Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21079 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:33 pm 

BBP wrote:
Looks like breaking news in the Nijvel gang, aka Brabant killers.

Wow, the looooong arm of the law.....Brabant, that's got to be twenty or thirty years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:59 am 

Belgian news is full of it. I can't find any English language sources right now...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:19 am 

^^^^^ I just found this today ^^^^^

Suspect arrested in 30-year-old Brabant Killers case
by Alan Hope,

Summary

Police have arrested a man in his 60s suspected of having been part of the gang that killed 28 people in the 1980s

Little chance of trial

Police in Brussels have arrested a man thought to be a member of the notorious Brabant Killers, who carried out a wave of murderous attacks in Belgium in the 1980s. The man denies any involvement.

The Brabant Killers, also known as the Nivelles Gang, were responsible for a series of violent crimes in the 1980s, beginning with the murder of a police officer in Waver in 1982 and ending with the killing of 13 people during two robberies of Delhaize supermarkets in Overijse and Aalst in 1985. The gang then vanished from view, leaving behind 28 dead and 40 wounded in total.

The failure of police to solve the case had led to it becoming legendary. Three of its main members were given nicknames by the press: the Giant, who appeared to be in charge of the raids; the Killer, who did much of the actually shooting; and the Driver.

According to one theory, the gang was made up of members of the federal police intent on destabilising the state and ushering in an extreme right-wing government. Others believed they were assassins out to kill one or more specific people, but using the robberies and random killings as a smokescreen. Despite two parliamentary commissions on the subject, no convincing evidence backing any theory ever came to light.

In the 29 years since the last attack, police discovered bullets, shell casings, a jacket and a watch believed to have a link to the gang, but last week’s arrest is the first. The man arrested at the weekend, identified as Jean-Marie T, is 68 and lives in Brussels. He is alleged to be one of the men on the sheet of identikit photos issued by police in 1997.

According to Christian De Valkeneer, prosecutor-general for Liège, Jean-Marie was identified by three witnesses at the time the photos were issued but was never questioned. The man spent most of the intervening years in France, where he is alleged to have boasted of his criminal exploits to cafe patrons. Those statements eventually found their way to the small team of detectives still nominally investigating the case.

According to Jean-Marie’s lawyer, the man is mentally ill and invented the stories for attention. He now denies any involvement in the case and will be examined by a psychiatrist. The last of the gang’s crimes, the raid on Delhaize in Aalst, will be 30 years old in November of next year, the term after which legal action is barred, even in the case of murder.

Police, victims’ families and justice minister Annemie Turtelboom are in favour of finding a way to prolong that date. “I’ve always said that the moment there is evidence that could lead to a resolution of this collective trauma, then we need to prolong the statute of limitations,” Turtelboom told VTM News. “We still have a good year and a half after the elections to work that out properly.”

http://www.flanderstoday.eu/current-aff ... llers-case

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:04 am 

RIP George Young - passed away today godfather to AC/DC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:17 am 

Oh there's a lot more to it than that, police bungling and a lot of different scenarios. There are a lot of theories about the case and somehow the police never managed to narrow it down. Considering 28 people died this is quite upsetting for a lot of Belgians, one of the worst post-WW2 crimes going unsolved...

Right now the Charleroi police has found a lead, aided by a possible confession by a Diane* member on his deathbed.

* Diane: Belgian elite-troops

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:23 pm 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
What is the Bad Rabbit ransomware attack, how does the malware work and how can you protect against the virus?

UK intelligence chiefs are calling on Brits to be vigilant and keep themselves safe

A FRESH cyber attack has seen computers go down in Russia, Ukraine, Germany and Turkey which has been blamed on ransomware.

Dubbed "Bad Rabbit," the virus is the latest example of cyber criminals using ransomware to extort cash - here’s everything you need to know.

What is the Bad Rabbit ransomware attack?

Bad Rabbit is a strain of ransomware.

It is believed to be behind the trouble and has spread to Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Germany.

A message will pop up on users' screens telling them their computer had been locked and they must pay £280 in Bitcoin to regain access.

Russia has been hit hardest but computers in Turkey and Germany are also reported to be affected.

How does the malware work?

Bad Rabbit infects a network when one person inadvertently runs a fake Adobe Flash Player installer that has been manipulated to look like the real deal.

After infecting one machine in a network - one computer in an office, for example - Bad Rabbit can find any login details stored on the machine which it uses to spread to others, security researchers have claimed.

Similarly to WannaCry, Bad Rabbit encrypts Windows files, video and audio.

The user receives a message that states: "Oops! Your files have been encrypted.

"If you see this text, your files are no longer accessible."

The malware is locking users out and demanding money cash.

But security experts are warning people not to cough up.

The malware also appears to be using an encryption scheme that prevented analysts from deciphering the malicious code.

It goes by the code-name "Bad Rabbit" but needed to be analysed further.

It’s currently unclear if infected computers can be fully restored.

Yet there are ways to protect yourself from the cyber attack.

How can you protect against the virus?

UK's top cyber sleuths at GCHQ are now telling Brits to install the latest security software patches, back up data and use proper antivirus software services.

