Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: NO SMOKING
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:41 pm 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=270#276 date=08/11/04 at 03:29:39]<br>yep and smoking did bill hicks the world of good  :o it was a funny sketch though[/quote]<br>well, I dont really think Hicks would have minded dying...but thats just the impression I got.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:29 pm 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=270#276 date=08/11/04 at 03:29:39]<br>yep and smoking did bill hicks the world of good  :o it was a funny sketch though[/quote]<br>Is there a link between smoking and pancreatic cancer?  I know that smoking can do more than give you lung cancer but pancreatic cancer at 32?  Nah, I think it was something else.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:14 pm 

[quote author=madcow1515 link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=270#281 date=08/26/04 at 16:29:37]<br>Is there a link between smoking and pancreatic cancer?  I know that smoking can do more than give you lung cancer but pancreatic cancer at 32?  Nah, I think it was something else.[/quote]<br>i didn't directly link smoking to his death...only that it may have contributed, we all know the CIA killed him really  :o

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

Post subject: re: no smoking
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:44 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:37 am 

[quote author=MIZZU link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=0#8 date=03/23/03 at 01:47:49]I love tobacco; I love sitting in a bar,<br>talking drinking and smoking with my friends;<br>I love smoking driving slowly in a motorway <br>by night; I love smoking  watching the stars<br>and thinking of my past like an old man.<br>I know that it's no good for my health but<br>that's a pleasure, like wine, like food, like music,<br>like sex... that's life; maybe I will die for this,<br>maybe not but;anyway think that our life is in the past, in the things that we did... we don't own nothing<br>'bout our future; if I will die I will lose nothing<br>because all the things I know and I've seen are in my past.<br><br>Mizzu[/quote]<br><br><br>Good words, well chosen. I agree, it is a pleasure to us smokers...so what if its not good for our health, so what if it knocks so many years off our lives, we have that choice, leave us alone anti-smoking brigade!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:18 am 

[quote author=mr_myxyltpyx link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=90#96 date=05/25/03 at 10:30:47]I dont and never have smoked but i do find it difficult to understand where this disscussion is going because in the end if you smoke you will believe one thing and if you dont you will take the opposite post. However there was a chap called Roy Castle who was an entertainer (quite famous in the uk) who had worked clubs and pubs for years before he made it big he never smoked in his life but was diagnosed with lung cancer and died from it,<br>when the autopsy was issued he was said to have the lungs of a 40 a day smoker due to 2nd hand smoke inhalation. <br><br>What do you make of that<br><br><br>myxy<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Does ya know, I was thinking about him on the second page of this thread, and was gonna post, but wasnt sure if anyone would know who i was talking about.<br>When he found out he had Lung Cancer, he publicly stated that he believed the reason he had this disease, was due to him working in all those smoky working mans clubs all his life (the younger years anyway). I find that utterly unbelievable, considering it was those people in those "very smoky working mans clubs" that paved the way to the success that he had and enjoyed for many years. He knew of the "dangers of passive smoking" then so why the fuck did he continue to do his act in those types of places? Answer + Because at the time he needed to build a name for himself, and that was more important because then he was virtually unknown. It's a fucking joke.<br>My Auntie has just found out that she has throat cancer (or Pharynx Cancer as they like to call it) and she has never gone near a cigarette in her life - explain that away, anti-smoking peeps.<br>I know what ya gonna say "it may have been due to passive smoking" - the answer is NO, she has never been one for going out drinking or going to pubs or clubs, and her family and parents never smoked around her, so whats the reason?? <br>There is no reason for it and we will sit here all day trying to figure it out...<br>When ya time is up, it's up, end of story.  ;D<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:34 am 

[quote author=Dirty_Love link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=90#100 date=06/09/03 at 11:04:24]The only reson people starts smoke is that they think they are cool.  <br>Why   what is it that is so fucking cool  with smoking i dont understand.  <br>When I see a group of smoking people this is what I think of: <br><br>Image<br>STOP THE POLLUTION !!![/quote]<br><br><br><br>I started smoking when I was 18, which is quite late really considering a lot of people start earlier than that. I certainly didn't start smoking cos I thought it was "cool". I did it cos I wanted to know what it tasted like..... I liked it, weirdly and Im 30 now and still smoking. Big deal.....It's my right to choose that, just as it is your to refrain from smoking. <br>I respect non-smokers, I do not light a cigarette if someone near me is eating or has asthma..etc.. I do not smoke near little kids. I am a responsible 30 year old, and therefore a responsible smoker. I respect the views of others but I will continue to smoke in my home and in the designated areas.  ;) Just you lot try and stop me. The Government can spew forth all the shite they like about "smoking causes X,Y AND Z disease" they can ban it in as many public places and cities as they like, but they are hypocrites of the highest order because they aint never gonna ban tobacco totally as the revenue involved is far too high!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:29 am 

There is smoking anti-pollution teens around here, I know that teens should get some own media going, but making their own pollution is a bit to far! :(<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:42 am 

i think non smokers should be banned from public places, if they're that worried about chemicals getting into their lungs then they shouldn't even bother stepping outside the front door..ditch your cars which do far more damage to you than passive smoking ever will and i might listen to what they have to say. Otherwise go campaign to have the colour of traffic lights changed so they're not offending any ethnic minorities. start a campaign have motorists stopped from going outside  and then you might live forever  :o

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:48 am 

After 20-odd years.... gave up on smoking and been clean now for.... uhhh.. 4 months and ongoing!!<br><br>But... if I ever can get my hands on this one...  :o<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:05 am 

For those of you who follow multiple threads :<br><br>The guy on the left is wearing a Cradle Of Filth t-shirt!<br>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next