Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 783, 784, 785, 786, 787, 788, 789, 790  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:33 am 

Yeah, it's pretty amazing...how do you get your family through a plane crash, geeez!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:37 am 

baddy wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty amazing...how do you get your family through a plane crash, geeez!

Just how do you strap a one year old in to your private plane.....car seat/carry cot?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:05 am 

Please Read

I had noticed some new members (not sure how many, or could be the same person) had pulled up old threads discussing for example Franks composing (and other subjects) in which their post had links and it appeared they were using statements to draw members to sites where they would encounter advertisements which seemed spamish.

I sent a PM to Mikey who asked to supply names so he could check into it, when I went to one of the threads that I recalled the post had been deleted.

Did anyone else notice this and do you remember the member names?

:?: :idea: :!:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:28 am 

Germans kept up at night by noisy igelsex (that’s hedgehog coupling)

Police called out to reports of nocturnal disturbances find hedgehogs ‘having fun’

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/05/germans-kept-up-at-night-by-noisy-igelsex-thats-hedgehog-coupling

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:13 pm 

Plook wrote:
Please Read

I had noticed some new members (not sure how many, or could be the same person) had pulled up old threads discussing for example Franks composing (and other subjects) in which their post had links and it appeared they were using statements to draw members to sites where they would encounter advertisements which seemed spamish.

I sent a PM to Mikey who asked to supply names so he could check into it, when I went to one of the threads that I recalled the post had been deleted.

Spammer, probably. Forget about that one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:00 pm 

BBP wrote:
Plook wrote:
Please Read

Spammer, probably. Forget about that one.

Hey I heard your going to sell Iceland to the Cheat-O... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:32 pm 

Talk about bad driving, with unexpected results!
7 homes destroyed in explosion that shakes London, Ont.

Woman charged with impaired driving after car crashes into London, Ont., house causing large explosion

The silver car, next to the big hole, is the car what hit the house.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5768211/gas-house-explosion-london-ontario/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:14 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
lives don't matter to the nra and the gun manufacturers and their lobbyists who fill the pockets of greedy politicians who don't care about people's lives either.

this whole gun culture needs to change.

but, I'm sorry to say, I don't think it will...

Over 90% of all firearm related deaths in the US annually are caused by ILLEGAL firearms (most criminals do NOT purchase firearms LEGALLY for obvious reasons!!!). This means that banning them, or destroying the 2nd Amendment will result in a modern civil war, causing MILLIONS of people to die because most firearm owners won't just give their weapons up without a fight. And especially considering there are only roughly 700,000 law enforcement officials and over 300 million firearms in the US, these officials couldn't even begin to confiscate all of them.

However, with the 2nd Amendment intact, only 10,000-12,000 people die (minus suicides) due to firearm related deaths annually in the US.

Which is worse?! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:01 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
lives don't matter to the nra and the gun manufacturers and their lobbyists who fill the pockets of greedy politicians who don't care about people's lives either.

Over 90% of all firearm related deaths in the US annually are caused by ILLEGAL firearms (most criminals do NOT purchase firearms LEGALLY for obvious reasons!!!). This means that banning them, or destroying the 2nd Amendment will result in a modern civil war, causing MILLIONS of people to die because most firearm owners won't just give their weapons up without a fight. And especially considering there are only roughly 700,000 law enforcement officials and over 300 million firearms in the US, these officials couldn't even begin to confiscate all of them.

However, with the 2nd Amendment intact, only 10,000-12,000 people die (minus suicides) due to firearm related deaths annually in the US.

ten or twelve thousand deaths.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:28 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
baddy wrote:

Just how do you strap a one year old in to your private plane.....car seat/carry cot?

Those car seats that wrap around the child...good for cars, tornado's*, plane crashes.

I'm gonna get a big one for myself.

* Actually heard that...that if you're havin' a tornado, put your kid in the car seat.

Then put a mattress over your head and kiss your ass goodbye :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:21 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Disco Boy wrote:

ok. that's your opinion. or theory. or whatever that was.

