Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6788
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
With all the "cut and paste" shit put aside. If the United States didn't intervene most of Europe would be speaking German now.
Best thank the USMC and the Army Airborne Rangers for that!
But I guess were all bullies here in the U.S. right Bonny?

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 12396
Location: EINDHOVEN
That's a way of looking at things that is very American, very unilateral and very wrong.
What do you miss when looking at the America The Superhero way?

-Hitler was not a great tactician. His attacks caused a vast amount of unnecessary lives. If the scarcity of goods and military is anything to go by the Hitler-regime wouldn't have lasted long;
-US was planning to stay out of the conflict until Pearl Harbor;
-Like virtually any country at the time of this war, the US committed atrocious war crimes towards the Japanese on their own soil and towards the Japanese by not negotiating towards the end, preferring to listen to war propaganda; Japan was on its last legs by 1945, the bombing of Tokyo, Hiroshima and Nagasaki all count as war crimes on the Japanese people costing the life of 550,000 innocent people. That's ignoring the crimes US committed on European soil, like Biscari incidents, Canicatti, Laconia, wide-spread rape in Japan, France and Germany, bombings of Cologne, Dresden...

Don't be too quick deriding other countries as "cheese eating surrender monkeys", this is in complete disregard of the extreme violence put forth by the German armies at the outbreak of WW2 in the west of Europe.
And don't be too quick wearing that hero badge. Heroes don't rape over 100,000 women, drop atomic bombs on an already defeated country and don't revenge kill.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 16713
Location: misanthropia
Image

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
BBP wrote:
That's a way of looking at things that is very American, very unilateral and very wrong.
What do you miss when looking at the America The Superhero way?

-Hitler was not a great tactician. His attacks caused a vast amount of unnecessary lives. If the scarcity of goods and military is anything to go by the Hitler-regime wouldn't have lasted long;
-US was planning to stay out of the conflict until Pearl Harbor;
-Like virtually any country at the time of this war, the US committed atrocious war crimes towards the Japanese on their own soil and towards the Japanese by not negotiating towards the end, preferring to listen to war propaganda; Japan was on its last legs by 1945, the bombing of Tokyo, Hiroshima and Nagasaki all count as war crimes on the Japanese people costing the life of 550,000 innocent people. That's ignoring the crimes US committed on European soil, like Biscari incidents, Canicatti, Laconia, wide-spread rape in Japan, France and Germany, bombings of Cologne, Dresden...

Don't be too quick deriding other countries as "cheese eating surrender monkeys", this is in complete disregard of the extreme violence put forth by the German armies at the outbreak of WW2 in the west of Europe.
And don't be too quick wearing that hero badge. Heroes don't rape over 100,000 women, drop atomic bombs on an already defeated country and don't revenge kill.



This assumption is just that, Japan was not defeated and were willing to sacrifice millions of lives to protect their home land, the big mistake you are making is the Race for the bomb, we beat germany to it , but just barely . No american that fought in the war thinks they are super hero's just the opposite, I do, they do not, their sacrifice is all of our gain. I think you have not studied the war on all fronts completely, your evaluation is not even shared by German or japanese historians.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35861
Location: Somewhere in time
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
BBP wrote:
That's a way of looking at things that is very American, very unilateral and very wrong.
What do you miss when looking at the America The Superhero way?

-Hitler was not a great tactician. His attacks caused a vast amount of unnecessary lives. If the scarcity of goods and military is anything to go by the Hitler-regime wouldn't have lasted long;
-US was planning to stay out of the conflict until Pearl Harbor;
-Like virtually any country at the time of this war, the US committed atrocious war crimes towards the Japanese on their own soil and towards the Japanese by not negotiating towards the end, preferring to listen to war propaganda; Japan was on its last legs by 1945, the bombing of Tokyo, Hiroshima and Nagasaki all count as war crimes on the Japanese people costing the life of 550,000 innocent people. That's ignoring the crimes US committed on European soil, like Biscari incidents, Canicatti, Laconia, wide-spread rape in Japan, France and Germany, bombings of Cologne, Dresden...

