Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2809 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE YOUTUBE THREAD
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:29 am 

For the German speakers out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asczMlvlrLI

Post subject: re: the youtube thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:43 pm 

aerospace engineers vs. machinists

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:53 pm 

Dunno how "official" it really is, but just saw this for the first time... I like it.
"Bobby Brown Official Video"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUq_T_Bhau8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:58 pm 

Thanks for that!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:15 pm 

One thing I don't get about some of the posters on this forum. You will complain about some people who owned slaves centuries ago and claim they do not deserve respect because of that, or you will bitch about Donald Trump not being "politically correct"...but I don't see many complaints about Frank's obvious lack of tact in many of his songs.

What's up with that? Why aren't you outraged at the demeaning nature of this song?

...hmmm?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:15 am 

bbp has that song on ignore, duh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:23 am 

The slavery excuse is nonsense. People disrespect people of other colours if they were taught to do so.

A lot of people have problems with Frank's disrespect of, say, women and homosexuals. A number of women like Carol Kaye and Bianca Thornton quit working with FZ over his lyrics. I myself have problems with them in some cases. If you consider opinions to be a reason to stop listening to music, then quit listening to anything Phil Spector produced, The Beatles, John Lennon, Stravinsky, Wagner, Debussy...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:44 am 

BBP wrote:
quit listening to The Beatles

DEAL!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:31 am 

Come on, some of Franks songs are very offensive and everybody knows it. He even has a compilation record of all his offensive stuff. Hell, even I was offended back in the day!

Do the "sensitive ones" here on this forum just ignore that? Or do they play Bobby Brown for their new friends?

...hmmm?

I mean, they are big enough fans of Frank to post here regularly. Why aren't they outraged? Frank gets a pass?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:32 am 

He was definitely not "politically correct" so why would any of his fans be?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:46 am 

James Gang-Walk Away *live 1971

8) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_4iQDYDVNo 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:08 am 

i saw James Gang in 71 , in Milwaukee, they were very good best tune they did was Bluebird.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:05 am 

Was Joe Walsh in that band? He's kind of politically incorrect, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:45 am 

Joe Walsh-Turn To Stone *live '72

8) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC9sRIsvjXI&list=RDMSGidjLupq4&index=5 :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:53 am 

A rope leash wrote:
Was Joe Walsh in that band? He's kind of politically incorrect, too.

Yes Walsh was on guitar and Peters had joined the band on bass, , very good band.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:38 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
Come on, some of Franks songs are very offensive and everybody knows it. He even has a compilation record of all his offensive stuff. Hell, even I was offended back in the day!

Do the "sensitive ones" here on this forum just ignore that? Or do they play Bobby Brown for their new friends?

...hmmm?

I mean, they are big enough fans of Frank to post here regularly. Why aren't they outraged? Frank gets a pass?

Several years ago I took a ton of shit just for mentioning that one might find some of Frank's lyrics offensive. Apparently that made me a war criminal or something.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:13 pm 

A rope leash wrote:

...hmmm?

Well, in the last couple years of his life, Frank agreed to sit down with the bbc...
the year after he died, the bbc produced a two hour special on his life and music.
The two parts broadcast in late 1994 had separate titles. One was 'Air Sculpture' because that's how he often described what he was getting at making music: Air Sculptures and it talks about influences and the music.
The other part was called 'Anthropology: Pure & Simple', because they quote him as explaining that's what many of his songs are.
When asked to comment on the supposed 'offensive or scatalogical, sophomoric' aspects of his music his reply was pretty simple. He had seen a lot of things. He knew audiences liked lyrics, so, why not write songs about what he saw out on the road. The second show talks about these songs thr-out his career as cultural episodes from the Mothers, the breakfast tapes, Road Ladies and Aynsley Dunbar to Dinah Mo Humm, Jewish Princesses, Valley Girls, Washington Wives and Jimmy Swaggert.
"That's what people really do. That's what they're like. It's anthropology, pure and simple."

Seen in this way, none of it is offensive to me. He's just making a song that describes or pokes fun at what he sees. If people want to be offended about that, that's their business, right?
Makes sense to me :)

"I'm a moron and this is my wife. She's frosting the cake with a paper knife." These lyrics may not be any more autobiographical than those of "San Ber'dino", "Disco Boy", or, "The Man From Utopia".
:)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:25 am 

Memorial Service and Celebration of Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister (Full)

https://youtu.be/_fTlf9YZ_fI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:31 pm 

Flying Air New Zealand...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qOw44VFNk ... %3C/iframe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:36 pm 

Big Band GveriLLaz - GUMBO VARIATIONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMzEcUqL--o

Je suis désolé pour les roles que j'ai joué dans toutes ces videos, ce n'est pas tres valorisant pour l'humanité mais si cela peut avoir fait progresser la science, alors il y aura eu un coté positif.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:15 am 

An interview with the Coop, including some fun factssssssssss

http://www.inthestudio.net/redbeards-bl ... -to-death/

Detroit’s blue-collar bars and cheap motels along Woodward Avenue may be less than 200 miles away from the steps of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, but it turned out to be a four decade odyssey for Alice Cooper. Only in rock’n’roll can a preacher’s son named Vincent Furnier dress up in make-up, leather, and fishnet stockings while simulating his own execution by hanging, beheading, and electric chair as 10,000 mesmerized fans gladly pay for the macabre experience. Formed by five friends from Phoenix AZ, Vince‘s band had quite a struggle choosing the right name for the group. Among the early choices were The Spiders, the Earwigs , & The Nazz (but Todd Rundgren had dibs on that last one) . By 1969 they had moved to Los Angeles with the name Alice Cooper, but after recording two unsuccessful albums – Pretties for You and Easy Action– on Frank Zappa‘s Straight Records label, Alice Cooper headed for Furnier’s birthplace of Detroit in hopes of better luck. Inking a deal with Warner Brothers, they actually released two albums in1971, Love It to Death and Killer , with both albums becoming instant successes.
When I first saw Alice Cooper(that was the band‘s name then, as well) shortly after the March 1971 release of their third album Love It to Death, he was genuinely menacing. Trust me, the audience never rushed the low six-foot stage that night, fearing that Alice’s dark intimidating prowling would escape the invisible boundary that separated our hippie peacenik world from his. There was no hint of the clever humor that would inform some of his later work. At a time when Mick Jagger and David Bowie were sporting eyeshadow and feather boas, Alice Cooper was appearing in a straitjacket draped in a REAL boa constrictor. Alice proved that you can project practically any fringe, edgy, sociopathic image in rock and get away with it – as long as you deliver the hits. And beginning forty-five years ago with “I’m Eighteen“, followed in rapid succession by “Under My Wheels”,”Be My Lover”,”School’s Out”,”Elected”,”No More Mr Nice Guy”,”Welcome to My Nightmare”, and “Only Women Bleed”, Alice Cooper indelibly changed the rock world and revolutionized American Top 40 radio. -Redbeard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:00 am 

Incredible music machine: watch now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8jo ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:27 am 

Welcome to Sweden, where everything is racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:34 am 

I have a feeling that some posts of mine disappeared - like the one I made here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:23 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Welcome to Sweden, where everything is racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw

Very well said, He is explaining exactly the situation in the USA. It is the Trump supporters that identify with what he is saying, and i agree. What he explains is what Obama, Bernie and Hillary like and want to preserve for ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2809 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 113  Next