Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drugs
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:50 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=45#50 date=11/11/03 at 08:06:12]<br>smoking tea is pointless as is smoking  banana skins unless it is the seams, however you can smoke coffee i've tried it though i wouldn't recommend it and if you put a heaped tablespoonful of nutmeg into a glass of water before you go to bed you will wake up with a hit though it's not that pleasant either[/quote]<br><br><br>Yeah, but if your desperate then tea or banana goes well ;)<br><br>HAHAHAHAHA :D<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:02 pm 

<br>   If you truly desire to see Gawwd...<br>..take a lick of this creature here;<br><br>      Image<br><br>   The Cane Toad,..guaranteed to blow yer mind...<br> and not only ,..but also ideal for pakkiting yer 'golf swing'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:35 am 

sry if this is a stupid question but i am a uninformed person.<br><br>did the great fz use or abuse drugz . i<br><br> know vary little and im looking for help.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:40 am 
Banned

[quote author=boomslangkrunk link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=45#53 date=11/12/03 at 13:35:02]sry if this is a stupid question but i am a uninformed person.<br><br>did the great fz use or abuse drugz . i<br><br>know vary little and im looking for help.[/quote]<br><br>NO!! FZ was very vocal about being Anti-Drug. Besides that he wouldn't have been able to get any 'cause fat old Jerry Garcia used 'em all!! hahahahaha  ;D<br><br>fuck jerry!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:52 am 

hahaha thanx a ton man i was under the understanding that he didnot but was unsure.<br><br>we have been arguing about drug use on the buckethead site i a brought him up a a example as a crazy creative genius who didnot abuse.<br><br>but some crakerheads said i knowed not of what i was speeking. <br><br>thanx again for the help.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:37 pm 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=45#54 date=11/12/03 at 13:40:03]<br><br>NO!! FZ was very vocal about being Anti-Drug. Besides that he wouldn't have been able to get any 'cause fat old Jerry Garcia used 'em all!! hahahahaha  ;D<br><br>fuck jerry!![/quote]<br>well actually , in "the rfzbook" fz admits to smoking pot a couple of times, but didn't like it because it burned his throat/didn't like the taste (to bad he didnt try the tasties we have nowadays ;)), and other reasons.  he did say that he would have continued to puff regulary had he enjoyed it.  on another note, in a book about garcia, they mention that when the the dead lived on haight-ashbury and were selling tons of lsd, that "captain beefheart and frank zappa used to come down and buy some....".  as far as i know, this has never been confirmed/unconfirmed by any other source.  wanna buy some acid bob?  ;) 8) :D

Post subject: re: dope
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:41 pm 

purple haze was lsd

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:10 pm 

...Sorry to hear about your buddy, Whitey,... I sympathize with you.... :( :( :( :(<br><br>..At the very least, you know you did what you could....as the saying goes, " ya can lead a horse to water, but ya can't make him drink"... You tried !!<br> :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(<br>   <br>                                   regards,<br>                                   Z,. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:20 pm 

Sorry to hear about what happened to your friend Whitey. You have all my sympathy.  :(<br><br>I never took drugs, never smoked a joint, nothing nada rien niente. But we have all our dope I guess. Mine is whisky. And wine also. But to me it's a source a pleasure and I want it to remain that way so I try not to drink unhealthy quantities. To be honest I don't always succeed...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:29 am 

sorry whitey.  i lost a childhood friend this year to the same fucking bullshit.  HEROIN SUCKS  >:( >:( :'(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:36 am 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=45#57 date=11/12/03 at 21:07:43][tt]No, he didn't say that. <br>FZ stated, "If I had liked, I'd probably be smoking it today, since I like to smoke."[/quote]<br>sorry, i didnt have the book in front of me to quote directly.<br>
Quote:
That's BS. [/tt]
<br>most likely bs.  beefheart maybe?  someone told me that in the 60's (i dont believe this either btw) that fz used to tell the audience that the gub-ment was doing a sweep and for everyone to throw their drugs on stage.  then fz would pay his band with them.  this person tried to tell me this was in the rfzbook.  wtf ???  must have missed that chapter.  ::)  any other stupid fz drug rumors out there?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:56 am 

good article lumps, thanx.  that hit the nail on the head. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:41 am 

