Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 30682
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Much too convienient/cheap for me to abandon.

The low cost comes from child labor and slave-like jobs... :roll:

Works for me. As long as the price is low, I'm happy.
Besides, I may need a place to work when I hit my golden years, a couple of years from now.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:44 am
Posts: 12
walocaust dot com
wal-qaeda dot com
2 Great sites that tell it all


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 4701
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
just plain doug wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Much too convienient/cheap for me to abandon.

The low cost comes from child labor and slave-like jobs... :roll:

Works for me. As long as the price is low, I'm happy.
Besides, I may need a place to work when I hit my golden years, a couple of years from now.


I guess you don't give a fuck about Humanity in general, as long as you can save a dollar on a pair of boxer. Guess I'm right !

Be proud. WAL-MART counts on you ! Sure, you'll end up there with the regular minimum wage. If it makes you 'happy'... They do need all the cheap labor they can count on. Here, and abroad. Specially abroad. Bye bye our once beloved regular folks jobs - not everyone has the brain, the luck, or the needed money to become a doctor, a lawyer, etc... - maybe we should start our own sweatshops here and get paid 10 cents an hour, like the regular slaving working staff. Wadda ya think ? Don't protect what you have now and you'll lose it eventually !

...every once in a while I get stunned by some ambiant stupidity coming from some Zappa supporting fans. Luckily, it's a minority, but nevertheless...

As for WAL-SHIT charity, gimme a break ! They realised they needed to change their public image. Even low-brains were beginning to question the WAL-SHIT ethics ! Same here in Québec. They became clever, that's all. Do it too and buy elsewhere.

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16398
Mij wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Much too convienient/cheap for me to abandon.

The low cost comes from child labor and slave-like jobs... :roll:

Works for me. As long as the price is low, I'm happy.
Besides, I may need a place to work when I hit my golden years, a couple of years from now.


I guess you don't give a fuck about Humanity in general, as long as you can save a dollar on a pair of boxer. Guess I'm right !

Be proud. WAL-MART counts on you ! Sure, you'll end up there with the regular minimum wage. If it makes you 'happy'... They do need all the cheap labor they can count on. Here, and abroad. Specially abroad. Bye bye our once beloved regular folks jobs - not everyone has the brain, the luck, or the needed money to become a doctor, a lawyer, etc... - maybe we should start our own sweatshops here and get paid 10 cents an hour, like the regular slaving working staff. Wadda ya think ? Don't protect what you have now and you'll lose it eventually !

...every once in a while I get stunned by some ambiant stupidity coming from some Zappa supporting fans. Luckily, it's a minority, but nevertheless...

As for WAL-SHIT charity, gimme a break ! They realised they needed to change their public image. Even low-brains were beginning to question the WAL-SHIT ethics ! Same here in Québec. They became clever, that's all. Do it too and buy elsewhere.


And just think what he would say if you WEREN'T kidding, Doug!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 560
Location: UCONN Hell-Eastern CT.
Wal-Mart, Always slave labor, Always

_________________
Seriously? WTF?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4847
What does slave labor = to you?

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 30682
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
They use slave labour to make my docusate sodium capsules?
Those slippery devils!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5789
Location: Closer than I Appear
I'm still mad that they didn't stock the Sheryl Crow album I wanted with that song about guns on it. I was so mad I went to the gun department and bought a rifle. I fired it ever so wildly into the air. Ha-taw! Ha-taw! I feel empowered, I do.

For my golden years, I'll take the Nike sweatshop next door, thank you very much.

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:13 am
Posts: 1768
Location: FLINT-USA
Image

_________________
Image

Ain't It Funky Now...

http://www.last.fm/user/LaMarr_Bruister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 560
Location: UCONN Hell-Eastern CT.
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
What does slave labor = to you?


Slave labor equals not giving hard working employees benefits and making sure they schedule them just under the hours needed to be eligible and then making them work overtime to get the work done and still avoid paying benefits. Slave labor is paying people so little they can barely survive. Slave labor is putting up the pretense of being concerned about savings and employees and paying the executives multi million dollar salaries and bonuses all on the backs of employees and mindless consumers. The sad part is so many families can't afford not to shop there. Another example of our government turning its head because they are a big profit machine, like the oil companies. I don't think this was the dream Sam Walton had for WM, much like the distorted monster Disney has become.

_________________
Seriously? WTF?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5789
Location: Closer than I Appear
Well put, jonesy. Also, it means that some people can't afford to NOT work there. In many small towns, the small local shops are run out of business because they can't compete with the low prices - so your former mom-and-pop small-time entrepenneurs end up closing their own businesses and working for Wal-Mart instead. I think that's also an unfortunate effect of such big corporate "invasions." In big cities, it's not as much of a big deal, because there's enough demand and wealth to support multiple retailers, but it's the small towns that really get screwed.

