Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: NO SMOKING
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:42 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=135#149 date=09/10/03 at 11:02:02][center]<br>You've overreacted.<br><br> ;D[/center][/quote]<br>YOU'VE OVERREACTED...<br><br>...AND YOU'VE OVERREACTED.<br>Image<br><br>THIS WHOLE FUCKING FORUM HAS OVERREACTED.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:27 pm 

[quote author=Mr. Canadian link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=150#150 date=09/10/03 at 11:10:56]i haven't read anything in this thread at all but i just found out the Zevon smoked like a fish and died of a type of lung cancer. <br><br>i also think that smoking probably contributed to frank's death as well.<br><br>it's so weird. zappa was such a smart guy, anti-drug, musical genius, politically conscious etc, but he smoked like a chimney? i guess he wasn't THAT smart afterall, too bad...<br><br>[/quote]<br>Zappa died of prostate cancer, not lung cancer, though I'm sure the smoking didn't exactly do much to improve his health.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:02 am 

Well, if we REALLY KNEW what makes us sick or gives us cancer of any sort, I am sure people would be more careful. No? <br>Look at this: if we jump out of the tenth floor, we will die.  If we drink poison, we also will. If we put a gun to our head an pull the trigger, we will also too... so, only if people want to die, they will do this odd kind of thing. If there is proof, that cigarettes combined with alcohol, coffee and what so ever, will lead to a quick and certain cancer growth, people will stop. <br>The EU wants to put those stupid pics on the zig-packs that shows the (possible) results of tobacco. They will reach nothing by it! Maybe some cynical reaction of schoolkids collecting the ehole series, like "oh, you want my black lung? I have it twice, gimme your black leg..." <br>What are we doing angainst alcohol abuse? Or Driving too fast? Those things and war kils more folk than smoking...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:57 pm 

Well Going on being a non-smoker for a week now. I feel damn better to.<br>With that said. I dont really understand why there is such an argument about what causes cancer?<br>My Dad Died of cancer. He never smoked a Ciggarette, dipped or chewed in his life. He didn't drink coffee or do anything that Zappa was known to do. He exersiced regularly and stayed in seemingly good health. So....would any of you self proclaimed doctors like to tell me why he got cancer and died?<br>Anyway Proud of myself for quiting. ;D<br><br><br>But I do agree that Coughing when you smoke is a reflex that the body gives you saying what the fuck are you putting in me?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:55 pm 

there used to be an underground gay movement in london (they may still be going) who were known to insert hollowed plastic tubing up their arses then put hamsters and mice into the tubes so they could rumble about their backsides. It is from this gay group that the british pop act the Pet Shop Boys got their names.  Allegedly

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:03 am 

OK, getting off the smoking thing for a little longer.<br><br>Check out  www.fisting.com     <br><br>This site is not for everyone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:23 am 

hope you all enjoyed that folks......now Franks death.<br>The way I see it Barry....is that Frank was meant to die on the day he died, not before not after.<br>I sincerely believe that your time for death is decided possibly before your born.<br><br>Some people can live the most unhealthiest lives and live for a 100 years. <br>And some who live in the most healthiest way possible die very early.<br><br>I think Frank could have lived anyway he wanted to and he still would have died on the 4 dec 93.<br><br>I am a great believer in Karma and that when youve paid off yer karmic debts and fulfilled yer lifes purposes then DEATH will take you  anyway and onto yer new body.<br><br>DEATH will also take your body in anyway that you have a debt of karma  (which is why "innocent" people get murdered etc)<br><br>I know that many might think I'm off my rocker but well I suppose its better than arguing over whether Frank died<br>of coffee, cigs, nine types of industrial pollution or whatever.<br><br>Here's to Frank in his next life (or to the great corp of celestial musicians that hes conducting up in musicheaven) See ya soon Frankie :-*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:30 am 

neither is voting republican but people still do that too

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next