Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GOODMORNING
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:45 am 

The car will NOT have these colors Sunday, this is his ARCA / Busch car. It is a previous cup car that won at Talladega, and acted as backup for the 4 team at superspeedways like Talladega, Daytona, and Darlington. It's a Dehart chassis.<br><br>IF he get's in, he'll be team mate to Jimmy Spencer in the 4. Both cars will be without a primary sponsor, though Kodak and possiblu Featherlite or Food City will likely be on there on the rear deck.<br><br>http://ericmcclure.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:47 am 

I know..all you Europeans are going whaaaa?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:58 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=120#126 date=04/23/04 at 04:47:04]I know..all you Europeans are going whaaaa?[/quote]<br><br>That makes me wanna say red backwards......der ???<br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:42 pm 

Yawn, 08.47 here, huge coffee quantities around me.<br>Good Morning.<br>It's always nice to wake up reading what Zappa Freaks have posted during the night.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:12 am 

Mornin...Rose and I on cloud nine up here, our friend Eric qualified for the Cup race at Talladega tomorrow (unbelievable he got the opportunity, let alone made it in). I woulda been happy with 43rd place start...but check out what the kid did, he's in there with some pretty good company:<br>Image<br> <br>He's running his Busch sponsor "I Can Learn" colors, although they didn't pay, <br><br>Image<br><br>they want to attract sponsorship for the main car, Jimmy Spencer in the #4 car (sponsorless...the shop (50 guys), could close after the year, if they don't get a sponsor).<br>Image<br><br>Good luck tomorrow Eric, can't believe ya made it this far!<br>(I like this one cuz it says "Talladega".<br><br>Image<br><br>Mornin all!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:04 am 

Good mornink everybody, I've just been down the dump to get rid of a load of garden rubbish, complete madness up there, cars backing in and out all over the place...could'nt wait to get away....smelly too.<br><br>P.S. Glad your man came in 'Baddy' 8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:22 am 

Mornin all!<br>Thanks Microdot, qualifying's over, and today's the race. It's been more than 4 years coming...here's Eric in his first car, on the local home track, (outside front, #99):<br>Image<br>His sponsors were a small print shop, and a group of friends called "The Sage Burning Gang", (we're gonna burn a LOT of sage today!). <br><br>It's a big day for Eric, just please finish the race without wrecking, wrecking someone else, or blowing up, (850 hp for 800 kilometers at just over 300kph). This race distance is over twice as long as anything he's tried before, he's going to have to keep up his concentration twice as long. He's also only made 3 pit stops at this level in his life, but he's going to have to make a bunch today.<br><br>I don't care if he comes in last, just come in OK!<br><br>Excellent day today!<br>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:54 pm 

Hi All, 07.59 here<br>It's monday and I have to go..... >:( :(<br><br>This morning I am thinking of...party at Daisy's: I really would like to participate but...I can't......<br><br>Good Morning Forum<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:31 pm 

mornin all. have a g day. Have fun - thats all its about really. yeah.  ::)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:49 am 

Arrrrrrrrrr!!!!..... tis a glourious day Jim lad.<br>Morning Everybody.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:24 am 

Not really ready for Monday, but here it is, lol<br><br>Eric had a great day yesterday, started 36th and finished 26th. Pretty darn good for a first Cup attempt, many don't even qualify the first time(: He stayed out of trouble, got some real good experience, and finished on the lead lap(:<br><br>He got some real neat comments from the announcer seeing how good he was doing in his first Cup attempt(:<br><br>http://www.znakomi.com/4user/Eric4/280Knicecommentlow.rm<br><br>Here's his qualifying run, (lol, if anyone is just lounging with nothin better to do):<br><br>http://www.znakomi.com/4user/Eric4/talladegaCupQs/ericTalla/Q/streamrm.rm<br><br>Found a new cheap thrill yesterday morning. We have these two bridges here in the interstate highway that are 100 meters high.<br><br>Image<br><br><br>They have a sidewalk for breakdowns, but i've seen people walking on them (you're not supposed to), so yesterday I found out how to get on, and took my bike over(:<br><br>What a view from the top(:<br>Image<br><br>I can't show this in a picture, but it's vertigo, when you're riding on the walkway, the bars on the left disapear, and you can see 100 meters straight down, right beside the bike...it's quite a rush....<br>you can't see it in the picture, but maybe you can get the idea if you put this image below, together with the image above. When riding, you can see right through the bars((:<br>Image<br><br>Morning all...here goes another week...<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:30 am 

