Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: GOODMORNING
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:35 pm 

Good Morning All, 08.33 here.<br>Sunny but busy sunday for me and my wife. We must do different small works in our new flat, where we will move in 10 days.<br>It will take all day.<br>So, I am obliged to give up to rehersals. <br>But.....Tomorrow is the "Fête de la Musique" here.<br>In this framework I will play with some students at the University and also jam sessions in a jazz bar in the centre of the town.<br><br>For Sabby: I also lived a divorce many years ago. It was very sad too for a lot of extra reasons than "average". When such blue feelings are invading your soul...yes, one of the recipes is music, nonsense humour. Actually the real recipe is time.  :-*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:24 am 

Sunday morning stretches out in front of me like forever.  It's still partly sunny (trying to be optimistic).  Awfully cool for late June.  I start my job tomorrow.  I'm as ready as I'll ever be.  Then in the evening take the car to be fixed.  it suddenly started making noise.<br><br>Monster, knock em dead.  Sorry you didn't get to do all your rehearsal.  Wish I could hear you play.  Have a super concert.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:23 pm 

Good Morning,<br>07.28 here.<br><br>I am going out. I have to take my car  (aw...... ??? ??? ???) to bring my double-bass.<br>"Fête de la Musique" today (and night). <br><br>Hay...it's summer ! :) :) :) :) :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:43 am 

[quote author=monstermovie link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=240#253 date=06/20/04 at 22:23:53]Good Morning,<br>07.28 here.<br><br>I am going out. I have to take my car  (aw...... ??? ??? ???) to bring my double-bass.<br>"Fête de la Musique" today (and night). <br><br>Hay...it's summer ! :) :) :) :) :) :)[/quote]<br><br>Morning.....M.M. are you gonna play any FZ?..hope so.<br>Also Joes Corsage arrived today....so its a V.V.V. Good Morning!!!! ;D<br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:42 am 

Good...Afternoon, it's 16.34 here.<br>Yesterday it was one of those days I really like.<br>I have played all day long.<br>First at the University, with young students.<br>The night I played in a club with my friends for all the night.<br>It was a great manner to celebrate the solstice. <br>This is one of the French (recent) traditions which I really like: the "Fête de la Musique". Everybody is in the street to play and/or listen to music. <br><br>MICRO, we didn't play FZ music.<br>I really dream to play some FZ tracks but...it is impossible to do this in "jam session" situations because Frank's music needs to be heavily rehearsed. It is usually a very difficult music to play. Even the "King Kong" theme, which is far from "difficult", really neeeds an accurate work. Furthermore, I have never had the chance to meet musicians who sould like to play one or two "cammeos" to celebrate Frank's music.<br>I think that tracks, say "not excessively" difficult, like "Little Umbrellas" or "Twenty Small Cigars", need a time-consuming work. <br>My real dream ? To have a jazz big band which includes in its list "The Grand Wazoo" ! (and others of course  ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:16 pm 

Good Morning All !!<br>07.23 here<br><br>Still raining  >:( >:(<br>And today is not anymore the "Fête de la Musique"...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:34 pm 

Yawn, Yawn, Yawn....07.39 here.<br>I have a triple coffee jag here and I am still sleepy. I couldn't sleep tonite. Too many thoughts: work, new house, family far away.....<br>But I have to go anyway.<br>So, the best is a good shower.<br>But before I finish to read your posts drinking coffee.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:08 am 

Bom dia!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:23 am 

dear mr_green_genes,
your intentional bumping of an old thread in eager attempts of 1-upping me has not gone unnoticed.

warm wishes!
mngmnt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11