Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: NO SMOKING
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:48 pm 

what brand of cigarettes did Zappa smoke?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:08 pm 

Winstons i think.<br><br>Smokers rule. Smoking is better than drinking.<br>Cant kill anyone driving under the influence of tabaco.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:35 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=195#196 date=12/02/03 at 06:08:04][center]<br>Where is here?[/center][/quote]<br><br>Here, is Summerside.<br><br>http://www.summerside.com/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:33 pm 
Banned

[center]Butt Out<br>South Park Episode Number 109 <br>First Aired December 3, 2003 <br>Production Code 713 <br>Writer Trey Parker<br>Director Trey Parker<br><br>Synopsis    <br>The children are assembled in the school gym for the anti-smoking presentation "Butt Out!" The cheesy song, dance and stupid dialogue bore the children. At the end when the boys hear that if they don't take up smoking, they'll be just like the singers and dancers, they immediately decide to take up smoking. They are trying smoking behind the school, when Mr. Mackey almost catches them. Before he arrives the boys manage to throw their cigarettes into the dumpster. Mr. Mackey realizes (after the dumpster and subsequently the school catch fire and burn down) that the boys have been smoking. In Principal Victoria's burnt out office, the boys await their punishment. The parents arrive and want to disown their children, but they realize that "Big Tobacco" is to blame for their children's deeds. They contact Rob Reiner, who between mouthfuls of food, decides to bring his "Smoke Stoppers" campaign to South Park and the nearby "Big Tobacco" plant. Anticipating that things are going to get out of hand as usual, Kyle suggests that they come clean about their smoking and keep their parents from causing things to get out of hand. Since there is a punishment waiting if they do confess, the other boys aren't interested, they don't believe it will happen again, despite Kyle's thoughts to the contrary. A rotund Reiner arrives in South Park, with big plans to stop "Big Tobacco." <br><br>Between eating Rob Reiner lays out his plans to take down the Big Tobacco Company with help from the boys. When someone in the bar where they are meeting is smoking a cigarette, Rob Reiner goes off on him and plans to get smoking banned from all bars and restaurants in Colorado. Because he is able to force his will upon others, Cartman thinks that Rob Reiner is his idol. At the Big Tobacco plant, the boys (and Rob Reiner in disguise) take a musical and informative tour of the plant. Rob Reiner takes the photo he wants and brings the boys back his "Smoke Stoppers" headquarters, where he plans to make the photo incriminating. Reiner finds out that his bill to get smoking banned from bars and restaurants didn't pass. It seems that the people of Colorado aren't convinced about the dangers of second hand smoke. So Reiner's next plan is going to involve one of the boys appearing a commercial about second hand smoke. Cartman is enamored with Reiner and is anxious to get the commercial. The other boys leave and Kyle tells the others that he wants out of this situation; he just knows in the end the whole town is going to turn out for a big showdown with an obligatory lesson. Stan and Kenny agree with him and they are all about to leave when Cartman shows up challenging them for the commercial. Kyle informs him that they don't care, but Cartman is oblivious. <br><br>Cartman tries to prevent Kyle from being able to appear in the commercial, he jut doesn't believe that Kyle doesn't care. Kyle tries to tell him that the anti-smoking people are liars and bullies who will stop at nothing to get what they want. Cartman gets to be in the commercial and begins reading the words on the teleprompter, which say that he'll soon be dead from terminal lung cancer caused by second-hand smoke. Cartman realizes for their plan to work, he is going to need to die. Rob Reiner tries to convince Cartman to be a hero. Cartman runs to the other boys for help; he realizes that maybe he can get help from "Big Tobacco" and he convinces the boys to accompany him. Kyle tries to get the boys to break the formula so that they won't wind up in a standoff with everyone in town. Given the choice of that, or being grounded for three weeks they go to "Big Tobacco." As Kyle has predicted, there is a standoff between "Big Tobacco" with the boys and the people of South Park and "Smoke Stoppers." Rob Reiner (between mouthfuls of food) reveals his plan that Cartman must die for their commercial to be effective. As he also predicted, Kyle gives the lesson that he has learned and call's Reiner and his organization nothing more than fascists. This gets the people of South Park back on the side of "Big Tobacco" and the boys get their grounding.[/center]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:49 pm 

