Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drugs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:26 am 

Is a lover of French wines a wino? It doesn't seem so. You can do drugs the same way, without addiction. I know it demands very high control of yourself, and most people aren't prepared to it. "Avoiding reality" is not an argument that works for every people who takes drugs. Some use drugs just like a way toward new experiences. <br><br>Actually, the troubles don't come from the substances themselves, but mostly from the consumers. Drugs bring hidden parts of yourself to the surface, and if you can't deal with them, you can be sure you won't ever be able to deal with yourself in any limit experience. Drugs are addictive, but above all, people are addictable. <br><br>Some people take pop-rock and become Oasis. Some take pop-rock and become The Mothers. It works the same with drugs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:18 am 

<br> there is a time and place for almost EVERYTHING.<br><br> and there is time everyday to relax and smoke weed.<br>as long as it makes you feel good.   if it makes you feel bad or unproductive, then do us all a favor and stay completely sober.  <br> and go to church or something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:09 am 

[quote author=Dirty_Love link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=15#17 date=08/30/03 at 12:01:31]<br><br>I don't have sex with my CDs but I don't got a girl so my most beloved thing in life is my CD collection.  :D<br>[/quote]<br><br>It wasn't that way I ment, you can't have sex with the CD's....it's gross. 8)<br><br>No, I ment that I always listen to music beofre I go to bed aswell...nearly always :P<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:34 am 

I've never smoked the stuff myself, and I don't want to, but I'm all for the legalization of marijuana. Besides the medicinal value, I've heard from many people who say it doesn't cause hallucinations unless it's laced with another drug, like LSD, and straight marijuana causes a very calming effect, not really to the point of hallucinations or cosmic tripping. The anti-drug organizations use the hallucination excuse, trying to enforce ignorance by leaving leaving the truth out.<br><br>The real reason it was illegalized was because DuPont whined to Congress because their nylon just couldn't compete with hemp, therefore Congress illegalized cannabis in addition to hemp, as well.<br><br>Now the government uses drugs as currency to fund military coups all over the world. When we buy up drugs, the trade is disrupted. This is why the U.S. wants to keep it illegal, and why they send the entire military up to an area if it is thought that marijuana is being grown there.<br><br>Take a look at the Netherlands. By legalizing cannabis there, the use of it has dropped, especially since it cannot be legally sold and must be distributed freely.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:47 am 

Chinese Rocks<br>Somebody called me on the phone<br>they said hey, is Dee Dee home<br>do you wanna take a walk<br>do ya wanna go and cop<br>do ya wanna go get some chinese rocks? ( do you wanna go suck some chinese cock- typical Walter)<br><br>I'm living on chinese rocks<br>all my best things are in hock<br>I'm living on chinese rocks<br>everything is in the pawn shop<br><br>The plaster's falling off the wall <br>my girlfriend's crying in the shower stall <br>It's hot as a bitch<br>I shoulda been rich<br>But I'm just diggin this chinese ditch<br><br>repeat chorus<br><br>repeat verse two<br><br>repeat chorus 2x<br><br>(johnny thunders)<br>in loving memory.....<br><br>wowie!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:07 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=15#22 date=08/30/03 at 18:57:36]I did a lot of drugs for several years, and smoked pot for about 15 years. I don't regret it, and I was NOT STUPID when I did it. To reduce someone to such a simplistic label like STUPID is always bad, this topic included. .[/quote]<br><br> Let me re-phrase the STUPID remark then.<br>I realized the people I was hanging out with getting<br>high displayed to me less than desirable behavior.<br>I felt I was wasting my time smoking weed.<br>Am I still friendly with those " pot heads"? Sure.<br> I just have no desire to get high anymore. It bores<br>me now. <br> "Wanna hit?" No thanks...I'm happy drinking my beer.<br> ;D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:03 am 

i've been using drugs for 16 years, all types at different times.  I've has wonderous experiences on them and terrible ones....but the good times definitely outweigh the bad times.  People have problems with drugs when they take them to fill a void in their lives....when taken for pleasure they bring nothing but joy. (don't get them on credit though...always pay cash)

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:37 am 

Believe or not, I'm 38 and I NEVER took drugs, never smoked a joint. I love wine and whisky (I love bourbon, Irish and Scotch whisky, I can open a topic if someone is interested). Well maybe alcohol can be seen as a drug after all  :)<br>Obviously, I'm talking about good whisky, not horrors like Four Roses or Ballantine's. I'm such a whisky aficionado that I read a monthly specializing in whisky. Last year, I placed a bid in an auction for a bottle of Laphroaig. And I won, yeepee, the bottle is signed by the distiller, I'll never drink it I'm afraid. Oh well...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:57 am 

I've been smoking joints pretty often from 16 to 21...  8)<br>...but it was so expensive...  ;D<br>...I love their flavour so I still smoke but not often...  :)<br>No comparison between joint and heroin please...<br>I could accept a comparison between alcool or tobacco and joint...<br>No acid, no cocaine, no heroin...those are dangerous and individual drugs...<br>Joint is something different...I never smoked alone, always with friends or girls...just like drinkin' wine in a bar with friends...smoking, talking and smiling. <br><br>ciao.<br><br> :) ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:54 am 

without taking drugs i may never have been introduced to zappa, as ti was through smoking hash that i first came into contact with his music.  i have a lot of friends who are into zappa and all of them take drugs....it's not drugs that are the problem it's that some of the people who take them are too fucked up to be able to deal with them. And anyway i prefer my drugs to be tax free

