULL STORY HERE

[size=150]Why'd they die SPACEBROTHER, can you even give us a reason?

C'mon SPACEBROTHER...enough bullshitting and distracting about other things and lets's answer the question...Obama is killing civillians by the scores and you're backing him[/color]...we wanna hear why they're dying and what makes you God that you can decide they must die so you can have your Democrat running the killing.

Why's they die SPACEBROTHER? Can you tell us why?
Why did they die SPACEBROTHER and what gives you the right to decide that MORE must die as well? Why are you backing this killer, WHY, Why is this killing justified? Why do you feel it's necessary?
[color=#000080]

We're still listening.

Here is another interesting read:

Our revolt is not Obama's

Barack Obama says he wants change in the Arab world yet insults us with the same old bad policies

Ahdaf Soueif The Guardian, Saturday 21 May 2011

ImageBarack Obama listed what he sees as his country's "core interests" in my country Egypt and my region; his country's "core principles" governing how it will act towards us, and his policies to promote US interests within the frame of US principles. Let's translate the US president's description of his "core interests in the region" into effects on the ground:

"Countering terrorism" has implicated (at least) Egypt, Syria and Jordan in the US's extraordinary rendition programme, turning our governments into torturers for hire and consolidating a culture of security services supremacy and brutality that is killing Syrian protesters today and manifests itself in Egypt as a serious counter-revolution.

"Stopping the spread of nuclear weapons" highlights consistent US double standards as Arab nuclear scientists are murdered, the US threatens Iran, and Israel happily develops its illicit arsenal.

"Securing the free flow of commerce" has meant shoving crony capitalism down our throats, bribing governments to sell our national assets and blackmailing us into partnerships bad for us.

"Supporting Israel" has led to land, resources and hope being stolen from Palestinians while Egypt becomes their jailer and dishonest broker, losing its credibility and self-respect.

Obama has all the information above; he knows that Hosni Mubarak's dedication to delivering US "core interests" is why the Egyptian millions demanded his departure, why Tahrir proclaimed him an "agent of America and Israel", and why he is now under arrest.

The blame is not all with America. We had a regime that was susceptible, that became actively complicit; assiduously finding ways to serve US and Israeli interests – and ruin us. But: we got rid of it. Peaceably, with grace and within the law. We Got Rid of It.

So when Obama says, "We will continue to do" the things described above, it's a challenge. When he adds, "with the firm belief that America's interests are not hostile to people's hopes; they are essential to them" – it's obfuscation and an insult to every citizen across the world – including Americans – who followed our revolutions with empathy and with hope.

And he will continue to "do these things" through the same bad policies : projects for US companies paid for with Egyptian debt, more debt, more IMF and World Bank plans pushing us to privilege "growth" and "free trade" over real development and critical issues like food security. This is not what we want.

If Obama is serious about supporting self-determination, here's a to-do list: remove state department warnings and give tax breaks to Americans holidaying in Egypt and Tunisia; grant a temporary tax amnesty to Egyptian imports; find our stolen money and hold it until our elections; regulate the US security industry; stop US aid to Israel and Egypt; close tax loopholes that encourage US citizens to fund settlements in Palestine; encourage Israeli transparency regarding its nuclear weapons.

In the end, our revolutions are not by or for or about the US. We in Tunisia and Egypt, and soon in Libya, Syria, Yemen, are looking for ways to run our countries to the benefit of our people and the world. We see that democracy is a necessary, but not sufficient, condition. "Democratic" systems are failing their people, in Britain, in India, in the US, as millions fall into poverty, banks take precedence over hospitals and universities, the environment is degraded and the fabric of society frayed, the media are compromised, and politico-business scandals are standard entertainment.

The world needs better; and that's what we're working for.

Last edited by baddy on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:02 pm 

Plook wrote:
I have heard as low as 200,000,000, which seems outrageously low, a more workable number seems to be 2 Billion which would remove approximately 2/3 of the current population. That would be a more manageable number anything more could lead to a complete loss of population or such a small bottle neck, that extinction would be a real possibility. I’m not for the removal of anyone, but the Earth may be in need of a good old fashion thinning of the heard. It does seem ironic that all the advance we have made in medicine and science have caused the planet to kick in its natural defenses in order to cleanse itself of the infestation that is causing its troubles. Maybe “They” are trying to facilitate the process in order to stop the planet from causing a worldwide catastrophe needed to cleanse itself.