I just read a nice, healthy, tar-soaked, cancer encrusted portion of this thread and was glad to see someone (Jimmie D) mention one of my, if not my biggest, pet peeves.... butt flickers! I hate butt-flickers and I *am* a butt-flicker nazi, and proud of it. I spend a lot of my time in the waters of the Everglades and am constantly disgusted by the ignorance and arrogance of people who will be in one of the last untainted places on Earth and flick a fuckin' cigarette butt into the water! What kinda moron does that?! This is something that I deal with on a regular basis and scrapes my last nerve with a fork. I need to work on a plan for dealing with these morons that doesn't involve more gray hairs or jailtime.<br><br>I don't like cigarettes or the smoke, but since I choose to live in a society that allows us to make our own choices(for the most part) and I'd like to do what I can to futher that idea, it would be rather hypocritical of me to support a ban on a personal choice. I'd rather deal with smoke than loss of personal freedom.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:50 am 

[quote author=Wife link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=210#212 date=02/16/04 at 18:49:24] I hate butt-flickers and I *am* a butt-flicker nazi, and proud of it. I spend a lot of my time in the waters of the Everglades and am constantly disgusted by the ignorance and arrogance of people who will be in one of the last untainted places on Earth and flick a fuckin' cigarette butt into the water! What kinda moron does that?![/quote]<br>Yer darned tootin' there Wife. A smoker may think that one butt flicked away isn't going to hurt anything, but when its thousands of butts being flicked by thousands of people, the pollution problem is horrendous.<br><br>Whenever we have a national Clean Up Day here, one of the main problem areas is butts floating around the waterways. Also, butts flicked out of car windows are responsible for starting a lot of bushfires here during the hot season.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:29 am 

... People should realize,...cigarette butts are not bio-degradable,...they're bio-degrading !!! I smoke, but I don't litter...in fact I drive the wife crazy cuz, if there's no place to throw my cigarette butt away in, I keep the snuffed out butt in my pocket, until I find a place, but usually I forget, and the butt comes home with me...then when the Mrs. is going thru my pockets prior to laundry, she finds the butts and screams at me...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:18 am 

all my cigarette butts go untarnished by nicotine into the bin, i smoke joints instead of cigarettes and if i'm going out i just make a yoghurt before i go and don't bother smoking when i'm outside, i find cigarettes disgusting on their own which is odd i suppose seeing i smoke them all day in bifters. i remember when i was in visiting my wife in the maternity ward a few months ago there was a woman who looked ready to give birth at any moment standing outisde smoking in the rain in her nightdress and slippers, it looked clatty :o

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:49 am 

[quote author=zaigoat link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=210#214 date=02/17/04 at 05:29:55]... People should realize,...cigarette butts are not bio-degradable,...they're bio-degrading !!! I smoke, but I don't litter...in fact I drive the wife crazy cuz, if there's no place to throw my cigarette butt away in, I keep the snuffed out butt in my pocket, until I find a place, but usually I forget, and the butt comes home with me...then when the Mrs. is going thru my pockets prior to laundry, she finds the butts and screams at me...[/quote]<br><br>Love it goat! Couple alternative stash spots for you if you're interested in trying to make the wife's life a tad easier.... your shoe- I went white water rafting in West Virginia when I was a smoker and the guides told everyone to put butts there.... back in your cig pack- this is what I did on a regular basis, since I wear sandals and couldn't stash a butt in my shoe.<br><br>Since I always get on people who flick butts, I also make sure to always thank smokers who don't. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:58 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=210#217 date=02/17/04 at 08:18:50]all my cigarette butts go untarnished by nicotine into the bin, i smoke joints instead of cigarettes and if i'm going out i just make a yoghurt before i go and don't bother smoking when i'm outside, i find cigarettes disgusting on their own which is odd i suppose seeing i smoke them all day in bifters. i remember when i was in visiting my wife in the maternity ward a few months ago there was a woman who looked ready to give birth at any moment standing outisde smoking in the rain in her nightdress and slippers, it looked clatty :o[/quote]<br><br><br>I thought cigs were pretty gross even when I smoked.They are! Yesterday I was hanging out with a bunch of people, kids included, so I took a walk to smoke a joint and when I came back the smell of cig smoke totally ruined the lovely green taste I had in my mouth...and we were outside! I remember how gross a cig always tasted after a joint. Bleck! <br><br>SO glad I quit my three pack a day habit just over 8 years ago and never started again. It was such a nasty habit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next