Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rugby Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:22 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=15#24 date=10/13/03 at 14:43:43]this is a shitty situation - in addition many world class players from places like fiji cant afford to loose pay from their western clubs if they elect to play in this tournament. many more are poached by the likes of australia and NZ and givin citizinship if they take up nationality and play for em. <br> [/quote]<br>Yer right mungo, life sucks for the islanders. The IRB is a bunch of toothless wimps who wont stand up to the euro clubs, even though they have the rules in place.<br><br>With the many millions they make, they could easily compensate the poorer island nations, or pay their players, so they dont have to pass up playing in the cup.<br><br>As usual, the rich get richer, the poor get the picture.<br><br>Anyway, i'll have a bet with you. I bet england beat south africa by more than 10.<br><br>are you on?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:42 pm 

i see scotland are a step closer now :o

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:50 pm 

Quote:
olivier magne got a richly deserved whack from the fijian wing ( yes the wing ! ) ( yes you frenchies - they really do hate you in the south pacific  ) and tana umaga seems likely out of the rest of the competition - thats a pity.
<br><br>They hate us in the South Pacific? Why should they ??? We don't do nuclear tests in Polynesia anymore (finally!!!). Or is there another reason I'm not aware of  ???<br><br>Anyway. I enjoyed Japan v Scotland too. The most impressive team is England I think. Only NZ can beat them. Maybe France but it's unlikely  :-/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:25 pm 

ok bernie - ill go for an england win by 15 points,  plus a bok for the first red card. <br><br>who needs a reason cheepnis ? one reason , a hundred reasons - no matter - everyone thinks the french suck - sorry. i think the half life of a uranium isotope is ...... a long time - we shall not forget ( rip rainbow warrior ) <br><br>- only kidding ! i just like a good match and it looks like the cocks ( how i say it le coq ? ) are up for it - even if the cock is from a brissy broiler battery. vive la france, vive le hunter vally vino, vive le bifsteak mit deux oeufs pour le petit dejuner avec une vb et deux xxxx. <br><br>mungo<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:46 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=15#28 date=10/13/03 at 16:25:29]who needs a reason cheepnis ? one reason , a hundred reasons - no matter - everyone thinks the french suck - sorry. i think the half life of a uranium isotope is ...... a long time - we shall not forget ( rip rainbow warrior ) [/quote]<br><br>Mururoa, Fangatofa... people in the South Pacific won't forget. What a shame :'( Even Vanuatu and Fiji received radiation and they are very far from Polynesia. The jerks who decided nuclear tests would be done in these atolls should be prosecuted. Well the survivors, because de Gaulle, Pompidou, Mitterrand are dead. Is the word "sorry" appropriate?<br>And the Rainbow Warrior... a man died because an idiot thought Greenpeace was loaded with KGB spies.<br>Our politicians are hopeless. Chirac should be in jail. There are many reasons for this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:05 pm 

It was sad to see Umunga (one of my favourite player's) go down in the first round. Italy really had a taste of the 'mongrel' in that game.  (Good Stuff!)<br> We are still waiting on Mauger and where he stands in th back line...<br> Option's there...<br><br> As to Fiji imports...Rocokoko , has been a NZ citizen since he was 5..(and now they want him back?)<br> I genuinely thought ,Georgia had a great game against England,they're paid miniscule amount compared to there conterparts..but they still show up and play with huge hearts..<br>The French..well, they be my 'untoosure' card...,will they or wont they?...futhermore ,..in Pasifika.., we never forget.<br> This week , the Pom's and Boks will know a little more,which brings us to our host's...<br><br><br> Go Ireland..<br>Image<br> <br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:54 am 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=15#28 date=10/13/03 at 16:25:29]<br>who needs a reason cheepnis ? one reason , a hundred reasons - no matter - everyone thinks the french suck - sorry. i think the half life of a uranium isotope is ...... a long time - we shall not forget ( rip rainbow warrior ) <br>[/quote]<br>Sorry Cheepy, but mungo's right, everyone hates the french. Its de rigeur for any self-respecting country to do so. Nuclear testing in the Pacific and Rainbow Warrior are a big part of it. Luckily though, we don't include you in these festivities of bile. You and your family are cool with us.  ;D<br><br>But mungo, while the engish will do well, they wont win the cup. They've shot their wad already. They always peak between cups. All Blacks are my bet, unless my mob improve dramatically, which needs a couple of team changes for that to happen, but Eddie's not listening.<br><br>Gregan should be dropped for Whittaker, and Turinui needs one of the centre positions. But will they listen to me? Noooo.<br><br>Its a bummer about Umaga stride, you're right. A great and exciting player.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:54 am 