I am for the philosophy that technology might solve all of our current environmental dilemmas (if only we could solve our political problems and inequalities first)...

polydigm wrote:
Here in OZ, due to the flood disasters and cyclone, etc, the price of bananas has gone up to at least $15 a kg. It's normally about $5. We're not eating bananas here very often at the moment, but get a couple every now and then as a treat. So, in general, life's a bit of a pickle and everyone's gone bananas. Ho ho.

That is sad, here bananas are so [relatively] cheap, that our language expression for 'dime a donzen' is "price of banana"...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:15 am 

Here's Obomba's killings for today... SPACEBROTHER says these people in a country that never attacked the US were killed by one of the Greatest Presidents in History....AND HE WON'T ANSWER WHEN HE IS ASKED ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT.

Under the constitution and under International Law it is illegal to attack in a country that we are not presently attack from or under imminent attack from. These attacks and their killing are illegal.

I keep asking SPACEBROTHER over and over to answer the question of why these people and our troops must die and why he figures we should vote for more of it...but he never seems to answer the questions about the killing he is supporting.

Yet he keeps coming back and saying Obomba is great...looking the other way to the killing and giving advice we should vote for him and his destructive wars.

I just keep asking the simple question about this part of this voting advice...want me to vote for Obama SPACEBROTHER, but what about all this futile warring and killing?

PERHAPS we should finally conclude that SPACEBROTHER CANNOT answer the questions he never answers and we therefore should shitcan his lousey advice to support Obama unless we also want to become comnplicit in his futile wars? SPACEBROTHER has had plenty of opportunities to answer these questions of why these people must die and what gives him the right to decide they must die.

Is that what we should do SPACEBROTHER, shitcan your "Obama is great advice" because you never can give us reasons we too should become complicit his these killings?

A lot of people don't want to vote for more war and vote for futile killing, so it's a FAIR QUESTION. You're not trying to fool us into voting for your hero are you SPACEBROTHER? You're not hoping we will just follow your advice and not notice the futile warring and killing are you?

OR are you hoping we just won't care about our brothers in the service, in Pakistan, Lybia and Afghanastan?

War is not the answer...you can't bomb your way to peace in these futile wars.

US Drone Strike Kills Seven in South Waziristan

"At least seven people were killed today when US drones attacked a home in South Waziristan Agency, firing three missiles into what was termed a “suspected militant hideout.” The identities of the slain were unknown.

...Pakistan’s government has repeatedly demanded that the US stop its drone attacks against the tribal areas, the continuation of which have been a major part of the rising tensions between the two nations.

The drone strikes have been hugely unpopular among Pakistanis, and reports coming out of the tribal areas suggest the attacks are largely conducted on the basis of faulty intelligence, which would explain why the vast, vast majority of the victims are random, unnamed tribesmen."

And so we don't get distracted off the subject again, I'll post it again:

Maybe you'll answer this time...
baddy wrote:

---------and-----------

You got any heart for those children SPACEBROTHER? Perhaps you could tell them why they, and THOUSANDS of others have already died and why MORE MUST die...what are they dieing for SPACEBROTHER...you're supporting their killer, why don't you tell us why they must die and what gives you the right to decide they must die?[/size]

Important questions and you're not answering any of them. The absence of any answer is a huge weakness, especially since we're talking about your presidents killing of innocents by the thousands...why do you keep supporting him in face of his killing, you must have a reason that their deaths are OK with you. Enlighten us as to your wisdom.

We're listening.

FULL STORY HERE

[size=150]Why'd they die SPACEBROTHER, can you even give us a reason?

C'mon SPACEBROTHER...enough bullshitting and distracting about other things and lets's answer the question...Obama is killing civillians by the scores and you're backing him[/color]...we wanna hear why they're dying and what makes you God that you can decide they must die so you can have your Democrat running the killing.

Why's they die SPACEBROTHER? Can you tell us why?
Why did they die SPACEBROTHER and what gives you the right to decide that MORE must die as well? Why are you backing this killer, WHY, Why is this killing justified? Why do you feel it's necessary?
[color=#000080]

We're still listening.

