Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: NO SMOKING
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:05 pm 
Banned

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=165#175 date=09/16/03 at 19:58:18]dedicated to Master Fish[/quote]<br>Who? Me? I don't get it. Why would you dedicate that picture to me? <br> ??? ??? ???

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject: re: no smoking
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:18 pm 

Post subject: Re: no smoking
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:20 pm 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=165#178 date=09/17/03 at 01:18:59]Image[/quote]<br>Is that from the Prague show? Now that's a show that I'd like to see released by Barfko. I have a shitty 10th-generation video copy of Czech TV footage that includes the first number from that show. He gave a really cool speech before he started and then he proceeded to play an A1 solo over a reggae vamp.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:28 am 

I saw a documentry called The Last Cigarette.  They administered a small amount of nicoteen to a mouse.  The mouse started to flail violently, then died within a few seconds.<br><br>Why do I still smoke?  Who fucking knows?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:37 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=165#166 date=09/12/03 at 01:55:21]there used to be an underground gay movement in london (they may still be going) who were known to insert hollowed plastic tubing up their arses then put hamsters and mice into the tubes so they could rumble about their backsides. It is from this gay group that the british pop act the Pet Shop Boys got their names.  Allegedly[/quote]<br><br>[center]Jesusth Christth!<br>Image[/center]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:29 am 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=150#163 date=09/12/03 at 00:50:04][tt]<br>It can kill you. That doesn't mean it will with everyone who smokes. [/tt]<br>[/quote]<br><br>Fact: If someone smokes untill the day they die, their death will be caused by a cigarette related disease.  That is, if they don't die an accidental death.<br><br>I hate little tidbits like this, that non-smokers spit out.  It is true though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:35 am 

I think these are yours Batchain.<br><br>ImageImage<br><br>lol.....kidding :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:48 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=180#190 date=12/01/03 at 14:43:42]I may need to reconsider my Top 10 Worst Things About Touring to include the hundreds of packs of cigarettes I second-hand smoked without the benefit of a filter.....and back at the motel/hotel I could smell the stench reeking from my clothes no matter how far I tossed them from the bed. I remember this one woman at The Funk Box in Baltimore, Maryland who was puffing away like crazy...but not inhaling...just blowing the smoke up towards the stage. Some of the venues enforced no smoking restrictions, which we loved...it was like, "Hey, we're gonna be able to breathe tonight!"...and that put the band in a good mood, which may have resulted in an improved performance for that night.[/quote]<br>there's irony in there somewhere  ;D

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:23 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=180#190 date=12/01/03 at 14:43:42]Some of the venues enforced no smoking restrictions, which we loved...it was like, "Hey, we're gonna be able to breathe tonight!"...and that put the band in a good mood, which may have resulted in an improved performance for that night.[/quote]<br><br>Being in a band, I know exactly what you mean and couldn't agree more. I remember when I played in a miserable country band (these bands do play even if it's the worst crap being played - and badly), I put a little fan on my music sheets holder, and I directed the fan toward the table next to me where there were smokers. I thought it would just be fair to blow back to thier faces what I was unwillingly breathing while playing, not to mention my burning eyes that couldn't stop wiping even if I washed them in cold water.<br><br>Air ventilation is always the last thing on these bars' budget. My best nights were when there were very few people in the place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:27 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=180#190 date=12/01/03 at 14:43:42]I may need to reconsider my Top 10 Worst Things About Touring to include the hundreds of packs of cigarettes I second-hand smoked without the benefit of a filter.....and back at the motel/hotel I could smell the stench reeking from my clothes no matter how far I tossed them from the bed. I remember this one woman at The Funk Box in Baltimore, Maryland who was puffing away like crazy...but not inhaling...just blowing the smoke up towards the stage. Some of the venues enforced no smoking restrictions, which we loved...it was like, "Hey, we're gonna be able to breathe tonight!"...and that put the band in a good mood, which may have resulted in an improved performance for that night.[/quote]<br><br>Here, there is no smoking in any public place, unless in a designated area, with seperate air circulation.  <br> <br>Perhaps P\O should play a show here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:15 am 

i thought ike was a smoker jimmie ? perhaps he refrains on stage ( never seen live see ) - what about the bus though - must require frequent cig stops. just curious, thats all.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:19 am 

I like waking up in the afternoon, stumbling out of bed.<br>I'm usually hungry, so the first thing i do is have a cigarette.<br><br><br><br><br><br>As long as theres cigarettes........................<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>                           ...............theres 'gunna' be smokers.<br><br>Thank god for them!  :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:46 am 

day care for little kids ? yeah - if you catch em lighting up in there id legislate for on the spot testical removal for men and shave the heads of the women jimmie. <br>i make the distinction between captive kids in daycare and consenting adults at a gig though.<br><br>mungo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next