Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 792, 793, 794, 795, 796, 797, 798 ... 807  Next
 Post subject: Re: Here we go again...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:05 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Oh boy, fasten your seat-belts: market crash...

Ahh… not to worry !
Trump will save us all
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:15 pm 

Due to corona fears the prime minister has just told people in my province of Brabant to work from home and stop shaking hands...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejOh6yHIUJY
And here's Rutte closing down the very press conference telling people not to shake hands!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:40 am 

Alex Jones Arrested for DWI in Texas

The Austin-based conspiracy theorist was charged with driving while intoxicated just after midnight Tuesday, the Travis County Sheriff’s Office said
Nate Jackson | March 10, 2020 @ 12:24 PM Last Updated: March 10, 2020 @ 12:37 PM

https://www.thewrap.com/alex-jones-arrested-for-dwi-in-texas/

Far-right conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones was booked for a DWI at Travis County Jail and charged with driving while intoxicated just after midnight Tuesday, the Travis County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to TheWrap.

Jones, 46, was booked at 12:37 a.m., said Kristen Dark, spokeswoman for the sheriff’s office. The driving while intoxicated charge is a class B misdemeanor, she said.

Dark added that his bail was set at $3,000 but he was released on a personal recognizance bond at 4:11 a.m. this morning.

Jones is known for running conspiracy theory website InfoWars, as well as his radio show “The Alex Jones Show” based out of Austin, Texas.

More to come…

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:55 am 

BBP wrote:
Due to corona fears the prime minister has just told people in my province of Brabant to work from home and stop shaking hands...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejOh6yHIUJY
And here's Rutte closing down the very press conference telling people not to shake hands!
Jimmy Margulies

Mike Luckovich

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:48 am 

Alex Jones Arrested for DWI, Responds in Rant and Says 'Restaurants Should Not Be Allowed to Sell Alcohol'
ByJoshua Espinoza
Mar 10, 2020

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/03/alex-jones-arrested-for-dwi-calls-on-bars-restaurants-serving-alcohol-to-shut-down

Alex Jones is calling on all restaurants and bars to shut down in wake of his alcohol-related arrest.

The right-wing conspiracy theorist was booked into an Austin jail early Tuesday on a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated. The Statesman reports Travis County Sheriff's deputies responded to a disturbance at Jones' residence around 10 p.m. Monday. His wife reportedly told the dispatcher she and Jones got into a physical altercation earlier that day, and that he was driving away from their home while possibly drinking.

Officers reportedly stopped Jones' Dodge Charger as it was leaving the neighborhood, traveling 45 mph in a 40 mph zone. "When I made contact with Jones I detected a strong odor of alcohol coming from his person," the deputy wrote in the affidavit obtained by the New York Post. The officer described Jones' eyes as "glassy with constricted pupils, while his demeanor was listed as excited, talkative, carefree and cooperative," the outlet reported.

Jones was booked at 12:37 a.m and released on $3,000 bond shortly after 4 a.m. He addressed the incident during Tuesday's episode of InfoWars, claiming he and his wife shared a "little tiny bottle of sake" at a Japanese restaurant about two hours before he was pulled over. Jones says he admitted this to the officer, who then performed a series of sobriety tests.

"Then he starts having me do this—what do you call them? When you stand on one foot and look a the other for seven seconds," Jones recalled. "He shows me what to do, and he can't do it."

Jones claims the officer was blaming the weight of his belt on his inability to demonstrate the test. Jones said he began laughing but ultimately performed the test better than the officer.

"I did it, but I was wobbling at 10 seconds," he claimed. "And [the officer] goes, 'Well, that's it. You're going to jail.' And I said, 'Man, I just told you I had, hours ago, alcohol ... Are you gonna Breathalyze me?' and he goes, 'No, we do that at the jail.'"

Jones said he arrived at the jail about 20 minutes later and did the Breathalyzer test; however, at one during the night, another man informed him the police were allegedly discussing the results of the test, and said there was "literally no alcohol in your blood."

