Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 837, 838, 839, 840, 841, 842, 843 ... 863  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:21 pm 

Pro-life congressman Tim Murphy resigns in 'abortion scandal'

An anti-abortion US lawmaker will resign after a report this week that he asked his lover to seek a termination during a pregnancy scare.

Tim Murphy announced on Wednesday night he would not stand in next year's mid-term elections.

But the Pennsylvania Republican has now said he will resign from the House of Representatives on 21 October.

His lover suggested he was a hypocrite when he allegedly proposed she seek an abortion.

Only this week he voted for a bill that would outlaw abortions after 20 weeks.

House Speaker Paul Ryan confirmed he had received Mr Murphy's letter of resignation on Thursday.

"We thank him for his many years of tireless work on mental health issues here in Congress and his service to the country as a naval reserve officer," Mr Ryan said in a statement.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported this week that it had obtained text messages between the married congressman and his lover, forensic psychologist Shannon Edwards.

Mr Murphy admitted to the affair last month after it became public in her divorce proceedings.

According to the newspaper, she sent him a text on 25 January reminding the congressman he had "zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options".

A text reply reportedly sent from Mr Murphy's mobile phone maintained it was his staff who were behind the anti-abortion rhetoric, not him.

"I get what you say about my March for life messages," he wrote.

"I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more. I will."

It turned out the pregnancy scare was unfounded, reports the Post-Gazette.

On Tuesday, the congressman voted in favour of a Republican bill that would criminalise abortions performed after 20 weeks of foetal development.

Mr Murphy, a member of the House of Representatives Pro-Life Caucus who is in his eighth term, was a co-sponsor of the bill.

He has been praised by the Family Research Council, a conservative Christian lobby group, for his stance on abortion and family values.

The anti-abortion bill he co-sponsored is expected to fail in the Senate, where Democrats have enough votes to stop the measure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:07 pm 

Tweedle-Dumb-Diane-Bean-Counter wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Well there you have it....

Senate Intelligence Committee leaders: Russia did interfere in 2016 elections
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... ailsignout

I will NEVER recognize that fucking neo-nazi white supremacist pandering birther Russian traitor Trump as a president. Hillary won, was robbed....end of story.

Uh, no...

Uh, yes...

Assange was/is working for Russia and helped Trump. Funny you'd use an interview with Hannity to attempt to back up your brainwashed delusion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:08 pm 

Oral boy wrote:

Fellate much? :lol:

You might want to do some research before you gurgle and slurp all over yourself....

Julian Assange Is A Russian Front-Man, Not A Freedom Fighter
http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/09/jul ... m-fighter/

...and here he is admitting it...to Hannity of all people....here comes the fat shlong into your mouth...open wide...

Assange: Some leaks may have been Russian
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity ... en-russian

Your "alternative fact"-based universe only exposes the feeble mind locked away in your numb-skull.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:35 am 

Plook wrote:
BBP wrote:
In the category "Dutch News You Probably Couldn't Care Less About", the director of Buma/Stemra (the organization that collects money from places where music is played and distributes it to the musician members) is now in trouble. Turns out that, while he was in office, he had an expensive redecoration, business class flights and a highly expensive membership of a golf course, at the cost of Buma/Stemra.
Oh, and he employed the daughter of a friend as controller.

There's a reason why this composer here never joined those bastards.

Sounds like a candidate for the Trump administration... :mrgreen:

I think Trump might just win the Nobel peace prize...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:27 am 

I'm wrong! Hurray!

Nobel Peace Prize goes to International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:02 am 

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:11 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Pro-life congressman Tim Murphy resigns in 'abortion scandal'

An anti-abortion US lawmaker will resign after a report this week that he asked his lover to seek a termination during a pregnancy scare.

Tim Murphy announced on Wednesday night he would not stand in next year's mid-term elections.

But the Pennsylvania Republican has now said he will resign from the House of Representatives on 21 October.

His lover suggested he was a hypocrite when he allegedly proposed she seek an abortion.

Only this week he voted for a bill that would outlaw abortions after 20 weeks.
John Cole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:10 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:

Fellate much? :lol:

You might want to do some research before you gurgle and slurp all over yourself....

Julian Assange Is A Russian Front-Man, Not A Freedom Fighter
http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/09/jul ... m-fighter/

That was an opinion-piece-of-shit. Certainly NOT fact.

...and here he is admitting it...to Hannity of all people....here comes the fat shlong into your mouth...open wide...

Assange: Some leaks may have been Russian
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity ... en-russian

Your "alternative fact"-based universe only exposes the feeble mind locked away in your numb-skull.

According to the left-wing establishment, ALL leaks were supposedly Russian. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:52 pm 

no db, you're the only one saying that...