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:47 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=30#36 date=09/01/03 at 03:54:15]....it's not drugs that are the problem it's that some of the people who take them are too fucked up to be able to deal with them[/quote]<br><br>...pretty agree.<br><br>ciao.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:35 am 

..Been there, done it all, even bought the damned T-shirt....Drug-Free now, although I still love my pain killers ;D ;D ;D ;D<br><br>..Whippets are fun too, but ya can't do too much of it..nitrous oxide, that is...or laughing gas..ya can do a "whippet" from a can of whip cream..just hold the can upright, with the nozzle pointing up, stick it in yer mug, and press the nozzle, inhale and hold........til the room starts shaking, then release......ahhhhhh relaese, it feElz soe goode//////////// :o :o :o :o<br><br>..note: Known to kill irrelpaceable brain-cellz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:19 am 

I use under arm deodorent, and its got all sorts of nasty things inside, but i cant help my self ::)<br>In my armpits that is!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:47 am 

Aaah my favourite subject. My first drug was sugar. STILL haven't managed to kick that habit. Coffee came next (but never with sugar funnily - there's no gateway affect obviously like pills leading to the needle etc) Alchol came next - hardly touch it now. Then I began using cannabis products of which I have been researching for about 7 years now. I used LSD & E about 10 times each and tried Coke once or twice for an educational experience - thought it was crap. Have to say Coffee screwed my body up the most and probably Franks too. LSD taught me alot but Cannabis is like God for me. I feel fantastic whether I'm smoking it or not and I love myself to bits (no self hatred here). Of course there are folks who it don't agree with. <br>Drugs are'nt bad - not even hard ones in my book.<br>Maybe we all have a relationship with some sort of poison that we have to live thru and maybe it makes us stronger in the long run. Some postive stuff and some beautiful art as been made by drug users and I also know some of the holy men in India who follow the Hindu God - Shiva take all sorts of drugs as Shiva is the taker of poisons. Who can say whether drugs are BAD?<br>The only thing I can say is 100% BAD is Micheal Jackson!!<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:22 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=30#40 date=09/01/03 at 11:05:47][center]<br>I learned that trick as a teen in the late 60s. My buddies and I never bought the stuff. Instead, we would visit a grocery store and stick our heads in the freezer while releasing the gas from the canisters.<br> :o[/center]<br>[/quote]<br><br>So I wasn't the only one to ever do that.<br><br><br>[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=30#40 date=09/01/03 at 11:05:47]Potential problems with nitrous oxide result from careless use. Probably the biggest risk involves inhaling the gas straight from pressurized tanks or mask attachments. A 1984 study by researchers at the Medical College of Virginia found that nitrous-filled tanks pose potentially serious risks to unwitting users, including:<br>
  • Brain injury and suffocation from lack of oxygen. <br>
  • Very cold temperatures of the gas can freeze the lips and throat. <br>
  • High levels of pressure may rupture blood vessels in the lungs and force air into the chest cavity, causing the lungs to collapse. <br>
  • Careless use of nitrous oxide can also cause nausea, vomiting, and disorientation. The chemical produces a temporary loss of motor control.
<br>[/quote]<br><br>I sneaked into a dentist office one night and I opened up the valve on the nitrous tank. <br><br>I knew they kept the stuff in the back and it was fed through hoses to the seperate rooms, so I just went in one of the rooms and laid back in the chair. <br><br>I didn't bother with the oxygen tank.  <br><br>It didn't take long to knock me out. If I had been alone not only would I have been dead right now, I would have been caught. I had a headache for a week after.<br><br>That was my last trip on the gas...I just stuck with the LSD after that.<br><br><br><br>I'm not agin' a puff or two now and then,between consenting adults.<br><br>Maybe just one *SPAM* on rainy days (like today for example :) )  <br><br>But I served time in prison for a drug bust and that was pretty much the end of the party for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 am 

I discovered F.Z. in a coffee shop in Amsterdam, De kuil, I believe some of you may know it. So hooray for weed!<br><br>Plus, I grew up in a pub and my dad had to throw out so many drunken bums for antisocial behaviour that it put me off of alcohol. I dare say that had it been a coffeeshop he wouldn't have thrown the half of them out!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:46 am 

Once I had some friends that was going to smoke tea once.<br><br>But they didn't wait for me >:(<br><br>Also, I have another friend that knw how to smoke it out of bananas ;)<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:06 am 

[quote author=dr_grogg link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=45#49 date=11/11/03 at 06:46:01]Once I had some friends that was going to smoke tea once.<br><br>But they didn't wait for me >:(<br><br>Also, I have another friend that knw how to smoke it out of bananas ;)<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>[/quote]<br>smoking tea is pointless as is smoking  banana skins unless it is the seams, however you can smoke coffee i've tried it though i wouldn't recommend it and if you put a heaped tablespoonful of nutmeg into a glass of water before you go to bed you will wake up with a hit though it's not that pleasant either

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next