Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Worst album covers
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:32 am 

[quote author=timmo82 link=board=general;num=1048570028;start=165#167 date=05/04/05 at 07:59:50]Image<br><br>new oasis album cover.. bit crap really..<br>[hr]<br>I vote for voluptuous over skinny skanks! ;D[/quote]<br><br>LOL, Timmo, I don't think is that bad. Have you heard the album? It leaked on Wednesday. I think some songs are worse than the cover, hahaha. The last song made me vomit when I heard it. <br><br>PS: As you may have noticed, being an Oasis fan since 1995 is one of my unconfessable sins.  ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:59 am 

I will admit I was an Oasis fan from "Live Forever" onwards. I thought they were an amazing breath of fresh air when they appeared on the music scene. Then it got boring and they released "Be Here Now" which imo was a heap of steaming turdski. <br>I tend to prefer their early B-Sides, the ones which Noel sang. One of the best they ever released apart from "Definitley Maybe" was "Masterplan". <br>Liam Gallagher is a sooper cock. Noel is the brains behind that outfit, top fella and a great sarcastic sense of humour too. Anyone see them on The Johnathan Ross Show lastnight? Wossy was taking the piss outta their mancunian accents, so Noel said over the mic "can I speak for the nation and say you're a fucking southern cock" or something similar) hehehehe... ;D

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:08 am 

[quote author=asparagus link=board=general;num=1048570028;start=165#178 date=05/07/05 at 13:59:23]I will admit I was an Oasis fan from "Live Forever" onwards. I thought they were an amazing breath of fresh air when they appeared on the music scene. Then it got boring and they released "Be Here Now" which imo was a heap of steaming turdski. <br>I tend to prefer their early B-Sides, the ones which Noel sang. One of the best they ever released apart from "Definitley Maybe" was "Masterplan". <br>Liam Gallagher is a sooper cock. Noel is the brains behind that outfit, top fella and a great sarcastic sense of humour too. Anyone see them on The Johnathan Ross Show lastnight? Wossy was taking the piss outta their mancunian accents, so Noel said over the mic "can I speak for the nation and say you're a fucking southern cock" or something similar) hehehehe... ;D[/quote]<br><br>I couldn't agree more! I gotta add: Heathen Chemistry is crap! Probably the worst album in my collection. <br>

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:08 pm 

Quote:
Acquiesque
<br><br>Yup, Aquiesce....and Rockin' Chair, Columbia, Sad Song, Take Me Away, Masterplan...etc....I love all those.. 8)<br>The first album was amazing, really messy sounding but beautifully produced....then it all went pear shaped.<br><br>Noel Gallagher is often to be spotted around Liverpool watching the new live bands on the circuit. Always looking for new talent he can sign which I think is a really good thing.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:40 pm 

[quote author=timmo82 link=board=general;num=1048570028;start=180#183 date=05/07/05 at 15:13:40]<br><br>No I haven't heard it! I'll buy the album probably, I've read some encouraging reviews of it actually. <br>But Lyla is a turd of a song, Noel even said it's the worst on the album and the record company made him release it.[/quote]<br><br>Of course, they had to released Lyla because the first single:<br>- Has to be a Noel written song.<br>- Has to be sung by Liam.<br>- Can't be a ballad. <br><br>I don't think I will buy the new album, I'll just download it when it's released. I've heard it and the only semi-interesting songs for me are the ones that Noel sings: Mucky Fingers (a copy of The Velvet Underground's 'I'm Waiting for the Man'), The Importance of Being Idle (which sounds too much like The Kinks) and Part Of The Queue (which borrows the chords from a song called 'Golden Brown').<br>If you think Lyla is a turd of a song wait 'til you hear Let There Be Love (the demo is ten times better!). If you don't want to hear it before it's released, just download Mr. Bungle's 'Retrovertigo' and think of a parody of it.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:56 pm 

Do you mean "Golden Brown" by The Stranglers?? Rip off merchants aint they... I remember when they got accused of ripping off "Id like to teach The World To Sing" by The New Seekers (was it) when they released one of their early tunes and Noel retorted with "if you're gonna have me on that one, then you can have Paul Weller for ripping "Taxman" by The Beatles when he recorded "Start" hehehehe...what a reply. 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:45 pm 

[quote author=Bunna Dik link=board=general;num=1048570028;start=180#186 date=05/07/05 at 17:42:36]Oasis ripped off so many artists it's baffling no-one could accuse em of stealing their name from something or someone yet.[/quote]<br><br>there new song is fucking crap as well<br>

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:48 pm 

[quote author=asparagus link=board=general;num=1048570028;start=180#185 date=05/07/05 at 15:56:26]Do you mean "Golden Brown" by The Stranglers?? Rip off merchants aint they... I remember when they got accused of ripping off "Id like to teach The World To Sing" by The New Seekers (was it) when they released one of their early tunes and Noel retorted with "if you're gonna have me on that one, then you can have Paul Weller for ripping "Taxman" by The Beatles when he recorded "Start" hehehehe...what a reply. 8)[/quote]<br><br>Yes, it's 'Golden Brown' by The Stranglers, I couldn't remember the name of the band. <br>But you haven't heard Liam's 'lennonisms' on the new album yet. I'm sure you'll laugh out loud when you hear them. <br>People are giving this album too much hype. The songs are too simple, there are no guitar solos, the ballad is fucking hilarous (it sounds like a parody of itself) and the lyrics are silly. At least, it is well produced and there is no 'wall of sound'. <br>And I agree with TCS: 'Lyla' is crap. But it's not the worst song on the album.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:12 am 

Tends to be the way. When the Media hype something it usually turns out to be a heap of turd.  ;D

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:36 am 

If album covers are supposed to represent the music contained within, then this one is the definite worst:<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am 

Like this one too... ;D<br><br>Image<br><br>roflmao<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:49 pm 

[quote author=Billy link=board=general;num=1048570028;start=180#192 date=05/10/05 at 10:36:54]If album covers are supposed to represent the music contained within, then this one is the definite worst:<br><br>Image[/quote]<br>Nah, I kinda like the effect.  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:03 am 

Too good to be true<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:13 am 

[quote author=madcow1515 link=board=general;num=1048570028;start=195#196 date=05/10/05 at 16:49:36]<br>Nah, I kinda like the effect.  [/quote]<br><br>So do I. I feel sorry for the people who bought that thinking that it would be wimpy music and got their eardrums blown out.  ;D<br>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next