I'm watching the midnight lights and blasts atop Mt Popocatepetl

One just happned as I typed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqUOuDW89WQ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:22 pm 

punknaynowned wrote:
I'm watching the midnight lights and blasts atop Mt Popocatepetl

One just happned as I typed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqUOuDW89WQ

Cool. I like watching shit blow up...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:18 am 

dude it's happening again right fucking now!!!

I heard it. Big booms!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:59 am 

oh shit more shit :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:53 am 

Just noticed that noone's posted anything about Theresa May's disastrous speech at Manchester this week. Everything that could go wrong during the speech did. I particularly enjoyed it when she lost her voice (which went on for a very long time, about 15 minutes at least) and, unlike many others, felt no sympathy for her at all...
http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-politics- ... t-expected

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:26 pm 

^^^^
The only way someone so hapless and politically incongruous could hold such a position for so long is with a Boris Johnson grinning in the background, asking, 'Can I ride the scooter?' The BREXIT dangle is driving the fissure deeper between the few and the many and I gather the Tories have essentially concluded the apocolypse is nigh. Seen people on the right say either their party breaks up or it's the end of Britain. I hear there is an alternative though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:15 pm 

punknaynowned wrote:
no db, you're the only one saying that...

No, I'm not. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:27 pm 

punknaynowned wrote:
^^^^
The only way someone so hapless and politically incongruous could hold such a position for so long is with a Boris Johnson grinning in the background, asking, 'Can I ride the scooter?' The BREXIT dangle is driving the fissure deeper between the few and the many and I gather the Tories have essentially concluded the apocolypse is nigh. Seen people on the right say either their party breaks up or it's the end of Britain. I hear there is an alternative though.

^^^^^
+
^^^^^

I couldn't believe "they" let her carry on, someone from her party, if they gave a damn, should have stepped in and got her off to get her act together, but no let's all enjoy the train wreck, seemed to be the order of the day.....

In local news

The NZ Election was held back on September 23rd.....The media have been in a frenzy since the 24th predicting the outcome based on the provisional results, despite around 15% of the total votes yet to be counted. Saturday October the 7th the special votes have finally been counted and the results are in.....

National Party - 44.4% - 56 seats

Labour Party - 36.9% - 46 seats

New Zealand First Party - 7.2% - 9 seats

Green Party - 6.3% - 8 seats

ACT New Zealand - 0.5% - 1 seat

National lost two seats from the provisional results, Labour gained one and the Greens picked up the other.

To out gun the fat cat National party Labour will need to form a coalition with both NZ First and the Greens, the Greens have already indicated they will go with Labour.

Winston (king/queen maker) Peters the leader of NZ First is holding meetings today with both National and Labour before he decides the government of NZ for the next three years.

Today the people of NZ are waiting, the media are fizzing and Winston is smiling from ear to ear. Which party will give Winston what he wants to give them the majority :?

stay tuned.....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:26 am 

punknaynowned wrote:
^^^^

I agree in the main, basically because the BREXIT campaign lied so much that even many of the people who voted for BREXIT who didn't hate immigrants have begun to regret their decision.

My theory is that Johnson is attempting to get himself fired at the moment in order to be able to step in after she fails.

If you mean by the alternative Labour, I think they have to be extremely careful. The Tories (who broought Britian into this mess), if they had any intelligence, would call an election, lose it and leave the whole disaster to Labour, thus tarnishing them for decades.

If you mean UKIP, then GB is really fucked. :wink:

Agree with Grey Ghost, too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:43 pm 

An image we recently posted on Facebook missed the mark in representing women of color thoughtfully. We deeply regret the offense it caused.

— Dove (@Dove) October 7, 2017

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:15 pm 

NZ Police massive fail!

After a horror weekend of deaths on NZ roads, the Police put this meme/tweet or whatever up on their community website

It was removed within minutes after complaints poured in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:40 pm 

ImageImage
Here are before and after pictures of the Coffey Park neighborhood in Santa Rosa California. They were taken before and after the Tubbs fire swept through the area Sunday night.

I used to live in Santa Rosa. Though I hated it and got the hell out of there as soon as I possibly could, I still have several friends in the area.

Unfortunately, one of those friends lived in Coffey Park. She and her husband woke to an evacuation order at one in the morning. A fifty-mile-an-hour wind had blown the fire from Calistoga, fifteen miles away.

They got out of there just in time. Within a few hours, every house in the neighborhood was gone.

Today (Tuesday) I spoke with her brother, who just happened to be visiting from Missouri. He said they had dinner at her house on Saturday. Of course they had no sense of what was about to happen.

I'm just stunned...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:46 pm 

^^^^^ WOW! ^^^^^

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:10 am 

Wow..."If we'd all been living in California..."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:11 am 

Extremely sad, I used to work in Santa Rosa a lot and it is a nice city with nice people...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 am 

Tom Stiglich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 am 

. . . meanwhile, in other news :arrow:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 837, 838, 839, 840, 841, 842, 843 ... 863  Next