dawson, gomersall and bracken all injured - minor injured - all 3 pommy scrum halfs out of action for a bit - bad luck or what. <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:03 am 

bernie - the blacks have a few players of individual brilliance who cant be betterd while the whole england team play as a unit and any one of em can play in  in any position - might as well take the numbers off their shirts. it will be a close thing if those 2 meet in the final. meanwhile we have many games to go and the whole thing is still open - france, SA  and australia can win this thing too - an upset wouldnt surprise me in the least - and ireland can definitly get one over on any ( well not NZ or england id say ) team on the right day. <br><br>mungo<br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:48 am 

[glow=blue,2,300]I T A L I A wins against Tonga!!!!<br>Come on!![/glow] ;D 8) ;D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:00 am 

Italy 36<br>Tonga 12<br><br>Fiji 19<br>USA 18<br><br>Samoa 60<br>Uruguay 13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:02 am 

[quote author=CheepnisAroma link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=30#35 date=10/15/03 at 08:00:44]Italy 36<br>Tonga 12<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>[glow=blue,2,300]OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH  YEEEEEEAAAAH !!!!!!!!!![/glow]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:59 am 

regarding keith wood pictured above - in ireland he is ( i just learnt ) called - THE RAGING POTATOE - aint that funny ?<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:58 pm 

[quote author=MIZZU link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=30#36 date=10/15/03 at 08:02:36]<br><br>[glow=blue,2,300]OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH  YEEEEEEAAAAH !!!!!!!!!![/glow][/quote]<br>I don't even know where Tonga is. I do know it's in the South Pacific, but where exactly I don't know  :-[

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:07 pm 

Next games for Italy:<br><br>October 21st in Canberra:<br>Italy v Canada<br><br>October 25th in Canberra:<br>Italy v Wales<br><br>[move][center]Forza Italia[/center][/move]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:37 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=30#37 date=10/15/03 at 13:59:03]regarding keith wood pictured above - in ireland he is ( i just learnt ) called - THE RAGING POTATOE - aint that funny ?<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br>With a head like that, I'm not surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:38 pm 

[quote author=MIZZU link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=30#36 date=10/15/03 at 08:02:36]<br><br>[glow=blue,2,300]OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH  YEEEEEEAAAAH !!!!!!!!!![/glow][/quote]<br>And a good win it was!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:35 pm 

[quote author=CheepnisAroma link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=30#38 date=10/15/03 at 15:58:46]<br>I don't even know where Tonga is. I do know it's in the South Pacific, but where exactly I don't know  :-[[/quote]<br><br>I'm sure everybody wants to know where it is<br><br>Image<br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:40 pm 

[glow=gold,4,300]FROM THE WORLD CUP SCRIPTURES[/glow]<br><br>Let he who is without neck, win the first scrum.<br><br>Tackle others as you would have them tackle you.<br><br>As you catch, so shall you pass.<br><br>Love thine opponent.<br><br>The Ref giveth; the Ref taketh away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:17 am 

whats this doing on page 2 ? anyway, <br><br>NZ 64 - CANADA 6 - i think<br><br>hey stride yer mankey old ewe abuser - whats the deal with sicking yer tongue out and pulling funny faces - all the kiwi crowd seem to be doing it from what i see of the tv footage ? anyway - you lot need to find some serious forwards and pretty quick if you are to stand a chance - the maple leafs had NZ on the back foot for much of the match - back play is ok though suffering from the england cricket team syndrome - you need to catch it see.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:36 pm 

