Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:36 pm 

Isaac wrote:
The average Wal-Mart salary is $10.51 an hour, which is well above the federal minimum wage. Equating Wal-Mart salaries to slave labor is not only false, but incredibly mis-informed. You obviously know very little if you believe that Wal-Mart are not paying their employees well. Wal-Mart is very good for the economies of any city that has a Wal-Mart store. They provide good jobs for people that need them, genuinely helping people who would otherwise be broke. The executives at Wal-Mart aren't saviors, but a lot of Wal-Mart critics are assholes to the biggest extreme who have no legitimate reason to hate Wal-Mart, and it is those kinds of assholes that you have allowed to mess with your fucking head. Check out some real facts about Wal-Mart's critics.

Isaac

penn and teller telling the truth about wal mart? jeezus, boy...
and you call yourself intelligent? :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:28 pm 

shut up 'n shop at walmart

list price: $29.98
walmart price: $28.88
you save: $1.10 (4%)
in stock

enjoy great financing! make the most of your shopping with these great wal-mart® discover® or wal-mart credit card financing offers:
• minimum monthly payments required
• no interest offer applies to walmart.com purchases over $250, and must be paid within 12 months. offer good through june 30, 2008.
• purchase must be made with a wal-mart® discover® or wal-mart® credit card

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:16 pm 
Banned

There's my criticism of Wal-Mart - that they will never stock "Parental Advisory" albums in favor of the censored "clean" versions. So I don't buy CDs at Wal-Mart. But if I'm on the road and I need cheap paper towels, what am I supposed to do?

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
...and you call yourself intelligent?

Lumpmonger, shut the fuck up. If there was one being that could do with having its hands removed and mouth glued shut, it would be you. I say "being" because I'm not entirely sure that you are human, and you are not exactly ape. Maybe you're Sasquatch. :mrgreen:

Watch the damn video. It contains actual facts, not the one-sided propaganda that the guy who made Xanadu tried to shove down your throats.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:39 pm 

Isaac, do the humanity a favor.

Plunge yourself deep into the toilet bowl and pull the chain...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:47 pm 
Banned

Mij wrote:
Isaac, do the humanity a favor.

Plunge yourself deep into the toilet bowl and pull the chain...

You're on the rag today, aren't you?

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:37 pm 

I refuse to step anywhere near the local Walmart and Sam's Club stores because they are dirty filthy dives with shitty service. It's a great place for a job, if you are an illegal immigrant. I'll stick to my locally owned and run super markets thank you. If I had to choose, Costco is by far a better national chain over Wal Mart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:59 am 

Gang, we need to chill. This is about Wal-Mart and corp. America, not our personal feelings towards each other. Obviously there will always be conflicting opinions, but lets not get mean about it and assault each other.
My experiences w/ WM are based on what I see, what I have read and my knowledge of retail from a worker's point of view. I also have several cases in CT. against them and their labor practices to draw from. They may be a huge employer and in big cities, they don't really cause an ill, long term effect. In small suburban ares, they stomp the little guy.
I have my right to shop there or not and try not to as often as possible. I think if you are going to be the largest single employer in the world, you should have some sort of social responsibility and donating a mere pittance of your corp. profits is not enough. Taking care of those who help you make that money, is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:00 am 

Gang, we need to chill. This is about Wal-Mart and corp. America, not our personal feelings towards each other. Obviously there will always be conflicting opinions, but lets not get mean about it and assault each other.
My experiences w/ WM are based on what I see, what I have read and my knowledge of retail from a worker's point of view. I also have several cases in CT. against them and their labor practices to draw from. They may be a huge employer and in big cities, they don't really cause an ill, long term effect. In small suburban ares, they stomp the little guy.
I have my right to shop there or not and try not to as often as possible. I think if you are going to be the largest single employer in the world, you should have some sort of social responsibility and donating a mere pittance of your corp. profits is not enough. Taking care of those who help you make that money, is.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:11 pm 

Ignore List: downer mydnyte (sanctimonious troll)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:54 pm 

After getting laid off from my job of 24 years I had to take an overnight gig at the new Walmart that opened nearby. My unemployment extension was just about up and with at least a hundred applications and no response from anyone I had to grab it. It pays about half of what I was making but it's money.

It sucks. The managers are all self-righteous assholes. I would love to leave but I've never quit a job (unless I've had something else lined up) and I don't intend to start now. My 90 day probation period is not too far away and I'm hoping they let me go. The store is not doing as well as they hoped so it could happen.

Still sending out applications and still no bites. Fuck.

Ican'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstandit.
I really can't stand it.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:52 am 

Are you forced to shout the wal mart cheer?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:05 pm 

Tossed_Salad wrote:
Wal-Mart = Terrorism

Wal-iban...

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:51 am 

ursinator wrote:
Are you forced to shout the wal mart cheer?

Only if the store manager decides she wants to do an overnighter with us. Then we have to do the cheer and the stretches. Luckily she doesn't do it often.

