Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rugby Thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:44 pm 

t minus 24 hours and counting - anybody want to predict some results ?<br><br>NZ to win by 12 points<br><br>ENGLAND to win by 7 points<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:17 am 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=90#100 date=11/14/03 at 01:44:32]t minus 24 hours and counting - anybody want to predict some results ?<br>[/quote]<br>Australia by 1<br><br>France by 3  (Look for me in the crowd, I'll be there for this one - I've got brown hair)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:58 am 

bernie - i shall be watching out for ya - why not do a streak then we wont miss you ? <br>so are you going to the final ? if so beware, as i have sent your pic to one of our clients who flew out for the finals and semis on tuesday - andrew used to play second row for fylde and has a particular aversion to whinging pommy bashing aussies - perhaps we will get a pic of you in the back of an ambulance ! <br><br>good luck<br><br>mungo<br><br>Image<br><br>thats the game on sunday - LEAPFROG !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:46 pm 

Uncle Bernie said:<br>
Quote:
You want it? Well line up turkeys, coz WE GOT IT.
<br>Stride said:<br>
Quote:
Formidable! <br> <br>   ...be afraid,...be very afraid
<br>Mungo said:<br>
Quote:
err yes stride - somehow i think not - good luck anyhows.
<br>MTF said:<br>
Quote:
Jeezis: by comparison, the finals will be anti-climactic.
<br> T minus 4 hrs...<br>  A Titanic proportion of a match tonight<br>I'm ready ,th support crew is arriving,th fridge is stocked,th pizza's are ready to burn.<br> Stadium Australia,on a field of dreams,only one will go on..<br> The two best teams in the world,and as my mate will tell ya,everyone else is a distant second..<br> My prediction:AB's 40+<br>[sub]i  hope some of our US bro's be watchin this one too[/sub]<br>                                       Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:01 am 

OZ 22<br>NZ 10<br><br> :o  :o  :o  :o  :o Surprise!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:35 am 

[quote author=stride link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=90#103 date=11/14/03 at 21:46:27]Stadium Australia,on a field of dreams,only one will go on..<br>[/quote]<br>.....and.....ahem...that will be........<br><br>[glow=gold,2,300]AUSTRALIA[/glow]<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:42 am 

[quote author=stride link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=90#103 date=11/14/03 at 21:46:27] My prediction:AB's 40+<br>[/quote]<br><br>Mungo said:<br>
Quote:
NZ to win by 12 points
<br><br>Uncle Bernie said:<br>
Quote:
Australia by 1
<br><br>Looks like I was the only one within coo-ee of the correct outcome. A tough, if unexpected, win by the current World Champions.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:07 am 

They come on in<br>With th fire in th eye<br>Spies in th lineout<br>Fed on bean sprout<br>Green and Gold<br>A rivalry of old<br>Where th real men carry it <br>Swing Low Sweet Chariot<br>And whatever else you wanna sing ther <br>You'll Come a Waltzin' Matilda..<br><br>  Something that is all to this sap<br>And that is th music of Zap<br>And before I go out and eat my hat and carbuncle<br>I bow down to you ..my Uncle<br><br>.......th thread killer from Hell....<br><br>     (who comes on the day<br>                                 Jerry Collins,..All Black)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:24 am 

I have to feel for the All Blacks. They are a great and entertaining team who were beaten by a team playing out of their skins on the night. I hope the NZ public are not too hard on them, but I think they will be.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:57 am 

what a disaster - except NZ won on the stretcher count -dont worry stride as we shall sort em out in the final for ya. <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:20 am 

England     24<br><br>France           7<br><br><br>What a shit game of rugby this was. France were absolute crap and England were dead boring.<br><br>e.g. 7 minutes to go, England leading 21 - 7, England get a penalty. So with a 14 point lead already what do England do? Go for goal! Fair dinkum, mungo, this team has no balls and no imagination and the sooner we whip their pasty arses next week the better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:16 am 

yes yes ( yawn ) - the now predictable and familiar shrill sound of a million bruces WHINGING in unison . presumably the sweet shelias of oz ( not to mention a million " RUPERTS" from the gay metropolis that is sydney )   will have had a busy weekend changing their bruces fosters-filled daipers - the prospect of facing THE POMMY INFIDEL in the final being too much to bear. la-di-da bernie - get that sphincter under control mate else the murray will flood when ya get TOTALLY CREAMED by ENGLAND next saturday - ims lookin forward to it.<br><br>and i speak as an ulsterman - not a pomm - btw.<br><br>fact is england have hammerd the wallabies in their last 4 matches - the pomms can play the wide passing game getting trys in dry conditions or the tight ball retention and keep the pressure up forward game in the wet - kicking it when the opposition kill the ball to prevent the innevitable try via maul. <br>this much we know - both match plans have been amply  demonstrated in the last 20 england matches against all comers - and they have won 20 consecutive matches.<br><br>this wallabie team aint no team of freeflowing agile try scoring backs - neither do they have the strength up front to match england - neither have they demonstrated that they can win matches under sever pressure or come back from behind - and england can do all of these things. <br><br>you think the boys in gold wont crack - they WILL crack matey. you think england will let themselves loose this ? not a chance - there is NOT A CHANCE IN HELL that jonno, richard hill, backy, catt, dawson and the others who will never get another shot at the webb ellis will let it slip.<br><br>i promise ya that bernie, i promise ya - and if it aint that way - i WILL eat my gonks and i WILL post a pic here of me eaten em - with skid marks !<br><br>mungo<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:21 am 