Don't be too quick deriding other countries as "cheese eating surrender monkeys", this is in complete disregard of the extreme violence put forth by the German armies at the outbreak of WW2 in the west of Europe.
And don't be too quick wearing that hero badge. Heroes don't rape over 100,000 women, drop atomic bombs on an already defeated country and don't revenge kill.



This assumption is just that, Japan was not defeated and were willing to sacrifice millions of lives to protect their home land, the big mistake you are making is the Race for the bomb, we beat germany to it , but just barely . No american that fought in the war thinks they are super hero's just the opposite, I do, they do not, their sacrifice is all of our gain. I think you have not studied the war on all fronts completely, your evaluation is not even shared by German or japanese historians.



Good job Bravo keeping the debate a debate and no personal attacks, I have to agree with Bravo on this one Bonny, if the US had not entered the war one of two things would have happened...either Hitler would have won all of Europe and then I am sure with their unbrideled weapons research probably would have taken the world or Communist Russia would eventually beat germany and taken all of Europe with maybe the exception of Britian and europe would have been screwed.

Bravo is correct the Japan would have fought to the end, the dropping of those A bombs as horrific as it was saved millions of lives... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 12396
Location: EINDHOVEN
No and no.
You can't be sure of what would have happened if the US hadn't been taking part - from what I read now, the surrounding countries were completely drained of resources, I find it hard to believe the Nazis would have been able to sustain any form of equilibrum over such a long time over such a huge area.

The US went by Japanese propaganda for their policy rather than the actual situation in Japan. The Japanese army had dwindled since the battle of Midway, Japan had a 2-year supply of oil and was dependant on US and UK oil - in the years since the US and UK decided to stop the oil trade with Japan, the military had to resort to extremes to ration the fuel.

Japan had been depending on Russia to negotiate on their behalf with the allied forces - to end the war but still be able to keep emperor Hirohito. For whatever reason, Stalin never negotiated for them.

The idea that "if it wasn't for the bomb, Japan would have to be invaded and 10 million US soldiers would die" is Truman propaganda in response to a critical journalism by John Hersey.
That they would have fought to the end was Japanese propaganda.

Reality:
Japan was on its last legs - economy was drained, oil and food were running out, population turned opposed to the war;
The bomb on Hiroshima was a crime against humanity, killing 100,000 people on initial impact and a further 150,000 of radiation disease. Children who were evacuated to the countryside were homeless, now orphaned in a home town that had been destroyed, ostracised by the Japanese - the boys starved, the girls were kidnapped by the Yakuza and sold as sex slaves.
The ultimatum for Nagasaki was two days - way too short to get all the needed governors together. Hirohito was quoted saying he was prepared to step down to prevent Nagasaki - for whatever reason it happened, a further 40,000 to 80,000 killed, including one British civilian and 6 Dutch POW.
Conveniently silenced by the American government is the radiation disease that affected people who had been in Hiroshima - patients included American soldiers and investigators.
Among the contents of the bombs is strontium-90, which can cause bone cancer and leukemia. Strontium-90 was released into the air by the atomic bombings - it can survive in the air for long periods of time, as it has a half-life of 28.8 years - people might still get sick from strontium-90 released at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Remember the radiation was so strong it could even be measured from the US.
A grand total of about 450,000 people died from the bombs, making the US the fastest killers of WW2.

Plook - see he makes the assumption that I didn't study it well? That's an ad hominem: I studied both original American and original Japanese reports on this. Don't compliment him.

My sources are primarily an originally Japanese work from the 1970s by authors whose name I can´t recall or look up now that my sister is borrowing my book, and a recent documentary called Unrecognized Loss that I heartily recommend.
I have found most American popular WW2 books very uninformative on the subject, usually with one or two photos and barely any description of the direct aftermath, and no information on the extended aftermath. I've also found American newsreels of the day cutting out the more graphic footage - of which I've seen some, which is why I started looking into the bombings in the first place.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35861
Location: Somewhere in time
I will tell you what Bonny when I get a chance I will look into your claims and get back to you before I present a counter argument.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
BBP wrote:
No and no.
You can't be sure of what would have happened if the US hadn't been taking part - from what I read now, the surrounding countries were completely drained of resources, I find it hard to believe the Nazis would have been able to sustain any form of equilibrum over such a long time over such a huge area.

