Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:58 am 

I'm not a wrestling fan, but I have been getting into The Mountain Goats lately...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:11 am 

The Andre The Giant documentary debuted on HBO last night. I didn't stay up to watch it but I hope to catch it soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:50 am 

How John Cena & Nikki Bella Disagreeing Over Having Kids Caused Tension in Their Relationship

John Cena and Nikki Bella‘s sudden split after six years together came as a shock to fans, but there were signs the couple was drifting apart.
For years, the wrestlers struggled to connect when it came to their future as parents. Cena, 40, was steadfastly against having children, while Bella, 34, was vocal about her desire to be a mother.
“I do want to be a mom,” Bella told Cena in 2013 on Total Divas. “I feel like I’d be missing out.”
“I’m going to choose my words carefully,” Cena replied. “I can’t give you that.”

http://people.com/tv/john-cena-nikki-bella-tension-kids/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Cena and Nikki Bella announce SHOCK breakup after WrestleMania

Cena and Bella had been dating for six years and won over the hearts of a global television audience in the reality TV series Total Divas.The Champ proposed to the ex-Divas Champion last year at Mania after they beat The Miz and Maryse in a Mixed Tag Team Match.
The couple looked set to get married but decided to call it quits shortly after WrestleMania 34.
A statement to E! News read: “While this decision was a difficult one, we continue to have a great deal of love and respect for one another."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/946568/WWE-news-John-Cena-Nikki-Bella-breakup-WrestleMania-34-Undertaker-Asuka-The-Miz-Maryse

:shock: :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:03 am 

WWE Greatest Royal Rumble, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Full match card with results (winners in bold)

John Cena vs. Triple H

• Cruiserweight Championship — Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Kalisto

• Raw Tag Team Championship — Sheamus and Cesaro vs. Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy

• United States Championship — Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Jinder Mahal

• SmackDown Tag Team Championship — The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Usos

​• Ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship — Seth Rollins (c) vs. The Miz vs. Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe

​• WWE Championship — AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (double count-out, Styles retains)

​• Casket match — The Undertaker vs. Rusev

​• Steel cage match for Universal Championship — Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns

​• 50-man Greatest Royal Rumble — Winner: Braun Strowman
https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/04/27/wwe-greatest-royal-rumble-saudi-arabia-live-results-highlights-updates

*Note there are no women's matches, I suppose it would be difficult to wrestle in a burka.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:43 am 

Nikki Bella & John Cena Are 'Basically Back Together': 'Their Commitment Is Stronger Than Ever'

Jodi Guglielmi May 21, 2018 12:51 PM

Nikki Bella and John Cena just couldn’t quit each other.

Just over one month after the longtime couple announced their split, Bella and Cena are officially on the road to reconciliation.

“They’re basically back together,” a source close to the situation tells PEOPLE.

Bella called off her engagement to Cena, 40, in April — three weeks before they were meant to walk down the aisle.

Sources previously told PEOPLE that her decision to call it quits was due to their differing stances on marriage and having kids: She wanted a family, but he was hesitant.

“This was never really about ending their relationship— it was about calling off a wedding because something didn’t feel right,” the source says. “It was a wedding that was entered into under false pretenses. She was pretending she was okay with not having a kid, he was pretending he absolutely couldn’t and wouldn’t budge on that point.”

On Saturday, Bella, 34, and Cena, 41, were spotted out together for the first since their split.

“They both got a wake-up call once they canceled the wedding, and they both realized they could fix what was broken,” the source explains.

In the weeks since the breakup, both the Total Bellas star and pro-wrestler has been open about her desire to get back together. Bella previously told PEOPLE that she’s been in “communication” with the pro wrestler and that they are taking steps to get back together.

“They never stopped talking,” the source says. “Other than the actual wedding weekend, when they took some space, they have been talking.”

And when it comes starting a family, the source says Cena has changed his stance on having children.

“He has poured his heart out to her, and she was more than ready to take him back once she heard what she needed to hear,” the source adds. “He’s been saying and doing all the right things.”

http://people.com/tv/nikki-bella-john-cena-basically-back-together/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6