According to the Post, the documents showed Jones' blood-alcohol level was 0.076 at 11:55 p.m. and 0.079 at 11:59 p.m.—both were under the legal .08 percent. But, as the publication points out, drivers in Texas can still be arrested for driving while impaired even if they're under the legal limit.

"I'm not saying conspiracy here, not saying the police are at to get me at the local level," Jones said. "But, still, the level they had was below the law ... so there you go."

He continued: "The alcohol limit used to be three times of what it is now ... Here's the thing: Restaurants should not be allowed to sell alcohol if these laws continue. You shouldn't be able to serve somebody a beer if they drink that 16 ounce beer and walk out, they're gonna go to jail. So I call for all restaurants and bars to be shut down. Seriously. Because you can't go in one, have two beers, and then not go to jail. So hey, I'm ready for the mainstream attention."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:10 pm 

Trump says he's suspending travel from Europe to US, though citizens and others are exempt

By Kevin Liptak and Maegan Vazquez, CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-statement/index.html
Updated 11:12 PM ET, Wed March 11, 2020

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said Wednesday he was sharply restricting travel to the United States from more than two dozen European countries, a drastic step he framed as an attempt to contain a spreading public health crisis that has engulfed his presidency, caused global market turmoil and disrupted everyday life.

In an primetime Oval Office address meant to rebut criticism that he's taken the matter too lightly, Trump framed his announcement as a suspension of "all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days."

But immediately afterward, his administration made clear it was not as drastic as the President stated: The ban will apply only to foreign nationals and not to American citizens who had been screened before entering the country, mimicking restrictions he applied to China last month.

Trump was also forced to clarify he was not blocking goods from Europe, despite saying his ban would "apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo" across the Atlantic. He tweeted the ban would apply to "people not goods" after stock futures tumbled on the prospect of a trade freeze.

The clarifications aside, Trump's grave-sounding remarks from the Oval Office abandoned his rosy portrayals of the global pandemic, choosing instead to frame the outbreak as a "foreign virus" washing on American shores, despite increasing instances of community spread inside the US.

After facing sharp criticism about his response to the virus, Trump insisted he was "marshaling the full power of the federal government" to confront it and announced several steps he said would help blunt its economic impact.

While he sought to strike a unifying note for the country, his attempts to pin blame abroad for the outbreak were unmistakable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:58 am 

Yep. Which means I won't be visiting San Diego as planned in April and thus America will be saved.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:26 am 

I'd be curious to know the amount of money USA will lose in all those trips to USA that will be canceled.
How much dollars and cents the American Economy will be deprived of.
I guess that's the way a "STABLE GENIUS" work ?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:44 am 

No gatherings of more than 250 people in Oregon for 4 weeks, Gov. Kate Brown says
Updated Mar 12, 2020; Posted Mar 11, 2020

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/no-gatherings-of-250-or-more-people-in-oregon-for-4-weeks-gov-kate-brown-says.html

By Betsy Hammond | The Oregonian/OregonLive

All gatherings of more than 250 people in Oregon will be canceled for the next four weeks in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus, Gov. Kate Brown announced Wednesday night.

That means many sports and entertainment events, 10K runs, conferences, lectures, religious gatherings of more than 250 people and other planned events won’t happen.

Brown said public schools should remain open. But she said all non-essential school-associated gatherings and group activities — such as parent group meetings, field trips and competitions -- should be cancelled.

The guidance for schools came hours after Oregon’s largest public universities announced a series of policies to keep students safe. University of Oregon, Oregon State University and Portland State University all aim to limit student interaction, including canceling in-person final exams and providing online classes.

Brown also issued guidance for employers, saying that all measures should be taken to “increase physical space” between employees and to limit meetings and stagger work schedules.

“Nobody is immune to this virus. It can touch everyone," Brown said in a statement. “We can’t let fear and anxiety stigmatize people. We are seeing cases across multiple counties and age groups and in people exposed through different circumstances. It’s time for us all to do what we can to slow its spread and take care of one another."

Her statewide ban on large gatherings mimics one that Washington Gov. Jay Inslee imposed on three Seattle-area counties earlier Wednesday, as his state copes with confirmed coronavirus cases approaching 400 with 29 deaths.