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:50 am
Posts: 807
feetlightup wrote:
Well put, jonesy. Also, it means that some people can't afford to NOT work there. In many small towns, the small local shops are run out of business because they can't compete with the low prices - so your former mom-and-pop small-time entrepenneurs end up closing their own businesses and working for Wal-Mart instead. I think that's also an unfortunate effect of such big corporate "invasions." In big cities, it's not as much of a big deal, because there's enough demand and wealth to support multiple retailers, but it's the small towns that really get screwed.


hear hear

_________________
The fun hasn't beginned yet, uh, later on apparently The Mothers are gonna hand out the bingo cards and everything, you know


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4847
You are incorrect comparing wal mart to big oil companies, for one ,big oil IS subsidised by OUR tax dollars Wall mart is NOT, Big oil price gouges Walmart does NOT, and you are way out , if you think low wages is slave labor, get a dictionary!. Now that said every one wants to make a living wage but what is that?. you are over simplifying your argument, and are misrepresenting the facts! Google "is walmart good for the country" and educate yourself. I am NOT defending walmart or any body, but it is easy to get caught up in this hate walmart stuff! Run for office make a difference, and most of all study BOTH sides.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 16634
Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
Video embarrassment for Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, faces embarrassment and potential lawsuits after its corporate video archive was made public.


Image
The footages shows Wal-Mart executives in unguarded moments

Flagler Productions, which worked for Wal-Mart for almost 30 years, has made its footage available to lawyers, unions and media organisations.

The archive includes clips of male store managers parading in drag.

Wal-Mart dropped Flagler in 2006 and only offered the firm $500,000 for the video library.

Flagler had asked for $150m before reducing its price to $145m, according to a letter on Wal-Mart's website.

The footage captures Wal-Mart executives and employees in closed meetings and unguarded moments.

A lawyer stumbled on the archive when representing a 12-year-old boy who suffered extensive burns after a gas canister bought at Wal-Mart exploded.

She found footage of employees joking and playing skits about exploding gas cans, reports said.

Flagler says that since Wal-Mart never signed a contract for its services, the rights to the tapes still belong to the production company.

Reports say the Kansas City-based firm is now charging $250 an hour for video research.

Wal-Mart has not commented on the ownership of the archive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7342328.stm

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4847
TO bad they didn't film monica&bill, 1984 will you let it control your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:40 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
thejonesfactor wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
What does slave labor = to you?


Slave labor equals not giving hard working employees benefits and making sure they schedule them just under the hours needed to be eligible and then making them work overtime to get the work done and still avoid paying benefits. Slave labor is paying people so little they can barely survive. Slave labor is putting up the pretense of being concerned about savings and employees and paying the executives multi million dollar salaries and bonuses all on the backs of employees and mindless consumers.


The average Wal-Mart salary is $10.51 an hour, which is well above the federal minimum wage. Equating Wal-Mart salaries to slave labor is not only false, but incredibly mis-informed. You obviously know very little if you believe that Wal-Mart are not paying their employees well. Wal-Mart is very good for the economies of any city that has a Wal-Mart store. They provide good jobs for people that need them, genuinely helping people who would otherwise be broke. The executives at Wal-Mart aren't saviors, but a lot of Wal-Mart critics are assholes to the biggest extreme who have no legitimate reason to hate Wal-Mart, and it is those kinds of assholes that you have allowed to mess with your fucking head. Check out some real facts about Wal-Mart's critics. The High Cost of Low Price is a one-sided propaganda piece. Do you really trust the guy who made Xanadu to tell you where to fucking shop?

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Last edited by Isaac on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:21 am
Posts: 5993
Location: Rhineland
Boy, you've no idea. Grow up and learn something about the real life.

_________________
What's the ugliest part of your body ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:57 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Boy, you've no idea. Grow up and learn something about the real life.


Why don't YOU fucking grow up? I know more about real life than you fucking pretend to. Telling another person to "grow up" when they present legitimate points that don't agree with their fantasy-world point of view is extremely ignorant and rude.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
LaMarrBruister wrote:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:13 am
Posts: 1768
Location: FLINT-USA
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Boy, you've no idea. Grow up and learn something about the real life.


Exactly.

_________________
Image

Ain't It Funky Now...

http://www.last.fm/user/LaMarr_Bruister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:17 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
LaMarr, you are as disconnected from "the real life" as it gets.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:13 am
Posts: 1768
Location: FLINT-USA
Shut up bitch boy,I'm not getting involved with your punk-ass.

_________________
Image

Ain't It Funky Now...

http://www.last.fm/user/LaMarr_Bruister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:23 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
You are a complete putz.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:13 am
Posts: 1768
Location: FLINT-USA
Image
Good one you stupid fuck. Why don't you help everyone out by sticking a gun in your mouth,pulling the trigger, and ending your miserable existence? I think you would be happier.

_________________
Image

Ain't It Funky Now...

http://www.last.fm/user/LaMarr_Bruister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:35 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
Do you have anything better to do than behave like an ignorant twat?

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group