Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GOODMORNING
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:55 am 

[quote author=Zardoz link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=90#100 date=04/16/04 at 08:52:14]<br><br>I had to look it up to find out what skanking is.  Never heard of it. Being from the south, I guess it never caught on here in the 80's. In fact I've heard about ska , but didn't know what that was either. I guess in some ways I've lived a sheltered life.  8)[/quote]<br><br>I dont think you've led a sheltered life (I've seen the pictures you've posted), it  maybe that skanking is an English term, I dunno. However judging from your animation you nailed it. And I advise you to check out some ska type music, especially early sixties, the best stuff is usually on the Trojan label. Its just so cool 8).<br><br>By the WAY GOOD MORNING  everybody.<br>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:03 am 

Mornin Dot, morning all.<br>Sunny day starting up here in New England. It's probably the warmest weekend so far this year, it may hit 75 (23c) tomorrow, time for a nice long bike ride.<br>Zardoz must have his scooter fired up this weekend, probably in heaven too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:40 am 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=90#104 date=04/17/04 at 09:30:46]<br><br>I only ever heard "skank" as a noun meaning, "scum, sleaze, low-life" here in "New England". (I'll bet no one from outside it can name those six states nor many who are from it!)<br><br>So now I know what I did a year ago while ignoring a herniated disk and "paying" severely four hours later in a very big way! (I still like to throw my body around like a scarecrow in a hurricane, being careful not to hurt anyone else. Now that I'm a Senile Citizen ;) I ought not do this stuff but because I am I don't give a fuck like I used to at how totally ridiculous it looks. ;D<br><br>--Bat[/quote]<br><br>Just another example of cultural difference, how one thing in one country can mean another in a different country. Tell me when you herniated your disc were you having a good time ??? it certainley sounds like it ;D<br>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:00 pm 

Good morning, it's 8:04, and its a typical English day, grey and wet.<br><br>I've got nothing planned for today, i'll just have to see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:00 pm 

Good Mornig All.<br>09.06 here in Rome. It's still raining, so I can go back to northern Europe.....But here I have all my FZ records and this is a wondeful thing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:13 pm 

Hi All. 09.20 here.<br>I up since 08.00 but I am still yawning. I need more coffee than usual. The razilian friends who are with me still sleep......a sleepy morning  ::)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:01 pm 

Good morning..... its my day off today ;D<br>It's gonna be a busy one though, first I have to take Adam to Southamptom, cos hes got his driving harzard perception test, <br>then I have to get some general shopping and after that I'm gonna crack on with my essay.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:20 pm 

Good Morning Forum !<br>It's the last full day of vacation in Rome...Tomorrow afternoon  I leave  :'( :'(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:58 am 

Good morning everybody.<br><br>Sounds great monstermovie, enjoy!<br><br>Coffee, coffee, need coffee!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:03 am 

laff yer ass off((:<br>http://viral.lycos.co.uk/attachments/1610/funny_cats.wmv

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:29 pm 

Good Morning All !<br><br>I have taken my coffees, I have to finish luggages and then....end of vacation  :'( :'(<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:25 am 

Gut Morgen mein herren und damen.<br>Its a crappy, grey rainy day here in the UK.<br><br>At about 11:40 this morning an old lady rear ended me in my post office van, nobody was hurt but her Micra was a bit dented, smashed headlights, smashed up radiator. Poor old dear she was so shaken up...I did feel sorry for her. I told her before she done anything else..just get home and have a cup of tea and calm down.<br><br>Oh yeah my daughter Amy got her tickets for the Chilli Peppers gig in Hyde Park in June....its been a strange morning.  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:37 pm 

Hi All,<br>08.42 here .... :'( :'( :'(<br>I preferred Rome !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:45 am 

[quote author=MICRODOT link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=105#116 date=04/21/04 at 04:25:14]<br>At about 11:40 this morning an old lady rear ended me in my post office van, nobody was hurt but her Micra was a bit dented, smashed headlights, smashed up radiator. Poor old dear she was so shaken up...I did feel sorry for her. I told her before she done anything else..just get home and have a cup of tea and calm down.<br><br> [/quote]<br><br><br>Heeey, I met her in Boston last month, she made a left turn from the right hand lane...right into the side of my rental car.<br>Funny, she didn't say she was going to the UK soon.  :o<br><br>Mornin gang!<br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:18 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=105#118 date=04/22/04 at 03:45:29]<br><br><br>Heeey, I met her in Boston last month, she made a left turn from the right hand lane...right into the side of my rental car.<br>Funny, she didn't say she was going to the UK soon.  :o<br><br>Mornin gang![/quote]<br><br>;D ;D Yeah these demon old dears do tend to travel, she asked me if I knew you and to pass on her good wishes ;) ;)<br>Mornin everypeeps!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:24 am 

hey look...she's gettin away!<br>Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:27 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1080279324;start=120#120 date=04/22/04 at 04:24:26]hey look...she's gettin away!<br>Image[/quote]<br><br>COOL!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:16 am 

Hi All....though it is now very late to say GoodMorning  ;D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:53 am 

Good morning peopleoids.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:40 am 

Hey, good mornin back at cha(:<br><br>My ass is draggin this mornin..I gotta get to the North side of boston for work...but PRIORITIES. come first..I gotta get my VCR's set up to record my buddy Eric who's going to attempt to qualify for the Cup race at Talladega today! This is his first attempt to qualify for a Cup race (highest league for flat tracks), so if he even get's IN we'll be tickled up here, (there are 48 teams trying for 43 spots). If he can get in and finish the race running we'll be doubly tickled (my girl and I both support him)..and if he finishes higher than 43'rd, and less than 4 laps down, we'll consider that gravy(:<br><br>Good luck Eric, it's a big day for you!<br><br>Have a good one all(:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next