Hours before she made the announcement, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported a ban of that magnitude was under consideration and explained what it could spell: a fanless future for any large sports event or concert. It also could cost jobs at Providence Park, other major athletic and entertainment venues, conference facilities and hotels that cater to them.

Its expected impact on Trail Blazers’ games, some of the largest routine gatherings in Oregon, was made moot earlier Wednesday when the league announced it is suspending the season in the wake of a player’s positive test for COVID-19.

So far, Oregon has 21 known cases of COVID-19 in 10 counties, with the largest concentration in Washington County, where eight people have tested positive for the virus. But testing has been severely limited and the disease is believed to be circulating more widely in many Oregon communities.

Brown said in her Wednesday night announcement, made shortly before 10 p.m., that the state health authority has expanded access to testing for the contagious virus that is particularly deadly to elderly people and those with underlying health conditions. She said that doctors at clinics can order tests from commercial laboratories at their discretion, without state authorization.

She said the state has reached agreements with five hospital systems to test Oregonians for COVID-19. And she said health care providers are no longer required to wear N95 mask to collect samples for testing, which was another barrier. Workers will only be required to wear a regular mask, gown, gloves and eye protections, which she said will make testing simpler for health care workers and easier for patients to obtain.

Brown said that events and gatherings at which people can remain at least three feet apart are still permitted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:49 am 

Don't let the travel ban get ya down; your money can be transferred into a " bit-coin virtual vacation" which you can take from the comfort of your house/apartment.

1. No loud, irritating Americans to put up with.
2. Eat food you like from your own supply.
3. No pushy crowds,ugly hotel rooms, no time limits, no foolin' :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:04 am 

Bolsonaro minister who gathered together with Trump and Bolsonaro days ago tested positive for COVID-19
Which means Trump might have it too...

The far-right dude (how appropriate) is contaminated...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/bolsonaro-aide-met-trump-tests-positive-covid-19-200312160741118.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:14 am 

Caputh wrote:
Yep. Which means I won't be visiting San Diego as planned in April and thus America will be saved.

Come up to my neck of the woods it is only 8 hours away by car... :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:57 am 

Days after being with Trump and Pence, Brazilian official tests positive for the virus.

A senior Brazilian government official who visited Mar-a-Lago days ago, and was in close proximity to Mr. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, has tested positive for the new coronavirus, Brazil’s government confirmed on Thursday.

But Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence will not be tested, according to the White House press secretary, Stephanie Grisham. “Both the president and vice president had almost no interactions with the individual who tested positive,” she said in a statement.

Fábio Wajngarten, President Jair Bolsonaro’s communications chief, was at Mar-a-Lago, Mr. Trump’s oceanfront resort in Florida, as part of Brazilian government delegation. Members of that group dined with Mr. Trump on Saturday.

In a statement, Mr. Bolsonaro’s office said it was “adopting all the necessary preventive measures to preserve the health of the president and the delegation that accompanied him on the recent official trip to the United States,” and had informed U.S. officials.

It said that Mr. Wajngarten tested positive in two separate tests after returning home with flu-like symptoms. Mr. Bolsonaro was being tested for the virus, and results were expected on Friday.

Over the weekend Mr. Wajngarten posted a photo on his Instagram account posing shoulder-to-shoulder with Mr. Trump, who appears smiling and holding a baseball cap with the words “Make Brazil Great Again.” It was not clear when the photo, which includes Mr. Pence, was taken.

Mr. Trump was asked at a news conference about Mr. Wajngarten and said, “I’m not concerned.”

Senator Rick Scott, Republican of Florida, who met with Mr. Bolsonaro in Miami earlier this week, said he would put himself in isolation as a precautionary measure. He added that said he did not think he had interacted with Mr. Bolsonaro’s aide and does not have any symptoms.

Senator Ted Cruz, Republican of Texas, is already in quarantine because of another encounter with an infected person at a conservative conference near Washington. Several House Republicans also self-isolated after meeting the same individual. Without Mr. Cruz or Mr. Scott voting, Republicans will functionally now have a narrower majority in the Senate.