It's so fucking stupid.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:21 am 
Banned

Philmore wrote:
After getting laid off from my job of 24 years I had to take an overnight gig at the new Walmart that opened nearby. My unemployment extension was just about up and with at least a hundred applications and no response from anyone I had to grab it. It pays about half of what I was making but it's money.

It sucks. The managers are all self-righteous assholes. I would love to leave but I've never quit a job (unless I've had something else lined up) and I don't intend to start now. My 90 day probation period is not too far away and I'm hoping they let me go. The store is not doing as well as they hoped so it could happen.

Still sending out applications and still no bites. Fuck.

Ican'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstanditIcan'tstandit.
I really can't stand it.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:00 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:

Lacey Underall!

>You don't.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:40 pm 

Over the past three years, Chinese authorities have fined Wal-Mart Stores Inc. WMT +0.94% $9.8 million, sanctioning the retailer for using misleading pricing, selling poor-quality products and even peddling donkey meat that turned out to be fox.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 2856969150

Great news IMO.

Besides being one of China's main buyers of goods , thus enabling the acceleration of China's economic machine and threatening the USD as the ' world ' currency , Sam Walton is spinning in his grave looking at how his company sold it's soul to peddle shitty merchandise to gullible populations around the world.

Unfortunately , this corporate giant does provide people with a living. Not a very good one but it might beat the alternative. :|

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:33 am 

Earlier this week, I attended a day long business and technology seminar with many speakers and videos. In one of the videos presentations, they discussed that within the next decade or so, China will become the worlds largest English speaking nation.

Here is an article on this subject...

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 97468.aspx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:16 am 

Three Florida Walmart employees who detained man shoplifting DVDs charged with manslaughter after he dies

Three employees at a Florida Walmart have been arrested in connection with the death of a shoplifter.

Nathan Higgins, 35, Crucelis Nunez, 23, and Randall Tomko, 58, were each charged with manslaughter in the death of Kenneth Wisham, 64, after he tried to leave the store with a shopping cart filled with nearly $400 worth of DVDs, police said.

"If you are shoplifting there is a result that you have to pay, it should not result in losing your life," police spokesman Sgt. Gary Gross told ABC station WFTS-TV.

On Feb. 7, employees attempted to stop Wisham from exiting the Lakeland store after he tripped the security alarm, according to the police report.

When employees asked to see his receipt, Wisham patted his pants pretending to look for one. After Wisham could not produce a receipt, he left the shopping cart and fled outside.

Tomko and Nunez chased Wisham until he fell to the ground, the report said. Tomko told police he never touched Wisham and that after he fell, he noticed he'd stopped breathing and had another employee call 911.

But Nunez said Tomko and Higgins jumped on top of Wisham after she "slightly pushed" him, the report said. Tomko lunged on top of his upper body while Higgins restrained his legs.

Wisham struggled underneath the two employees and yelled, "Get off of me. I didn't do anything."

When police arrived, the employee who called 911 was performing chest compressions on Wisham.

Wisham died from suffocation after he was forced into a position where he could not breathe, Bay News 9 reported.

An autopsy revealed he had 15 broken ribs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/w ... -1.2731489

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:40 am 

Police probably would have done the same thing. If he left the cart, then why were Wal-Mart employees even chasing him? They should have been putting those dvds back on the shelf. They may have lost a sale over that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:51 am 

I wonder whether the chest compressions resulted in any of the 15 broken ribs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:54 am 

Either way, the store employees would be in trouble. Store policy is to not have employees chase after thieves. The store would discipline them for that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:34 pm 

Walmart is selling deep-fried Twinkies

Forget the county fair: Walmart is now selling deep-fried Twinkies.

Walmart started selling the prepackaged, frozen Hostess products on Thursday at some of its stores, and it plans to roll them out nationwide by Aug. 16, according to a Walmart spokesman.

The deep-fried Twinkies come in two flavors: original golden and chocolate. There are seven deep-fried cakes in a box.

John Pearson, senior buyer for frozen foods for Walmart U.S., wrote in a corporate blog how his company had co-designed the deep fried Twinkies with Hostess and that they "are so good they're worth the calories."

Twinkies are perhaps the best known product from Hostess, which also makes Zingers and CupCakes.

This isn't the first time the company has tweaked its Twinkies. Last month, the company launched Key Slime Twinkies in conjunction with the new "Ghostbusters" movie. The cream filling was the same green hue as the ectoplasm-spewing ghost Slimer

Hostess was founded in 1919 and started making Twinkies in 1930. The company recently went through some corporate upheaval that brought Twinkies perilously close to extinction.

There was a halt to Twinkie production in 2012, when the Bakery Workers union went on strike and Hostess filed for bankruptcy. But Twinkies were back on the shelves in 2013, after Hostess was bought for $410 million by private equity groups Apollo Global Management (APO) and Metropoulos & Co.

While Apollo and Metropoulos still own part of Hostess, the private equity firm Gores Group purchased a majority share last month for $725 million. Gores Group plans to take Hostess public, expecting the IPO will value the company at $2.3 billion.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:32 am 

Pat Bagley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:10 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:45 am 

^^^^^ That's beautiful ^^^^^
^^^^^ That's not ^^^^^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next