Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:18 pm 

For me being a wrestling fan my favorite of all time has to be THE UNDERTAKER a close second would be HOGAN.

Last edited by Trip on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:46 pm 

toss up... the the sheik vs mighty igor ¿

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:35 pm 

I was a fan of THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR; he started a new acrobatic wrestling-era...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:28 am 

Wrestling has blown for about the past 15 years, but the 80's Wrestlers kicked ass.  I always like Roddy Piper.  <br><br>Lease we forget the greats.  The Cuban Assasin, Leapin Lanny Poffo (Randy Savage's brother), George the Animal Steel, Bruno Samartino. <br><br>Remember "The Machines" ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:49 am 

Yokozuna<br>Doink The Clown<br>Brett ''The Hitman'' Hart<br>Lex Luger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:28 am 

Reggie "The Crusher" Lisowski <br><br>and his cousin<br><br>Dick "The Bruiser" Afflis<br><br>www.wrestlingmuseum.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:04 pm 

Okay add stone cold steve austin and brett hart to my list as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:58 pm 

honorable mention: pampero firpo; ernie the cat ladd

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:51 pm 

You're a bunch of very sad people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:23 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1048573126;start=0#2 date=03/25/03 at 00:00:22]I went to High School with Dave Schultz<br><br><br>He was a real wrestler. He won multiple Olympic gold medals. He repeatedly challenged ANY "professional" wrestler to take him on. Noone ever dared. He would have twisted any one of them into a fucking pretzel.
  • Hulk Hogan? Pretzel
  • The Rock? Pretzel
  • All those other WWF weenies? A bag of pretzels
<br><br>Dave is no longer with us. He was murdered in 1996 by a member of the du Pont family.[/quote]<br><br>There's a good account of this tragedy in Kurt Angle's otherwise fairly boring autobiography 'It's True, It's True'. Writing skills aside, for my money Angle is the best all rounder in pro-wrestling today - not least because he's never afraid to look stupid for the sake of the company - his sketches with Vinnie Mac and 'Stone Cold' over the past couple of years have been priceless! Some other 'names' could learn a thing or two from his attitude (just in case the Undertaker's reading this - yes I mean you, "Dead Man".) My all time favourite wrassler has to be - it's he, it's he, it's D.D.P. Diamond Dallas Page, now sadly retired from the ring but now persuing a career in Hollywood with his usual incredible optimism.<br><br>And for anyone who thinks this is a stupid thread, beneath the intellect of Zappa forum members, I respectfully ask that you track down and read this book before jumping to any more conclusions <br>Image<br>Wrestling With Rhyme by Leapin' Lanny Poffo - showing the world the eloquent and sensitive side of pro-wrestling!<br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:10 am 

[quote author=The_Mudshark link=board=general;num=1048573126;start=0#11 date=04/01/03 at 22:51:04]You're a bunch of very sad people.[/quote]<br><br>I was big time into "pro wrestling" from age 7 to about 12, then puberty hit and girls seemed like a much better option. ;D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:28 am 

My childhood friend from Oklahoma Billy "Goldberg."<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:21 pm 

I find those WWF (or whatever it's called now) get-togethers scary and disgusting. All those nutcases shouting "USA USA USA" when a brainless doughnut on steroids dressed in a stars & stripes thongs pretends to beat the living daylights out of a hulk called Igor the Siberian Sabretooth Tiger, but who is from Wisconsin with a plastic dildo.<br><br>Those frenzies can almost be compared to the Neurenberger rallies, or perhaps the 'hate sessions' out of Orwell's '1984'. <br><br>It's one of the American things a dislike with a vengeance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:27 pm 

To each there own,it's only entertainment and some of us like watching,if you don't like it so be it !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:56 pm 

disco boy wrote:
Hey, what about Killer Kamala...

never heard of him ¿

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:13 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=general;num=1048573126;start=15#19 date=04/02/03 at 21:53:50][tt]<br><br>Or maybe it was just Kamala? He was in the WWF in the eighties...[/tt]<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>From http://www.wrestlingdb.com<br>Kamala's early WWF run is not fondly remembered at all. Outside of a short lived feud with Andre, Kamala was simply another comedy wrestler who wrestled in the opening match of a show. Kamala's high point during his inital run came during a very memorable appearance on the Tuesday Night Titans show, where Kamala "ate" a live chicken. Of course he didn't really eat the chicken, but it was memorable anyhow. Kamala left the promotion in 1985, and shifted back through the territories. Again, this time at the request of Hulk Hogan, Kamala came back to the WWF for a short run in 1987, and entered a feud with Hogan. Harris fondly remembers this feud, and says that his matches with Hogan were probably among the best of his career. Unfortunately it didn't last long, and Hogan moved on to bigger and better things, and Kamala was again out of a job. <br><br>Image<br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:05 pm 

GORILLA MONSOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next