Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:55 pm 

--evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil--
--evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil-evil--

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 4:40 pm 

First time cat owner for the past five months. Found her in the freezing cold with an injured foot so I took her in and nursed her back to health. Eight days ago she had a litter of four. Two brown and two mostly black cats. I've been doing a crash course in how to raise kittens. Sure they are fine for now since they are either sleeping or eating,but I'll eventually get them properly vaccinated and adopted to loving and responsible humans :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:07 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
First time cat owner for the past five months. Found her in the freezing cold with an injured foot so I took her in and nursed her back to health. Eight days ago she had a litter of four. Two brown and two mostly black cats. I've been doing a crash course in how to raise kittens. Sure they are fine for now since they are either sleeping or eating,but I'll eventually get them properly vaccinated and adopted to loving and responsible humans :wink: :mrgreen:

Way to go, Milton
A person who likes cats as you has all my sympathy and appreciation. I'm a bit jealous...
I wish my wife wouldn't be allergic to cats and dogs...
:P

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 11:44 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:

Dang MB, you're even cooler than I thought. Give yourself a much deserved pat on the back!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 12:03 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:

Such a wonderful thing you did!
You're lucky there's this COVID thing preventing me from visiting the kittens every day... :mrgreen:

Can you share pictures? Please?

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:52 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:01 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:03 pm 

Did you say.....

Vegetarian!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:24 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:19 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:40 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:13 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:36 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:52 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:57 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:21 am 

How Do You Train a Cat?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:48 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:20 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:05 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:31 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:52 pm 

Atlanta woman wakes up to find a wild African cat on her bed

By Rachel Trent, CNN
Updated 5:15 PM ET, Sat July 3, 2021

(CNN) An Atlanta woman woke up to a surprise when a cat -- that was not hers -- jumped onto her bed Wednesday morning.

She was even more shocked to discover the cat was a serval -- an exotic cat native to Africa.

Kristine Frank, who lives in the Brookhaven neighborhood, told CNN that the cat came in the house shortly after her husband took their dog outside, leaving a door open.

The cat was just 6 inches from her face, Frank said. She scared it off the bed.

"I said, 'That's not a normal house cat. I don't know what that is, but I am terrified right now,'" she said.

Frank said she slowly got out of the room and her husband opened a bedroom door that led outside, allowing the cat to leave the house.

"Afterwards I was like, 'Was that a bobcat? Was it a leopard? Was it a baby? Was it a mom?'" Frank said.

She called animal control, which told her to contact the Department of Natural Resources, which is now investigating.

"It still kind of terrifies me because that cat is illegal and there's a reason it's illegal. So I really don't know what it's capable of doing."

The cat is still on the loose. Frank thinks the serval, which she estimated to be about 2-and-a-half feet tall, is someone's pet.

Owning a wild cat is illegal in Georgia, but there are no federal laws against it, according to the Animal Legal Defense Fund.

ALDF Senior Legislative Affairs Manager Alicia Prygoski told CNN this case demonstrates the importance of prohibiting wild cat ownership, because it puts other community members at risk.

"Wild cats are not meant for private possession," Prygoski said. "The wild cat trade in this country is really not well regulated, which results in many species of wild cats, including servals, living out their lives in private homes which are not adequate environments for the natural behaviors that they exhibit."

The DNR has been working to set up traps in Frank's neighborhood, Prygoski said.

"When law enforcement is hopefully able to trap her we hope that she is then set to an accredited sanctuary where she can live out the rest of her life in an appropriate habitat," Prygoski said.

Prygoski says anyone who sees the serval should stay away from the cat and contact animal control or the DNR.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:39 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:59 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

LOL, looks like a nice demonstration of the rules of inheritance as described by Gregor Mendel: Mendelian inheritance (or simply ask Mr. Green Genes) :wink:

Post subject: Re: cats
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:14 am 

siberian tiger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:04 am 

The Wet Look.....
Blow Dried.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next