Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rugby Thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:54 am 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=60#72 date=11/01/03 at 14:48:30]<br>You're not wrong there. We were shite. I feel that unless we make some selection changes we will surrender the trophy soon (after beating Scotland next week).[/quote]<br><br>I'm sorry but the aussie weren't shite. What you saw was two outstanding teams. I rate O'Gara above humphrys, O'Gara is better play maker. But Humphrys is a better kicker and i too believe we would have won with him on the pitch from the start.<br><br> I don't know why everyone is rating france. They've yet to meet good oposition. They will next Sunday. I'm a realicist guy and i believe we can beat the French. And then it will be the English in the Semis. And i believe we can beat them too.

Watercress-Errrr Micheal J Fox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:30 pm 

ImageImage<br><br>Mitchell ,still juggling th number's ,. a spirited effort from th Welsh..<br><br>Sidenote:..Tana Umunga will receive a 10 inch porcelain figurine from Welsh Rugby Union Chairman David Pickering at the post match reception<br> Umaga was the first player to react when, in the last meeting of the two sides in Hamilton in June, Welsh captain Colin Charvis was knocked out in a tackle by All Black forward Jerry Collins. <br> He stopped playing, despite New Zealand having the advantage, and checked on Charvis, making sure the Welsh forward had not swallowed his tongue before placing him in the recovery position.<br><br>  This is what it's  all about fella's and fellaress's,..true sportsmanship..Tana for PM.. :D<br><br>      Image<br><br> (i'm hoping for an Irish win too francie..) ;D ;) ;D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:24 am 

Today I tried to get 1 ticket for one of the semi-finals being played the weekend after next. The cheapest seats were $150.00 which I was prepared to pay, but there was not one ticket left, unless I wanted to pay $300.00 for the higher grade tickets. A-Grade seats are about $450.00. I'll be watching them live on TV instead.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:32 am 

Yes, its easier to follow when you know whats going on. Most people prefer what they were brought up with. The fewer rules in soccer probably do explain its universal appeal, but the lack of many scoring shots is what I find hard about it.<br><br>Rugby has too many rules at present thanks to those ever-present administrators (overpaid old farts who forget what its like to play the game, if they ever knew). A lot of these people have never come to grips with the idea that rugby is now a professional sport at the higher level, yet still a tribal game at the grassroots level.<br><br>The main difference between rugby and gridiron is that in rugby the ball must be passed backwards and when a try (touchdown) is scored the player must place the ball over (or on) the goal line rather than just running across it. Apart from that its just big boofy blokes running into other big boofy blokes......and a few other fiddly bits.<br><br>Rugby players don't wear as much protective gear as grid iron players do. Ask Mungo what he thinks of that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:53 am 

New Zealand    29<br>South Africa         9<br><br><br><br>Australia           33<br>Scotland             16<br><br><br>Looks like we have a date next Saturday, eh Stride.<br><br><br>Image<br>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:07 am 

I have this [sup] huge[/sup] smile ..on my face...<br><br> ;D.....<br><br>                            Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:15 pm 

Ahhh....,Time to reflect some<br><br>   Some 'Hair' moments...<br><br>Image [sub]two wooly welshmen[/sub]<br>Image  ..[sub]Watch this guy![/sub]<br>Image  ..[sub]"nother nailbiter[/sub]<br>Image[sub]Irie?...irie[/sub]<br><br>..Yep!...two 1/4 finals to go...<br><br><br>Image[sub]Go Green..[/sub]<br>Image[sub]who d' fukk dis bunny?[/sub]<br>Image<br><br>Wales by 3,....Ireland,..drop goal in extra time...   8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:05 pm 

[quote author=stride link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=75#82 date=11/08/03 at 16:15:16] <br>Wales by 3,....Ireland,..drop goal in extra time...   8)[/quote]<br>We wish!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:01 am 