As of Thursday, Brazil had at least 73 confirmed coronavirus cases and more than 930 suspected cases.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/world/coronavirus-live-news-updates.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:11 pm 

"had almost no interactions" don't equal "had no interactions"
Imagine if Trump, who's over 70 years old, catch it, and if Pence gets it too.

Kharma at its best !!!
Beaten by the illness he took so lightly.
:smoke:

Normally I wouldn't wish harm to nobody but, hey, if it helps getting rid of an asshole president, who am I to interfere ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:00 pm 

^^^they would have the antidote...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:04 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
^^^they would have the antidote...

And keep it only to themselves ?
:P

What a bad thing to do. . .
:P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:32 pm 

Plook wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Well, I would have liked to, but now Trump won't let me. Pm me where you are - perhaps he'll change his mind before April 6th.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:43 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Plook wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Well, I would have liked to, but now Trump won't let me. Pm me where you are - perhaps he'll change his mind before April 6th.

Go to Britain and fly from there, also they are giving so many exceptions that policy is like a sieve it's so full of holes... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:15 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Bolsonaro minister who gathered together with Trump and Bolsonaro days ago tested positive for COVID-19
Which means Trump might have it too...

Mij wrote:

Normally I wouldn't wish harm to nobody but, hey, if it helps getting rid of an asshole president, who am I to interfere ?

I expected Corona to brake Trumps neck, though not that literally :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:24 pm 

HaHa !!
Well… who are we to stop the course of destiny ?
:shock: :smoke:

I was betting more on a double-cheese bacon late-night hamburger !
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:53 pm 

If Don & Mike get the Cv, they will both have a cover story concocted. Oh you know, something like they will be in long meetings over the next few months and will be deeply incommunicado.

Look for sweaty Trump tweets to follow :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:20 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
If Don & Mike get the Cv, they will both have a cover story concocted. Oh you know, something like they will be in long meetings over the next few months and will be deeply incommunicado.

Look for sweaty Trump tweets to follow :P

"the fake news media porpoisely infected me!
the cofefe19 was in Hillary's e mails!
thanks Obama!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:58 am 

Steve Breen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:38 am 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:24 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Glenn Greenwald

@ggreenwald
Quote:
In an astounding stroke of luck for the Bolsonaro family, the fugitive-chief of Rio's most terrifying militia, linked to Marielle's assassination, whose wife & mother were disturbingly employed in the son of Boslonaro's cabinet for more than a decade, was found & killed today.

how fortuitous.....

Former Bolsonaro minister, Bebianno dies at 56 in Rio

When Bebianno was[felt] sick and fell, he was taken to a hospital, but died soon after. “The city of Rio lost a candidate that would enrich the electoral debate, and I lost a brother,” said Paulo Marinho, a friend of the former minister and PSDB state president, when confirming what happened.

Bebianno was the leader of the PSL and held the General Secretariat of the Presidency for a month and 18 days, having been the first fired by Bolsonaro.

The former minister was an important figure in the current political crisis of the current government, given the suspicion that the PSL made use of an “orange” candidacy in the 2018 elections to divert public funds. At the time, he traded barbs with Rio’s councilman, Carlos Bolsonaro, the president’s son.

The former PSL leader criticized the government. According to him, the Bolsonaro family’s aggressiveness towards divergences would be a warning to the entire population. “It is a big mistake. Half of the Brazilians do not think like the Bolsonarist nucleus. What are you going to do with these people? Are you going to kill? Play[Throw] in the ocean? ”, He said during the Roda Viva program on the 2nd of March.

[How fortuitous...

He had many compromising facts about Bolsonaro's campaign, said his life was under threat and allegedly left files and letters to be opened in case anything happened to him. He was buried in less than 24 h from his passing, without an autopsy.

How fortuitous...]

https://www.time24.news/i/2020/03/former-bolsonaro-minister-bebianno-dies-at-56-in-rio.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 792, 793, 794, 795, 796, 797, 798 ... 807  Next