Leader<br>               KA MATE!         KA MATE!<br>           It is death!     It is death!   <br><br><br>Chorus<br>               KA ORA,          KA ORA!<br>               It is life!      It is life!<br><br><br>Leader <br>               KA MATE!         KA MATE!<br>               It is death!     It is death!  <br> <br><br>Chorus<br>               KA ORA,          KA ORA!<br>               It is life!      It is life!<br><br>               TENEI  TE  TANGATA  PU'RU-HURU<br>               For this is the man, so hairy<br><br>               NA'A  NEI  TIKI      MAI WHAKA-WHITI TE ...<br>               Who fetched,         and made shine  the <br><br>     ... RA! HUPANE!            KA-UPANE!<br>        sun! Upward step!       Another ... !<br><br>               A HUPANE!    KA-UPANE! <br>               An upward step!     Another... !<br><br><br>               WHITI TE RA!<br>               The sun shines!<br><br>                 HI !<br><br>Image<br><br>The common interpretation for the haka is war dance as symbolized by the All Blacks haka. Haka is also used generically to describe all forms of Maori dance and performance<br>The word haka is made up two parts: ha-ka. <br>Ha = Breath Ka = To ignite, to energise <br>Ha-ka can mean "to ignite the breath". The haka is simply a way to ignite the breath, energise the body and inspire the spirit.<br><br>Image<br><br><br> Link>>http://folksong.org.nz/ka_mate/index.html<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:03 pm 

KIWI"S   30<br>    KANGA"S  16 <br>  Thing's are looking up!   ;)<br> ..after a 4 year drought..<br><br> Tonight ENG Vs SA,..I take th' Boks..by5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:11 am 

[quote author=stride link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=45#46 date=10/18/03 at 01:03:11]KIWI"S   30<br>    KANGA"S  16 <br>  Thing's are looking up!   ;)<br> ..after a 4 year drought..<br><br> Tonight ENG Vs SA,..I take th' Boks..by5[/quote]<br><br>I don't mind the league result - I hate coach Chris Anderson. You did your dough on the boks though.<br><br>England                 25<br>South Africa             6<br><br>the boers stuck it up 'em for a while though<br><br><br>Australia                90<br>Romania                  8<br><br>things definitely looking up<br><br><br>France                    51<br>Japan                     29

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:46 am 

the japs ( inc. kiwi mercenary freelancers ) had a pretty good go at france ( inc. one kiwi mercenary freelancer ) ! excellent game .<br><br>as for england - twas good enough and i won my bet with a mate - a 16 point marjin was a good call, nice to see a bit of blood too.<br><br>never seen the haka translated and i have to admit the lyrics rock - i also note carlos spencer type tattoos are in fashion too - is spencer 1/2 maori ?<br><br>whats up next then ? <br><br>btw bernie -  i prefered bian johnson to bon scott - anyway arnt the young brothers pomms ?<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:04 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=45#48 date=10/18/03 at 11:46:52]the japs ( inc. kiwi mercenary freelancers ) had a pretty good go at france ( inc. one kiwi mercenary freelancer ) ! excellent game .[/quote]<br><br>Yes, they're a real surprise packet, eh?<br><br>
Quote:
never seen the haka translated and i have to admit the lyrics rock - i also note carlos spencer type tattoos are in fashion too - is spencer 1/2 maori ?
<br><br>I believe he's part Maori, yes. He also plays for the Maori team so he must qualify for that with a bloodline.<br><br>
Quote:
btw bernie -  i prefered bian johnson to bon scott - anyway arnt the young brothers pomms ?
<br><br>yes, refugees who made good in the land of milk and honey......and beer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next