Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 784, 785, 786, 787, 788, 789, 790, 791  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:32 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

but, you'd better fix that tiny typo in your post, before disco boy comes down on you. 3nd amendment... thirnd? 8)

ONE.MORE.TIME.FOR.THE.WORLD.

As anyone who isn't a total MORON cannot fail to see (like most of the people on this forum), I OBVIOUSLY intended to make a joke about the 3nd (Turdened) Amendment, you fucking Liberal pull-your-foreskin-over-your-head radiator. You're misquoting AGAIN! :roll:

Actually not; my finger slipped between the "3" and the "2", which are next to each other on my keyboard - mea culpa. Corrected it all the same, though. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33 pm 

^^^^^ perfect. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:38 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
if what were to happen?
one last time, disco boy: I never said anything about banning all firearms and/or destroying the 2nd amendment...

Translation:

I'll play dumb (but then again, I actually am) and act like I don't know what you mean, even though I know you're correct but I can't admit it because I'm on one side politically and you're on the other...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:17 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:03 am 

I could be wrong, but.....

I don't think anyone is talking about tearing up the 2nd amendment.....

I don't think that by restricting military weapons and their accessories that the majority of right minded law abiding firearm(s) enthusiasts will rise up and go to war with their fellow Americans and or the Police/FBI/Homeland/National Guard/American Army.....This is not 1861 and America is not the Middle East.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:55 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

I don't think that by restricting military weapons and their accessories that the majority of right minded law abiding firearm(s) enthusiasts will rise up and go to war with their fellow Americans and or the Police/FBI/Homeland/National Guard/American Army.....This is not 1861 and America is not the Middle East.....

yeah and it's not the wild west either.
If anything Portland proved that this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:25 am 

punknaynowned wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

Very thoughtful take from a “foreigner” GG, unlike the alien to our north DB. Common sense laws are not about abolishing the 2nd Amendment and never have been.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:13 am 

KUIII wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

Very thoughtful take from a “foreigner” GG, unlike the alien to our north DB. Common sense laws are not about abolishing the 2nd Amendment and never have been.

I usually don't like to get too serious here KU, but I had a thought..... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:29 am 

How about flowers for bullets :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:19 pm 

My point was...that once the left start to chisel away at the 2nd Amendment and potentially succeed through whatever means necessary, they obviously won't stop and will attempt to deconstruct other parts of the US Constitution if they can. Don't pretend like that wouldn't happen if they got their way...:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
My point was...that once the left start to chisel away at the 2nd Amendment and potentially succeed through whatever means necessary, they obviously won't stop and will attempt to deconstruct other parts of the US Constitution if they can. Don't pretend like that wouldn't happen if they got their way...:roll:

You’d make a good parrot, DB. Polly, want a cracker? :)

That argument is ridiculous. It’s like saying you can’t mow the lawn because you’re afraid you’re going to cut the big oak tree in the middle of it down.

At a glance, it appears Canadian gun laws and requirements are more stringent than in the U.S. Do you oppose these laws?

Last edited by KUIII on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:48 am 

Disco Boy wrote:

And in order to make this point, you found it necessary to attack the views of someone who wasn't talking about the 2nd amendment at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:14 am 

There are myriad of legal protections in place to stop any deconstruction of the US Constitution without complete agreement from all political parties and a referendum/vote by the people, without any electoral college hocus pocus.

in local news

Wellington City Council responds to criticism of 'nightmare' hand statue
Vita Molyneux
4 hrs ago

© Supplied/ Christchurch Art Gallery
The instalment of a new "nightmarish" sculpture atop Wellington's City Gallery has caused controversy across the capital - and now the city council has weighed in.

Wellington City Council stood up for the city's new artwork initially, posting its support on Twitter.

"This 'nightmare' is our delightful new resident and we won't hear a word against him," it wrote on Wednesday.

The tweet was accompanied by a frighteningly close-up picture of Quasi.

"We love this little guy. So if you're not a fan I suggest you talk to the hand," the council continued, accompanied by another picture of the sculpture.

However, a picture of Quasi in the darkest hour of the night seemed to sway Wellington City Council.

In the image, Quasi stares blankly into the camera, illuminated in the blackness by a bright light.

"Well, okay," wrote the council.

"It is a little creepy…"

Quasi has made world news since his arrival in Wellington from Christchurch.

The giant, anthropomorphic hand was airlifted into place on Monday and instantly received ruthless criticism.

The five-metre tall hand was called "nightmarish," "hideous" "frightening" by social media users.