The US went by Japanese propaganda for their policy rather than the actual situation in Japan. The Japanese army had dwindled since the battle of Midway, Japan had a 2-year supply of oil and was dependant on US and UK oil - in the years since the US and UK decided to stop the oil trade with Japan, the military had to resort to extremes to ration the fuel.

Japan had been depending on Russia to negotiate on their behalf with the allied forces - to end the war but still be able to keep emperor Hirohito. For whatever reason, Stalin never negotiated for them.

The idea that "if it wasn't for the bomb, Japan would have to be invaded and 10 million US soldiers would die" is Truman propaganda in response to a critical journalism by John Hersey.
That they would have fought to the end was Japanese propaganda.

Reality:
Japan was on its last legs - economy was drained, oil and food were running out, population turned opposed to the war;
The bomb on Hiroshima was a crime against humanity, killing 100,000 people on initial impact and a further 150,000 of radiation disease. Children who were evacuated to the countryside were homeless, now orphaned in a home town that had been destroyed, ostracised by the Japanese - the boys starved, the girls were kidnapped by the Yakuza and sold as sex slaves.
The ultimatum for Nagasaki was two days - way too short to get all the needed governors together. Hirohito was quoted saying he was prepared to step down to prevent Nagasaki - for whatever reason it happened, a further 40,000 to 80,000 killed, including one British civilian and 6 Dutch POW.
Conveniently silenced by the American government is the radiation disease that affected people who had been in Hiroshima - patients included American soldiers and investigators.
Among the contents of the bombs is strontium-90, which can cause bone cancer and leukemia. Strontium-90 was released into the air by the atomic bombings - it can survive in the air for long periods of time, as it has a half-life of 28.8 years - people might still get sick from strontium-90 released at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Remember the radiation was so strong it could even be measured from the US.
A grand total of about 450,000 people died from the bombs, making the US the fastest killers of WW2.

Plook - see he makes the assumption that I didn't study it well? That's an ad hominem: I studied both original American and original Japanese reports on this. Don't compliment him.

My sources are primarily an originally Japanese work from the 1970s by authors whose name I can´t recall or look up now that my sister is borrowing my book, and a recent documentary called Unrecognized Loss that I heartily recommend.
I have found most American popular WW2 books very uninformative on the subject, usually with one or two photos and barely any description of the direct aftermath, and no information on the extended aftermath. I've also found American newsreels of the day cutting out the more graphic footage - of which I've seen some, which is why I started looking into the bombings in the first place.



You have several inaccuracies , one no one said the US would lose 10 million soldiers on a Japan invasion where did you get that fantasy, most put the figure at possibly a million combined, that's the US & japan, next your assertion that you have investigated most US books on WWll Is obviously rubbish. Look harder. Again I have included a link to a double dvd on the war very well acclaimed for accuracy , it is only 8 bucks US on amizon, very well worth buying, check it out.http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... SY445_.jpg Read this also>Image

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 12396
Location: EINDHOVEN
Truman said that. He even held a poll with the choice between "atomic bomb" and "10 million US casualties."

As I stated, most of the US books on WW2 I've seen are popular meaning they're not easily showing to the audience (US citizens with less background) that the US actually committed horrible war crimes. Actually the same goes for allied forces.


In other news, the 1946 book I just got, is absolutely smashing. Will provide a review and some interesting points the author brings up.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
I doubt your quote I can't find it, you are delusional on war crimes, Pearl harbour? was that a war crime? Bataan ? Warsaw, Okinawa? We had pearl Harbor by using your war mentality, that won't happen again hopefully , although we see hundreds of thousands in the middle east dying .