"They (England) played the conditions superbly........it was a smart brand of Rugby". Not a quote from a "pommie" but from Eddie Jones the Aussie coach. Yer sound worried Unca Bernie.... what was with the Aussies lap of honour on Saturday then? Yer don't think that it's won already?? Maybe it's cos you won't be doing one next Sat'dee?? <br><br>Heeeeeeeeeere's Johnny !!!<br><br>Image<br><br>Anyhow, we'll agree for a quick recovery to Ben Darwin. Hope he'll be swiggin' the V.B.'s (nice stuff) again sooner rather than later!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:30 pm 

yes thats it - hes worried aint he ! bernie is worried , eddie jones is worried, the aussie press are worried, the aussie nation is worries and steven larkam is crapping himself . <br><br>for once the aussies are correct - YOUS RIGHT TO WORRY.<br><br><br>btw - im worried - you still alive stride ? he was ok when i left him on yahoo on friday evening.........<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:47 pm 

[move]BREAKING NEWS[/move]<br><br>               ...This just in....<br><br>
Quote:
(NZPA)..Sauces close to this reporter have indicated all is not well within the ARU<br> Allegations of spying have surfaced with a number of 'bugs' being found in the AB's changing room and hotel..(so that's how they knew our lineout calls)<br> Other allegations involve ,the schooner of Moloko plus /Gatorade, green and gold players were to have drunk ..pre match, and a quick whip around to raise funds to offer the AB captain an 'offer he couldn't refuse'', to simply, not captain!<br> When pressed for a comment Jonno Kneel cited he was late for a lunch with Perry Kacker (owner of the Pox TV network) ..So expect a coverup of titanic proportions.<br> It seems this conspiracy goes deeper with the ARU IRB CIA IRA BBC and Mulimbimby Mafia all involved to some degree, along with the Referee's Association<br> Although all is not lost ,if we move fast enough and employ some high powered lawyer's.<br> As we go to press,the law firm of Chunder and Blunder is flyng in it's top team of reps to 'tackle' this case<br> Word has it when  the Ockers are disqualified the true final will be played out weekend next England Vs NZ<br> Watch this space for further developements..<br>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:49 pm 

Yes stride, there is reason for the poms to worry. I know someone who works in the team's hotel kitchen and I also know how to get my hands on a case of leftover anthrax, so they can expect their expansive guts to be rumbling severely by Saturday morning.<br><br>Mungo, how do you expect a team who've forgotten how to score tries to beat the Wallabies. The pressure will make little Jonny bust his blurter in the first 10 minutes, so he won't be able to help. He MISSED 3 goals on Sunday! And how come you've got so much to say anyway? Shouldn't you be eating your gonks right now after your previous wild predictions?<br><br>I'm not worried in the slightest. We've turned the corner now and will dispatch Clive's mob and show no mercy in the process.<br><br>BRING IT ON!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:51 am 

[quote author=Baby Snakes link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=105#113 date=11/17/03 at 12:21:50]"They (England) played the conditions superbly........it was a smart brand of Rugby". Not a quote from a "pommie" but from Eddie Jones the Aussie coach.[/quote]<br>The two coaches actually hate each others guts, but now that the Final is up for grabs they're indulging in some mutual masturbation, so as to avoid giving the other side any motivational weapons before the game. Eddie was bullshitting, as is Clive.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:10 am 

bernie my friend - nomatter what you say theres no disguising the unmistakable smell of aussie crap in pants - fret not - it will all be over by sunday morning when the pomms fly home with the webbb ellis cup safely in a first class seat ( BA naturally ) .<br><br><br>btw - i hear eddie jones used to stamp on woodwards head when the latter played for manley - 5 years in oz apparently- thats the source of the animosity i think.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:48 am 

Image<br><br><br>Apparently the kiwis have taken their elimination very badly. It's feared the nationwide depression will start affecting the economy. Lamb prices have already fallen.<br><br>It's now down to $10 per hour.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:52 am 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=105#119 date=11/20/03 at 03:48:41] Apparently the kiwis have taken their elimination very badly. It's feared the nationwide depression will start affecting the economy. Lamb prices have already fallen.<br><br>It's now down to $10 per hour.[/quote]<br>This rugby-crazy country must feel depressed. Damn. Another defeat. It's amazing to see that it affects the economy of NZ. Hey Kiwis, it's only rugby!<br>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:43 am 

Hey Mungo,<br><br>Snow White stayed at home to do the housework and cook the Dwarfs' lunches. However when she went to the mine to deliver their lunches, she found there had been a cave-in, and there was no sign of the Dwarfs. Tearfully, she yelled into the mine's entrance:"Hello, is anyone there? Can anyone hear me?" A voice floated up from the bowels of the mine: "England will win the Rugby World Cup."<br>"Thank God," said Snow White, "at least Dopey's alive."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:48 am 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=general;num=1065599532;start=120#121 date=11/21/03 at 04:43:08]Hey Mungo,<br><br>Snow White stayed at home to do the housework and cook the Dwarfs' lunches. However when she went to the mine to deliver their lunches, she found there had been a cave-in, and there was no sign of the Dwarfs. Tearfully, she yelled into the mine's entrance:"Hello, is anyone there? Can anyone hear me?" A voice floated up from the bowels of the mine: "England will win the Rugby World Cup."<br>"Thak God," said Snow White, "at least Dopey's alive."[/quote]<br><br>The wit of Dame Edna Everidge !! A comedy genius !!  ;D<br>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:55 am 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:59 am 

Hey Unc, what's with one Aussie newspaper's "cut-out" voodoo doll of Jonny Wilkinson ??<br> ;D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next