That was a great article. Frank had much wisdom indeed. I've always had a similar viewpoint on drugs. They do have big potential to create danger to people indirectly the way Frank described. Or consider this. A young Mom at home early in the afternoon getting high when she gets a call her kid is sick at school and hurries to pick her up. After picking up the child, she runs a red light, neither is buckled in making this worse and they both suffer horrific injuries. That's when drugs become dangerous to everyone.  But they're not exactly healthy under ordinary conditions as well. Myself, I think people are already disconnected enough from the world and drugs definitely don't help things. How are we supposed to reach our potential if we're stoned and not thinking clearly?  And I'll tell you, a stoned society is much more easy to control. Think about it. And sadly, people find it easier to control other people with the use of drugs. Think of the disgusting shit women wind up doing because men know all they have to do is get them stoned. Drugs? I fuckin hate'em.

"I don't have a problem with gay marriage, let them suffer like the rest of us" - Chris Rock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:53 am 

[quote author=white person link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=45#59 date=11/12/03 at 21:53:40]A long-time friend of mine died tonight. OD'd, I suspect; the autopsy will tell. I had spent years trying to reinforce my friendship by reminding my dead friend that I'd do anything I could, no matter what time of day or night, to keep him from delving into the hard stuff - stuff that he'd consumed for years, over and above the prescription dope he'd been prescribed for legitimate reasons (a back injury and the after-effects of unsuccesful surgery that only served to worsen said back injury). Over the 13 or so years that I offered my support, he never called on me for any sort of assistance, save the few incoherent telephonic communiques he initiated well after ingesting the produce of certain conscienceless assholes that knew him.<br><br>Daniel R. Kelly, rest in peace.[/quote]<br><br><br>Holy donuts!<br><br>Thats hard shit man!<br><br>I fell sorry for you, not glad to hear such things even if you don't know the person. Things like that are the wrosest when it happens you near and dear.<br><br>Sorry to hear that.....<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:51 am 

weed laced with LSD........hmmmmmmmm,<br>you're dreaming man.<br><br>You wouldn't be missleading anyone would ya?<br><br>weed laced with LSD!!!! <br><br>HA!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:04 am 

good evening, <br><br>oh fuck you people using drugs, someone must tell so i do it. dunno if someone else already did, didnt read the stuff. drugs are bad. drugs do ruin you. they spoil your love. you aint getting no reward. no shit. believe a willing sinner, you boys and gals out there, i fucking QUIT and am glad being an alcoholic only. really. <br>keep up to that and go no further. i am serious.<br>love and regards,<br>wowie!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:24 am 

ZOWIE there Wowie,<br><br>Alcohol is one of the worst.<br>I've watched a couple friends slowly kill themselves with alcohol.<br>  Hope you can quit that too man.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:28 am 

thanks for your good wishes, o  brother, but there is less hope at the moment cuz i love it. and well, someones gotta hold the flag up for the party bunch right, were at the gates of war. at least.<br>anyways, kick it if you can.<br>love,<br>wowie!<br><br>p.s.: i am a lady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:32 am 

FZ always said, if you like it, and you're not bothering anyone, and it doesn't cause a murder......DO IT!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:07 pm 

the whole thing regardin drugs and what is and what is not a drug is totally distorted and perverted by politics and powerful special interest groups who have a vested interest in spinning THEIR angle on the issus regardless of the facts or concequences of their crapmongering  - by far the most damaging drug in any of our nations is alcohlol - this stuff is legal yet results in millions of lost working hours ( hangover ) per year , it destroys familys, results in aggressive behavior swamping hospital resources on weekends - yet is perfectly legal. on the other hand WEED is illegal yet causes none of the above mentioned negative impacts. though , it can and i have seen it , turn one into a demotivated spliff -for-breakfast zombie - though i suspect this has more to do with the individual than the substance.<br><br>how much is there to type on this topic ? lots. <br><br>all i know is this - at work i am currently doing a refurbishment scheme for the lancashire drug action team - its a needle exchange - i shall post any interesting tit-bits of info i pick up here soon.<br><br>meanwhile - im a rolling<br><br>mungo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next