This is real>This victor’s narrative privileges possible American deaths over actual Japanese ones.[10] As critics of the bombing have become more vocal in recent years, projected American casualty estimates have grown apace--from the War Department’s 1945 prediction of 46,000 dead to Truman’s 1955 insistence that General George Marshall feared losing a half million American lives to Stimson’s 1947 claim of over 1,000,000 casualties to George H.W. Bush’s 1991 defense of Truman’s “tough calculating decision, [which] spared millions of American lives,”[11] to the 1995 estimate of a crew member on Bock’s Car, the plane that bombed Nagasaki, who asserted that the bombing saved six million lives--one million Americans and five million Japanese. The recent inclusion of Japanese and other Asian casualties adds an intriguing dimension to the triumphal narrative, though one that played little, if any, role in the wartime calculations of Truman and his top advisors.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35861
Location: Somewhere in time
Also if US had to invade Japan it would have been proceeded by extensive carpet bombing to soften up the target areas, I would be willing to bet that those loss's would have exceeded the A Bomb by a factor of 10.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 12396
Location: EINDHOVEN
The US made the choice of bombing virtually every major city (except for Kyoto since one US official went there on his honeymoon) in Japan. The Tokyo bombing claimed 100,000 lives. Part of the reason why the death toll was so high, is that Japanese houses were typically made from wood and paper - the bombs of the 1945 Tokyo raid were incendiary. Also the wind was rather strong. And 50% of the bombings were on residential areas. And the population density was very high. And Japanese defense was not capable of doing very much to stop the bombings.


In total, 67 cities in Japan suffered air raids: Tokyo, Kobe, Yokohama, Nagoya, Osaka...
In total these are estimated to have killed between 241,000 and 900,000 civilians (most commonly cited number is 333,000), and 103,900 soldiers.

So, basically, the huge casualty bombing had already happened. And yes, the morality has been questioned.

I can recommend japanairraids.org, has great documentation.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6788
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
BBP wrote:
No and no.
You can't be sure of what would have happened if the US hadn't been taking part - from what I read now, the surrounding countries were completely drained of resources, I find it hard to believe the Nazis would have been able to sustain any form of equilibrum over such a long time over such a huge area.

The US went by Japanese propaganda for their policy rather than the actual situation in Japan. The Japanese army had dwindled since the battle of Midway, Japan had a 2-year supply of oil and was dependant on US and UK oil - in the years since the US and UK decided to stop the oil trade with Japan, the military had to resort to extremes to ration the fuel.

Japan had been depending on Russia to negotiate on their behalf with the allied forces - to end the war but still be able to keep emperor Hirohito. For whatever reason, Stalin never negotiated for them.

The idea that "if it wasn't for the bomb, Japan would have to be invaded and 10 million US soldiers would die" is Truman propaganda in response to a critical journalism by John Hersey.
That they would have fought to the end was Japanese propaganda.

Reality:
Japan was on its last legs - economy was drained, oil and food were running out, population turned opposed to the war;
The bomb on Hiroshima was a crime against humanity, killing 100,000 people on initial impact and a further 150,000 of radiation disease. Children who were evacuated to the countryside were homeless, now orphaned in a home town that had been destroyed, ostracised by the Japanese - the boys starved, the girls were kidnapped by the Yakuza and sold as sex slaves.
The ultimatum for Nagasaki was two days - way too short to get all the needed governors together. Hirohito was quoted saying he was prepared to step down to prevent Nagasaki - for whatever reason it happened, a further 40,000 to 80,000 killed, including one British civilian and 6 Dutch POW.
Conveniently silenced by the American government is the radiation disease that affected people who had been in Hiroshima - patients included American soldiers and investigators.
Among the contents of the bombs is strontium-90, which can cause bone cancer and leukemia. Strontium-90 was released into the air by the atomic bombings - it can survive in the air for long periods of time, as it has a half-life of 28.8 years - people might still get sick from strontium-90 released at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Remember the radiation was so strong it could even be measured from the US.
A grand total of about 450,000 people died from the bombs, making the US the fastest killers of WW2.

Plook - see he makes the assumption that I didn't study it well? That's an ad hominem: I studied both original American and original Japanese reports on this. Don't compliment him.

