Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Rebutting FOX NEWS
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:32 pm 

Post subject: Re: FOX NEWS
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:38 pm 

For JPD

Canada's Top Ten List of Americas Stupidity.

This is so sad; from a proud, strong country to a laughing stock of the world. Canadians Version of David Letterman’s Top 10. Just makes you want to shake your head in disbelief,
and, just maybe choke someone in charge. This is Canada's Top Ten List of Americas Stupidity. Of course we look like idiots-we are!

#10 Only in America ... could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 per plate Obama campaign fund-raising event.

#09 Only in America ... could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly
20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black, 40+% of all federal entitlements goes to black Americans - 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to
Hispanics!

#08 Only in America ... could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the
Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher
taxes.

#07 Only in America ... can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

#06 Only in America ... could you collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it hasper year - for total spending of
$7 Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money.

#05 Only in America ... could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be called EXTREMISTS.

#04 Only in America … could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

#03 Only in America ... could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity
invested in a major U.S. Oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

#02 Only in America ... would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for
the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just magically become American citizens. (probably should be number one)

#01 Only in America .... could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be
accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:59 pm 

Pedro, that shit was debunked two years ago. Why do you hate America? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:52 pm 

It's not easy to sit in an air conditioned studio, with 2 hours worth of make up on, reading a teleprompter.

Our brave men and women anchors deserve their high salaries because they work so very hard. There's no reason some assembly line hack with messy hair in some auto factory should live as well as the servants of the media. I'd like to see all the wonderful newspersons in the world get a pay increase once a week.

"America" is a word. It signifies the space in between lines on a map. Perspectives on "America" will depend heavily upon which space in the man made maze you come from.

________

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:45 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:

I don't hate America , jimmie.
I just hate hypocrites like you in it.

Btw , the only people that seem to think anything on that list was debunked , are brainwashed people like you that would rather vote for a lying bitch than admit the ' other ' side might be right about her.

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:21 am 

I'd argue with you, Pedro, but I have this certain policy. 8)

Fox News, Gretchen Carlson settling lawsuit

21st Century Fox has agreed to a settlement with Gretchen Carlson, the anchorwoman who sued Roger Ailes alleging harassment and retaliation in July,

Ailes, the powerful Fox News CEO and chairman, resigned in the wake of the allegations, which he has continuously denied.

21st Century Fox, however, is acknowledging harm.

In a highly unusual public statement on Tuesday morning, the company said, "We sincerely regret and apologize for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect that she and all our colleagues deserve."

According to Vanity Fair, Fox's settlement with Carlson is for $20 million. The magazine reports that Fox has also reached settlements with two other women who alleged harassment by Ailes.

In a statement of her own, Carlson said, "I am gratified that 21st Century Fox took decisive action after I filed my Complaint. I'm ready to move on to the next chapter of my life in which I will redouble my efforts to empower women in the workplace. I want to thank all the brave women who came forward to tell their own stories and the many people across the country who embraced and supported me in their #StandWithGretchen. All women deserve a dignified and respectful workplace in which talent, hard work and loyalty are recognized, revered and rewarded."

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Greta Van Susteren leaving Fox News

Greta Van Susteren, one of the top anchors on Fox News for the past decade, is leaving the cable news channel, effective immediately.

The stunning announcement was made by Fox News on Tuesday morning. No reason for her exit was given.
Van Susteren has been the host of the 7 p.m. hour, called "On the Record."

Former 6 p.m. host Brit Hume will take over the time slot temporarily.

"I am happy to take on this assignment for the balance of this extraordinary election," Hume said in a statement.

Van Susteren was not quoted in the statement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:11 am 

Mike Luckovich

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:42 pm 

pedro1 wrote:
For JPD

Canada's Top Ten List of Americas Stupidity.

This is so sad; from a proud, strong country to a laughing stock of the world. Canadians Version of David Letterman’s Top 10. Just makes you want to shake your head in disbelief,
and, just maybe choke someone in charge. This is Canada's Top Ten List of Americas Stupidity. Of course we look like idiots-we are!

#10 Only in America ... could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 per plate Obama campaign fund-raising event.

#09 Only in America ... could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly
20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black, 40+% of all federal entitlements goes to black Americans - 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to
Hispanics!

#08 Only in America ... could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the
Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher
taxes.

#07 Only in America ... can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

#06 Only in America ... could you collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it hasper year - for total spending of
$7 Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money.

#05 Only in America ... could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be called EXTREMISTS.

#04 Only in America … could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

#03 Only in America ... could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity
invested in a major U.S. Oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

#02 Only in America ... would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for
the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just magically become American citizens. (probably should be number one)

#01 Only in America .... could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be
accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

That pretty much sums it up.

Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:38 am 

Thanks but Jimmie Dem has an opposing view and not convinced.
He thinks things in this country are as good as his idol in the white house tells him.

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:

I wonder if he could cite the person(s) that debunked these points.
Typical brainwashed fool. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:02 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:25 am 

:roll: ^^^^^

Damn , LM , you REALLY need to get a fuckin' life other than being the forum's troll.
:|

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:50 am 

yeah, because what you are doing here is effective, inspiring, AND influential.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:53 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
yeah, because what you are doing here is effective, inspiring, AND influential.

Oh , you mean not filling every damn thread up with some juvenile gif ?
Thanks for noticing. :)

Nothing personal LM , I usually ignore you basically because I think your potato's been baking wayyyy too long , and I should have this time.

