Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: FOX NEWS
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:43 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
…..I am a native american.

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Just for instance, Have you been watching what is going on in Nevada, with the Bundy ranch situation? The ONLY news source on scene is fox, just sayin.

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
What are you sayin'? Please - elaborate.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:53 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:21 am 

Bummer....

All the best off-the-wall fucking crazy shit happens when Jon Stewart's on vacation.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:37 am 

Former Reagan aide Bruce Bartlett: Fox News’ “self-brainwashing”
is hurting the GOP

The channel's arrogant self-confidence is infecting its viewers -- and undermining its own agenda.

On “Reliable Sources” this weekend, a conservative historian who served in both the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations minced no words about what he believes is making the average Republican increasingly removed from reality — Fox News.

Host Brian Stelter read from a paper Bruce Bartlett published earlier this month, in which he claimed that “[i]t can almost be called self-brainwashing — many conservatives now refuse to listen to any news or opinion not vetted through Fox, and to believe whatever appears on it as the gospel truth.”

Bartlett defended his thesis, saying “I don’t think that word ['self-brainwashing'] is too strong — I think many conservatives live in a bubble, where they watch only Fox News on television, they listen only to conservative talk radio — Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, many of the same people.”

“When they go on to the Internet,” he piled on, “they look at conservative websites like National Review, Newsmax, World Net Daily, so they live in a universe in which they hear the same exact ideas, the same arguments, the same limited amount of data, repeated over and over again — and that’s brainwashing.”

Stelter asked if that’s more true of conservatives than liberals, and if so, why? Bartlett replied that it is true, and likely the result of the fact that media did, historically, lean left and so, with the advent of Fox News, conservatives “glommed onto it like a man in the desert being given some water — they drank very heavily from the Fox waters.”

But, he noted, that’s a double-edged sword, and that the current election cycle is demonstrating what some of the “negatives” of Fox News are for the GOP. Bartlett noted that in 2012, Fox News viewers were more confident in a Romney victory, and that the polls were biased against — and that that confidence likely negatively affected voter turn-out for the GOP. Similar confidence in the ostensible legitimacy of candidates who are, in the general election, unelectable could be disastrous for the party.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:24 am 

Sure that's why I only listen to Al Sharpton and Ed Schultz., brainwash indeed

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:32 am 
Banned

Ed Schultz is a fat fucking moron.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:33 am 
Banned

http://www.michaeljfoxnews.com

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:14 am 

dé·jà vu/ˌdāZHä ˈvo͞o/
noun
a feeling of having already experienced the present situation.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:01 am 

jaypfunk wrote:

and sharpton is an ass hat!!, I have to question people who condemn " Fox News", there are several shows on Fox and they are different, Hannity far right, Bartiromo the best economic show, Cavuto, very good economics , Stossel, just great, Gutfeld, hilarious ,so...... one is ignorent to lump all the shows to gather, now, pmsnbc? Are all dumb asses

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:19 am 
Banned

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

and sharpton is an ass hat!!, I have to question people who condemn " Fox News", there are several shows on Fox and they are different, Hannity far right, Bartiromo the best economic show, Cavuto, very good economics , Stossel, just great, Gutfeld, hilarious ,so...... one is ignorent to lump all the shows to gather, now, pmsnbc? Are all dumb asses

Once again it's the easy out for the dumb libs that have zero argument for something to just say it.... "Oh, you must watch Faux News." Fucking cornballs.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:58 am 

Chris Hayes & Racheal Maddow on MSNBC are super fair and well researched, used to think O'Reiley was ok, but he went batshit crazy and now the only trust worthy Fox guy is Geraldo, CNN is so obssed with their gadgets its almost unwatchable...ED & Al are the FOX crew at MSNBC, they say whatever the party line is... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:10 am 

I like Shep Smith…not that there's anything wrong with it. 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:39 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
I like Shep Smith…not that there's anything wrong with it. 8)

He used to be real good, then it was like someone put the screws to him, yes he is a good one but more cautious now... :idea:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:48 am 
Banned

Plook wrote:
Chris Hayes & Racheal Maddow on MSNBC are super fair and well researched, used to think O'Reiley was ok, but he went batshit crazy and now the only trust worthy Fox guy is Geraldo, CNN is so obssed with their gadgets its almost unwatchable...ED & Al are the FOX crew at MSNBC, they say whatever the party line is... :smoke:

LOL @ that dude Rachael Maddow being fair!!! hahahahhah ha hah hahhahahahah She's one of the worst. You're fucking stupid.

And that retarded fuck Chris Matthews needs a good smack upside the head with a Louisville Slugger. What a fucking asshole.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:11 pm 

I'm thinking of all the fun i have while you guys sit on your asses watching the news. How can grown men sit still while some shill spoonfeeds them "reality"?
We need an all out violent war. Repubs vs democrats. Front line should be the ones who put up the money and all the politicians in their pockets. Next line should be all the bought and paid for newscasters and their audiences. If the dems and repubs are really as bad as their enemies say then why are we worried about foreign terrorists? The real war should be dems vs repubs. Finish each other off, would ya? I think both sides are soft, shit talking cowards. All they do is talk. And you guys listen.

I am gonna plAy some music, eat some good food and get laid. I wont be watching the news at all.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:25 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
I'm thinking of all the fun i have while you guys sit on your asses watching the news. How can grown men sit still while some shill spoonfeeds them "reality"?
We need an all out violent war. Repubs vs democrats. Front line should be the ones who put up the money and all the politicians in their pockets. Next line should be all the bought and paid for newscasters and their audiences. If the dems and repubs are really as bad as their enemies say then why are we worried about foreign terrorists? The real war should be dems vs repubs. Finish each other off, would ya? I think both sides are soft, shit talking cowards. All they do is talk. And you guys listen.

I am gonna plAy some music, eat some good food and get laid. I wont be watching the news at all.

Easy Tiger you don't know me, you’re as bad as the newscasters your blabbing about...First of all I work on a computer at home all day, I like some news channel on at all times (it changes often because of the shit the rolls in with the news) I need to be alerted to events around the country and the world in real time as they affect my work... :idea:

You need to check that judgmental attitude at the door, I expect it from JP because he wouldn't know a well-researched story if it wasn't on Fox... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:06 pm 

Actually Oreilly is accurate, but his show is an opinion show, Special report with Bret baier is news, Greta is ok, some cbs, a little cnn, cnbc, some inter web , or you can be a low information dipshit and vote for clowns like obama and hillary. most of my time is hunting ,sailing and yard work. if a person can't find time to educate your self then you come up with a response like D M, gotta agree with Plook.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:10 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:47 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:10 pm 

Fox news is the same as msnbc news. Different content but the same end result: Creating false realities.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:27 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3klcSfozqQ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:30 pm 

deuce wrote:

Ok that was scary...but the one after it is classic... :D

https://youtu.be/dsYfn8yg41w

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:58 pm 

Plook wrote:
deuce wrote:

Ok that was scary...but the one after it is classic... :D

https://youtu.be/dsYfn8yg41w

I hate going to youtube, I have trouble getting out :x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:43 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Fox news is the same as msnbc news. Different content but the same end result: Creating false realities.

Reality is just that, your perception is false

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:21 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Reality is just that, your perception

most accurate unintentionalism ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next