My sources are primarily an originally Japanese work from the 1970s by authors whose name I can´t recall or look up now that my sister is borrowing my book, and a recent documentary called Unrecognized Loss that I heartily recommend.
I have found most American popular WW2 books very uninformative on the subject, usually with one or two photos and barely any description of the direct aftermath, and no information on the extended aftermath. I've also found American newsreels of the day cutting out the more graphic footage - of which I've seen some, which is why I started looking into the bombings in the first place.

War is Hell....deal with it. My father was a Bombardier during WW2, what was your father doing?

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6788
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Oh... and another thing Bonny.
Ever hear of The Marshall Plan?
No? Didn't think so. After WW2 we gave Europe 13 billion dolllars which you people agreed to pay back. Now its 2015 which would equate to about 130 billion dollars. Wheres our money???? Better start delivering a hell of alot more newspapers woman!!!!!! And thats not cut and paste bullshit..thats fact. Wheres our fucking money??????

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6788
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
And who in "your" family ever fought in a war? Your dad ran away from some potheads who threatened your family? hahahahaha ROTHLMFAO!!!!
Do me a favor and go to the Goose to preach your anti American bullshit. Don't do it here. This is an American Forum!!! So save your preaching of what is right and what is wrong elsewhere honey, or expect the inevitible.
gc

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 12396
Location: EINDHOVEN
My grandmother was in the resistance.

Ever heard of communism? The main reason for the Marshall aid was to prevent Europe from becoming communist.


"War is hell, deal with it" ? I assume that's what you're saying now too, now that the US army has bombed a hospital killing 9 Doctors Without Borders? And now the US is doing everything to whimper out of the blame zone? Why do you think we have the Geneva conventions?

Do you also believe that the invasion of Iraq was to stop Saddam's dictatorship and free the people of him?

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6788
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
BBP wrote:
My grandmother was in the resistance.

Ever heard of communism? The main reason for the Marshall aid was to prevent Europe from becoming communist.


And it worked. Now where's our money?

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6788
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
BBP wrote:

Do you also believe that the invasion of Iraq was to stop Saddam's dictatorship and free the people of him?

No. OPEC wanted him dead, we just got the job done.

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6788
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
BBP wrote:


"War is hell, deal with it" ? I assume that's what you're saying now too, now that the US army has bombed a hospital killing 9 Doctors Without Borders? And now the US is doing everything to whimper out of the blame zone?

Innocent people die all the time.
Like the hundreds that died in that Turkish Peace Rally by suicide bombers. Your point?

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6788
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
BBP wrote:
My grandmother was in the resistance.


God Bless Her! and if she is still alive, you should thank her everyday!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 16713
Location: misanthropia
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
we


Image

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 12396
Location: EINDHOVEN
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
BBP wrote:
My grandmother was in the resistance.

Ever heard of communism? The main reason for the Marshall aid was to prevent Europe from becoming communist.


And it worked. Now where's our money?


We'll scratch it off your immense debt.

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
BBP wrote:


"War is hell, deal with it" ? I assume that's what you're saying now too, now that the US army has bombed a hospital killing 9 Doctors Without Borders? And now the US is doing everything to whimper out of the blame zone?

Innocent people die all the time.
Like the hundreds that died in that Turkish Peace Rally by suicide bombers. Your point?


Look at what you write.

Do you really want to equate what the US does as a nation to what terrorists do? That's basically saying you're a nation of terrorists.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6788
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
No....we're a nation of bullies. don't you know that?????

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5396
BBP wrote:
That's a way of looking at things that is very American


By "American" you mean: your idea of an American based on what you see and hear in the media.

Don't sell yourself short. You're not in possession of any great truths about the American way of looking at things. You'd need to evolve.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6788
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
downer mydnyte wrote:
BBP wrote:
That's a way of looking at things that is very American


By "American" you mean: your idea of an American based on what you see and hear in the media.

Don't sell yourself short. You're not in possession of any great truths about the American way of looking at things. You'd need to evolve.

And grow up.......fast. But then again all she knows is what she reads on the internet (so it must be true)

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mr_Green_Genes and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group