Also, ensure that passwords are never re-used across important accounts and also setting up Two-Factor Authentication (also called Two-Step Verification) in the security settings.

Meanwhile the National Crime Agency (NCA) encourages anyone who thinks they may have been subject to online fraud or cyber crime to contact Action Fraud at www.actionfraud.police.uk.

It is a matter for the victim whether to pay the ransom, but the NCA encourages industry and the public not to pay.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4763888/bad-rabbit-ransomware-attack-malware-what/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:30 am 

^Maybe we all need to go back to using telegrams :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:31 pm 

Eddie RUKidding wrote:

Yeah, but then you have problems with Indians cutting the lines, you can't win :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:36 pm 

baddy wrote:
Eddie RUKidding wrote:

Yeah, but then you have problems with Indians cutting the lines, you can't win :(

The Indian's were arguably among the first hackers.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:56 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
baddy wrote:
Eddie RUKidding wrote:

The Indian's were arguably among the first hackers.....

Unless you count the Goths pissing in the Roman aqueducts...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:35 pm 

^^^^^ the Goths were more slashers than hackers :lol: ^^^^^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:38 pm 

^Maybe we all need to go back to using telegrams :mrgreen

Yeah, but then you have problems with Indians cutting the lines, you can't win :([/quote]

The Indian's were arguably among the first hackers.....[/quote]
Unless you count the Goths pissing in the Roman aqueducts...[/quote]

Only pissing they were too kind but maybe either they were the earliest members of Greenpeace and into recycling as a form of protest or this is the earliest known example yet of the commencement of Trumps presidential election campaign :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:04 pm 

Who is making those new brown clouds?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:34 am 

baddy wrote:

greta van fleet.

Post subject: Re: Broken news
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:56 am 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:49 pm 

lapsed maps wrote:
baddy wrote:

greta van fleet.

Yes, that explains it, she's a Goth! ...damn! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:51 pm 

Here comes another brown cloud now, lol :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:27 am 

Max Verstappen WINS the Mexico Formula One Gran Prix

Lewis Hamilton WINS his Fourth World Championship with two races two spare

an excellent race

Post subject: Re: Broken news
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:52 am 

punknaynowned wrote:

My kids and I had a long conversation about this topic yesterday that had my kids very angry with each other. I tended to side with my eldest, who argued that what good would this do Russia if St. Petersburg and all of Russia was under water? They're friends again, now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:28 am 

Joe Heller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:56 am 

Sixty scientists associated with Los Alamos National Laboratories published this in The New Mexican on Oct 5:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:47 am 

Looks like an interesting development in mental health - there's evidence that schizophrenia is an immune disease and experiments are starting where people are administered an antibody drug that's used for treating MS.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... gins-trial

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:27 am 

There are "traitors" amongst us....

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross Failed To Disclose Ties To Vladimir Putin
The Trump Cabinet member shares business interests with the Russian president’s son-in-law.

U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross shares business interests with Russian President Vladimir Putin’s immediate family, a connection that he failed to disclose earlier this yearduring his confirmation hearing for his Cabinet post, The Guardian reports.

Ross’ link to Putin appears in the Paradise Papers, a leaked trove of millions of financial documents made public on Sunday by a partnership of media organizations and the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists.

Ross, a billionaire industrialist and a close friend of President Donald Trump, continues to hold a stake in a Russian shipping firm controlled by Putin’s son-in-law and other members in Putin’s inner circle, according to the documents,

Daniel Fried, an assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs under President George W. Bush, told the Guardian that Ross’ ties to Putin’s “cronies” could undermine U.S. sanctions on Russia.

In January, ahead of his confirmation, Ross agreed to sell some but not all of his global assets that posed a conflict of interest to his future position. He also agreed, as required by law, to recuse himself from matters in which he would have a direct financial interest.

Ross’ spokesman told The Guardian that his stake in the Russian firm would not conflict with his duties as commerce secretary and that Ross “recuses himself from any matters focused on transoceanic shipping vessels.”

Ross is only the latest high-ranking member of the Trump administration who failed to disclose ties to Russia or Russian officials.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is being called by Democrats to testify again before the Senate Judiciary Committee to clarify past claims that he was unaware of any communication between members of Trump’s presidential campaign and Russian officials. According to recently unsealed court documents, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos spoke multiple times with Russians about setting up a meeting between Putin and then-presidential candidate Trump, and that Sessions was at the gatherings where Papadopoulos discussed the topic.

Papadopoulos has pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his conversations with Russian officials during the presidential campaign. The plea came as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wi ... dbeb33f901

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:56 am 

^But there is no collussion, like you know being in bed with the reds and stuff its all fake news.......... untill you get caugth with your pants down and covered in piss or Vodka stained yellow snow!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:30 pm 

The funniest part is that there is a 99.99999% likliness that the "pee pee tapes" exist. Sadly, when they do get leaked (all over trump's face and out into the public), most trump supporters still won't care. Those idiots who support Trump are the type of idoicy that's keeping America from becoming "great again". They're holding us back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21079 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844  Next