Woah!!!!!.....'Baddy' the thrill seeker ;D ;D 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:37 am 

Cheap thrills(: How fine they are(((:<br>(The bridge shook too when trucks went over, something you never notice in a car(:<br><br>BTW, that's baddy's home town in the photos above from the bridge(:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:01 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=135#137 date=04/26/04 at 05:37:52]Cheap thrills(: How fine they are(((:<br>(The bridge shook too when trucks went over, something you never notice in a car(:<br><br>BTW, that's baddy's home town in the photos above from the bridge(:[/quote]<br><br>So what river is that? (I like to know these things) cos it looks pretty wide.<br><br> My Favourite river is the Thames, always has been ever since I fell in it (and drinking half of it ;D) when I was a kid, probobly 5 or 6. I remember being dragged out by my mum (who was'nt to happy) and then being taken on board a nearby houseboat and given chocolate biscuits and a cuppa tea. That happened in Windsor just downstream from the castle.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:34 am 

[quote author=MICRODOT link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=135#138 date=04/26/04 at 06:01:44]<br><br>So what river is that? (I like to know these things) cos it looks pretty wide.<br><br> My Favourite river is the Thames, always has been ever since I fell in it (and drinking half of it ;D) when I was a kid, probobly 5 or 6. I remember being dragged out by my mum (who was'nt to happy) and then being taken on board a nearby houseboat and given chocolate biscuits and a cuppa tea. That happened in Windsor just downstream from the castle.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Believe it or not...... (drum roll here)........<br>It's the Thames!<br><br>Lol, lemme see if I can find you a map here...<br>Image<br><br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br> :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:06 am 

[quote author=MICRODOT link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=135#138 date=04/26/04 at 06:01:44]<br><br>So what river is that? (I like to know these things) cos it looks pretty wide.<br><br> My Favourite river is the Thames, always has been ever since I fell in it (and drinking half of it ;D) when I was a kid, probobly 5 or 6. I remember being dragged out by my mum (who was'nt to happy) and then being taken on board a nearby houseboat and given chocolate biscuits and a cuppa tea. That happened in Windsor just downstream from the castle.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I like rivers too(: I grew up in a town (Ashaway), 30 K from here where we had a much smaller river (the Ashawog/indian name). We weren't supposed to skate on the river, but sometimes (once every 7 years), it would get cold enough where yuo could skate on most of it. It was like magic instantly skating to all those places that took hours of trudging through the trails to get to, (and briars). We had row boats too, and swamps, so we always got bitched at for wet and mud, and something about "not having any brain".<br><br>         Skip school, play in the woods :)<br><br>how about....."swing trees", did you guys have those?<br><br>or Tarzan swings...into the river!<br><br>Got any good "accident" stories?<br>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:48 am 

Mornin or should I say afternoon.<br><br>The Thames, now thats a coincedence (or is it conceptual continuity :))<br><br>Yeah rivers are great when your a kid, as you said 'baddy' wet,muddy and brainless.<br>Ive not really got any accident stories only stupidity ones, such as trying to impress girls by jumping of the bridge that crosses from Eton to Windsor duh!!!. I just ended up soaking wet, losing my money and no girl, double duh, but hey its all part of growing up ;D

Post subject: : GOODMORNING
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:11 am 

