Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GOODMORNING
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:32 am 

[quote author=xyqa link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=225#225 date=06/10/04 at 07:52:14]good morning!<br>sitting here half-worried abt my son jacks' departure for 3 day music festival called bonnaroo in manchester, tn...it is approx 3 hrs away from home...he is 2 wks shy of his 18th birthday and going there with his girlfriend who is also 17...they have vip tickets (a graduation gift from his girlfriends' father) and have all the necessary supplies...food, tent, water, toilet paper, phone, condoms :P...i'm just<br>half worried like i said and i'm not even sure why...i guess i worry abt his exposure to the riff-raff ;D, you know...folks like us ;D...<br>in another way i am proud he is going and will have these memories and see some great music!<br>congrats to c.s. on *your* jacks' christening and also hope m.m.s' dad soon to be home...<br>music is the best...i feel better now :)[/quote]<br><br>I know exactly what you mean, my son and daughter are both going to the Glastonbury festival for three days starting June 25th. Adam's 20 and Amy's 17, I know they will look out for one another...but  you cant help but worry, but then again if you or I did'nt we would be failing in our dutys as parents.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:00 am 

Oh man, you guys should be worried sick! Remember what YOU did at rock concerts when you were 17?? Well, you can bet THEY'll be doing same thing! Just substitute the acid with extacy, and the angel dust with crack, and you'll have it. Also you gotta worry about the Hells Angels, I heard they're going to be there. They want to recruit some underage girls to run weapons into town, and Adam...man, a rockker like that should be able to get a FEW girls in the back seat at once! Oh yeah, the T is bad too, strychnine.<br>Sounds like a fun show(:<br> :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:28 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=225#227 date=06/10/04 at 12:00:53]Oh man, you guys should be worried sick! Remember what YOU did at rock concerts when you were 17?? Well, you can bet THEY'll be doing same thing! Just substitute the acid with extacy, and the angel dust with crack, and you'll have it. Also you gotta worry about the Hells Angels, I heard they're going to be there. They want to recruit some underage girls to run weapons into town, and Adam...man, a rockker like that should be able to get a FEW girls in the back seat at once! Oh yeah, the T is bad too, strychnine.<br>Sounds like a fun show(:<br> :D[/quote]<br><br>Yeah I remember.......hopefully the pair of em are more sensible than me ....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be more sensible than I was!!!! :D<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:39 am 

dont worry about it xqya...you raised yer kid well, and now its up to him to make good decisions.  sure hes going to party and have a good time with his friends at these festivals/concerts, you just got to let him go and trust he won't get too crazy.  they are actually good learning experiences for a young chap.  if bonnaroo wasnt too far away/expensive/etc i would go in a second.  my festival this summer is going to be phish's final blow-out up in vt.  i cant promise good decisions will be made up there.... ;) :P 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:56 am 

Mornin gang, goin on vacation with my daughter, today's the first day off(: Just got done making dinner reservations up in the revolving restaraunt in the Space Needle(: It's 525 feet (160M), above the city, and it takes an hour for your table to make a full 360 circle...you get a great view, and by dessert, you're back where you started, lol(:<br>Here's a webcam...<br>http://images.earthcam.com/spaceneedle/live.php<br>Here's the building...<br>Image<br>Lol, that's not my daughter,that's my buddy Hank on another trip. I remember this day they were playing Zappa music from that stage you can see behind Hank, I don't remember what the event was in the park that day...It was just neat to go walking in and going ..."Hey, That's Frank Zappa on the PA"!<br><br>We're celebrating her HS graduation, she didnt get killed in a car wreck, she didn't get pregnant, she didn't OD, AND on top of that she got her diploma...things are going great so far! (lol). I got her a neat necklace(:<br>Image<br><br>Yes..vacation!<br>I'll be around a little more, then I'll be off line 'till Wednesday, (case anyone PM's me, i won't get it till then).<br><br>Take care all...and yes, it's definatly a good morning around here...coffee's pretty good too(:<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:26 am 

It is not...morning but I am back.<br>Dad is OK. My brother too (he went to hospital more than a month ago).<br>It is difficult to manage these things when one works far from family, at least this is difficult for an Italian.<br><br>In any case,...Good Night !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:52 pm 

And Good Morning ! 06.59 here.<br>I am up since 05.50.....I couldn't sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:18 pm 

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning !!!<br>I have slept tonite and the sun shines.<br>But I cannot take my shower because water has been cut. A problem occurred during the night.<br>I will stink, sure.<br><br>Xyqa, as far as you can try to continue to avoid work.... :)<br>how would like to avoid too.... ;D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:39 pm 

Howdy doodly doo!! good morning.<br>Its my day off today which is good, shame the weathers a bit iffy.<br><br>Woah m.m. is that you, take a shower man ;D ;D<br><br>Xyqa, I'm glad your son had a good time at his festival and that he came back safe and sound  ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:01 am 

Mornin' all(:<br>Back from vacation with the graduated daughter(:<br>Image<br>That's #2 safely through high school, that's a relief, lol((:<br><br>She's my rockin daughter, she likes to jam with her friends(: She also turns up a lot of music I never heard of, and vice versa. It's uncanny how our musical tastes are so close, probably 4 from our 7 favorite rock bands are the same(: (Lol, with Ashy, 4 from 7 of ANYTHING with us are the same, lol).(She's not much for FZ though...yet. She'll listen to it but left to her own, will put on something else..mho is this will change).<br><br>And what vacation to Seattle is complete without a trip down to the Edgewater Inn(:<br>Image<br><br>Hey, I see Gail made it by, that's wonderful(:<br>Mornin' all :D<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:03 am 

[quote author=MICRODOT link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=225#237 date=06/16/04 at 23:39:14]Xyqa, I'm glad your son had a good time at his festival and that he came back safe and sound  ;)[/quote]<br> :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:04 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=225#238 date=06/17/04 at 06:01:50]Mornin' all(:<br>Back from vacation with the graduated daughter(:<br>Image<br>That's #2 safely through high school, that's a relief, lol((:<br><br>She's my rockin daughter, she likes to jam with her friends(: She also turns up a lot of music I never heard of, and vice versa. It's uncanny how our musical tastes are so close, probably 4 from our 7 favorite rock bands are the same(: (Lol, with Ashy, 4 from 7 of ANYTHING with us are the same, lol).(She's not much for FZ though...yet. She'll listen to it but left to her own, will put on something else..mho is this will change).<br><br>And what vacation to Seattle is complete without a trip down to the Edgewater Inn(:<br>Image<br><br>Hey, I see Gail made it by, that's wonderful(:<br>Mornin' all :D<br><br>[/quote]<br>you're daughter looks like you Chuck, tell her congratulations on her graduation  ;D

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:59 pm 

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning All !!!!<br>Nice day today: the shower works (I have been below the water for almost half an hour !), sun shines.<br>The Imisshimbad's  graduated daughter looks nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:05 am 

Hey, thanks monstermovie(: And Scrutz, I gotta disagree, lol, she looks a lot BETTER than me, I'm all old and derelect looking and stuff :D<br><br>Morning all(:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:12 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=240#242 date=06/18/04 at 06:05:30] she looks a lot BETTER than me, I'm all old and derelect looking and stuff :D<br><br>[/quote]<br>Like "50 years old and......wretched" ?    ;D<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:28 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=240#242 date=06/18/04 at 06:05:30]Hey, thanks monstermovie(: And Scrutz, I gotta disagree, lol, she looks a lot BETTER than me, I'm all old and derelect looking and stuff :D<br><br>Morning all(:[/quote]<br>nobody said she didn't look BETTER than you...just that she looked LIKE you...big difference Baddy  ;)

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:34 am 

hehehe :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:36 am 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=240#243 date=06/18/04 at 06:12:31]<br>Like "50 years old and......wretched" ?    ;D<br><br>[/quote]<br>Lol, yeah, that about sums it up(:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:48 pm 

Good Morning !<br>07.55 here<br>Cloudy saturday...but I am busy as usual.<br><br>Is there some sun somewhere ? Are you planning a bbq sunday ? Or are you going to the sea ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:52 am 

[quote author=monstermovie link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=240#247 date=06/18/04 at 22:48:46]Good Morning !<br>07.55 here<br>Cloudy saturday...but I am busy as usual.<br><br>Is there some sun somewhere ? Are you planning a bbq sunday ? Or are you going to the sea ?[/quote]<br><br>It is sunny and beautiful here.  What am I doing, besides sleeping late?  Mowing the lawn, what else do we do here in God's country?  Late breakfast, reading, working on my recipie data base  then maybe some coffee at the bookstore. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:52 pm 

I was prepared for this to be a bad day.  I am "celebrating" various things that have happened in my past today.  I happened while looking for my birth certificate for my new job to run accross the marriage cert and the divorce decreee from my ex.  The divorce having happened only a couple of days from when we would have celebrated our anniversary  (June 16). in '89.  I didn't remember it until today and then everything falls into place.  That and several other things destined this day to be sad and depressing.  But it has ended up being better than I thought it would.  Because I am here.  I do some of my chores and then come back here and talk and everything is okay, discussing Zappa and anything else and reading your posts about sense and nonsense....  Thanks guys!  Have a good evening!  You are crazy in the way I am crazy!  8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next