hmmmmm. all i have to say is - whats happend to wales to cause the sudden improvement ? anyway they are out now - lets hope they keep the form up - i never liked to see wales in the sorry state they where for the last 10 odd years. <br><br>ogara is a dead loss - ireland got all their points when humphrys came on at 1/2 time against france this morning same as in the australia match - i rest my case . ogara just does not look comfortable with the ball im afraid - still, he is young, then again, when he speaks on tv he comes accross as a bit thick - thats not good - though i recon hes just a bit shy - which aint good either is it ? <br><br>on current form its looking like a FRANCE - NZ final - what the f**** are england playing at ? if they play catt from the start next sunday there may be hope. can you believe it - mike catt still playing - and better than ever.<br><br>will somebody tell jason robinson to stop laying those league style eggs from twixt his legs when he goes to ground - i find it friggin anoying. <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:23 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=75#84 date=11/09/03 at 06:01:02]on current form its looking like a FRANCE - NZ final [/quote]<br>I think you might be right mungo. Both are looking hot. What a final that would make!<br><br>I got a ticket for the England v France semi-final on Sunday (the other one was sold out). It'll be the first time I've ever supported France for anything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:44 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=75#86 date=11/10/03 at 01:57:07]So the semi-finals are England vs. France and New Zealand vs. Australia...<br><br>Jeezis: by comparison, the finals will be anti-climactic.[/quote]<br> ;D<br>There may not be much left over to contest the final after those local derby's are finished.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:08 am 

I've heard that they're gonna double the length of the bench in the "sin-bin". I wonder why ??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:27 am 

[quote author=Baby Snakes link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=75#88 date=11/10/03 at 06:08:25]I've heard that they're gonna double the length of the bench in the "sin-bin". I wonder why ??[/quote]<br>so more rugger buggers can give their arses a rest

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:48 am 

SUPPORTING FRANCE BERNIE ! GOOD GOD MAN, HAVE YOU TAKEN LEAVE OF YER SENSES - I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO SUCH A RUM THING - THIS IS TAKING THINGS JUST A WEE BIT TOO FAR - TRAITOR.<br><br>MUNGO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:07 am 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=90#90 date=11/10/03 at 07:48:24]SUPPORTING FRANCE BERNIE ! GOOD GOD MAN, HAVE YOU TAKEN LEAVE OF YER SENSES - I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO SUCH A RUM THING - THIS IS TAKING THINGS JUST A WEE BIT TOO FAR - TRAITOR.<br><br>MUNGO[/quote]<br><br>Bernie supports France... So what? Is this a crime? Image They've done pretty well and I think they'll defeat England. Image<br>But I don't think they'll defeat New Zealand Image<br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:14 am 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=90#90 date=11/10/03 at 07:48:24]SUPPORTING FRANCE BERNIE ! GOOD GOD MAN, HAVE YOU TAKEN LEAVE OF YER SENSES - I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO SUCH A RUM THING - THIS IS TAKING THINGS JUST A WEE BIT TOO FAR - TRAITOR.<br>[/quote]<br>Hell Mungo, I'd even support Libya against the Poms. After the frogs beat Clive's wankers, I'll switch my support to NZ against the northern hemisphere hordes.<br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:51 am 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=90#92 date=11/11/03 at 02:14:25]<br>Hell Mungo, I'd even support Libya against the Poms. After the frogs beat Clive's wankers, I'll switch my support to NZ against the northern hemisphere hordes.<br>[/quote]<br><br>That reminds me of what I like about the Aussies.<br>Fuck All.<br> :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:52 am 

i get the idea bernie but aint this akin to cutting off yer nose to spite yer face - i mean the french - who next - pol pot ? <br>anyway , both the wallabies and the cocks will be making a swift exit from this competition at the weekend - mark my words - or ill eat my - well, if its not that way ill let YOU choose what i eat - ok.<br><br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:12 pm 

<br>               WHAT THE COACHES SAY<br><br>Woodward: Ummm ,err..arrrgh ,I, ummmm... <br><br>Laporte: “We want to take our revenge for the Six Nations<br><br>Jones: KILL CARLOS!!<br><br>Mitchell: For us to succeed this weekend,we're going to have to play better than we have until this point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:51 pm 

[quote author=Baby Snakes link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=90#93 date=11/11/03 at 12:51:22]<br><br>That reminds me of what I like about the Aussies.<br>Fuck All.<br> :D[/quote]<br>Nice avatar. Did you take the photo with one of those self-timer cameras?       ;D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:56 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=90#94 date=11/11/03 at 12:52:42] the wallabies and the cocks will be making a swift exit from this competition at the weekend - mark my words - or ill eat my - well, if its not that way ill let YOU choose what i eat - ok.<br>[/quote]<br>Unwashed underpants would suffice. Knowing how often you lot bathe, that would be a fullsome meal indeed.  :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:40 am 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=90#96 date=11/11/03 at 22:51:50]<br>Nice avatar. Did you take the photo with one of those self-timer cameras?       ;D[/quote]<br><br>Arf! (I mean Oink!)  ;D<br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:49 am 

right oh bernie - gonks with skid marks is fine with me though i recon i have got off lightly - anybody with an ounce of imagination would have suggested i stuff baby snakes in my mouth.<br><br>mungo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next