Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:53 pm 

My new EP called Hypnagogo is going out on 12" 180 gram vinyl in February via http://www.ambidextrousrecords.com

Distributed by Juno Records
https://www.juno.co.uk/products/solipsi ... 668084-01/ Two minute clips of each track can be streamed here.

P.S Thanks for releasing the three coloured vinyls via Newbury Comics, bought all three! Please consider Waka/Jawaka on coloured vinyl also! You can read about it on my blog :mrgreen:
https://www.solipsism-solipsism.com/sin ... ured-Vinyl

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

Last edited by TheCentralScrutinizer on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hypnagogo 12" Vinyl
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:39 pm 

https://www.solipsism-solipsism.com/sin ... RUARY-2018

Solipsism's latest EP, Hypnagogo is now open for pre-order. We recommend using REDEYE RECORDS.

https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/9 ... -hypnagogo

They pack the vinyl very well indeed.

The new Zappa vinyls sound great. Please release more like this :mrgreen:

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 pm 

Glasgow Techno Veteran Solipsism Announces Hypnagogo EP on 12" Vinyl

Glasgow Ambient Techno master and experimental connoisseur Craig Murphy aka Solipsism is pleased to reveal his new four-track EP 'Hypnagogo' will be released on 12" 180 gram audiophile vinyl with striking artwork on February 26, 2018. The Experimental Techno/IDM hybrid project has already received critical praise and received support from the likes of Soma Records, Joe Muggs (Mixmag, The Guardian), Is This Music? and Indie Rock Mag, as well as radio stations around the globe.

Speaking about Hypnagogo, Murphy says: ..."Hypnagogo was my first foray into deep electronic music that blended the styles I'm most known for working in: Techno, Ambient and IDM. 2018 will have at least two vinyl releases by Solipsism and one Ambient CD on the highly rated Carpe Sonum Records which houses artists such as David Morley, Thomas P. Heckkmann, Nacht Plank and many others. My main focus though, is building the reputation of Ambidextrous Records and giving Glasgow another strong outlet for high quality electronic music"

Track Listing

A1: Error Hash Mirror Mountain
A2: Sea Dweller
B1: Hypnagogo
B2: Fast Rubber Taxis

Pre-Order Vinyl from Redeye Records now: https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/9 ... -hypnagogo
Distributed by Juno Records
Mastered by Black Particle
Artwork by Chris Weeks
Email for a promo copy and/or any other requests

More Info

Solipsism is legendary Scottish producer Craig Murphy, whose panoramic soundscapes and eclectic production style has drawn comparisons with the likes of Deepchord and Boards of Canada.

His music has been played by BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 6 Music, XFM London, BBC Radio Scotland, Digital Nimbus and many more leading stations. His compositions have also appeared in everything from independent films to mainstream television shows. Notable channel credits in the UK include Channel 4 and Channel 5.

As exemplified by his extensive and wide-ranging catalogue (available on Spotify and other digital platforms), his music has spanned everything from Techno to Ambient house to funky Electro. Murphy's albums feature collaborations with leading electronic producers such as 808 State and Metamatics. He also released an album with UK top 40 group Delicatessen's Neil Carlill as part of the group Shoosh in 2008.

His role as founder of Ambidextrous Records has seen him expand his reach further. Last month's OHM compilation, the first first vinyl release on the label, featured artists such as Norken, Christ. (ex-Boards of Canada) and Mick Chillage.

However, Ambidextrous isn't his first major venture into the world of IDM. He founded the popular cross-genre label Herb Recordings in 2006, which ran for seven years. In that time, he's released music with respected labels such as Silent Records, Carpe Sonum Records, Databloem, Touched Music for MacMillan, Txt Recordings, Cathedral Transmissions, Envizagae, Section 27, Odd John Records and several others.

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 am 

This vinyl is available from today :mrgreen:

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/solipsi ... 668084-01/

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:23 pm 

Good for you I will chack it out when I have a chance and give you my opinion.... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:09 am 

Following the excellent OHM compilation, Glasgow's Ambidextrous label continues its forays into vinyl editions with this sterling EP from label regular Solipsism, aka Craig Murphy. With an energised, dynamic sound that positively bursts out of the speakers, Murphy is flying the flag for leftfield electronica coming out of Scotland. "Error Hash Mirror Mountain" has the kind of overloaded yet melodic sound that you might expect from early Nathan Fake, although the wooziness is replaced by a rabid punch that shakes your cerebellum. "Sea Dweller" by way of stark contrast dives into a low-slung trip hop vibe, and the smoked out mood continues with "Hypnagogo" on the flip. "Fast Rubber Taxis" is equally slow, but it sports a sassy rhythmic strut that sets it apart from the other two downtempo tracks.

Juno Records

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/solipsi ... 668084-01/

:mrgreen:

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:09 am 

Plook wrote:
Good for you I will chack it out when I have a chance and give you my opinion.... :idea:

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:03 pm 

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:20 pm 

I like this a lot, excellent!!!

:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:51 am 

Plook wrote:
I like this a lot, excellent!!!

:smoke: