Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:04 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Much too convienient/cheap for me to abandon.

The low cost comes from child labor and slave-like jobs... :roll:

Works for me. As long as the price is low, I'm happy.
Besides, I may need a place to work when I hit my golden years, a couple of years from now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:03 pm 

walocaust dot com
wal-qaeda dot com
2 Great sites that tell it all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:21 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

Besides, I may need a place to work when I hit my golden years, a couple of years from now.

I guess you don't give a fuck about Humanity in general, as long as you can save a dollar on a pair of boxer. Guess I'm right !

Be proud. WAL-MART counts on you ! Sure, you'll end up there with the regular minimum wage. If it makes you 'happy'... They do need all the cheap labor they can count on. Here, and abroad. Specially abroad. Bye bye our once beloved regular folks jobs - not everyone has the brain, the luck, or the needed money to become a doctor, a lawyer, etc... - maybe we should start our own sweatshops here and get paid 10 cents an hour, like the regular slaving working staff. Wadda ya think ? Don't protect what you have now and you'll lose it eventually !

...every once in a while I get stunned by some ambiant stupidity coming from some Zappa supporting fans. Luckily, it's a minority, but nevertheless...

As for WAL-SHIT charity, gimme a break ! They realised they needed to change their public image. Even low-brains were beginning to question the WAL-SHIT ethics ! Same here in Québec. They became clever, that's all. Do it too and buy elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:52 pm 

Mij wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

I guess you don't give a fuck about Humanity in general, as long as you can save a dollar on a pair of boxer. Guess I'm right !

Be proud. WAL-MART counts on you ! Sure, you'll end up there with the regular minimum wage. If it makes you 'happy'... They do need all the cheap labor they can count on. Here, and abroad. Specially abroad. Bye bye our once beloved regular folks jobs - not everyone has the brain, the luck, or the needed money to become a doctor, a lawyer, etc... - maybe we should start our own sweatshops here and get paid 10 cents an hour, like the regular slaving working staff. Wadda ya think ? Don't protect what you have now and you'll lose it eventually !

...every once in a while I get stunned by some ambiant stupidity coming from some Zappa supporting fans. Luckily, it's a minority, but nevertheless...

As for WAL-SHIT charity, gimme a break ! They realised they needed to change their public image. Even low-brains were beginning to question the WAL-SHIT ethics ! Same here in Québec. They became clever, that's all. Do it too and buy elsewhere.

And just think what he would say if you WEREN'T kidding, Doug!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:40 pm 

Wal-Mart, Always slave labor, Always

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:48 pm 

What does slave labor = to you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm 

They use slave labour to make my docusate sodium capsules?
Those slippery devils!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:30 pm 

I'm still mad that they didn't stock the Sheryl Crow album I wanted with that song about guns on it. I was so mad I went to the gun department and bought a rifle. I fired it ever so wildly into the air. Ha-taw! Ha-taw! I feel empowered, I do.

For my golden years, I'll take the Nike sweatshop next door, thank you very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:19 pm 

Ain't It Funky Now...

http://www.last.fm/user/LaMarr_Bruister

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:32 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Slave labor equals not giving hard working employees benefits and making sure they schedule them just under the hours needed to be eligible and then making them work overtime to get the work done and still avoid paying benefits. Slave labor is paying people so little they can barely survive. Slave labor is putting up the pretense of being concerned about savings and employees and paying the executives multi million dollar salaries and bonuses all on the backs of employees and mindless consumers. The sad part is so many families can't afford not to shop there. Another example of our government turning its head because they are a big profit machine, like the oil companies. I don't think this was the dream Sam Walton had for WM, much like the distorted monster Disney has become.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:59 am 

Well put, jonesy. Also, it means that some people can't afford to NOT work there. In many small towns, the small local shops are run out of business because they can't compete with the low prices - so your former mom-and-pop small-time entrepenneurs end up closing their own businesses and working for Wal-Mart instead. I think that's also an unfortunate effect of such big corporate "invasions." In big cities, it's not as much of a big deal, because there's enough demand and wealth to support multiple retailers, but it's the small towns that really get screwed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:41 am 

feetlightup wrote:
Well put, jonesy. Also, it means that some people can't afford to NOT work there. In many small towns, the small local shops are run out of business because they can't compete with the low prices - so your former mom-and-pop small-time entrepenneurs end up closing their own businesses and working for Wal-Mart instead. I think that's also an unfortunate effect of such big corporate "invasions." In big cities, it's not as much of a big deal, because there's enough demand and wealth to support multiple retailers, but it's the small towns that really get screwed.

hear hear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:29 am 

You are incorrect comparing wal mart to big oil companies, for one ,big oil IS subsidised by OUR tax dollars Wall mart is NOT, Big oil price gouges Walmart does NOT, and you are way out , if you think low wages is slave labor, get a dictionary!. Now that said every one wants to make a living wage but what is that?. you are over simplifying your argument, and are misrepresenting the facts! Google "is walmart good for the country" and educate yourself. I am NOT defending walmart or any body, but it is easy to get caught up in this hate walmart stuff! Run for office make a difference, and most of all study BOTH sides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:20 am 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
Video embarrassment for Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, faces embarrassment and potential lawsuits after its corporate video archive was made public.

The footages shows Wal-Mart executives in unguarded moments

Flagler Productions, which worked for Wal-Mart for almost 30 years, has made its footage available to lawyers, unions and media organisations.

The archive includes clips of male store managers parading in drag.

Wal-Mart dropped Flagler in 2006 and only offered the firm $500,000 for the video library.

Flagler had asked for $150m before reducing its price to $145m, according to a letter on Wal-Mart's website.

The footage captures Wal-Mart executives and employees in closed meetings and unguarded moments.

A lawyer stumbled on the archive when representing a 12-year-old boy who suffered extensive burns after a gas canister bought at Wal-Mart exploded.

She found footage of employees joking and playing skits about exploding gas cans, reports said.

Flagler says that since Wal-Mart never signed a contract for its services, the rights to the tapes still belong to the production company.

Reports say the Kansas City-based firm is now charging $250 an hour for video research.

Wal-Mart has not commented on the ownership of the archive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7342328.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:53 pm 

TO bad they didn't film monica&bill, 1984 will you let it control your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:40 pm 
Banned

thejonesfactor wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Slave labor equals not giving hard working employees benefits and making sure they schedule them just under the hours needed to be eligible and then making them work overtime to get the work done and still avoid paying benefits. Slave labor is paying people so little they can barely survive. Slave labor is putting up the pretense of being concerned about savings and employees and paying the executives multi million dollar salaries and bonuses all on the backs of employees and mindless consumers.

The average Wal-Mart salary is $10.51 an hour, which is well above the federal minimum wage. Equating Wal-Mart salaries to slave labor is not only false, but incredibly mis-informed. You obviously know very little if you believe that Wal-Mart are not paying their employees well. Wal-Mart is very good for the economies of any city that has a Wal-Mart store. They provide good jobs for people that need them, genuinely helping people who would otherwise be broke. The executives at Wal-Mart aren't saviors, but a lot of Wal-Mart critics are assholes to the biggest extreme who have no legitimate reason to hate Wal-Mart, and it is those kinds of assholes that you have allowed to mess with your fucking head. Check out some real facts about Wal-Mart's critics. The High Cost of Low Price is a one-sided propaganda piece. Do you really trust the guy who made Xanadu to tell you where to fucking shop?

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:53 pm 

Boy, you've no idea. Grow up and learn something about the real life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:57 pm 
Banned

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:

Why don't YOU fucking grow up? I know more about real life than you fucking pretend to. Telling another person to "grow up" when they present legitimate points that don't agree with their fantasy-world point of view is extremely ignorant and rude.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:15 pm 

LaMarrBruister wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:16 pm 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:

Exactly.

Ain't It Funky Now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:17 pm 
Banned

LaMarr, you are as disconnected from "the real life" as it gets.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:18 pm 

Shut up bitch boy,I'm not getting involved with your punk-ass.

Ain't It Funky Now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:23 pm 
Banned

You are a complete putz.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:31 pm 

Good one you stupid fuck. Why don't you help everyone out by sticking a gun in your mouth,pulling the trigger, and ending your miserable existence? I think you would be happier.

Ain't It Funky Now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:35 pm 
Banned

Do you have anything better to do than behave like an ignorant twat?

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next