Here is another interesting read:

Our revolt is not Obama's

Barack Obama says he wants change in the Arab world yet insults us with the same old bad policies

Ahdaf Soueif The Guardian, Saturday 21 May 2011

ImageBarack Obama listed what he sees as his country's "core interests" in my country Egypt and my region; his country's "core principles" governing how it will act towards us, and his policies to promote US interests within the frame of US principles. Let's translate the US president's description of his "core interests in the region" into effects on the ground:

"Countering terrorism" has implicated (at least) Egypt, Syria and Jordan in the US's extraordinary rendition programme, turning our governments into torturers for hire and consolidating a culture of security services supremacy and brutality that is killing Syrian protesters today and manifests itself in Egypt as a serious counter-revolution.

"Stopping the spread of nuclear weapons" highlights consistent US double standards as Arab nuclear scientists are murdered, the US threatens Iran, and Israel happily develops its illicit arsenal.

"Securing the free flow of commerce" has meant shoving crony capitalism down our throats, bribing governments to sell our national assets and blackmailing us into partnerships bad for us.

"Supporting Israel" has led to land, resources and hope being stolen from Palestinians while Egypt becomes their jailer and dishonest broker, losing its credibility and self-respect.

Obama has all the information above; he knows that Hosni Mubarak's dedication to delivering US "core interests" is why the Egyptian millions demanded his departure, why Tahrir proclaimed him an "agent of America and Israel", and why he is now under arrest.

The blame is not all with America. We had a regime that was susceptible, that became actively complicit; assiduously finding ways to serve US and Israeli interests – and ruin us. But: we got rid of it. Peaceably, with grace and within the law. We Got Rid of It.

So when Obama says, "We will continue to do" the things described above, it's a challenge. When he adds, "with the firm belief that America's interests are not hostile to people's hopes; they are essential to them" – it's obfuscation and an insult to every citizen across the world – including Americans – who followed our revolutions with empathy and with hope.
And he will continue to "do these things" through the same bad policies : projects for US companies paid for with Egyptian debt, more debt, more IMF and World Bank plans pushing us to privilege "growth" and "free trade" over real development and critical issues like food security. This is not what we want.

If Obama is serious about supporting self-determination, here's a to-do list: remove state department warnings and give tax breaks to Americans holidaying in Egypt and Tunisia; grant a temporary tax amnesty to Egyptian imports; find our stolen money and hold it until our elections; regulate the US security industry; stop US aid to Israel and Egypt; close tax loopholes that encourage US citizens to fund settlements in Palestine; encourage Israeli transparency regarding its nuclear weapons.

In the end, our revolutions are not by or for or about the US. We in Tunisia and Egypt, and soon in Libya, Syria, Yemen, are looking for ways to run our countries to the benefit of our people and the world. We see that democracy is a necessary, but not sufficient, condition. "Democratic" systems are failing their people, in Britain, in India, in the US, as millions fall into poverty, banks take precedence over hospitals and universities, the environment is degraded and the fabric of society frayed, the media are compromised, and politico-business scandals are standard entertainment.

The world needs better; and that's what we're working for.

...and "this just in" the emails from Iraqi Vetrans Against the War:

Dear Charles,

Operation Recovery is desperately needed. Just read this posting on our Facebook page from Jeff, a soldier currently serving in Afghanistan:

"I am a soldier and have experienced multiple TBI's [Traumatic Brain Injuries]. I spent 2 months at the TBI level III clinic in BAF [Bagram Air Field] this deployment. I have been returned to duty and still need constant medical attention. Due to numerous medications that treat my Anxiety, concentration issues, and memory problems. I was in a MASCAL [mass casualty situation] were 30 plus people died and more than double that wounded. But due to mission and location my ability to see a doctor is very limited and I'm constantly running out of my medications. What this group is trying to do is amazing. I have watched way to many friends go down the drain. Dealing with the anger of not only multiple TBI's but losing your brothers in arms. Glad to see someone cares and understands what our nation is putting us through."

Why are soldiers like Jeff returned to active duty with Traumatic Brain Injury, anxiety and on multiple psychotropic medications? Jeff's right to heal is being violated by our government.

Help the Operation Recovery Campaign stand up for soldiers like Jeff.

Join the Operation Recovery Facebook group to read more postings by soldiers and veterans who are hearing about our campaign.

Support the work of the Operation Recovery Campaign by making a donation. (Put "Fort Hood" in the Special Projects box.)

Read this article on our first week of activity at Fort Hood and share it with your friends.

Sign the Operation Recovery Pledge.

Operation Recovery commemorates Memorial Day with action, education

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 806  Next