I just don't see why you quoted me.

I didn't say anything about banning all firearms and/or destroying the 2nd amendment...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:50 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Disco Boy wrote:

I didn't say anything about banning all firearms and/or destroying the 2nd amendment...

I quoted your post because it's obviously not correct and because you (like many here) need to be informed.

And btw, the only part of my above post that is an opinion is the general amount of people who will die (in the MILLIONS) if that were to happen, since we don't know the exact amount...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:15 pm 

Did you know one of my tits is biggest than the other?

Now you gotta guess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:20 pm 

thank you for keeping us abreast.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:25 pm 

I try to keep on top

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:27 pm 

Melania Trump wrote:
I try to keep on top

and bouncing things off the forum.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:59 pm 

silicon will never do

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:31 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Disco Boy wrote:

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Disco Boy wrote:
I quoted your post because it's obviously not correct and because you (like many here) need to be informed.

And btw, the only part of my above post that is an opinion is the general amount of people who will die (in the MILLIONS) if that were to happen, since we don't know the exact amount...
if what were to happen?

one last time, disco boy: I never said anything about banning all firearms and/or destroying the 2nd amendment...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:40 pm 

Why don't we just line up every one the US and give them all one shot at each other, then who every is left standing can clean up the mess and put the guns away................

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:02 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Disco Boy wrote:

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Disco Boy wrote:

if what were to happen?

one last time, disco boy: I never said anything about banning all firearms and/or destroying the 2nd amendment...

An example of projection (#8 on MTF list of gaslighting). Even though Lumpy says absolutely nothing about banning firearms and/or destroying the 2nd Amendment, Disco Boy takes him to have meant that, his source apparently being the sentence "... this whole gun culture needs to change." He fails to recognize that this could include any number of other measures (e.g. educational programmes, governmental enlightentment). He also utterly ignores the sentence "but, I'm sorry to say, I don't think it will", which could actually be a reference to the reasons that he, himself, gives. It is like he's the drunk in the bar who is looking for a fight and it wouldn't matter what you said - he wants a fight.

Last edited by Caputh on Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:37 am 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:01 am 

When you see a young white guy with a giant American flag mounted in the back of his four wheel drive truck revving his engine and driving too fast in a quiet residential neighborhood at 9am on a Sunday morning should I be concerned? I wonder how many assault rifles he owns.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:17 am 

KUIII wrote:
When you see a young white guy with a giant American flag mounted in the back of his four wheel drive truck revving his engine and driving too fast in a quiet residential neighborhood at 9am on a Sunday morning should I be concerned? I wonder how many assault rifles he owns.

Don't worry, it's more afraid of you than you are of it. Oh wait, that's part of the problem... :|

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:35 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Disco Boy wrote:

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Disco Boy wrote:

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
if what were to happen?

Caputh wrote:
An example of projection (#8 on MTF list of gaslighting). Even though Lumpy says absolutely nothing about banning firearms and/or destroying the 3nd Amendment, Disco Boy takes him to have meant that, his source apparently being the sentence "... this whole gun culture needs to change." He fails to recognize that this could include any number of other measures (e.g. educational programmes, governmental enlightentment). He also utterly ignores the sentence "but, I'm sorry to say, I don't think it will", which could actually be a reference to the reasons that he, himself, gives. It is like he's the drunk in the bar who is looking for a fight and it wouldn't matter what you said - he wants a fight.

thanks, caputh. you interpreted my original post they way I intended it (and I'm sure most forum members did too).

but, you'd better fix that tiny typo in your post, before disco boy comes down on you. 3nd amendment... thirnd? 8)

Last edited by Lumpy Gravy on Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:40 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
. . . but, you'd better fix that tiny typo in your post, before disco boy comes down on you. 3nd amendment... thirnd? 8)
I thought it added a nice twist. 8)

Mike Luckovich

Chip Bok

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 783, 784, 785, 786, 787, 788, 789, 790  Next