He's scheduled to be stationed above the gallery for the next three to four years.

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/ ... ocid=ientp

Ghost Note: I love this thing, as do many of the folks I've spoken to.....apparently there are already plans afoot to steal it.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:26 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
There are myriad of legal protections in place to stop any deconstruction of the US Constitution without complete agreement from all political parties and a referendum/vote by the people, without any electoral college hocus pocus.

in local news

Vita Molyneux
4 hrs ago

The instalment of a new "nightmarish" sculpture atop Wellington's City Gallery has caused controversy across the capital - and now the city council has weighed in.

Wellington City Council stood up for the city's new artwork initially, posting its support on Twitter.

"This 'nightmare' is our delightful new resident and we won't hear a word against him," it wrote on Wednesday.

"We love this little guy. So if you're not a fan I suggest you talk to the hand," the council continued, accompanied by another picture of the sculpture.

However, a picture of Quasi in the darkest hour of the night seemed to sway Wellington City Council.

In the image, Quasi stares blankly into the camera, illuminated in the blackness by a bright light.

"It is a little creepy…"

The giant, anthropomorphic hand was airlifted into place on Monday and instantly received ruthless criticism.

The five-metre tall hand was called "nightmarish," "hideous" "frightening" by social media users.

He's scheduled to be stationed above the gallery for the next three to four years.

Ghost Note: I love this thing, as do many of the folks I've spoken to.....apparently there are already plans afoot to steal it.....

What is the purpose of this thing, is it a reference to something? Perhaps some ancient NZ folklore?
Maybe they could make a compromise. I hear the Hamburger Helper hand is looking for work, still a hand, much more friendly!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:13 am 

Would the founding fathers allow a gun for every person that wanted one? I seem to remember some sort of militia being the purpose of it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:16 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

Muhahahaha!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:49 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

in local news

Vita Molyneux
4 hrs ago

"It is a little creepy…"

I like it too although the face kind of reminds me of Trump. Hand’s much too big though. Some people always get upset about a new art installation, public building, park design, etc. but they eventually get used to it and it becomes a non-issue. Some of the original critics will even like it in time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:32 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

So what.
You're only allowed to see bunnies, now?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

You’d make a good parrot, DB. Polly, want a cracker? :)

That argument is ridiculous. It’s like saying you can’t mow the lawn because you’re afraid you’re going to cut the big oak tree in the middle of it down.

At a glance, it appears Canadian gun laws and requirements are more stringent than in the U.S. Do you oppose these laws?

No, it's not ridiculous, unless you actually think that the left would all of a sudden stop dead in their tracks if they started to chisel away at the 2nd Amendment successfully, since there are MILLIONS of far-left nutjobs out there... :roll:

Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

And in order to make this point, you found it necessary to attack the views of someone who wasn't talking about the 2nd amendment at all.

You mean like how you've constantly attacked and misquoted me for YEARS now...? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:34 pm 

Ah, poor, wee Disco Boy; just minding his own business, making daisy chains and chatting with his chums, when wicked old Caputh pounces and viciously misquotes him.
Btw, as many here and indeed on other forums have tried to explain to you, "misquote" does not mean what you appear to think it means. One does not need to know every word in the English language, but it is useful to know the meaning of the words one frequently employs oneself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:44 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Ah, poor, wee Disco Boy; just minding his own business, making daisy chains and chatting with his chums, when wicked old Caputh pounces and viciously misquotes him.
Btw, as many here and indeed on other forums have tried to explain to you, "misquote" does not mean what you appear to think it means. One does not need to know every word in the English language, but it is useful to know the meaning of the words one frequently employs oneself.

Donald misquotes me every single day, maybe I'd be better off single :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:22 am 

Melania Trump wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Donald misquotes me every single day, maybe I'd be better off single :smoke:

whisper absurd into his ear, deflate his erection and single in a heartbeat darling

Last edited by Gray_Ghost on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:26 am 

I'll give it my best shot
Quote:
Well you're a real tough cookie with a long history
Of breaking little hearts like the one in me
That's okay, let's see how you do it
Put up you dukes, let's get down to it
Hit me with your best shot
Why don't you hit me with your best shot
Hit me with your best shot
Fire away

https://youtu.be/iM1a5D3fBAo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:20 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:22 pm 

Caputh wrote:

So now you're claiming you don't misquote or take my statements out of context, while conveniently leaving out key information?! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And monkeys can fly out of my butt!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 784, 785, 786, 787, 788, 789, 790, 791  Next