Stupid me for even answering your mindless reply to my post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:55 am 

+ 8
we agree!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:29 am 

pedro1 wrote:

Damn , LM , you REALLY need to get a fuckin' life other than being the forum's troll.
What? Are you trying to get on my good side. 8)

You can't spell maps without s-p-a-m.

Mike Luckovich

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:26 am 

Pedro's list has only one item (Tim Geithner) that can be verified, and in fact seems to me to be the only one that might be correct. The remaining 9 items are clearly republican bullet points which don't rely on facts, being strictly opinions. Minimally, the remaining items might be worth debating, but probably not even those.

On the topic, I hope Greta doesn't land on CNN or MSNBC. Who needs her? She's just a Hannity in disguise. :)

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:28 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Pedro's list has only one item (Tim Geithner) that can be verified, and in fact seems to me to be the only one that might be correct. The remaining 9 items are clearly republican bullet points which don't rely on facts, being strictly opinions.

EXACTLY !!

It made me wonder what Jimmie was saying when he said my list was ' debunked ' a few years ago.
Made me ask By Who ? :|

Though , I believe the tax comment is pretty much on target.
I have heard that this past year , the IRS took in more than any year before.
So Dems , where's the money and what did we get for it ??

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:54 pm 

Scott Stantis

Gingrich coughs — while remarking on Clinton's coughing

Newt Gingrich on Tuesday was heard coughing briefly during an interview with Fox News's Sean Hannity at the same time he was highlighting a story about Hillary Clinton coughing.

"I think we need to know if she's healthy," Hannity, a supporter of Donald Trump, said during the segment on his radio show. "She doesn't seem to have a lot of energy."

Gingrich recalled speaking with Bill Clinton during the mid-90s about the former president's bouts with acid reflux.
"Her coughs are much deeper than his and last much longer, so I don't know what her problem is," Gingrich stated.

"I hope she's all right," Gingrich said, adding that her coughing fit Monday was "a little disturbing."

Gingrich mentioned the concussion she suffered in 2012 while serving as secretary of State.

"Has that recovered? Does she now have a better memory than she used to? Was it only this period involving her emails that she had a bad memory?" Gingrich asked.

Later in the interview he was heard turning from the microphone to cough.

"Now you sound like Hillary," Hannity joked, asking if he could get him some water.

"No, I'm in good shape," Gingrich responded. "At least I'm in better shape than Hillary."

Gingrich explained that he flies a lot and his throat gets dry.

"You have to keep hydrated big time," Hannity responded.

Clinton jabbed at Trump amid a coughing fit that erupted when she was on stage at a campaign rally Monday in Cleveland.

“Every time I think about Trump I get allergic,” Clinton said as she continued to cough.

Clinton's campaign has in recent weeks slammed insinuations from Trump and allies that she is in poor health, instead pushing Trump to reveal his full medical records.

Trump on Tuesday criticized media for not covering Clinton's latest coughing fit, tweeting, "What's up?"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... s-coughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:44 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
pedro1 wrote:

What? Are you trying to get on my good side. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:35 pm 

Tom Toles

Steve Sack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:56 am 

Megyn Kelly leaving Fox News for NBC

Megyn Kelly, a star host at Fox News whose profile soared after a feud with Donald Trump, will leave the network for a prominent role at NBC News.

Kelly will host a daytime news and discussion program, anchor a Sunday-night newsmagazine show and be featured in NBC’s political programming and other big-event coverage, the network said Tuesday.

Kelly, 46, has been the host of Fox’s second-most-watched program, “The Kelly File,” and has been a breakout personality in the cable news landscape. Her departure will leave a big programming hole in Fox’s prime-time lineup, which has been anchored by her 9 p.m. program and Bill O’Reilly’s “The O’Reilly Factor” at 8 p.m.

Clay Jones

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:32 pm 

Bill Day

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:37 am 

Mercedes, BMW, and Hyundai dump O'Reilly Factor amid lawsuits

Five companies pull ads from 'The O'Reilly Factor' in growing movement

Dave Granlund

Steve Breen

Clay Jones

Mike Luckovich

"The O'Reilly Factor" is facing a growing advertiser revolt, as three major automakers and two other companies pulled their commercials from the show amid a scandal involving the host, Bill O'Reilly.

Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, BMW of North America, Constant Contact and Ainsworth Pet Nutrition are pulling ads from "The O'Reilly Factor" after a report about five settlements with women who alleged sexual harassment or verbal abuse by O'Reilly.

The decisions signal the potential of financial damage for "The O'Reilly Factor," the most popular show on cable news, and its network, Fox News.

The New York Times reported on Saturday that settlements of $13m (£10.4m) were reached with five women who accused him of inappropriate behaviour.

The network now faces lawsuits alleging both racial and sexual discrimination.

A Fox News contributor sued on Monday, alleging sexual harassment by its ousted former chairman, Roger Ailes.

Adding to the network's legal woes, a third African-American employee joined a racial discrimination lawsuit on Tuesday.

Monica Douglas, a Fox News accounts manager, alleges former executive Judy Slater repeatedly made racist comments and expressed "an unwillingness to even be near black people".

Ms Douglas said in her court filing that she first complained about Ms Slater in 2014, but "nothing was done".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39492854

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/03/media/m ... oplead-dom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 pm 

Oh how the list grows quickly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:57 am 

Rummer has it BO has a dick like a monster... :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next