Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:45 am 

Humm... looks like there's 2 threads now...OK !<br><br>I have received a sub-poena. In a couple of weeks, I have to go to the court. I received it from a local TV-Station X cause I was not viewing their infos program between 10PM and 10.30PM. They said I violated their freedom of speech cause I chose to view the Simpsons at another TV Station. <br> <br>How ridiculous can you get ?   ::)      <br> <br> <br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:25 pm 

A one minute peek was enough for me. What a splendid collection of morons.<br><br>Who, in his right mind, would want to re-elect Bush ? <br><br>Oh yeah, I forgot about those Big Corpos Guys !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:48 pm 

You gotta realise, being conservative is called upon in certain situations...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:28 am 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=general;num=1078951941;start=0#5 date=03/10/04 at 16:00:46][center]<br><br><br>Why do people keep calling me a Conservative on the forum?<br><br>I'm not a Conservative --<br><br>2. Conservatives voted for George W. Bush<br><br>I HATE George W. Bush!<br><br>3. Conservatives are mostly Republicans<br><br>I'm a Democrat.[/center][/quote]<br>But who are you voting for in the election?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:42 am 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=general;num=1078951941;start=0#9 date=03/10/04 at 18:11:29]If I was a webmaster of a Dutch webforum and some kid from the US kept whining about a refused picture and screaming about 'the first amendment blabla freedom of speech blabla' I wouldn't give a shit. It's not my law. Besides that, I can do whatever I want with my website.<br><br>Do you remember the Yahoo lawsuit? I believe French and German organizations sued Yahoo for the nazi items on their auction. Eventually Yahoo got convicted in France and had to find a way to ban French visitors. <br><br>Yahoo argued that Yahoo.com is governed by US legislation and that auctions of Nazi memorabilia are legal under the US constitutional right to freedom of speech. <br><br>This 'freedom of speech' is used for everything, isn't it?<br><br>Anyway, eventually Yahoo banned the sale of Nazi and Ku Klux Klan memorabilia on Web sites it hosts, saying it does not want to profit from items that glorified or promote hatred.<br><br>read more here<br>http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/01/03/net.hate/<br><br>Interesting stuff. The world wide web collides with foreign national laws. Maybe soon we'll see Isaac in an 'old European' court in a libel suit for calling people Adolf Hitler and nazi's. It's punishable by law. Over here. And it has nothing to do with freedom of speech, these are just stupid insults of a young fool. Remember this is old Europe and the Nazi stuff is still delicate. There's a big difference between calling someone 'asshole' or 'Adolf Hitler'.      <br>     [/quote]<br><br>sebastian,  you're really getting to the crux of the buscuit here, so to speak.  nice work.   i couldn't agree more.    <br><br>isaac,  i hope you see this.  makes you think, does it not??    i too am against censorship.  i too dislike george bush.   and i too am happy that we have certain rights guaranteed by the us constitution.   but you need to remember this is the WORLD WIDE WEB we are talking about here.    <br><br>last of all,  i wanna thank isaac personally for my no longer being able to download the friday boot off kur.  <br>i was really enjoying that !!!  <br><br>ree  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:07 pm 

Barry:<br>  if yer in th house tonight ,..feel free to add summit here

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:58 pm 

United States callin'...<br><br>He Keeps hangin' up!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:52 am 

[quote author=stride link=board=general;num=1078951941;start=15#19 date=03/12/04 at 01:58:23]United States callin'...<br><br>He Keeps hangin' up![/quote]<br><br>From Pink Floyd "The Wall" ! What do I win ?   8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:14 am 

That's funny. In one thread they voted if they were better off now than before Bush and 74% of them said YES, (they had to say yes cuz they're Bush lovers), then in the SAME thread the majority went on to complain 'bout how broke they are. <br>Interesting phenomena this 'denial'((: <br> <br>http://pub104.ezboard.com/famericanconservativefrm1.showMessage?topicID= 7176.topic&pollResults=on <br> <br>Neat link jimmy d(:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:16 am 

Havin a problem getting the complete URL to post, try again:<br><br>http://pub104.ezboard.com/famericanconservativefrm1.showMessage?topicID=7176.topic&pollResults=on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:09 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1078951941;start=15#22 date=03/12/04 at 06:16:34]Havin a problem getting the complete URL to post, try again:<br><br>http://pub104.ezboard.com/famericanconservativefrm1.showMessage?topicID=7176.topic&pollResults=on[/quote]<br><br>These votes must come mostly from people who have enough money to buy a PC and an Internet service. The rest of them ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:59 am 

If you think you've seen anything yet?<br><br>Here:<br><br>RsCommunity<br><br>Warning:Overall moron mods, topics that gets closed because of flaming, a board for posting pics(that gives no "number of posts"things) and a SUPER DUMB rating system.<br><br>I tell ya all, I used to be there, and there was this guy that critisized the....., well, not critisized, but he said that another forum was more fun that this one, that way he got himself a lower rating. Although, he said some clever stuff though, overall.<br><br>Oh, and, yeah, its a BIG forum with the age ranging all form 10-12 year persons to 13-18 teens and ever people over 20.<br><br>YUCK! :-X<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>