Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:34 am
Posts: 2124
Location: Plymouth England
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMKu3VTUjiI

Stumbled across this guy when looking at some guitatist vids on you tube (Vai , Govan ,Hilland etc)

Unique ! :)

_________________
" Music is the only religion that delivers the goods " FZ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 16585
Location: misanthropia
Image

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35616
Location: Somewhere in time
This kid was on AGT (America's Got Talent) last year watch it all this is truly unique in my humble opinion... :shock:

https://youtu.be/eollizcRpgQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:34 am
Posts: 2124
Location: Plymouth England
lapsed maps wrote:
Image



Racial profiling ? :lol:

_________________
" Music is the only religion that delivers the goods " FZ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 16585
Location: misanthropia
tinkamok wrote:
Racial profiling ? :lol:

thanks for proving (one of) my point(s)... it's not a race!

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:34 am
Posts: 2124
Location: Plymouth England
lapsed maps wrote:
tinkamok wrote:
Racial profiling ? :lol:

thanks for proving (one of) my point(s)... it's not a race!


Agreed , but there are a lot of "shredder" fans out there who do think that faster = better.
This isn't my cup of tea , but i do have a little respect for the dedication it takes move so fast around a fretboard :) .

_________________
" Music is the only religion that delivers the goods " FZ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 16585
Location: misanthropia
if i believed in talent/good/bad i might see your point.

tinkamok wrote:
there are a lot of "shredder" fans out there who do think that faster = better.

so true...
let's round them up, throw them in box cars, burn them alive, and try to forget it all.

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:34 am
Posts: 2124
Location: Plymouth England
lapsed maps wrote:
if i believed in talent/good/bad i might see your point.

tinkamok wrote:
there are a lot of "shredder" fans out there who do think that faster = better.

so true...
let's round them up, throw them in box cars, burn them alive, and try to forget it all.


A little extreme when all we need to do is remove a finger or three . :lol:

_________________
" Music is the only religion that delivers the goods " FZ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2177
Location: Oregon
tinkamok wrote:
lapsed maps wrote:
if i believed in talent/good/bad i might see your point.

tinkamok wrote:
there are a lot of "shredder" fans out there who do think that faster = better.

so true...
let's round them up, throw them in box cars, burn them alive, and try to forget it all.


A little extreme when all we need to do is remove a finger or three . :lol:

The arms, go for the arms. It could still be feasible to noodle with a few missing digits, though creativity is a must. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35616
Location: Somewhere in time
Plook wrote:
This kid was on AGT (America's Got Talent) last year watch it all this is truly unique in my humble opinion... :shock:

https://youtu.be/eollizcRpgQ



Hey this kids good, has anyone checked this out or can think of anyone in the past who played this way???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:34 am
Posts: 2124
Location: Plymouth England
Plook wrote:
Plook wrote:
This kid was on AGT (America's Got Talent) last year watch it all this is truly unique in my humble opinion... :shock:

https://youtu.be/eollizcRpgQ



Hey this kids good, has anyone checked this out or can think of anyone in the past who played this way???


A couple of people who are similar are - Tobias Rauscher
Max Godman

There are others who i cant recall off hand , do the youtube thing and they will pop up .

I cant get my head around how these guys can do that stuff , very talented .

_________________
" Music is the only religion that delivers the goods " FZ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 16585
Location: misanthropia
Plook wrote:
Hey this kids good, has anyone checked this out or can think of anyone in the past who played this way???

as far as the beating on the guitar thing goes,
charlie patton was doing it back in the 20's and 30's.

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: baddy and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group