No Brains story #2(:<br><br>I remember one year in February a neighbor gave my friend and me a cool 16' boat with fiberglass so it didn't leak, (as all our boats did). Well...such a cool boat, we weren't about to wait for winter to get over. So one night we bult a 'furnace' out of a 10 gallon metal gas can, cutting a square hole in the front of it, leaving a 10 mm lip between the bottom of the hole, and bottom og the can. We stuck it up in the bow of the boat, and rowed out of sight of the parent's house, (very important precaution). We then poured 8 mm of kerosene in the bottom of the can and lit it(: it was a cool furnace for about 30 seconds until we both decided to sit down on the seat in the back of the boat to enjoy it(: Instantly the shift of weight caused the boat to tip back, and the kerosene to flow over the lip and into the bottom of the boat...you wouldn't believe how much fire came out of that thing! Instantly we both jumped in the water, where just as instanty we were reminded it was FEBRUARY!<br>But what could we do, the boat was burnin, (and yes, on it's maiden run).<br>After it was all said and done, the boat had burned down to nearly the waterline in the front, but if you stayed in the back, you could still use it...we namen it "The Barge".

Post subject: Re: : GOODMORNING
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:27 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=135#142 date=04/27/04 at 06:11:36]No Brains story #2(:<br><br>I remember one year in February a neighbor gave my friend and me a cool 16' boat with fiberglass so it didn't leak, (as all our boats did). Well...such a cool boat, we weren't about to wait for winter to get over. So one night we bult a 'furnace' out of a 10 gallon metal gas can, cutting a square hole in the front of it, leaving a 10 mm lip between the bottom of the hole, and bottom og the can. We stuck it up in the bow of the boat, and rowed out of sight of the parent's house, (very important precaution). We then poured 8 mm of kerosene in the bottom of the can and lit it(: it was a cool furnace for about 30 seconds until we both decided to sit down on the seat in the back of the boat to enjoy it(: Instantly the shift of weight caused the boat to tip back, and the kerosene to flow over the lip and into the bottom of the boat...you wouldn't believe how much fire came out of that thing! Instantly we both jumped in the water, where just as instanty we were reminded it was FEBRUARY!<br>But what could we do, the boat was burnin, (and yes, on it's maiden run).<br>After it was all said and done, the boat had burned down to nearly the waterline in the front, but if you stayed in the back, you could still use it...we namen it "The Barge".[/quote]<br><br>Yeah your right......that is a brainless story ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>funny though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:37 am 

lol, I learned about "Fire & Ice" that night. (lol, had a girlfriend like that too once, she was just like the boat). (Couldn't get anywhere's with her till one day I had enough, and told her I wasn't comin over anymore...that did it, she was on me like bark on a tree! Geez, if I'd only thought of that two months earlier!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:06 pm 

Hi All, Good Morning.<br>08.12 am here<br>Yawn, Yawn, Yawn and Yawn again.<br>I need more coffee.<br>This night I dreamed of the party at Daisy's....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:26 pm 

Good morning, Good morning, Good morning!!!<br>It's my day off today, so everythings good with the world......except the weather...dull, grey, wet. It's OK for you people north of the boarder though, sunshine is apparently coming your way!!!!  ;Daccording to the GMTV weather report (how sad is that, watching GMTV....get a life microdot!!!!)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:07 pm 

Good Morning, 07.12 here.<br>How I need a coffee....I have slept very very badly last night. The sky is cloudy, I feel sad for a lot of reasons...I can't go back to my bed.... :( :(<br>I really hope your waking up will be far better than mine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:18 pm 

[quote author=monstermovie link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=135#147 date=04/28/04 at 22:07:43]Good Morning, 07.12 here.<br>How I need a coffee....I have slept very very badly last night. The sky is cloudy, I feel sad for a lot of reasons...I can't go back to my bed.... :( :(<br>I really hope your waking up will be far better than mine.[/quote]<br><br>There there, buddy. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next